Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #121
antnyh
Proud BLT Owner May 2010

The Christmas decorations were beautiful weren't they? I am glad to see a review from Wolgang's. It looks very good. We haven't ever gone there, but may now that it is on the dining plan. I hope that means it will be added to the tables in wonderland card. Great TR thus far....looking forward to the future updates. Oh, and I hope the college life is going good as well.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #122
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

Yay for all things Christmas! Don't you just love it? Aww, brings back memories.

Earl is ALWAYS busy! Well, I take that back. It wasn't as crazy for dinner, but every time we go there for lunch (which is a lot) it's always busy. Busy where you gotta hunt for a table..I hate that. But it's so worth it...the food is yummy!

Wolfgang Puck looked good too! I love their pizza; never had anything else there though. When I went with my college roommate she got the mac and cheese and loved it!

Can't wait for more!
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 10:11 AM   #123
vickxo
DIS Veteran

So far your 10/10 on your outfit choices! I honestly love them! & Wolf Gang is by far my favorite meal outside of the parks! The portions are huge and delicious - and it doesn't hurt that it counts as a quick service point!
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #124
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Awesome update Jess, the weather looks gorgeous for that time of year, and how exciting that all the christmas decorations were up

Your food at WPE looks amazing! We've only eaten here once and unforunately it was a really bad experience. From everyone else's rave reviews though we may have to give it a try on our next trip.

I also had not gotten a chance to comment on your experience with switching schools. If you feel that you made the right decision, then you definitely did as spending four years in a school you are miserable at is definitely not a good thing. I went into university originially to get my bachelor's in biology as I really wanted to become a dolphin trainer, but alas it was not the course for me and I ended up switching second year and am much happier with my decision and will be graduating this semester. I'm happy for you that you chose to follow your dream, and I'm sure the theatre major will be a really rewarding experience for you

Old 01-12-2012, 12:02 PM   #125
katt789
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness!! That pizza looks INCREDIBLE! A cheese & pesto...wow!! I'll have to remember to try it next time!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #126
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

You were there 6th December?? Why didn't I realise this before we went?! We were there until the 8th and had a (total spoiler) Dis Xmas Secret Santa meet on the 7th!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #127
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattaAlley View Post
Yummmm WPE. Love that place. And the Pesto Pizza sounds devine. Will try the next time.

Awe I love how happy Woody and Buzz look in legos. That is some amazing Lego work.

I catch myself saying Frump now all the time. So it must be a pretty cool saying.
It's so good! YUM. Yes you should definitely try it!
I know, aren't they precious? That really insanely good when you think about it.
And oh yay I'm so glad Frump is the perfect word for so many occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
That mac'n cheese looks amazing!

The 6th was Tuesday right? Im trying to remember what I was doing that day
It was SO good! And yes, I believe it was! I wonder what you were doing haha. You'll have to see if any of our days matched up as the TR goes along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
That pizza and mac n' cheese looks so amazing!!!

Sadly, we are not planning to eat at WGP while we are in DTD... That's an OOP meal for us, and I am a tightwad - so it's EoS while we are there... Which I have heard good things about - so I am sure we won't starve.

Loved the update.

D~
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Yes, I did just quote myself. LOL Only because the Dis has been weird today...

So, I reworked my #'s and going off what the girls and I would potentially order, the price difference is (wait for it....) a whopping $8 - yup... I think we are going to WGPE for lunch on our DTD day. Who could resist that yummy looking food?

D~
You can't go wrong with EoS or WPE, but I think I like WPE a teenyyyy bit more. So YAY that's so exciting that you're going there!! I hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
The Christmas decorations were beautiful weren't they? I am glad to see a review from Wolgang's. It looks very good. We haven't ever gone there, but may now that it is on the dining plan. I hope that means it will be added to the tables in wonderland card. Great TR thus far....looking forward to the future updates. Oh, and I hope the college life is going good as well.
Yes they were amazing! So beautiful.
It is really good! It's only a QS credit on the dining plan so you should definitely give it a try! I don't think they would add it to TiW because it is a quick service. But I want to say there are AP or DVC discounts there.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here! And thanks! I will keep you all updated on how college goes next semester!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
Yay for all things Christmas! Don't you just love it? Aww, brings back memories.

Earl is ALWAYS busy! Well, I take that back. It wasn't as crazy for dinner, but every time we go there for lunch (which is a lot) it's always busy. Busy where you gotta hunt for a table..I hate that. But it's so worth it...the food is yummy!

Wolfgang Puck looked good too! I love their pizza; never had anything else there though. When I went with my college roommate she got the mac and cheese and loved it!

Can't wait for more!
It's so magical! I love it so much!
It really is busy like 95% of the time. The line moves fast but it's just a pain.
Mmm their pizza is great! I'm glad your roommate liked the mac and cheese too! I sure did!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickxo View Post
So far your 10/10 on your outfit choices! I honestly love them! & Wolf Gang is by far my favorite meal outside of the parks! The portions are huge and delicious - and it doesn't hurt that it counts as a quick service point!
Aww thank you! That's so nice!
It's SUCH a good spot, isn't it? They do serve a lot of food! It's awesome. For a QS credit that's a great deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Awesome update Jess, the weather looks gorgeous for that time of year, and how exciting that all the christmas decorations were up

Your food at WPE looks amazing! We've only eaten here once and unforunately it was a really bad experience. From everyone else's rave reviews though we may have to give it a try on our next trip.

I also had not gotten a chance to comment on your experience with switching schools. If you feel that you made the right decision, then you definitely did as spending four years in a school you are miserable at is definitely not a good thing. I went into university originially to get my bachelor's in biology as I really wanted to become a dolphin trainer, but alas it was not the course for me and I ended up switching second year and am much happier with my decision and will be graduating this semester. I'm happy for you that you chose to follow your dream, and I'm sure the theatre major will be a really rewarding experience for you
Thank you! Yeah the weather was perfect for the majority of the days I was there in December! You needed about every type of clothing within a short period of time, but it was great to wear sweatshirts one day and then shorts the next!
It was delicious! You should definitely try again and go back - I hope your experience goes better!
Thank you for all of the support! And I see it exactly that way, too. If I was going to be miserable for four years it wouldn't have been worth it! I'm glad that you ended up switching and you are happy with your decision! Things always find a way of working out! And thank you! I think it will too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Oh my goodness!! That pizza looks INCREDIBLE! A cheese & pesto...wow!! I'll have to remember to try it next time!
It was SO good! Definitely give it a try!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #128
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
You were there 6th December?? Why didn't I realise this before we went?! We were there until the 8th and had a (total spoiler) Dis Xmas Secret Santa meet on the 7th!
Yes I did! Probably because I didn't tell a soul. Don't worry. And aww that's so fun! I hope you had a magical trip!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #129
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Following along.
I was in Disney for Christmas a few years ago. It was awesome! We were in DAK on Christmas day and rode EE over and over. Had our xmas dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe

My GF and I are planning to go early Dec 2012. Can't wait
Old 01-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #130
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

CHRISTMAS. Disney decorates so well it's unbelievable, yet obviously believable because hello, it's Disney. YA KNOW?

YUM. Another thing to add to my 'next time' list... WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS PIZZA.

-Marissa
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #131
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Oh my... that meal looks AMAZING!!!!!! That pizza! That mac and cheese!!! Ok, I'm totally drooling all over my computer!!! I will definitely have to try WPE next time!!

I am also a huge fan of Christmas in WDW, but I haven't been able to get down there in over 8 years!!! I need to get back for Christmas again! Those decorations are so beautiful! Definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #132
mikera329
Mouseketeer

I'm IN! I'm HERE!! And I'm LOVING IT!!! Shocker, I know I was so excited to start reading this TR, but as I read on and found that you went with your heart and switched colleges, I got that much more excited! Good for you, and wonderful for you that you have such a understanding and caring family to support you in your dreams YOU GO, GIRL!!! We are hoping to take a short 4/5 day trip this year during the first week of December so I'm taking some serious notes! Thanks ahead of time, Jess

2009 AsSp DF 1st trip and engaged there
2010 AsSp Ian's 1st trip and our Disney Wedding
2012 Pop, CSR, POFQ, AsSp Adults Only/My Birthday trip
Kera(38):, Mom to Ian (DS13) Flynn and Ryder married to Michael(37):

Old 01-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #133
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Following along.
I was in Disney for Christmas a few years ago. It was awesome! We were in DAK on Christmas day and rode EE over and over. Had our xmas dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe

My GF and I are planning to go early Dec 2012. Can't wait
Yay thanks for being here!
Isn't it amazing!? Wow, that sounds like an awesome day! AK is the best way to avoid the crowds if you're going to be in a park on christmas day!
And aww yay! That sounds wonderful! I hope you guys have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
CHRISTMAS. Disney decorates so well it's unbelievable, yet obviously believable because hello, it's Disney. YA KNOW?

YUM. Another thing to add to my 'next time' list... WOLFGANG PUCK EXPRESS PIZZA.
Hahaha exactly!
And YUM you won't be disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Oh my... that meal looks AMAZING!!!!!! That pizza! That mac and cheese!!! Ok, I'm totally drooling all over my computer!!! I will definitely have to try WPE next time!!

I am also a huge fan of Christmas in WDW, but I haven't been able to get down there in over 8 years!!! I need to get back for Christmas again! Those decorations are so beautiful! Definitely puts you in the Christmas spirit!!
It was SO GOOD! If you get to try it, I hope you enjoy your meal! It's amazing there!
Aww well you will need to go very soon! It's absolutely amazing down there at Christmastime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikera329 View Post
I'm IN! I'm HERE!! And I'm LOVING IT!!! Shocker, I know I was so excited to start reading this TR, but as I read on and found that you went with your heart and switched colleges, I got that much more excited! Good for you, and wonderful for you that you have such a understanding and caring family to support you in your dreams YOU GO, GIRL!!! We are hoping to take a short 4/5 day trip this year during the first week of December so I'm taking some serious notes! Thanks ahead of time, Jess
HOORAY! Thanks for being here!
Aww thank you so much for the kind words! I hope it all works out! I'm moving in on Sunday and I already feel like this was SUCH a good decision!
Oh yay! Yes, this is the trip report for you, then! I have a short little early December trip in here for you early December travelers, and then we'll get to the hardcore Christmas week as time moves on!
You're welcome! Thanks for reading!
Old 01-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #134
Dream426
Love Disney!!

Joining in. I really enjoyed reading your last TR.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Last edited by Dream426; 01-14-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #135
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Very excited to be reading this since I've always wanted to go to Disney at Christmas - maybe some year. I am looking forward to your photos which are always beautiful.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: