Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #766
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

I love reading your TRs and have to agree with other posters, you would be a much better princess than many I have seen. We have met several that weren't even pleasant enough to be Grumpy!

My 8yr old DD (who doesn't know about our trip yet) has already declared, I want that castle up shirt! We will add that to all the other stuff she's seen in pictures.

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #767
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by POLY1985 View Post
Thanks for the beautiful pictures of the castle mosaics. I haven't seen them in years. Loved the pic of your Mom blowing out her birthday candles!
That Belle was definitely too old for the part.
Of course! I'm so glad you enjoyed them! And aww thanks! She's precious.
Yeah, that's what I thought too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Soooo- that girl got hired to play Belle and you were passed over on the first "look-see" audition?!?
I would assume she had been working there for quite a long time I have no idea what her backstory is lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooRach0906 View Post
Joining In! I love your trip report! I hope my DD are close like you and your mom so we can take an awesome Mother/Daughter trip when she is older! Your pictures are amazing!!! I love seeing all the Christmas decorations can not wait to see them this Decemeber in person!!! Can not wait to read more!
Hooray! Thanks for being here! Aww I'm sure your DD would love to go on a Mother/Daughter trip someday! They're the best - take my word for it! Thank you so much! I'm glad you like the pictures, and I hope I can hold you over until December! There are SO many more Christmas pictures to come! Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Alright, all caught up! I was getting so nervous you would be DONE before I got over here to catch up... but I caught up!

HAHA this trip report will never be done, let's be real.

I usually would give you many LONG comments, but I have so much to catch up on so I will say I enjoyed all of the updates. I loved seeing all the pictures you took of POR! When I tried to originally get my what-was-to-be-my-sweet-16-trip on the road, I tried to persuade my mom to go there, but of course, she said "If we're going to Disney, we aren't going to resorts like that, we go for the best!" Ugghh... my mother. Anyways... it's so nice to know my expectations of the place would be realistic.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked them! And aww yes POR is wonderful! I'm sorry your trip didn't work out, but trust me - there are so many opportunities for future Disney trips! I'm sure you'll go on another one soon! And haha well, having a Mother who wants to go to Deluxe resorts definitely isn't a bad thing You might have to talk her into DVC someday!

Thanks for giving us your little insight into the audition process! While I would LOVE to be a face character in Disney there is just no luck for me in that aspect. All Disney guys rarely come out and most are fuzzies. Then, there is Aladdin and Peter Pan. I probably could be a good Peter, but I'm WAY too tall and I look nothing Aladdin (then the height thing again). Yeah, no luck there! Unless they decide to let the Princes be more frequent visitors I'd totally do it, but working at Tower of Terror suffices lol Anyways... sorry to hear you didn't get very far though that didn't seem your intention, but I'm sure next time you will be getting that letter saying "Congratulations, you have been cast as Jasmine!" Trust me, Timmy KNOWS!

No problem! Aww don't worry, there is a special role in Disney that is made perfectly for you! You'll figure out what it is one day! Some other jobs are just as fun (if not more fun) as being a face character! Disney is just full of great opportunities! And aww well thanks Timmy! That would be a dream come true! But I guess we will have to see what the future brings!

Ooooo... Sir Mickey's looks like such an awesome store! I'm probably going to have to get that shirt, see what my friends say about it because I'm not dating anyone teehee (: I love the pins you got just walking around the immediate Fantasyland area. If we ever meet up in Disney whenever I go back (whenever that may be) you'll have to give me ALL of those... okay maybe not all of them... maybe yes all of them... what am I saying? Continuing on...

It is a great store! LOL that would be funny if you bought that shirt. Aw thanks! Pin collecting is my favorite. LOL I don't know if I'm willing to give up my collection..

What a great lunch you had at CRT! It looks so pretty and the food looks fantastic! Oh how I would love to go there... though I'm sure it would freak everyone out if I was the first one to say hi to the princesses when they came by lol But still THE FOOD! Mmmm... and I like all the little souvenirs they give to you. Glad to hear your mom's birthday turned out to be a good one

Thank you! It was really wonderful! You'll have to go someday! And haha at least it's acceptable to act that way in Disney! It really was a special birthday for my Mom! But I would expect nothing less from Disney!

Can't wait to read more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
I love reading your TRs and have to agree with other posters, you would be a much better princess than many I have seen. We have met several that weren't even pleasant enough to be Grumpy!

My 8yr old DD (who doesn't know about our trip yet) has already declared, I want that castle up shirt! We will add that to all the other stuff she's seen in pictures.
Thank you so much! And aww that's so nice. Thank you And aw I'm so sorry you have had not-so-great character experiences in the past! That's no fun.

Aww surprise trips are the best!! I hope you guys have a magical time! And LOL I understand... I want that shirt too! (as well as everything else that is for sale in Disney )
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 04:53 PM   #768
Rosenichole
Earning My Ears

i am really enjoying reading your trip reports they are helping me with my planning, we will (me, my husband and three kids 7, 3, and almost 1)be going on our first trip at the end of Aug. all of your pictures and stories have made me so excited and can not wait to be part of all the magic.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:12 AM   #769
sue_88
DIS veteran

I was looking forward to reading some great trip reports. When I got to the DIS your updates had AUTOMAGICALLY appeared! Wonderful!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #770
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenichole View Post
i am really enjoying reading your trip reports they are helping me with my planning, we will (me, my husband and three kids 7, 3, and almost 1)be going on our first trip at the end of Aug. all of your pictures and stories have made me so excited and can not wait to be part of all the magic.
I'm so glad you like them and that they're helpful! That's great to hear! You guys are going to have an AMAZING time! Be ready for some extreme heat at the end of August. But just remember to take your time and spend some time at the pool and a lot of time in the air conditioned gift shops Have a magical trip! And thank you for being here and reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
I was looking forward to reading some great trip reports. When I got to the DIS your updates had AUTOMAGICALLY appeared! Wonderful!
Hooray! I'm glad they were here for you! I hope you enjoyed them!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #771
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 31: One More Dis-Meet and We're Outta Here!
December 9th, 2011

Alright, so it was 3:09 pm and it was time for us to start wrapping up our trip. I took some pictures of the inside of the Castle on our way out!

All of the lunch guests were eating so the lobby was now completely empty. The inside of the castle is just gorgeous!

Stained Glass windows are also one of the most beautiful things in the world. Especially Disney ones!

I love the Christmas tree. It just looks so elegant.

Goodbye, Cinderella's Castle!

So we exited the restaurant. Our goal was to leave the Magic Kingdom around 3:30 pm. I could have made this easy for us and we could have left right after lunch with time to spare... but no, I had Space Mountain Fastpasses I wanted to use up!!

My Mom wasn't feeling up to riding it. However, I knew that Lia was in the Magic Kingdom that day! I was trying to get ahold of her through texting a little bit before lunch, but the messages were not going through. Her phone gets terrible reception in some parts of Disney so it was really hard to get in contact with her.

Finally, I thought I'd just call and see if she wanted to go on Space Mountain with me. She picked up but the call was cutting in and out, so we just hung up. A couple minutes later she finally was able to text me back. I asked her if she wanted to go on Space Mountain with my extra fastpass and I waited for her response.

At this point, time was running out so I just got in line. I didn't know if Lia was going to be busy or what. So I got in the fastpass line and got all the way through to the load-in area. I was JUST about to be placed on a number when Lia texted me and said she was coming over!

So, I decided to quickly explain to the Cast Member that my friend just got here to meet me and I was wondering if there was someway I could possibly get back in the fastpass line.

She was surprisingly understanding and barely even questioned me! She gave me a rider switch pass and sent me on my way! Perfect!

I exited through the Chicken Exit and I went outside to wait on the bench for Lia.

Lia was just finishing her lunch at Columbia Harbor House with her Mom right before this. She was like "stay here Mom, I'll be right back!" and she ran over to Space Mountain. She got there JUST in the nick of time and we got in line!

Thankfully the line was short so we got right through! We were in the last two seats of the ship!

The ride was a lot of fun, of course! I was so happy I got to see Lia one more time so we could say goodbye to eachother! Plus, riding Space Mountain by yourself just isn't the same!

We walked back to Fantasyland together to meet up with my Mom. On the way there we talked about how excited we were for the Fantasyland Expansion!

My Mom met us outside of Sir Mickey's. She got pizza from Pinocchio's Village Haus to take with us so we wouldn't have to eat airport food.

We said our final goodbyes to Lia and wished her the best for the rest of her trip! And we made sure to take a picture together this time! It was so wonderful meeting Lia and I seriously hope we will be in WDW at the same time again someday soon!

So as I said, we wanted to leave the Magic Kingdom at 3:30 pm, but we didn't get out of there until 4 o'clock! My Mom was getting VERY nervous. She's the type of person who likes to be very punctual, if not early, especially to an airport!

Goodbye, Castle!

We booked it out of the Magic Kingdom and exited the park.

We went to the monorail, TTC, on the tram, and to the Simba lot. Once we got to the parking lot I ran to our car! (I had to burn off that big lunch! LOL)

We got in the car and I looked up the address for MCO on my iPhone. We stopped for gas at the Hess gas station that was conveniently located on our way out of the Magic Kingdom.

Once the tank was full we were on our way and we were EXTREMELY anxious. We were nervous we weren't going to make it on time! (Okay, my Mom was really nervous. I wouldn't have complained about having to stay another day in Disney if we missed our flight or something hahaha)

It was 4:20 pm when we left the Magic Kingdom. We thought our flight left at 6:00 pm, but I checked and it actually departed at 6:28 pm which was really good. That basically saved our butts.

We made it to the airport and filled out or express check out slip for our rental car. Emerald Club is seriously the EASIEST way to rent a car. My Mom and I were so impressed with this service - we didn't have one issue!

Once we were all set we went inside Terminal A. We went through security which took about 15 minutes. The man in front of us was extremely nervous and it was weirding me out a bit. But I didn't see him again so that's probably a good thing.

I was told to walk through the security thing and then it beeped! They did some swipe of my hand and let me go. It was strange but I didn't question it.

Anyways... we took the mini monorail and went to our gate - Gate 4. I called Kristen so we could catch up. I had to explain to her why I was in Disney and tell her about my trip!

I forgot to mention this earlier but when we were at Les Chefs de France I was texting Kristen and told her I had an audition that day. And she was like "WHERE?!! ARE YOU IN DISNEY!?" So basically she figured out that I was there. Hahaha Disney radar, I'm tellin' ya.

Before I knew it we were boarding the plane. We were in Row 21 B and C.

I caught up on the trip journal and slept and stuff. After that point I just stopped taking notes on the trip.

So I'm assuming that nothing else that eventful happened on the plane and we probably got back around 9:30 or 10 o'clock pm. We picked up our luggage and went to the car.

And it was actually SNOWING!

It's super funny because looking back on the past few months, this was one of the only times it snowed this entire winter. Of course it snows RIGHT when I come home from Disney, right? Haha oh well.

Mom and I drove home, lugged our stuff inside, and said hi to my Dad and my brother. WE WERE BACK!

And of course, I ate my Disney pizza immediately. IT WAS SO GOOD, OH MY GOD.

I unpacked my stuff and put it away. I gave my Dad all of his new hotel shampoos that we got for him. He loves those things!

Coming home after this trip was such a weird feeling. I was sad that I was back to reality, but I knew that there were only 12 days to go until I was back again! (: WOOHOO! I COULDN'T WAIT!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 04-19-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:41 PM   #772
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Woohoo another update!

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with all of us. I was thrilled when I logged on today and found your update.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:53 PM   #773
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Yay Jess I was so excited to see you had updated!!

CRT is such a gorgeous restaurant, and I cannot believe that you guys got a reservation only that much ahead of time but what an awesome end to your trip.

Yay for the Space CM being understanding about the situation, and yay for disney pizza rather than airport food.

Have you finished finals yet Jess or are you still in the midst?

I'm so excited for you guys that your next trip is only just around the corner

Old 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #774
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

The only time I beep going through security is when I've been "randomly" selected for extra screening, which is probably what happened to you too.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #775
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

That's fun you got to see Lia again! Nice of the cast member to let you go back! U guys got great seats on your final Disney ride of that trip! Glad u guys made it to the airport on time. I probably would have been worrying about making it on time like your mother was. Granted I also probably would have been the one to push one last ride in as well so in my case it would have been a self-imposed freak out. That's weird the security people did that test to you! That happened to me as well my last trip. It made me really nervous but I just accepted it and moved on as well. It was really weird for me 2 because I had never had any security issues before and of course the time it happened to me my mom and I had been pushing one more thing in as well and we were running late . Luckily we made out flight as well. Yay you had some Disney pizza to enjoy às well my mom and I tried that with sunshine seasons but our sandwich wasn't very good . Oh well guess I have to try that with some better food next time
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 04-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #776
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

Ah, sad that one trip is done, but so excited for the next one!!!

Also, glad you got to meet up with Lia one more time for Space! How fun!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 04-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #777
♫♥MickeyManda♥♫
Open up your heart and let the memories begin!

Yay another update! The inside of the Castle is gorgeous, I didn't know there was so much to see when you go to CRT- that's definitely on my to-do list

It's always sad leaving but being able to return in just 12 days must have been an incredible feeling. That doesn't leave toooo much time for the post disney depression to sink in

I would go most anywhere to feel like I belong.
"Disney will be there waiting for you no matter what." ♥

Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM   #778
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's slipper View Post
Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with all of us. I was thrilled when I logged on today and found your update.
You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoy them! I was going to post the update yesterday but the boards were down! Better late than never I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Yay Jess I was so excited to see you had updated!!

CRT is such a gorgeous restaurant, and I cannot believe that you guys got a reservation only that much ahead of time but what an awesome end to your trip.

Yay for the Space CM being understanding about the situation, and yay for disney pizza rather than airport food.

Have you finished finals yet Jess or are you still in the midst?

I'm so excited for you guys that your next trip is only just around the corner
Aww I'm so glad!

It really is! I was so happy that worked out!

I know, that was wonderful! And YUM Disney pizza is the best.

No I actually have two weeks of classes and then finals begin! We will be done on May 8th! (which is actually my birthday!)

AHH THANK YOU! 26 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
The only time I beep going through security is when I've been "randomly" selected for extra screening, which is probably what happened to you too.
Hmm I have no idea! I barely even remember it even happening now so I can't think of the reasoning. At least I got through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
That's fun you got to see Lia again! Nice of the cast member to let you go back! U guys got great seats on your final Disney ride of that trip! Glad u guys made it to the airport on time. I probably would have been worrying about making it on time like your mother was. Granted I also probably would have been the one to push one last ride in as well so in my case it would have been a self-imposed freak out. That's weird the security people did that test to you! That happened to me as well my last trip. It made me really nervous but I just accepted it and moved on as well. It was really weird for me 2 because I had never had any security issues before and of course the time it happened to me my mom and I had been pushing one more thing in as well and we were running late . Luckily we made out flight as well. Yay you had some Disney pizza to enjoy às well my mom and I tried that with sunshine seasons but our sandwich wasn't very good . Oh well guess I have to try that with some better food next time
Yeah it was a great way to end the trip!
Haha getting to the airport was very stressful and I'm glad you totally understand how we felt! LOL oh well.
I love my Disney pizza! That seems to be one of the only things that taste good to go. That and Earl of Sandwich sandwiches. Everything else gets gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Ah, sad that one trip is done, but so excited for the next one!!!

Also, glad you got to meet up with Lia one more time for Space! How fun!
Yes, the next one will be starting up soon!

Me too! It was a great way to end the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♫♥MickeyManda♥♫ View Post
Yay another update! The inside of the Castle is gorgeous, I didn't know there was so much to see when you go to CRT- that's definitely on my to-do list

It's always sad leaving but being able to return in just 12 days must have been an incredible feeling. That doesn't leave toooo much time for the post disney depression to sink in
Hooray! I'm glad you liked it. Yeah it is SO pretty! You'll have to go there soon!

Yeah that was basically the best feeling in the world! It made me even more excited for my next trip!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #779
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Yummy food! Wow! You're taking amazing pictures!! That's great you had time for one last ride on Space AND a Dis-Meet! What's great about this ending is that it's NOT THE END!!!!! I can't wait to hear about your next trip. I would love to know I only had 12 days till more Disney!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #780
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful lunch at CRT!!!! I totally can't wait to eat there in October.

I'm glad you got to see Lia again before you left. Sorry to see this trip end, but you always have another one on the horizon.

That is so smart to buy a Disney meal to take to the airport instead of eating airport food. I'll have to put that on my to-do list.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: