Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 01:53 AM   #811
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Okay, so finally all caught up on your TR. Love that you have so many awesome photos that it makes us feel like we are there with you. Plus it gets me so excited for my next trip! Bummer we will just miss each other by days.

Speaking of which, I hear the love bugs are out already. Ugh. I hope it's not too bad when we are there. I hate bugs.

Anyways, best quote ever...."Food. controls. my. life." I do believe that is my motto as well. I live by it. It's kinda ridiculous.

Oh, and I am now following you on Instagram now that I have a new phone! I can't wait to use it in Disney!

Loved your real life interlude update.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:58 AM   #812
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Alright! The new trip begins. Love all the in between Christmas updates. Very nice gingerbread house. LOVE the Pillsbury sugar cookies. Before Easter they had Lightning McQueen ones which we had several times. The Vera duffel bags were great gifts! Can't wait to see all the Christmas pics from Disney - really looking forward to it.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #813
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

reading along! I have read all your TRs, but time kept me from responding!!! I LOVE your disney enthusiasm! looking forward to reading more!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #814
pinkpixie0920
Mouseketeer

I know I have posted before on your other TR's and am not sure if I posted on this one but I love it! You are capturing two of my biggest obsessions in life Christmas and Disney! And I love that it is April and I am reading about Christmas activities so thank you! My husband and I have been contemplating a December weekend trip for a while now and your report is really making me want to book it today! Can't wait to read more!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #815
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Wow! Very fun-filled in between time! I love the Christmas season! I can't wait to hear about your new TR!! Im glad you had so much fun!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #816
teddygurl28
DIS Veteran

A couple people have mentioned it, but you should look for the disney pillsbury cookies i didnt notice them until recently but i got them for valentines day (they were mickey heads with hearts) and easter (minnie mouse) im hoping they start to do all of the holidays!
2001(JAN)-All Star Music
2002(JUNE)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2008(SEPT)-Port Orleans Riverside
2010(SEPT)-Beach Club Villas/Grand Floridian
2011(SEPT)-Boardwalk Villas/Poly
2012(FEB)-Caribbean Beach Resort
2012(SEPT)-Boardwalk/Yacht Club
2013(SEPT)-Port Orleans French Quarter
2014(MAY)-Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #817
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

So excited for this next TR! I'm sure actually being IN DISNEY for Christmas and New Years was fantastic! I love all your Christmas photos from home! Those Vera Bradley duffles are adorable!!! I really want the Hunchback of Notre Dame on DVD but I can't find it anywhere so I'm rather jealous that you have it, haha.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #818
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
Yay! more to this trip report! I reallly enjoy your trip reports, so Im excited for this one to be a double feature! Hahahaha yay!
Haha it's not going to be over for a very long time! But who's complaining? I'm so glad you're excited! I can't wait to write all about it! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Girl View Post
I love your trip report!! I have read the whole thing and you are a great story teller. I am going to WDW in August with my mom. So excited!!!! I know it will be hot, but we are both teachers, so our travel times our limited.
Can't wait to read more of our report!!
Molly
Thank you so much! I'm so glad you're here and enjoying! Thank you! Ahh you guys are going to have a magical trip! And I've been there in August many times. It's hot but it's not ridiculously bad. Just take time in the air conditioned store and at the pool. And get there early, take mid afternoon breaks, and go back to the parks at night. You'll be fine!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post

OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED those socks! I absoloutley love them!!!!! Did you get those in Disney?
I actually got them at Target in the dollar section. Back in like... October? I don't know if they have them anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
We can't wait to see more Disney Christmas!
Yay I can't wait to show you all of the pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
I KNOW I'm terrible at commenting, but I did read the whole mother-daughter section and I can't wait for the new one! And I'm in the Interlude!! We look super cute going to Ellen's. And so many deer! I love Christmas. <3 Hehe we're precious. I miss you. </3 YAY TRIP REPORTS!

P.S. 22 days!!!!!
Haha I MISS YOUR COMMENTS! It's okay, I understand. I'm glad you're reading! And yes you are! Yeah, yeahh! And yes we looked adorable. I loved Christmas too... it was wonderful! And I miss you too! SOO MUCH! But now.....

ONLY 21 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBrig View Post
I am so excited to read the other part of your trip! It sounds like it`s going to be good!

I love The Emporer`s New Groove! Sadly, I have not seen the new Winnie The Pooh movie so you will have to tell me how cute it is!

Can`t wait for your next update!
Ahh I can't wait to write it! I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

I haven't watched the Emporer's New Groove since I was in 2nd grade. I need to watch it soon! And AHH the Winnie the Pooh movie is SO cute! You have to watch it!

Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
OMG those Vera duffles.
Ahhh I love mine! I use it all the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
OMG! Deer cupcakes! How awesome!
They were DELICIOUS! And adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerangel89 View Post
OMG I LOVE THAT MUSICAL AND THAT SONG!!! Can we talk about how GORGEOUS that quartet is? It should have been in the orginal movie b/c I just love the way it fits so well to how each of the characters feels.

OMG those are my favorite cookies EVER!!! I have the Minnie Easter ones in my fridge I should probably make soon...hmm.

I seriously CANNOT WAIT to read your next TR. You have definitely mastered the art of the TR that makes me miss "home" and so happy I could scream. All at the same time.
I haven't seen the actual show but it's my #1 must see show right now. Unfortunately it's not on Broadway right now and it's not coming here anytime soon. So I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! Hopefully eventually. The quartet sounds amazing on the soundtrack though!

Aren't they AMAZING!? I never got to get all of the Disney ones they've been having because I don't have an oven at college to bake them! But I saw some Mickey Mother's Day ones yesterday that I will have to pick up to make when I get home soon!

I'm SO happy that you're so excited for the next portion! Aww thank you so much - that's such a wonderful compliment! I hope you continue to enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Yay you're starting the second part

Bay Lake Tower is such a gorgeous resort and I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of it, and hopefully you had a much better off property experience.

Your Christmas celebrations sound like they were a lot of fun, and I love how you're including all that info before starting the rest of the TR.

Looking forward to more!
Yay I'm so excited!

It really is. Ahh I have TONS of pictures from BLT to share with you all! And haha you will have to see...!

This was honestly the best Christmas of my entire life! I can't wait to write about it! And I'm glad you like that! I wanted to make sure you guys know the whole back story!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Yayyyy part 2! How exciting!
That's awesome you got to shadow and get a bit of an intro to your new school! It's so good when something just feels right straight away!
You girls look adorable in your "ugly' sweaters! I love those parties!

I cannot wait to read about your FREAKING AWESOME trip!
Christmas at the world would be soooo magical!!!
Thank you!

Yeah that was really great! That way I wasn't really scared when move-in day came along! It was a really easy transition!

Thank you! So do I!

I can't wait to tell about it! That was the most magical Christmas EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Yay, shoutout to me! Everyone read my TR!! Even though I haven't updated in ages. SOON.

OMG, "wham filled". I'm going to describe things as wham filled from now on. Thank you, Jess. My next TR update is going to be so wham filled no one will even know what to do with themselves!!!!

I have sooo much Disney stuff from Walgreens too! haha

Ok, all your pics are adorable but that one of you and Kristen in the ugly sweaters is my fave. YOUR MICKEY SOCKS ARE SO AWESOME!

I love how deer stuff just seems to follow you around. Every time I see one, I think of you LOL.

So excited for this TR!!!!
Ahhh update soon please!!! I miss your updates!

Hahaha I came up with that on the spot. Clever, right? I'm glad you liked it. And haha your entire trip report is wham filled to the brim! I LOVE IT!

Walgreens is a dangerous place. They have SO MANY DISNEY THINGS.

Thank you! And thank you! I found them in the dollar section at Target back in like.. October.

Hahaha Deer are EVERYWHERE. I love them. I'm glad you associate me with deer. What an honor.

I'M SO EXCITED TO WRITE IT!!! It's about time. It's like... April already LOL. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209Disney View Post
I am looking forward to reading the next part of your trip!!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #819
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Okay, so finally all caught up on your TR. Love that you have so many awesome photos that it makes us feel like we are there with you. Plus it gets me so excited for my next trip! Bummer we will just miss each other by days.

Speaking of which, I hear the love bugs are out already. Ugh. I hope it's not too bad when we are there. I hate bugs.

Anyways, best quote ever...."Food. controls. my. life." I do believe that is my motto as well. I live by it. It's kinda ridiculous.

Oh, and I am now following you on Instagram now that I have a new phone! I can't wait to use it in Disney!

Loved your real life interlude update.
Yay I'm so glad! I'm sorry I fell so behind on your TR! I'm going to have to catch up soon! Aww thank you so much! That's such a nice compliment! That stinks that we're going to just miss each other! I would have loved to have a Dismeet!

Ewwwww are they!? Eww. I haven't had an experience with love bugs before so I hope they're not an issue.

HAHAHA that quote is so true. My schedules are planned around food. But hey, no one's mad.

Ahh yay! What's your instagram name!? I want to follow you back!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Alright! The new trip begins. Love all the in between Christmas updates. Very nice gingerbread house. LOVE the Pillsbury sugar cookies. Before Easter they had Lightning McQueen ones which we had several times. The Vera duffel bags were great gifts! Can't wait to see all the Christmas pics from Disney - really looking forward to it.
Woohoo I'm so excited! Thank you - I'm glad you enjoyed everything! And ahh yes I saw those Lighting McQueen ones! I didn't get to make any because we don't have an oven at college. But they looked adorable! I took a picture of the box on my phone. They have Mother's Day Mickey Mouse cookies out now! And yes, that Vera Duffle is one of the most useful gifts ever!

Thank you! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
reading along! I have read all your TRs, but time kept me from responding!!! I LOVE your disney enthusiasm! looking forward to reading more!!!
That's totally fine! I'm glad you enjoy the TR's! Thank you so much! I'm glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpixie0920 View Post
I know I have posted before on your other TR's and am not sure if I posted on this one but I love it! You are capturing two of my biggest obsessions in life Christmas and Disney! And I love that it is April and I am reading about Christmas activities so thank you! My husband and I have been contemplating a December weekend trip for a while now and your report is really making me want to book it today! Can't wait to read more!
Aww thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy them! Hahaha I know... it's a little late but there's nothing wrong with a little Christmas all year round! You definitely should go on that December trip - it would be awesome! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Wow! Very fun-filled in between time! I love the Christmas season! I can't wait to hear about your new TR!! Im glad you had so much fun!
I'm glad you enjoyed that! I do too! Thank you! It was awesome and I can't wait to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygurl28 View Post
A couple people have mentioned it, but you should look for the disney pillsbury cookies i didnt notice them until recently but i got them for valentines day (they were mickey heads with hearts) and easter (minnie mouse) im hoping they start to do all of the holidays!
Oh I have seen them! I just haven't gotten to make them because I don't have an oven at college! Once I get home I'm going to get the Mother's Day mickey mouse cookies! They seem to be making Disney ones for each holiday so far this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
So excited for this next TR! I'm sure actually being IN DISNEY for Christmas and New Years was fantastic! I love all your Christmas photos from home! Those Vera Bradley duffles are adorable!!! I really want the Hunchback of Notre Dame on DVD but I can't find it anywhere so I'm rather jealous that you have it, haha.
Thank you so much! Ahh it was AMAZING. I can't even begin to express my love for Disney during the holiday season. Thank you! I'm glad you liked them! And aww I have no idea how my aunt got it! I'm sure you'll find it soon!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:19 PM   #820
MegRose1107
Earning My Ears

I absolutely LOVE reading your trip reports! There is nothing better then Disney at Christmas time, thats for sure! For the past 2 years, my boyfriend has gotten me an annual pass for Christmas..needless to say, he's a keeper! Now if he just gets the hints I've been dropping about being proposed to in Disney! I can not wait to read the rest of this trip report and the one about your trip coming up!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #821
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

YES! I'm SO READY FOR THIS!!! *Channels the crazy Target Christmas Red Track Suit lady*

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:24 AM   #822
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

I am a faithful reader of your trip reports, even though I don't usually comment. However, I just HAD to comment on this one... as soon as I saw the sweaters, I knew you must have been going to an ugly sweater party! Although, I have to admit, for "ugly sweaters" those two really aren't all that ugly.

Anyway, you and your family are absolutely adorable, and I truly love reading your reports! You have a knack for drawing people in with your writing style - it's not forced or fake, and it's very enjoyable! Happily awaiting your next chapter...

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #823
jerzyzkat119
Earning My Ears

made me laugh

we are planning our first disney christmas in december this year so naturally i was attracted to your report. Ive been following for a while but havent posted. but i have to tell you it made me laugh when you said going through security you got beeped and they had to do a hand swab! gahhh happens to me literally every time we travel. i get sweaty palms going through security and i know they can tell. but im glad to hear im not the only person this happens to Orlando, Philadelphia, Atlantic City - where ever we may be I get put in the box lol

I'm enjoying all of your tips. We are doing two firsts this year - Disney during Christmas with a baby he's due Aug 3rd and ive never planned disney with a baby before - not that he will be able to do much - but i feel all out of control and i always have disney under control. Your tips for christmas are making me excited tho! Can't wait to read more!
2006, 2007x2, 2008, 2009, 2011 - POP

Old 04-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #824
DirtyDiana
A mix of Snow White and Little Mermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Chapter 33: THE INTERLUDE
December 10th-20th, 2011
I went with one of the freshman girls, named Josie, to two of the Freshman classes. (I actually am good friends with Josie now!)
I just want to say how absolutely weird this is, because that's my name! I don't meet many people with that name so I always find it surreal when it's mentioned in reference to someone else, haha.

But I'm so excited to see the rest of your TR! Keep those Christmas pics coming!

Old 04-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #825
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

OMG I CAN GET ON DISBOARDS AGAIN SO I'M CAUGHT UP. Turns out I wasn't actually far behind at all... hah.

In normal circumstances, if I got home from Disney and it was snowing, I'd be all like "AWWW HECK NO." BUT... in that situation, if I was going back so soon, and it was Christmas time, I would have probably been excited. Hooray!

YAY FOR TRIP NUMBER TWO!!! Ahhh so exciting. HAHAHA, my dad is the EXACT same way. He's all about the relaxation. He made me plan a day where he could just hang out at BLT. He was like, "I'll meet yall for the meals that day." Silly silly man. But he works hard so it's all good.

Sounds like an awesome few days in between trips!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: