Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 08:45 PM   #2446
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Hi Jess,

I was lucky enough to find your TR by googling TIW not being able to be used on certain days! So here I was trying to find information out and then I got hit by you and could have cared less that I got an answer from google. I spend hours and hours and hours this weekend reading your TR.

Haha I love that you found me through a google search. I'm so glad that you were instantly hooked to the report! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I can't even express to you how much joy you've brought through your words - your photos - your love for your family and simply YOU. Your enthusiasm and love for life is beyond a gift.

Aww that really means a lot for me. I'm so glad that shows through my writing, because that's exactly how I feel!

I got all excited when I saw Tim Horton's early - thinking you're Canadian but then I put my brain on and realized you must be in or around Buffalo. Your father's sweatshirt kind of sealed that deal. But then I got an "Oh wow" with your grandmother. So yeah you're partially Canadian.

You are correct! And yeah my Grandma only moved to Canada after she got remarried... so I'm not technically Canadian by blood or anything.

I have a question that has probably been answered - I read through links only so missed a lot of interaction. BOO for me! Anyway, before I ask please know that I KNOW that your camera has NADA to do with your absolutely miraculous eye for photography. So it's simply curiosity because I KNOW it's not the camera. But what do you use - I'm curious.

I'm sure that my camera and my iPhoto have a bit to do with my picture quality. I have a Nikon D3100 which is a DSLR camera. It takes GORGEOUS pictures. I love photography though, too!

I'm not all caught up yet but was excited to see that you've been accepted. I'm there until January 5th - Drat I wanted to possibly thank you in person for this absolute gift of a TR.

Aww darn I'll miss you by a day since I'm going for New Year's! That's so sweet of you! Thank you so much.

You might think I'm a nut job - oh well - but I'm going through a lot with serious illness in my family and through tears I can not even express to you how LOVELY and HEALING your TR was for me. I'm sorry for being so deep on your TR. But oh well.

Haha I don't at all! Your comment made my day. Oh my goodness, I am SO happy I could help. I'm so happy that my trip report had that effect. That's incredible. I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope things start looking up!

All the best to you and your entire family,

Lisa

And by the way I have never ever had a manicure in my life but I'm actually thinking of doing my nails like yours for my upcoming trip. which at 45 cracks me up to no end.
Thank you so much!

Haha that would be awesome if you did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Jess, thank you so much for sticking with this and giving my life a little extra Disney joy. You are a doll and it is so fun to see everything through your (Disney lovin) eyes.
I just wish everyone loved Disney as much as you do (and me too).
And thank you for giving your readers a gold star. I am going to cherish mine!

You are so welcome! I was so excited to write this trip report and I am so glad that I had the opportunity to share it with all of you! Thank you for sticking with me all the way to the end. Thank you so much for your compliments!

I loved (in your trip update) when you said that if the yacht club was a person you would marry it. Made me laugh. More Disney joy from Jess the princess.
I loved this trip report so much that I might consider a serious relationship with it that could lead to marriage.
But wait. What if I love your next trip report even more! I better stay single so that I can keep my options open.
Actually I am married already but your trip reports are so good I forgot my status for a minute.

Bahahaha You crack me up. I'm glad you can understand my insanity.

I am off to read the new report.
Thank you so much for all the reports!!!
See you over there!
You're welcome!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #2447
CraftyMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
I got all excited when I saw Tim Horton's early - thinking you're Canadian but then I put my brain on and realized you must be in or around Buffalo.
Tim Horton's has migrated south of the border. They are all over Ohio. I live within a 5 minute drive to 2 of them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #2448
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Your TR takes on so much more meaning now because my husband and I are going to WDW this Christmas! Haha, I feel like I should reread from the beginning, but I'll just pick up from July where I left off (wow, that was a long time ago!).

Haha, wow, Tomorrowland Terrace was open?!? That's a TON of people! We're intrigued just so that we too can say we've eaten there. Same with Diamond Horseshoe! We especially want to see it because of the one room from VMK with the little mice scurrying in the upper left corner (I think I remember your saying you played VMK too?).

I'm paying more attention to what you're wearing in your pictures and the weather you posted too because I'm not sure what exactly to pack for this December. I'm thinking it's going to be frigid since I'm used to NYC weather, but it looks like it still has the potential to be warmer. I'm liking that!

Thanks for those reviews of The Wave. I'm thinking of stopping by there during December because a CM that we loved at Le Cellier now works there. I don't see it in reviews that often, so I enjoyed seeing yours.

Can you hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater? I don't want to put in the extra money for the tickets or deal with the massive crowds when sometimes I don't feel well (that's why we don't really schedule many ADR's or if we do, I like knowing we can cancel them). You described it so beautifully, but I don't think we'll go and actually watch the whole thing, but I'd like to see what it's all about by walking by!

Um, what now? 80 minutes for Maelstrom?!? That's insane! I wasn't thinking of planning out all the storytellers, but it really seems like the perfect thing to do despite all the crowds. Plus, it's the only time we'll be able to experience it so we might as well do as many Christmas things as possible! Does everyone just stand around the little stage?

Oh cool! I love Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade, so I'm thrilled to be able to see the Christmas version! I used to not like the music when it came on DIS Radio, but then it grew on me because of how unique it is. Once I actually saw the parade, I loved it even more!

I'm so amazed and the millions of times you went on Toy Story Mania!!! My husband and I didn't go on it at all during our honeymoon in May because we kept waking up too late (it was the one trip we didn't actually set alarms every day to get up). I am CRAVING it now so badly! Our plan is to try to hit as many EMH as possible during our Christmas trip to "make up" for our honeymoon (taking it easy and going with the flow during that trip was what we wanted/needed though).

Ahhh, I love your real life update! So awesome that you do not have a roommate and that you have lots of space to Disney up your college life!

Your New Year's Eve boat cruise sounded so MAGICAL. I think Sean totally made it with all those facts. I had to copy and paste some to message to my hubby. And how crazy is it that your dad was holding that huge tray of desserts! Yum!

My husband and I stood there by the Haunted Mansion statues for the longest time trying to figure them all out. We were examining the fronts and backs of them (like to see the bird seed), and others were just passing by probably wondering why we were so intent on them, haha. It was a lot of fun! I didn't notice the matches in the hair though!

Oh my gosh, the "tour" you had with Ryan must've been SO FUN. Haha, with all the knowledge you have from the tours you've experienced and your CM friends, YOU should give tours! Thanks for sharing all the info! I'm hoping I remember some so that I can look for things myself (ex. the HM leg from the chandelier!).

How THRILLING that you have your dream job of concierge at Disney! I can't wait to hear all the stories you have to share and all the Instagram photos you'll have, just like Leasha! I hope you have time to make some videos too so we can all feel like we're there right with ya!

This was an AWESOME TR! I hate that it's over, but I love how you stretch it out so that it overlaps with new TRs, haha. Thanks for all the Christmas advice! Like I said earlier, I think I'm going to have to go through your posts again to read those tips. I don't know ANYTHING about Christmas time other than the few things I remember from TRs because I figured I'd NEVER be there, so your "novel" really filled me with good-to-know info!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
Old 11-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #2449
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyMommy View Post
Tim Horton's has migrated south of the border. They are all over Ohio. I live within a 5 minute drive to 2 of them.
Haha I'm glad they're going to other places now! That's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Your TR takes on so much more meaning now because my husband and I are going to WDW this Christmas! Haha, I feel like I should reread from the beginning, but I'll just pick up from July where I left off (wow, that was a long time ago!).

Oh my goodness have an amazing time!! I hope you enjoy rereading!

Haha, wow, Tomorrowland Terrace was open?!? That's a TON of people! We're intrigued just so that we too can say we've eaten there. Same with Diamond Horseshoe! We especially want to see it because of the one room from VMK with the little mice scurrying in the upper left corner (I think I remember your saying you played VMK too?).

YEAH IT WAS! Awww I remember the Diamond Horseshoe room! Ahh so many memories.

I'm paying more attention to what you're wearing in your pictures and the weather you posted too because I'm not sure what exactly to pack for this December. I'm thinking it's going to be frigid since I'm used to NYC weather, but it looks like it still has the potential to be warmer. I'm liking that!

December in Orlando is hit or miss. At the beginning of my trip, I was wearing shorts and T-Shirts. During the middle I had jeans, a jacket, and boots on. Then by the end it was short sleeves again. You pretty much have to bring everything and layer because it's unpredictable.

Thanks for those reviews of The Wave. I'm thinking of stopping by there during December because a CM that we loved at Le Cellier now works there. I don't see it in reviews that often, so I enjoyed seeing yours.

You're welcome! I'm glad it could help!

Can you hear Candlelight Processional from outside the theater? I don't want to put in the extra money for the tickets or deal with the massive crowds when sometimes I don't feel well (that's why we don't really schedule many ADR's or if we do, I like knowing we can cancel them). You described it so beautifully, but I don't think we'll go and actually watch the whole thing, but I'd like to see what it's all about by walking by!

Yes you can! You can line up without the dining package (aka go for free) or you can just listen from the American Adventure pavilion. Either or!

Um, what now? 80 minutes for Maelstrom?!? That's insane! I wasn't thinking of planning out all the storytellers, but it really seems like the perfect thing to do despite all the crowds. Plus, it's the only time we'll be able to experience it so we might as well do as many Christmas things as possible! Does everyone just stand around the little stage?

I know, right!? You should at least try to go to some of them! They were very enjoyable! And yeah I actually sat on the ground around all of the little stages. It was so fun!

Oh cool! I love Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade, so I'm thrilled to be able to see the Christmas version! I used to not like the music when it came on DIS Radio, but then it grew on me because of how unique it is. Once I actually saw the parade, I loved it even more!

Me too! You'll really enjoy it!

I'm so amazed and the millions of times you went on Toy Story Mania!!! My husband and I didn't go on it at all during our honeymoon in May because we kept waking up too late (it was the one trip we didn't actually set alarms every day to get up). I am CRAVING it now so badly! Our plan is to try to hit as many EMH as possible during our Christmas trip to "make up" for our honeymoon (taking it easy and going with the flow during that trip was what we wanted/needed though).

Haha thank you, thank you. You better go on it a TON of times!!

Ahhh, I love your real life update! So awesome that you do not have a roommate and that you have lots of space to Disney up your college life!

Haha well I do now... but I didn't for the first month. It was nice!

Your New Year's Eve boat cruise sounded so MAGICAL. I think Sean totally made it with all those facts. I had to copy and paste some to message to my hubby. And how crazy is it that your dad was holding that huge tray of desserts! Yum!

It was INCREDIBLE. He really did, he was great! I hope your husband enjoys the info! And YUM those desserts were amazing.

My husband and I stood there by the Haunted Mansion statues for the longest time trying to figure them all out. We were examining the fronts and backs of them (like to see the bird seed), and others were just passing by probably wondering why we were so intent on them, haha. It was a lot of fun! I didn't notice the matches in the hair though!

Haha they are just so cool!

Oh my gosh, the "tour" you had with Ryan must've been SO FUN. Haha, with all the knowledge you have from the tours you've experienced and your CM friends, YOU should give tours! Thanks for sharing all the info! I'm hoping I remember some so that I can look for things myself (ex. the HM leg from the chandelier!).

I LOVED that night. I learned so much!! Someday I hope I can be a VIP Disney tour guide. Maybe it'll happen! You're so welcome!

How THRILLING that you have your dream job of concierge at Disney! I can't wait to hear all the stories you have to share and all the Instagram photos you'll have, just like Leasha! I hope you have time to make some videos too so we can all feel like we're there right with ya!

I am SO excited!! I can't wait to share either. It's going to so much fun!

This was an AWESOME TR! I hate that it's over, but I love how you stretch it out so that it overlaps with new TRs, haha. Thanks for all the Christmas advice! Like I said earlier, I think I'm going to have to go through your posts again to read those tips. I don't know ANYTHING about Christmas time other than the few things I remember from TRs because I figured I'd NEVER be there, so your "novel" really filled me with good-to-know info!
Thank you so much! You're very welcome! All of the tips are in like... the 2nd or 3rd post of this trip report! I hope that they help a lot!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:21 AM   #2450
RapunzelIsMyFav
Mouseketeer

Wow thanks!!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #2451
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YAY this was such an amazing TR! I'd be sad that it's over but I mean... it's not like you don't have like 60 other TRs going. So, no one's mad. Aww, I miss Christmas though! I want to go back in December SO BAD. I mean, we've talked about this it bears repeating!! I was so sad walking around Streets of America, seeing all the lights up and ready to go and knowing I wouldn't get to see them!

I seriously can't get a Chef Mickey's ADR for my life anymore. We ate there on the morning of my 16th birthday and it was beyond magical! I can't wait to go back.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #2452
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapunzelIsMyFav View Post
Wow thanks!!
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAY this was such an amazing TR! I'd be sad that it's over but I mean... it's not like you don't have like 60 other TRs going. So, no one's mad. Aww, I miss Christmas though! I want to go back in December SO BAD. I mean, we've talked about this it bears repeating!! I was so sad walking around Streets of America, seeing all the lights up and ready to go and knowing I wouldn't get to see them!

I seriously can't get a Chef Mickey's ADR for my life anymore. We ate there on the morning of my 16th birthday and it was beyond magical! I can't wait to go back.
Hahaha but really. I gotta get all TR things finished before my DCP! That's the goal!

I know, so do I! Someday we will for sure I just LOVE the Osborne lights! OH MY GOD I just remembered that they should be up when I go for NYE! THANK GOD. Thanks for reminding me!

Aww really!? Hopefully you can get another one soon!! They have the most AMAZING mac and cheese for dinner. And for breakfast it's pretty fantastic all the way around, obviously!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #2453
havingadisneyday
Are we there yet?

So back in March I went searching for "December in Disney" when we were in the throes of trip planning. This TR popped up in the list and we were hooked. It was the first one I read, continued to read (and also your others -- you are such an enthusiastic, contagious writer, a talent you shouldn't ever abandon). Altho we have been to Disney many times, sadly I had never even heard of the DIS. Even SADDER we had never even THOUGHT of food at Disney... usually staying off site (except for one trip to Shades of Green)... and usually just eating counter service or whatever "picnic" supplies brought along on our trip. Oh, but now... BUT NOW our nine days are going to be filled with pound-packing CUPCAKES and school bread and Ohana and CUPCAKES and Via Napoli and little mermaid room and CUPCAKES and Wilderness Lodge and ... did I mention CUPCAKES (is that a problem?), and Crystal Palace (POOHBY!), and OH MY GOODNESS those delectable looking cinnamon rolls (droooool) at Main Street Bakery? I will bowl people over if they're in my way as I rush there first thing. Thanks a lot, princess (not really said in a sarcastic way, lol). Anyway, you have set us on a whole new path of enjoying Disney and for that, we all thank you. You, no doubt, make the perfect concierge!!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #2454
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingadisneyday View Post
So back in March I went searching for "December in Disney" when we were in the throes of trip planning. This TR popped up in the list and we were hooked. It was the first one I read, continued to read (and also your others -- you are such an enthusiastic, contagious writer, a talent you shouldn't ever abandon). Altho we have been to Disney many times, sadly I had never even heard of the DIS. Even SADDER we had never even THOUGHT of food at Disney... usually staying off site (except for one trip to Shades of Green)... and usually just eating counter service or whatever "picnic" supplies brought along on our trip. Oh, but now... BUT NOW our nine days are going to be filled with pound-packing CUPCAKES and school bread and Ohana and CUPCAKES and Via Napoli and little mermaid room and CUPCAKES and Wilderness Lodge and ... did I mention CUPCAKES (is that a problem?), and Crystal Palace (POOHBY!), and OH MY GOODNESS those delectable looking cinnamon rolls (droooool) at Main Street Bakery? I will bowl people over if they're in my way as I rush there first thing. Thanks a lot, princess (not really said in a sarcastic way, lol). Anyway, you have set us on a whole new path of enjoying Disney and for that, we all thank you. You, no doubt, make the perfect concierge!!
I'm so glad you found this trip report! And aww you are so sweet. I will continue to write because I love sharing with you all!

I am SO glad that I introduced you to the joys of Disney food. Don't even feel guilty - calories don't count in Disney Eat all the cupcakes you want! DISNEY FOOD IS THE GREATEST!

You're very welcome! Thank you so, so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the report!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #2455
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs
Old 11-21-2012, 10:07 AM   #2456
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Okay, so i'm halfway through your second Christmas TR and just gotta say I love your writing style!!

You're so goofy and funny and remind me so much of me!

I'm headed to the World in December with a plethora of firsts: First time visiting the World during Christmas, first time taking my mom, first time going as DVC owners ( woot woot!), and the first time being parents in WDW! Nervous but super stoked for this trip! And your tips definitely helped so thank you!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 11-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #2457
BethanyF
Id rather be 'stuck' at SSR
This just happened at the right time
I got in with no problem

Since I am done with planning and it's too early to pack, I have been obsessively reading trip reports to pass time. I am so glad I found this one since we are going 12/21-12/29 (with a Xmas break in the middle to stay with extended family). I loved seeing that even though it got crowded, you still managed to do so much and have an amazing time. I will be taking lots of tips from this TR to heart when we get there next month.

And, congrats on becoming a CP. As a former (and hopefully again soon) CM, you will love working for Disney. It truly is an amazing company to work for.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #2458
Purpleblanket
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethanyF View Post
Since I am done with planning and it's too early to pack, I have been obsessively reading trip reports to pass time. I am so glad I found this one since we are going 12/21-12/29 (with a Xmas break in the middle to stay with extended family). I loved seeing that even though it got crowded, you still managed to do so much and have an amazing time. I will be taking lots of tips from this TR to heart when we get there next month.

And, congrats on becoming a CP. As a former (and hopefully again soon) CM, you will love working for Disney. It truly is an amazing company to work for.
So jealous that you will be at Disney at Xmas. We were there for new years eve
2010/11. Have you checked out ridemax.com? It costs a little bit of money, but so worth it ... you enter the information for each day of what park you want to go to and what time you plan to arrive and it makes you an itinerary. It worked perfectly for us. We never waited in line for any rides during Dec. 26 - Jan. 1st. Plus it will give you more to plan while you're anxiously awaiting your trip!! Have a great time!! You can find my TR from that time at Lace Up Your Sneakers if you think you can keep up"

Sorry to hi jack your thread Disney Freak... but couldn't help responding! lol

Debbie
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #2459
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

I'm loving all of your trip reports. Great detail and pictures. Thanks for taking the time to write and post them.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM   #2460
Disneynut4ever
DIS Veteran

RideMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleblanket View Post
Have you checked out ridemax.com? It costs a little bit of money, but so worth it ... you enter the information for each day of what park you want to go to and what time you plan to arrive and it makes you an itinerary. It worked perfectly for us. We never waited in line for any rides during Dec. 26 - Jan. 1st. Plus it will give you more to plan while you're anxiously awaiting your trip!! Debbie
I decided to take everyone's advice and purchase RideMax. Now that I have, it is giving me the installation instructions, but before I do, I have a question. If I install it on my computer at work, can I also install it on my Mac at home? Or am I only able to install it on one computer, one time?
*Caribbean Beach * All Star Movies * Dixie Landings * Port Orleans Riverside * Animal Kingdom Lodge * Disney Cruise - Wonder * Beach Club * Port Orleans French Quarter * Polynesian * Port Orleans Riverside * All Star Music * Coronado Springs

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: