Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Hair Accessory?
9 23.08%
0 0%
6 15.38%
24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #91
Silverdocz
Swan and Dolphin Bride

Your dress is so beautiful! I did the same thing and ordered my dress a size smaller. I almost went off on a couple people because they kept reminding me that you're never supposed to do that. Ummm, pretty sure I know myself and I knew this was the way I was going to get what I wanted and be the size I wanted to be on my wedding day. It all worked out in the end! Do what you gotta do, Girl!

Swan and Dolphin McCullough Adventure 10.10.11 Trip Report
Silverdocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #92
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Pretty dress
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #93
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Wow! Ok so I have missed quite a bit but I am all caught up now!

*The dress is gorgeous on you
*I would have slapped the girl that kept saying the thing about letting the dress out or I would have said "can you have some damn tact!"
*I am starting to re-think what to do for a guest book for us and I really think yours is very pretty
*I am sorry about having to move. we just did that and we are still in the middle of it. it can be such a pain!
*the glowsticks for your dessert party sound awesome. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea. I am not doing much decoration at all so this might be a fun touch.

I can not wait to read more and wow you really are getting so so close!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #94
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdocz View Post
Your dress is so beautiful! I did the same thing and ordered my dress a size smaller. I almost went off on a couple people because they kept reminding me that you're never supposed to do that. Ummm, pretty sure I know myself and I knew this was the way I was going to get what I wanted and be the size I wanted to be on my wedding day. It all worked out in the end! Do what you gotta do, Girl!
Thank you, and YES! I do wish I could enjoy life a bit and not stress about being on a diet, but I'm also glad that I have something keeping me in line. I'm a stress eater and could easily see myself going off the deep end right about now if I didn't have a smaller dress to worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
Pretty dress
Thank you so much! You are right around the corner, I can't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
Wow! Ok so I have missed quite a bit but I am all caught up now!

*The dress is gorgeous on you
*I would have slapped the girl that kept saying the thing about letting the dress out or I would have said "can you have some damn tact!"
*I am starting to re-think what to do for a guest book for us and I really think yours is very pretty
*I am sorry about having to move. we just did that and we are still in the middle of it. it can be such a pain!
*the glowsticks for your dessert party sound awesome. I hope you don't mind if I steal the idea. I am not doing much decoration at all so this might be a fun touch.

I can not wait to read more and wow you really are getting so so close!

Teresa
Thank you so much for following along Teresa! If you are interested in the guest book, I *highly* recommend it. It was so cheap and looks great in person. And its small enough to easily travel with. Candlesandsuch.com is the website.

Steal the glowsticks too! We bought the multipack and the headbands. They are called "bunny ears" But definitely can pass for mouse ears. Had a great order experience with GlowUniverse for those.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday I'm running my first ever 5K! My partner is 5 months pregnant so I just hope that she isn't faster than me! She actually runs marathons and such and has kept up her workouts since getting pregnant, and this is my first ever group run so wish me luck!

Been having some family drama, but what else is new. (Brandon said "Want to piss off your family and friends? Throw a wedding ) My oldest sister is supposed to be making my wedding veil but she's been having some personal issues and I haven't talked to her in weeks. Last I heard she couldn't find the right fabric for it. She was making my veil after my mom said she would make it then bailed. So if she doesn't do it, that will be the 2nd person who said they would and didn't since the start of this. I'll just go buy one, not a big deal, just disappointing that so many people haven't followed through.

She also hasn't booked her airfare. I sent out a desperate email last weekend to her and my brother begging them to book now, because prices were soaring and it was stressing me out that they had been waiting for so long. My brother and SIL booked right away (thank you!!) but I haven't even heard back from my sister...

My other sister has been MIA for the past few months (a new boyfriend and lord knows what else). I left her a card at her house with a gift certificate for a foot treatment for her Birthday 3 weeks ago. I bought one for me too hoping we could go together and she hasn't even acknowledged that she got it, let alone thanked me. I guess I'll just go without her. She also hasn't bothered to RSVP to the tea that my FMIL is throwing for me on Saturday, so I still have no idea if she's coming or not. The invite was sent over a month ago... And on top of that, my sister in law emailed her to ask if she was going to do anything for me like a bachelorette before we leave, and she hasn't replied to her. So my SIL is going to take me out for drinks sometime just us I guess. Would be nice if my own sister gave two turds about this whole process but I guess that's asking too much.

Ok, next post won't be all downer stuff, I have fun pictures! More to come...
Old 03-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #95
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Onto more fun things! Brandon and I confirmed and e-mailed over all of our music selections. We are waiting to see if the trio can play "dream a little dream" (our song) so fingers crossed that they can!

We also found out last week that we aren't having Rev Tim Herring (a mishap apparently in telling me this since we had him requested last June) but instead have his friend Rev Phil Mccullough. Karen assures me he will be just as great, so I've decided to just go with the flow. I don't have much choice at this point.

Alright, so first we have my Bridal Ears! I am shocked that I got a sudden urge to buy these. I had never really liked them and was usually frustrated to see little kids wearing them (Always felt they should have been reserved for brides or at least the adults celebrating VR/Weddings) But when I heard they weren't selling them anymore something in me snapped and I had to have a pair. So here they are with my super splurge clutch from Nordys. Love it!

Next up are our custom Napkins for our Dessert Party at Sago Cay. We went with something a bit silly

Big thumbs Up to partyfavorsplus from Amazon where I ordered these. It was super easy and they look great. They were the cheapest price too!

And this next gem is the best thing that has come out of my wedding so far. I talked to Karly more often than I probably talked to my own planner. She was so friendly and accommodating and really is a master at her craft. Can you believe all of the detail she got on the mini bride in groom??? It looks even better in person. She is amazing

Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #96
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Love the napkins!

And holy cow!! I'm obsessed with that cake!! WAY too cute!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #97
elleinad16
One of 11 couples to tie the knot at Disney World on 11-11-11!

I love all the little humorous details in your wedding! Super cute.
November 2003 - WDW: Yacht Club CL • December 2004 - DLR: Offsite • December 2005 - DLR: Offsite • August 2006 - DCL: Disney Wonder-Bahamas • May 2009 - WDW: Coronado Springs • September 2009 - DLR: Inaugural D23 Expo • May 2010 - WDW: Port Orleans French Quarter • August 2010 - WDW: POP Century • November 2010 - D23: Fantasia Boston Event • March 2011 - WDW: Day Trip • May 2011 - WDW: Wilderness Lodge CL • November 2011 - WDW: Grand Floridian for our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding • May 2012 - D23: Boston FANniversary Event & WDW: Caribbean Beach • September 2012 - DVC: Vero Beach • October 2012 - D23: Wreck-It Ralph Boston Event • February 2013 - WDW : Art of Animation • May 2014 - DVC: Hilton Head Island!
elleinad16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #98
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

I LOVE your cake topper. I know I already said it on the FB page, but it's SO AWESOME!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:50 AM   #99
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Love the napkins!

And holy cow!! I'm obsessed with that cake!! WAY too cute!
I'm obsessed too! I really do stare at this thing like 3 times a day Since I first saw a cakezilla I knew I wanted one and I'm so glad I did! It was a bit of a splurge but for me, totally worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by elleinad16 View Post
I love all the little humorous details in your wedding! Super cute.
Thank you! We're a weird bunch, so it's fitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
I LOVE your cake topper. I know I already said it on the FB page, but it's SO AWESOME!
Thanks! I will also take compliments via carrier pidgeon, morse code or smoke signal
Old 03-29-2012, 09:53 PM   #100
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the family drama, what is it about weddings that brings out the suck in people?!

Your napkins and cake topper made me laugh! I love when people inject funny into a wedding.

I hope your sister stops being a turd soon and you have a fun tea and girls night out.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #101
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Hi! I am finally ALL caught up on your pj and wanted to let you know I joined in I love love love the clutch!!! It's super chic so I'm glad you splurged a bit. I also jumped when I realized Disney was no longer selling the bride headband ears so I bought them, too! I believe it was my first wedding purchase. Lol. Excited to see more of your plans!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #102
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Bridal Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Sorry to hear about the family drama, what is it about weddings that brings out the suck in people?!

Your napkins and cake topper made me laugh! I love when people inject funny into a wedding.

I hope your sister stops being a turd soon and you have a fun tea and girls night out.
I don't know why weddings make people insane. I feel like I've participated in other people's weddings and remained a normal human. Perhaps not...but she did show up to my tea on Saturday. Of course, she was late, didn't wear a hat or bring so much as a card but....she was there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Hi! I am finally ALL caught up on your pj and wanted to let you know I joined in I love love love the clutch!!! It's super chic so I'm glad you splurged a bit. I also jumped when I realized Disney was no longer selling the bride headband ears so I bought them, too! I believe it was my first wedding purchase. Lol. Excited to see more of your plans!
Thanks, I just love this purse too! Since it's a nice light pink, I think I'll be able to keep getting some use out of it. And I did use it in this next update of my Bridal Tea!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're just over 2 weeks and I'm starting to get nervous about details. "Should I have done aisle decorations??" "Is the seating chart ok??" Just getting myself worked up, I know. But mostly we're just counting down the days to be married and enjoy our vacation. I can hardly focus at work anymore!

Last weekend was busy busy! Sunday I ran my first ever 5K!! It was freezing cold but we made record time. 27:45! I'm still amazed. I just started running casually about a year ago, and started really focusing on the 5K in February. Never thought I would be a runner!

On Saturday my Future Mother in Law threw a Bridal Tea for me at the Georgian Room at the Fairmont Olympic Hotel. Oh la la! I'd never been to the hotel but had looked at it awhile back when we were first engaged and looking into a local wedding. The venu is amazing and we had a really fun time! Everyone (except my sister who also showed up late) played along and wore big floppy hats. Here's the gang

My sister in law used to have a business doing floral arrangements. And she gave me this amazing bouquet to hold and another HUGE floral arrangement when we met at my house beforehand. She said "If I can't do flowers for your wedding, I still want you to have them" They were amazing

Here I am posing at home before I left. Check out that tan!! that's two months of tanning ladies, YES I am that pale

Here is the entrance to the Georgian Room. Of course that dude was just meandering in the background. I kept waiting for him to get out of the shot, but he didn't seem to mind

My future mother in law (and wonderful host of this tea) and my future sister in law

I even had a custom menu! Very sweet

It was SO stunning inside!! I think I could get used to this

And a candle! I wished for no rain

The food was SO tasty! And of course so was the champagne

All fancy!!

Old 04-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #103
Jilian
DIS Veteran

That tea looks amazing! What a beautiful location and a beautiful group of ladies. I love the hats too.

That was so sweet of your SIL to make you flowers, she did a great job on them.

I hear ya on the tanning, I am as pale as can be and also had to go to 2 mos of tanning to get to the color that most untanned people are. Albino sisters unite!

I cannot believe how close you are, I'm so so excited for you! I was the same way at the end with the second guessing of everything. I kept feeling like I had to add more or should have done this or that. I think your plans sound great and everything will be beautiful.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #104
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Congrats on running your first 5k!! Aren't they fun?? YAY!

Looks like you had fun at the bridal tea!

I'm super super pale.. I don't tan anymore because it just doesn't happen for me

Can't believe you're so close! So exciting!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #105
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Awesome cake topper The desserts at the party, OMG! Did u save any for me? U looked like u had a fab time... U deserve it! So close!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: