Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 PM   #2326
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalPrincess View Post
CONGRATS JESS!!! What wonderful news!!! I am so happy that you got the role you wanted and that your dreams are coming true!! I did an advanced CP (do they even call them that anymore) right after I graduated and it was wonderful! The job wasn't that great (oh well) but I met my husband, loved living at WDW and then spent the next 2 years there. It definetly will be a life changing experience for you!
YAYAYAYAY!!!! Eeeeee!!!!! Woot!!!!
Thank you so much! I am absolutely thrilled! They call it "advantage" now, if you stay a semester plus a summer. I don't know what advanced referred to. What job did you work, again? I feel like I asked you that before. That's awesome that you had such a wonderful experience! I think it definitely will be incredible! I am so excited! Thank you so much!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 AM   #2327
LumosQ102
How many days left on the countdown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Real Life Update #4: ACCEPTED!
October 13th, 2012

Alright everyone, I have a very big announcement to make!

Although most of you already know this.....

I GOT ACCEPTED FOR THE DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM FOR SPRING ADVANTAGE 2013!

(Advantage means I stay through the summer! So I'll be there from January through August!)

And what role did I get??

CONCIERGE!

That was one of my top two, so that means...

I'M MOVING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!

Continued in Next Post
Congratulations

With the passion you have for all things Disney it would have been criminal if you didn't get in. And in Concierge too - you'll be perfect. Your trip reports have been so educational (and enjoyable of course ) to those of us who can't go so often, and with those resources to be available to guests at Disney, I can't think that anyone would be more suited. Who knows, maybe we will need to call on your services whilst we're there in February.

I hope you have a wonderful time.
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #2328
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

Congratulations!!! You're going to be a Great CM!!!
Are you going to start a blog so we can all read about your college program experience? It's like one big trip report.
Looking forward to your October trip report too!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:48 AM   #2329
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

It's too bad that this trip report is almost over.
Old 10-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #2330
PartOfYourWDWorld
Mouseketeer

Congratulations, Jess!! So happy for you and looking forward to hearing all about your DCP experiences. I'm also sad this report is almost over, but it has made me super excited for our trip next month, so thank you!!

July 2010 - WLV : August 2011 - BLT Nov/Dec 2012 - AoA Oct 2013 - WLV
Old 10-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #2331
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Jess -
I am so VERY excited for you. If anyone deserves to work at Disney it would be you. Your passion and enthusiasm is apparent. I can't wait to hear all the new memories and stories that will happen next year. 2013 will be a great year for you. How awesome would it be to make magical moments happen for other guests now? Looking forward to your October report.

Allison

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 10-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #2332
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
(I said it on instagram but this is much better )
This is such an amazing opportunity and it's wonderful that your dream has come true! You're going to do a wonderful job and I can't wait to read all about it! I will be there in May, maybe we will see each other :

I'm sad the report is almost over but I have to say this has been one amazing trip report! Some much fun, beautiful photos and awesome Disney facts! Thank you for letting us all in on it! :

Old 10-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #2333
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Congrats on the DCP! That is so awesome! I knew that they would choose you, and obviously they KNEW that they were getting a real resource because they said yes so quickly to you! AHH I'm so happy for you!

Old 10-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #2334
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

First of all, even though I already said it on Twitter, CONGRATULATIONS!! You are going to have an amazing time, I just know it!

That park map thing is brilliant! I mean, who else would think of something so awesome as to coat the maps with a plastic that helps you remove gum? Only Disney!

Last nights are so sad! But I can't wait to read about how your October trip went!

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 10-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #2335
catchmeifyoucan
Earning My Ears

Wow, Jess! That is soooo fantastic that you got concierge, congratulations!!!!! When do you find out what resort you will be at? That really is a dream come true, and you deserve it!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #2336
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Great update!

Congrats on getting onto the DCP!!! So excited to hear about it!!

I also found out yesterday that I got to the final interview for the Summer International College Program!!! :D I'm going to Disney headquarters in London on the 26th Ocotber to have an interview with Disney representatives Im so excited!!!!
2013 June 10th - August 16th Walt Disney World Cast Member!! Quick Service Food and Beverage at Blizzard Beach!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #2337
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Ahhhhh this is just the greatest thing. Ever. We have already talked about it so much so I will just move onto your update but basically I just have to ask, when you are CEO of Disney World, can I live at the Poly? Hula Timon too? We thank you in advance.

There is a SUBWAY under the Magic Kingdom???? LOL. Oh my God. Why would you eat at Subway when there are so many delicious things at the MK to eat? Really now.

YAY, you got to meet up with Joni! I swear it's so true... I was lost before the DIS. I mean, I knew tons about WDW from my trips and books, but I didn't know that much about the resorts or the restaurants and I had NO Disney World obsessed friends!

AHH your food of the day. I can't believe I will be eating Le Cellier food in 8 days!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #2338
katt789
DIS Veteran

That's sounds like a pretty amazing last night!! So many tidbits of information about Disney! I'm glad to know there's a subway down there haha, I knew there was a "mousketeria" but wasn't sure how much healthy stuff there'd be, and subway counts as healthy, right? Lawl.

I love that cinderella jumper! Super cute!!

Joni seems awesome! I know I've read (at least some) of her TR, glad you guys got to finally meet, disboards are great for that, so is tumblr. I'm definitely one of those people who sometimes likes my internet friends better bahaha!

Again, congrats on the DCP! I'm super excited for ya, and I'll definitely be seeing you in Jan, and maybe Feb/March! Who knows, maybe I'll hear good things and end up being there for a year too!!

Will you do a TR for your time down there/the highlights of it?

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 10-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #2339
MsFrazzledFro
An Adorable Fluffball

Whoooooo, congratulations! Concierge is supposedly a really difficult role to get too, which makes it doubly exciting!

I'm doing Spring Advantage too, and I'm so utterly excited. It's making it hard to focus on classes!

There was once a girl who worked for a Mouse... (a College Program TR of sorts)

"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the
world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality." -Walt Disney
Old 10-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #2340
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on being accepted into the DCP and working in Concierge. You're going to be great and it's going to be amazing experience for you to gain.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: