Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which Hair Accessory?
9 23.08%
0 0%
6 15.38%
24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
Fay
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, your story is lovely!

I love the necklace, and think it will look beautiful on your special day! xx

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Well, I got the necklace. It is totally unique and beautiful, but I don't think it's going to be right for the wedding. whah whah. It's just a bit too long with no way to adjust the length. SO! Onto more jewelry brainstorming (there are worse things to do in life I suppose lol)

We ordered our invitations! WOOHOO! And B did great work on our wedding website coding in an RSVP field that sends right to our wedding email. So happy he's technical. I'll get them in the mail in a week or so and send them out shortly after. We're requesting a March 1st RSVP (not what the wedding books say to do, but this is destination. And we sent out STD's in October so this isn't news to anyone)

Now I'm really debating about Welcome Bags. I go back and forth on it pretty much by the hour. On one hand, I keep reminding myself to keep it simple (or KISS as Dwight says) and that the whole point of this destination wedding was to make things easy on myself and not get hung up on details. Then the other side of me thinks it would be so cool and I should just do it LOL. I also really want to do a group Tshirt. I've always wanted to be one of those groups that has matching shirts but my family would *never* go for that. This is the one chance I have to really FORCE them because it's my wedding. mwa ha ha. totally evil reason, but this may be my only opportunity for matching shirts at Disney. I just can't imagine the logistics of getting everyone's sizes. Then deciding who to make shirts for and who not to (this is destination with our closest family, but there will be additional guests that are not going to necessarily be in the parks with us the whole time. I just am afraid of leaving anyone out, but wouldn't want to make shirts for everyone. Ehh, this is already sounding too complicated!! :P

I also need to pick out what we're doing for a guest book. My most recent inspiration was the idea of using a coffee table book and have people sign in it. Here's a few ideas

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Walt...ef=pd_sim_b_20

http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Old-Time-...f=pd_sim_b_1#_

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-2000-...361&sr=1-135#_

Three different Disney type books. It's just hard to know how much sigining space there will be when I can't see it in person. So we'll see.
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #18
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Sorry that the necklace won't work, but hey now you get to do some more jewelery shopping!

Congrats on ordering the invitations and getting a wedding website.

I went back and forth with the welcome bags too and in the end I decided to do simple ones. I knew I wanted to do some kind of welcome letter with info on the ceremony, transportation, etc so a welcome bag seemed like a good place to put it. I feel like it will make my guests feel special and since they're travelling far to be with us it seemed worth it to me. We're not going overboard or anything though, I think each bag total will cost around $3 including all of the contents.

I like the shirt idea and I totally think you should take advantage of your bride power and make them all wear the shirts. Then take lots of pictures because it will probably never happen again. If you don't want to go through getting everyone's size maybe just order some iron on's and send them out to everyone? Etsy has some really great ones. I'm probably gonna order from this seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/MissMorgan?...7664112&page=1 She does custom designs too.

I've never seen any of the books in person but based on looks I like book #1 best.

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #19
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Jillian, I'm still rolling about the beef jerky suggestion I made on your PJ. The best part is that I love beef jerky and Brandon HATES it LOL! So it was hilarious to hear it is the opposite at your house!

Thanks for the weigh in on the books, I think I like the animations one best too. I'm still back and forth on whether or not I want to do that, or something else. At times I think I'm going to skip it all together. *shrug*

And you are my hero for the iron on idea and vendor suggestion!! I seriously squealed when I saw them! And I think I will exert my bride power and make a group tshirt! ahh the blackmail! mwa ha ha ha!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #20
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
Well, I got the necklace. It is totally unique and beautiful, but I don't think it's going to be right for the wedding. whah whah. It's just a bit too long with no way to adjust the length. SO! Onto more jewelry brainstorming (there are worse things to do in life I suppose lol)

We ordered our invitations! WOOHOO! And B did great work on our wedding website coding in an RSVP field that sends right to our wedding email. So happy he's technical. I'll get them in the mail in a week or so and send them out shortly after. We're requesting a March 1st RSVP (not what the wedding books say to do, but this is destination. And we sent out STD's in October so this isn't news to anyone)

Now I'm really debating about Welcome Bags. I go back and forth on it pretty much by the hour. On one hand, I keep reminding myself to keep it simple (or KISS as Dwight says) and that the whole point of this destination wedding was to make things easy on myself and not get hung up on details. Then the other side of me thinks it would be so cool and I should just do it LOL. I also really want to do a group Tshirt. I've always wanted to be one of those groups that has matching shirts but my family would *never* go for that. This is the one chance I have to really FORCE them because it's my wedding. mwa ha ha. totally evil reason, but this may be my only opportunity for matching shirts at Disney. I just can't imagine the logistics of getting everyone's sizes. Then deciding who to make shirts for and who not to (this is destination with our closest family, but there will be additional guests that are not going to necessarily be in the parks with us the whole time. I just am afraid of leaving anyone out, but wouldn't want to make shirts for everyone. Ehh, this is already sounding too complicated!! :P

I also need to pick out what we're doing for a guest book. My most recent inspiration was the idea of using a coffee table book and have people sign in it. Here's a few ideas

http://www.amazon.com/Animation-Walt...ef=pd_sim_b_20

http://www.amazon.com/Tale-Old-Time-...f=pd_sim_b_1#_

http://www.amazon.com/Fantasia-2000-...361&sr=1-135#_

Three different Disney type books. It's just hard to know how much sigining space there will be when I can't see it in person. So we'll see.

I think using one of those books would be such a great idea for a guest book! Have you thought about seeing if a local library has one, that way you can see the insides? Or if there's a seller on ebay that might show more of the inside pages?

And sometimes, you just have to use your Bride Powers for evil in addition to for good.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #21
tric8783
DIS Veteran

Congrats! I think I read first when you first posted and didn't post (i've been so bad lately at reading and not replying!trying to fix that! ) Sounds like you are definitely making progress! Even though you had a bad experience with Bluezoo (more like lack of communication rather than a bad experience) I'm glad you posted about it- we had thought of going there for our RD and decided on somewhere else instead. Just makes me a little glad I made a good choice

Congrats on your invites and website! Love that people cna RSVP right through your website! Will we get to see a pic of your invites?

We're doing Welcome Bags but nothing too crazy, I think it's a nice added surprise for people traveling to the wedding that they (hopefully) aren't expecting to get! I say if there was ever a time for matching shirts, this is it. Take full advantage!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #22
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
I think using one of those books would be such a great idea for a guest book! Have you thought about seeing if a local library has one, that way you can see the insides? Or if there's a seller on ebay that might show more of the inside pages?

And sometimes, you just have to use your Bride Powers for evil in addition to for good.

This is a great idea! I'm thinking now that I will head to the Half Priced book store and see what I can find.

I found out we have a family member that has a part time home business doing screen printing! So we are going to see if we could have her help with making our group shirts. If not, I will just do the ever fun task of making somewhere between 32 - 60 shirts from home! lol. It will all be so much easier once we have a firm head count. Our RSVPs should be here end of the week and we will turn them around within a day.

Oh! And I emailed the Disney contact for doing a dessert party at The Grand Floridian. When we first started planning, I had seriously looked into the Epcot party but decided against it for a few reasons. I think the Grand Floridian is a great alternative. I think we'll set it up for Sunday night. Wish she would get back to me sooner
Old 01-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

The ring!!

Oh. wow. We found our rings! It has been a long process. There was a design I was absolutely in love with for the last 6 months that is a portfolio piece from a custom jewelry here in Seattle. We've been in several times to talk to them about ring options, and then last week specifically about the design we love. Well, long story short, they were not very friendly and we felt like we shouldn't have to beg them to be nice to us when we're spending big $$$.

Skip forward to a wedding show we visited which was a total bust. I mean, awful. I'd been to a big one before last year that was great and this was nothing like that. We were feeling like we had totally wasted our time, when we came upon a jewelry store booth. The guy was SO nice and very knowledgeable. And best of all, he had my ring. It was nothing like anything I had been trying on and WAY more blingy than I thought I wanted. But I put that thing on and it was like it had been made for me. It was even my exact ring size!! So on Saturday we went by the store to look at all of their rings, not totally sure we had decided and one more time trying on that ring and I couldn't take it off. Best of all we got it for a great price. And the store employees were so friendly and welcoming.

We had my diamond set in it and picked up the ring the next day! One whole day not wearing it was long enough! I am so so happy. And Brandon got his band which is being ordered and will be ready in about a month. So here it is!!

Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #24
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Yay! It's so pretty and sparkly! And that's awesome about the family member and the tshirts. Maybe they'd even do it for free as a wedding present? (I'm always the optimist )
Old 01-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #25
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Nice ring! It looks so sparkley in the picture so it must be really beautiful in person. I like that it is unique. Nice choice!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #26
Aurora2012
Earning My Ears

Beautiful ring!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:41 AM   #27
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Very pretty and unique! I love it!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #28
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Sarah!!

Just found your PJ, and have so enjoyed seeing all your plans
LOVE LOVE LOVE your wedding colors, and your ring is drop dead gorgeous!!

Regarding not having a bridal party, I can completely relate to you on that decision. DF and I are having a small wedding too (probably about 40 people), and it just didn't feel right to have a traditional bridal party. I think we'll end up just having one person each to stand up there with us.

Yay for a DP!! That'll be a fantastic experience! What sort of desserts are you thinking you'll have??

I'm very excited to see/read the rest of your plans!
Old 01-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #29
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

UR RING!! AHHH!! i have a bling fetish the proposal was so sweet Ur going 2 have such a lovely wedding all the swan & dolphins brides have GREAT ideas
Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #30
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

A bit of a rant before the good stuff

Well, things have been insane on the planning front. Mostly because in addition to the wedding, I am coordinating travel, lodging, dinner and entertainment for all of our immediate family for the week of the wedding. (32 people) After 6 hours (not kidding) on the phone with Disney on Friday, we ended up getting screwed on our reservation and had to upgrade all of the rooms at a pretty penny. I won't even say the amount because it makes me cringe every time. But, my family is pretty stoked to go from a value resort to the Boardwalk Villa's!

I also added in a Dessert Party at Sago Cay for the day after. The Disney coordinator for that has been a huge PITA but I think we finally have it confirmed. However, since she never responds to my e-mails who knows.... GAH! I wish everyone was as easy to work with as Karen at JM!! She is my hero. I was telling Brandon today that I'm starting to burn out on planning, but the thing is, it's the non wedding related things that are killing me! The actual wedding has been the easy party! Go figure.

I also coordinated group dinners for three nights of the week. Each dinner will have someone from my family and someone from Brandons family. That way, everyone gets a more personal chance to chat, and the families get to mingle a bit more. This took a whole lot of coordinating based on travel and the rest of the arrangements, but I think it will be well worth it. You wouldn't believe how difficult certain people are about this. Figuring *I* Am the one doing all the work you would think they would just say, "Wow! Thanks for scheduling this, Sarah!" But noooo. It's "I dont like that kind of food. Or we were going to do something else that day. That time is a bit late for me" blah blah. I'm ready to tell everyone to just not bother coming then.... BREATH SARAH! lol

I sent everyone a calendar of events for the wedding day, day after dessert party, Group Tshirt Day and Group dinners. And of course I have gotten either complaints or made fun of for being neurotic. sigh

I did find a family member who is going to print all the shirts so I'm really excited about that! They will turn out much better than if I were ironing them all on.

So, that was my big fat rant. Everyone is ticking me off and I'm one more complaint away from throwing my hands in the air and telling everyone to kiss my fat behind. The non eating of carbs for the past month is probably not helping my attitude....but for now, we will blame them Up next, invitations!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: