Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Disney Dream - June 9, 2013 - 4 night

We have booked our first Disney cruise although we are Disney veterans. My DH and DD (age 8 at time of cruise) can't wait for the adventure including trying the fish extenders.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer

We have just transferred to this cruise from a west coast cruise! Can't wait!
Betsy in IN

Betsy in IN

BetsyRNBSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

We just booked and talked friends into joining. Our kids had so much fun with FE on our Alaska cruise last year. Looking forward to this again!
RunnerMomO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #5
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Fish Extenders

This is our first Disney cruise, but we are hoping to join a FE group. I think the big and little kids in our group would have a blast.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Wonderful! So what ages do we have do far? My two DS will be 7 and 11. Our friends In the cabin next to us I believe have a DD 12 yrs old and two DS - 8 and 10? I guess I should figure that out! Can't wait for next summer.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

one excited kiddo and lots of excited adults

My DD is 8. She will be a few months short of nine. We are keeping the cruise a suprise until late spring, but she says that if she won the lottery she would go on a Disney cruise. She won the papa and grandma lottery because they are making sure we all get to go. We will have six adults and one child (not that we will ever see the kiddo since she will want to be off playing).
Old 12-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #8
BetsyRNBSN
Mouseketeer

This thread has been very quiet lately and we are at about the 6 month mark. Wondering what others are thinking of for excursions! Happy New Year!
Betsy in IN

Betsy in IN

BetsyRNBSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #9
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

I hope we get more cruisers on our board here soon. My kids would like to do the fish extenders again and we are trying to figure out what fun craft or project we can do. I think as far as excursions, we will likely skip any in Nassau unless we decide to take a snorkel trip. Will this be other's first time to Nassau or on a Disney cruise? We like to snorkel in Castaway Cay most and you can even bring your own gear so you don't have to pay for it there...they just require you to use a best they have available.

I am most looking forward to making some dining reservations hopefully for DH and my wedding anniversary on board!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Can't wait

We just booked the land portion of our trip and now I'm ready to focus in on the cruise part once again. Count us in on a fish extender group if anyone is starting one. (This is our first cruise so I have no idea how they get started or how you "officially" sign up for one.) I'm getting lots of ideas and will hopefully find the time to make them happen.

We are thinking of snorkeling out of the Bahamas, but haven't made any decisions. I heard the snorkeling on Castaway Cay isn't the best for beginners. Is this accurate?

Need to get crafty in a hurry.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Finally in the same year

We've made it to 2013, the same year as the cruise. We've been planning for so long that I almost can't believe all the numbers are the same. Here's to a quick five months (a little over).
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #12
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearbooksharon
We just booked the land portion of our trip and now I'm ready to focus in on the cruise part once again. Count us in on a fish extender group if anyone is starting one. (This is our first cruise so I have no idea how they get started or how you "officially" sign up for one.) I'm getting lots of ideas and will hopefully find the time to make them happen.

We are thinking of snorkeling out of the Bahamas, but haven't made any decisions. I heard the snorkeling on Castaway Cay isn't the best for beginners. Is this accurate?

Need to get crafty in a hurry.
My DS who was 9 or so on last cruise snorkeled on cast away cay and loved it. You are snorkeling right off the beach and can go out and explore to see Mickey statue underwater and so much more. You do need to be venturing a bit further out to see a lot of the neat stuff. But I think it was fine for beginners, we usually do it without fins and just wear masks or goggles.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

Do you bring your own equipment

We have some basic equipment from snorkeling in Hawaii, but I was wondering if it was worth the room to pack the stuff. I'm happy to hear about no fins because that takes up the most room. Do you recommend taking your own snorkeling gear or picking some up on CC?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #14
RunnerMomO
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yearbooksharon
We have some basic equipment from snorkeling in Hawaii, but I was wondering if it was worth the room to pack the stuff. I'm happy to hear about no fins because that takes up the most room. Do you recommend taking your own snorkeling gear or picking some up on CC?
For me, it was worth the space in the suite case just to save a little money. My family didn't always snorkel at same time, so we would take turns going out with the kids, and my 7 yr old was happy using his goggles. You definitely can get by without flippers in my opinion as some of the other snorkelers create such a big splash and stir up the sand!
Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #15
yearbooksharon
Disney Veteran

What to do in Nassau?

I noticed that you were most likely skipping an excursion in Nassau. Have you don't something fun there in the past or just decided to skip it because it's all been done? Just curious as we begin to plan excursions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: