Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Hair Accessory?
9 23.08%
0 0%
6 15.38%
24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #76
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_ariel_85 View Post
hiya, joining in!

Love the engagent story and it was wonderful of a stranger to capture the moment for you.

The bouquet inspiration pic looks lovely.

Wow! your ring is stunning, very beautiful.

I love your save the dates/invites, they're great and very fitting.

Cute flower girl dresses. Bless Pearl for thinking you and her were getting married, thats so adorable and funny at the same time.

Your shoes are very pretty

I voted for number 4 on your poll, it's just so nice, pretty, elegant... I do like the first one too but I think number 4 has the edge.

looking forward to hearing more xxx
Thank you so much!! It was pretty amazing that we got the engagement captured by a total stranger! Thanks for reading through this all

Thank you everyone SO much for your votes! The winning option was #4! The pink cherry blossoms with the big flower. I ordered it on Etsy and can't wait to see it in person! I don't know how I would have ever made that decision on my own

Now I'm stuck with this dang poll in my thread though. I had no idea you couldn't remove it once you were done So after crawling the boards I think I might have been able to request a moderator remove it. We shall see. If I have to create a new PJ to be rid of the poll I will be pretty bummed out...

So on Saturday I did get a chance to pick up my dress! It was amazing how much different it looked in my size! I still have some inches to remove (from myself lol) before it will fit completely, but its dang close. So I will call it a victory. I'll post pictures soon!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:45 AM   #77
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

sorry I am a bit late, but I have to say I love number 4 and looks like you have gone that one that
Cant wait to see it when it arrives.

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #78
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
sorry I am a bit late, but I have to say I love number 4 and looks like you have gone that one that
Cant wait to see it when it arrives.
Thank you!! I hope it looks good too, I feel like every time I order something online I dont want it by the time it shows up

I'm so dissapointed that this big poll is still in my PJ...hope the admins will take it out for me

Anyway! I tried on my dress on Saturday. The *actual* dress. I was pretty nervous about it, because the dress I tried on in the store was 5 sizes too big, so it was hard to get a full idea of what it would look like in my size. Then I ordered the dress 1 size smaller than the size I was at the time, in anticipation of losing some weight. (Not extra weight, just the weight I had gained over the holidays )

So I pushed the fitting off a few weeks because I wanted as much time as possible to make sure it fit. And....It KINDA fits It's a corset so it does lace up, but its so tight in the back that she said if I were to sit down it would rip. Yeep! But, I have 58 more days until I have to wear it so it should be fine...right? lol

My first alteration appointment is Monday, so we'll see what they say about the fit. I was also really shocked to see that the heels I bought are too tall! Kinda sad because I loved those shoes. It may be that they work once the fit is better, since its riding up a bit it makes the hem higher. So I will probably need to get like a kitten heel sandal as a backup.

Don't ask me what the heck face I'm making on the second one...haha..Ok here we go!!

Old 03-01-2012, 06:33 PM   #79
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you sweetie!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #80
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Very pretty dress!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #81
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Your dress looks great on you!! Hey, kinda fitting works-- you have time to loose a few (you can do it!) so it fits like a glove!

It really is a beautiful dress!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #82
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

What a beautiful dress!

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #83
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you sweetie!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Very pretty dress!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Your dress looks great on you!! Hey, kinda fitting works-- you have time to loose a few (you can do it!) so it fits like a glove!

It really is a beautiful dress!
thank you!! It does work for now and it fits much better than it would have if I hadn't been working so hard on my diet the last 2 months! I will get there, I'm sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
What a beautiful dress!
Thanks so much!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I had my first appointment with the dress alterer? tailor? seamstress? Anyway, the woman who has mad dress fixing skillz. She was recommended to me by the company who is custom making DF's suit, so I am really happy to have my dress in good hands. Although there was a moment where I could see myself on the verge of becoming a crazy woman....the woman's mom was helping me into my dress and as she was doing the corset was mentioning that they would need to take it out about an inch in the back. And at first calmly said "No, actually, the wedding isn't for 2 months and I'm losing weight. So it will be fine." Then she mentioned it AGAIN and I nearly lost myself with a bit of a snappy "We won't be letting anything OUT"

We have the majority of our RSVP's back so I'm finalizing some of those little details like shirts and welcome bags. I think I've decided to do shirts only for the immediate family (still 32 of us) and then I'm opting out of welcome bags. In the end, I just wasn't sure where to draw the line with who to give bags to and who not to, shirts no shirt, some stuff for theses people, some for others etc. And it's just one more thing for me to either drag on the plane, or have to make a trip out on our first day to buy and then the time to assemble them. So unless I get a bug up my butt (possible) I think I will just do the shirts.

I also got in our glow sticks for the dessert party. We got 100 assorted colors with extenders to make them bracelets, necklaces etc. I think this is going to be a really fun touch.

I have a few different dresses for the party too, I haven't decided which one I will use. I'm sure I'll just bring them all and decide then

My future mother in law is throwing me a tea bridal shower in a few weeks and I got a new dress for that too. And a big white hat! It's going to be so fun, I really can't wait. Especially since it's the one and only thing surrounding the wedding that someone ELSE has planned and done for ME. It's a nice feeling to sit back and just enjoy it.

We payed off our honeymoon and have all of our DDR's made. We're still debating on whether or not we will do Discovery Cove or if we will do Universal. I'm torn. On one hand, I've always wanted to go to Universal and would love to see the new Harry Potter stuff, but on the other hand...I want to kiss a dolphin!! ha! I just think it would be such a cute "honeymoon" thing to do. But it's spendy, so we would do one or the other. We shall see...

My poor nephew was tortured into putting on his wedding attire. (He was tired and even at 7 years old played the limp body, flopping on the ground routine ) but I think its going to work. It's not 100% what I was going for, but it was SO stinking cheap and I'm kinda like "whatever" at this point. I also got really cute white flowered shoes at payless for the flower girls.

AND! I got our guest book today! I'm really impressed with the quality, especially considering it wasn't very expensive at all. I hadn't really wanted to do much for a guest book (not wanting to drag a bunch of stuff around) but I think this will be great. I'm debating about adding a question to the top of each page like "What is your best memory of the couple" "What is your hope for their future" "Where do you see them in 5 years" "Whats your favorite memory of the couple" etc. We'll see if I bother

Old 03-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #84
Fairy Godmother
Mouseketeer

Your dress is gorgeous! I love your guest book. It looks really cool.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:38 PM   #85
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

How did I miss the dress post?! You look GORGEOUS! I love all the lace detail work on it!

And that guest book is amazing! Where did you get it?

Oh! We went to Nordstrom's last week and I wound up buying the bra you suggested. It's like the miracle I've been waiting for since I was 12 Thanks again!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #86
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Godmother View Post
Your dress is gorgeous! I love your guest book. It looks really cool.
Thank you! I'm really glad I went with this instead of the super plain notebooks I was thinking of doing. It's so pretty in person too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
How did I miss the dress post?! You look GORGEOUS! I love all the lace detail work on it!

And that guest book is amazing! Where did you get it?

Oh! We went to Nordstrom's last week and I wound up buying the bra you suggested. It's like the miracle I've been waiting for since I was 12 Thanks again!
Thank you! I'm in love with lace, so this was the perfect choice for me.

The guest book is from candlesandsuch.com. I just double checked, the book was $18!! $26 with tax and shipping (I got a buck or so off after I googled for a coupon code at checkout). I'm just blown away at how nice it looks for that price. The company shipped very fast too, so overall a from me!

And I'm so glad you found the right holster from Nordys!! They are like bra gods there. Yay!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #87
CDsSleepingBeauty
Mouseketeer

Your dress is so pretty! Cute guest book, too!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #88
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Yay, my choice for hair accessory won! Also loving your dress! And if you make up your mind to do it, you will lose weight. I often find myself saying "I have a wedding dress to fit into." Its a nice reminder for when I want a donut, etc. You can do it!!
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #89
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

The shirts sound great!

I love that you got glow sticks-- so fun!

Aww, I can't wait to hear about the tea bridal shower!

Congrats on the honeymoon and ADRs! Totally do Harry Potter World!

The guest book is really impressive! Pretty!
Old 03-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #90
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDsSleepingBeauty View Post
Your dress is so pretty! Cute guest book, too!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald&daisy View Post
Yay, my choice for hair accessory won! Also loving your dress! And if you make up your mind to do it, you will lose weight. I often find myself saying "I have a wedding dress to fit into." Its a nice reminder for when I want a donut, etc. You can do it!!
I got the hair piece in the mail last week and it is JUST as pretty in person! Thanks everyone for the votes (But I'm so sorry I added it as a stupid poll since it seems to be stuck there forever now. sad face)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
The shirts sound great!

I love that you got glow sticks-- so fun!

Aww, I can't wait to hear about the tea bridal shower!

Congrats on the honeymoon and ADRs! Totally do Harry Potter World!

The guest book is really impressive! Pretty!
I think HP world is going to win, but we shall see. We might just wing it when we get there (GASP! So against the grain of my over planning self)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to update my ticket because I realized that when I made it a year or so ago, that I put the wrong date in! So it was counting me down from the 21st or April instead of the 28th. LOL

We finally have our (pretty much confirmed) final guest count! 43 for the ceremony/reception and 33 for the Dessert Party the next day. Yay! This allowed me to work on the seating chart. I have to say, I did a pretty fab job on it too

Right now I'm trying to plan through some logistics like day of timeline, when to schedule what. I got a confirmation call from Beaute Speciale and she helped a bit with firming up the times, but I'm still not entierly sure. And I need to sort out some details with Karen at JM for things like our exit (if we will have one or if we will just walk down to start our dance) and who will announce us into the reception.

Life has thrown us a bit of a curve ball and we found out that we can't renew our lease on our current place. We were intending to move this summer, but wanted to wait until late summer so we could recoup from the wedding/honeymoon first. Well...now we have to be out by the end of June. That only gives us a bit over a month after we get home to get a new place. But now we're throwing around some ideas of moving out of state. We aren't planning on starting our family for a few years so we have some time now if we want to go do something different. But of course, it's all happening in a very short period of time. So we shall see! I'm trying my hardest not to worry too much about it now, and just focus on the wedding and enjoying the honeymoon.

I started writing my vows too and I got them mostly finished pretty quickly! I do still need to work on the hankies I'm embroidering for the ceremony (I am giving 3 hankies to Brandon as part of a Hungarian tradition) and of course I have been putting them off like crazy. So that should fill up the next weekend or so.

Next update will include pictures of our wedding cake topper with a full on praise/love fest for the Etsy vendor who made it. She was seriously my favorite person to work with in my whole life. So amazing. And then a pic of our custom napkins for the dessert party! Stay tuned!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: