DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

AKV one bedroom CL or regular savannah view?

I am in the early planning stages for a trip in about 2 years. We rented points at AKV savannah view last year and fell in love. We will definitely have to stay there next time.

My questions have to do with the CL options. (I know that to even have a shot you need to have the DVC member who owns at AKV on the phone at the 11 month opening as soon as the call center opens)

DH is pretty insistant that he needs the savannah view to enjoy his trip. I would really like to stay CL next time to enjoy the Sunrise Safari. We would mostly likely want to book a 1 bedroom. What are the chances of having a savannah view if you are lucky enough to book a 1 bedroom CL?

Another option would be to just book a regular CL through Disney but then we lose the kitchen and tub that I loved last year.

Any advice? Try for a 1 bedroom CL and risk no savanna view, book a regular CL room through disney and give up the space of the 1 bedroom, book a 1 bedroom savannah view and forget all about CL and Sunrise safari this trip?

Doing a split stay isn't an option b/c we will already be staying at a Universal resort part of our stay.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Just wanted to let you know that the savanna views available in the concierge category are reported to be quite poor since they are on top floor. You will not be very close to the animals.

You are going to have to decide if you want to do the Sunrise Safari more than have a good savanna view, which as you already know is not guaranteed.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but as I recall,two of the five 2-bedroom lock offs are pool view and the other three are savanna view.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
jackskellingtonsgirl
Jello Shot Chick
I am scarred for life from wearing knock off brands
I opened the door and gave them the "nanny death stare"!

Correct - 2 of the villas are pool view, 3 are savanna. Of the 3 savanna views, one is handicapped accessible so I am thinking it may not have the tub. I could be mistaken about the tub, but I am certain one of them is an accessible villa.
AKV CL June '11 AKV June '10 AKL Dec. '09 AKV CL Aug. '09 AKL/SSR/Poly/AKV Aug. '08 AKL Dec. '07 WL Aug. '07 AKL Feb. '07 Pop Dec. '06 AKL Aug. '06 Pop Oct. '05 Pop Jan. '05

jackskellingtonsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Plus, your view of the savanna is kind of blocked by the roof overhang. If you really want a savanna view, go with the standard savanna view.

Then if you want the Sunrise Safari, book a few cash nights for AKL Concierge.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskellingtonsgirl View Post
Correct - 2 of the villas are pool view, 3 are savanna. Of the 3 savanna views, one is handicapped accessible so I am thinking it may not have the tub. I could be mistaken about the tub, but I am certain one of them is an accessible villa.
Actually two of the three savanna view 1BRs are HA. One of them has a roll-in shower instead of a tub, the other HA 1BR does have a tub.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
Reasha.kling
Earning My Ears

Just out of curiosity, what is the breakdown of DVC rooms available at the CL at AKV?
Reasha.kling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:48 AM   #7
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reasha.kling View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the breakdown of DVC rooms available at the CL at AKV?
Five two bedroom lockoffs. Three savanna, two pool. Plus what LisaS said above - two of the three savanna one bedrooms are HA.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #8
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it will be much better to just book the one bedroom savannah view for this trip and maybe do a couple days of CL through Disney next time.
pinkxray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #9
drumms2112
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Thanks for the replies. It looks like it will be much better to just book the one bedroom savannah view for this trip and maybe do a couple days of CL through Disney next time.
I do not think you can book a savannah view for 1 BR DVC club level. It is just a reqest the way I understand it. You might get a pool view if you are wanting a savannah view. I could be wrong?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumms2112 View Post
I do not think you can book a savannah view for 1 BR DVC club level. It is just a reqest the way I understand it. You might get a pool view if you are wanting a savannah view. I could be wrong?
I think the OP is saying they will book a Savanna View room instead of trying to get a Concierge room.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
drumms2112
Mouseketeer

oops

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: