Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #2371
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I was so happy to see your "tweet" about getting accepted into DCP! Only knowing you through your TR, I am confident you will be amazing in your role. You have so much Disney knowledge and such a passion for Disney that really comes through.

BTW, I loved your MNSSHP costume
Aww thank you! You're so sweet I cannot wait to be able to go and use my knowledge to its fullest potential and help guests have the best vacations they can possibly have!

Thank you so much!!! I loved it too!
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #2372
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Forgive my boring font and lack of smileys in this comment, but I'm typing it from my phone. I just spent the last hour and a half finally catching up on your wonderful TR! I won't overwhelm you with my ridiculously long response, so I'll stick to your two most recent updates.

First and foremost, I know I already freaked out on Twitter, but seriously CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are so perfect for this job, and the DCP is lucky to have you. Seriously, they need to make a reality show about your life, because it's 10,000 times more interesting than most TV I watch!! I am right there with you counting down the days until January 21st! Oh, and until March 2, when I'll be back in Disney and I can see my favorite CM!!!!

Also, thank you so much for all the kind things you had to say about me and John. Meeting you and your wonderful mother was seriously one of the best Disney moments we've ever had, and we still talk about you all the time!! It was so wonderful getting to talk and discuss our shared passion! You have given us so many wonderful pointers for our trips and your advice always makes them that much more magical!! You truly are a great concierge at heart!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #2373
JolllyHoliday
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to add my congratulations on getting accepted to the DCP!!! You have such a love for Disney. You will make a great CM!!! Can't wait to read about all your new advetures.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:58 PM   #2374
hollisterluva92
DIS Veteran

I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm officially in Costuming for Spring Advantage 2013!!! What are your dates? Mine are Jan 7th-Aug 2nd!

2014--August--MOVING TO FLORIDA FOR GOOD!!
2014--May--Best Friend Trip! All Star Sports
2013-DCP Spring--Entertainment Costuming/Character Performer
2010-Port Orleans Riverside (Mother/Daughter Graduation Trip) (Age 17)
2008-Saratoga Springs (Grandparents & Grandkids) (Age 15)
2007-All Star Music (High School Band Trip) (Age 14)
2004-Animal Kingdom Lodge (Age 11)
1998-Grand Floridian (Age 6 and Brother 6 months)
1997-Grand Floridian (Age 5)
1996-Grand Floridian (Age 4)
1995-Grand Floridian (Age 3)
Old 10-15-2012, 11:42 PM   #2375
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Forgive my boring font and lack of smileys in this comment, but I'm typing it from my phone. I just spent the last hour and a half finally catching up on your wonderful TR! I won't overwhelm you with my ridiculously long response, so I'll stick to your two most recent updates.

First and foremost, I know I already freaked out on Twitter, but seriously CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You are so perfect for this job, and the DCP is lucky to have you. Seriously, they need to make a reality show about your life, because it's 10,000 times more interesting than most TV I watch!! I am right there with you counting down the days until January 21st! Oh, and until March 2, when I'll be back in Disney and I can see my favorite CM!!!!

Also, thank you so much for all the kind things you had to say about me and John. Meeting you and your wonderful mother was seriously one of the best Disney moments we've ever had, and we still talk about you all the time!! It was so wonderful getting to talk and discuss our shared passion! You have given us so many wonderful pointers for our trips and your advice always makes them that much more magical!! You truly are a great concierge at heart!
Haha it's so great to have you back, Joni!

Aww thank you so much! I still am absolutely THRILLED and I don't think that feeling is going to go away! I'm so glad I have the opportunity to help guests out actually IN the resorts. I feel like I have been doing that indirectly through my trip reports... so now I get to do it for an actual job! Hahaha aww you're too sweet! A TV show about the DCP should seriously exist. That would be awesome. Maybe I'll do some video documentaries throughout my journey. And AHHH I can't wait to see you that week! I actually think Preston is coming down that week too so maybe you'll get to meet him!!!

Aww you are so welcome! I loved meeting both of you, too! You're SO sweet! That's absolutely adorable... I'm glad you guys enjoyed meeting us so much! We felt the same way! I'm glad that my advice has helped you out, and aww thank you so much That means a lot to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolllyHoliday View Post
Just wanted to add my congratulations on getting accepted to the DCP!!! You have such a love for Disney. You will make a great CM!!! Can't wait to read about all your new advetures.
Thank you so much! I really do, and I'm glad you guys can tell. Aww thanks! I'm so excited for this journey - it will be the adventure of a lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollisterluva92 View Post
I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm officially in Costuming for Spring Advantage 2013!!! What are your dates? Mine are Jan 7th-Aug 2nd!
Congratulations!! That's very exciting! I am going down there on January 22nd!
Old 10-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #2376
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Hello DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM CAST MEMBER!!!!

I saw the below post in a wdwmagic forum and thought it was interesting.

The post was in response to a question about what "might" be announced at the "What's Next" presentation for media on December 7.

"My guess is that it will be something having to do with NextGen. We were just given word that some new things will be popping up on the Disney front desk system screens on our end in conjunction with the NextGen initiative as well as that additional training will be taking place within the coming months. On top of that I know in the hotel world a whole bunch of CONCIERGE and front desk positions have opened up for hiring and these we are being told have to do with NextGen and the need for more man power. I don't have specifics on anything (and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed to share) but that is what I'm assuming this is all about. Rumor has it that the real NextGen stuff is going to start happening at the start of 2013."
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #2377
nfggirl5454
Mouseketeer

Congrats on getting into the college program! You'll be a great CM, they would've been crazy not to accept you considering how much you love Disney!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #2378
ShellieB
Mouseketeer

Congrats!

Congratulations on the DCP!! I have been a lurker on your trip reports for the past year, and love your updates! You will be fantastic in your new role! We were there a few weeks ago and the concierge in the evening was doing the DCP. She was pretty clueless about Disney everytime I was up there, so you will be a blessing! I helped more people in line than she did I hope you start a blog while you are there . . I would love to follow!! I was accepted to the DCP back in 1998 (sorry to age myself) but never went. I will live vicariously through your report on it
Old 10-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #2379
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Jess - I am so super excited for you! Congratulations on your dreams coming true! It's like the magical moment when the glass slipper actually fits!!

I look forward to seeing which hotel you will call "home"
Old 10-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #2380
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your dream job. Sorry so late I tend to be a lurker since I can't keep up.

Last edited by kaileighbug; 10-18-2012 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #2381
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Congrats!

Congrats Jess! You got the job of your dreams!!!! I hope to see you when I head up there in January. :-) I will be there from the 12-16. I know you are going to have a great time You really do deserve the DCP so I am very happy for you. I can't wait to hear all about it and how much fun you are having. <3 *SEE YOU REAL SOON*
Old 10-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #2382
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Real Life Update #4: ACCEPTED!
October 13th, 2012

Alright everyone, I have a very big announcement to make!

Although most of you already know this.....

I GOT ACCEPTED FOR THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM FOR SPRING ADVANTAGE 2013!

(Advantage means I stay through the summer! So I'll be there from January through August!)

And what role did I get??

CONCIERGE!

That was one of my top two, so that means...

I'M MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

I literally can't believe that I'm working CONCIERGE at the WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT before the age of 20. I'm going after my dreams and I am so ecstatic that they are coming true!

I found out that I was accepted on October 8th. It was the morning I was leaving Disney at 10 o'clock am. We were driving to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and going under the Magic Kingdom signs when I got my email. It LITERALLY felt like a movie. It couldn't have been more perfect. God clearly had a say in that one.

I opened the email and I screamed! I cried and just couldn't believe it was actually real.

Guys, I have my DREAM JOB at Disney. I literally CANNOT believe it. I have been preparing for this role since the day I was born. I am absolutely beyond thrilled.

I'm waiting to get everything approved by my advisors at school before I can officially "accept" the offer, but it has to be done before Thursday! So soon I will know what day I am officially moving to Disney World!

I don't find out what resort I am working at until I get there (or potentially a few weeks before) so we're in a whole new waiting game! Fingers crossed I get placed at a Magic Kingdom or Epcot resort!!

And on top of that, my friend Mark got accepted to the DCP yesterday and he's going with me! He got accepted for Costuming but is going to an audition this weekend. Fingers crossed for him! We are both SO EXCITED and can't stop talking about it!!

So... pretty much this is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. LITERALLY my dream is coming true. I can't wait to begin the adventure of a lifetime. It's exactly what I need right now... I know it's going to be life changing and it's going to just help me figure out what I really want to do. I can't wait to begin my journey!

Thank you all for the prayers and pixie dust - they really paid off! Now in return, I will have to pay you back my sharing all of my stories from LIVING IN DISNEY WORLD. Sounds like a pretty good deal, right?

As far as the trip reports go... I have about 2 more updates to do for this one and 6 more to go for HHI. Once I finish up the Christmas trip, I'm hoping to post the new report for October! It was THE MOST incredible vacation EVER. We just kept having magical moment after magical moment. Everything that could have gone right actually did! I can't wait to share everything with you all!

Once again, thank you so much for following along! I hope you continue to enjoy the trip reports, the life updates, and then eventually my experience with the DCP! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!

Continued in Next Post
Congratulations! That is great this experience is one of the best things that has happened to me! I am here as a photopass photographer. I am hoping to extend into concierge for the spring semester. I am so excited for you and I knew it would all work out for you
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 10-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #2383
cadek
Please stand clear of the doors

Congratulations! Truly a dream come true! I just started reading your report, as I'm going to WDW in December. You do a great, entertaining report! I love your pictures too. They look amazing. I'm new to the DSLR world, so I have to ask what lens you use. I've been considering a zoom lens.

I've always thought it would be neat to work at Disney. Good for you for following your dreams.

December 2012 - AoA, July 2011 - CBR, January 2011 - Poly, January 2010 - Poly, January 2009 - Poly, February 2008 - Poly, September 1998 - All Star Sports
DS (10), DS (7)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #2384
EpcotIsMyFave
Mouseketeer

Hi Jess! I think I have commented in one of your other TR's before, but not this one. I've been a lurker for too long! Congrats on the CP! I'm so excited for you! It looks like you are going there on January 22 - so are we! We (finally) decided to book our vacation for Pop Jan 22-30. Maybe we'll see you there, although I'm sure you'll be very busy that first week!

Your TR's are so detailed and brilliantly written, I think Disney should hire you as a permanent travel writer. You could be the new Stacy!

Pop Jan 2013
Caribbean Beach 2010
Port Orleans Riverside 2009, Pop 2008,
All-Star Movies 2007, Pop 2005, All-Star Music 2003
Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #2385
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

so what are the plans for you DLR trip?? Still going?? I can only see one of your tickers so I was just wondering

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: