Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #2206
fnrsgrl
Mouseketeer

I hope you get one of the positions you want. It would be incredible to get to be a Fairy-Godmother-in-Training!

2002- Yacht Club and All-Star Music; 2007 AKL and All-star Movies/DCL; 2008- All-Star Movies; Feb. 2010- POR; 2012- POR/DCL; 2013- POR
Me & DH, Bond, KP, Carbon and Sprinkles
Please check out my first PTR, Sea Ya Real Soon: A Dreamy Pre-Trip Report, my NEW PTR, There's No Place Like Your Second Home for the Holidays--A Very Merry Christmas-y PTR And my first TR, A Veritable Explosion of Pixie Dust
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #2207
merbobear
DIS Veteran

HM 'code' for the books is here: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/0...ractive-queue/

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #2208
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Wow! Wishing you the best with your interview!!! I want to do the DCP so badly for my child development major, but every time I try to research it, it seems so overwhelming! Also, how do I know if my school will accept it as an internship? But anyway, good luck with yours! I would love to hear about your experience!

I love your tour! That is so awesome! I love learning about the little details! It's what makes WDW so fascinating! I can never stop learning about it, and that is just so cool!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #2209
ditsypixie
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your DCP interview! I bet you would be AMAZING as a cast member and I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #2210
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
not sure the haunted mansion has the best "message" either...
Hahaha true, true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog1134 View Post
Good luck with the interview.

Mr. Toad never had anything to do with drinking. Toad loved driving and traded the deed to his house for a car. Unfortunately, he was neither a good nor safe driver. The ride was meant to demonstrate his love of speed and lack of driving skills.
Thank you so much!

I have never been on the ride, so I am only going by what Ryan told me. I'm sure I'll see the truth when I go to ride it in Disneyland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymad1993 View Post
Congrats and good luck on the DCP phone interview! I've actually applied for the International College Program, it's like the DCP but it is only for the summer (June - August) and you don't have to take classes. I'm actually going to be finding out next Monday if I've made it to the first round of interviews!! So Im waiting for that
Loved the update and all the trivia
Thank you so much! I can't WAIT! I'm already preparing for my phone interview like crazy!
Ahh did you really!? If you end up getting it, let me know so we can meet up in WDW over the summer!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I know sports are important (to some people, not me!) and all, but I fail to understand the logic of sports game on tv > Walt Disney World, especially when it's your last night there! Boys...

Hooray for your sweatshirt for your Nana!

Ooooh! I've neve noticed the Davy Jones key in the gift shop! I'll have to look for it next time!

That's so sad about Grad Nights, but I completely understand why they would stop having them if the grads were being so destructive! I can't even imagine my high school class behaving that badly.

All of that info about the Haunted Mansion is amazing!

I finally saw that picture of Owl and Mr. Toad on my last trip! I tried to get a picture of it, but no luck. Thank goodness for Google!

I remember hearing about the monorail crash, but I didn't know that's how monorail teal came about!

Ahh, Tronorail. My second favorite monorail, next to Avengerail, of course.
Hahaha sports or disney... you would think the answer would be obvious LOL to each his own, I suppose.

I know, I was shocked at the fact that people would abuse Disney like that. It's not like it's some crappy amusement park! It's really disgusting how some people act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
WOW!! What an incredible update!

Your pictures of the sunset are amazing! I can't wait to see some for myself!

And what an awesome amount of fun facts!! I knew a few from a Secrets of Disney World book I bought a few years ago. But things are always changing and new secrets emerge, eh?

I'm so bummed your trip is coming to an end but super excited you get to head back in a few days! And I'm going to type up some notes from your TR for our trip in December. Granted I won't be able to do everything you guys did, but I'm going to try and squeeze in a few things!

And good luck on your phone interview! I know you'll do great!!
Thank you!
I'm glad you liked them!
Haha yes, Disney is always coming up with new stuff and new secrets! I feel like we will never know them all!
Yes, I am so excited too! You definitely should - I hope this TR was a good resource for you! Now you'll know your options so you can prioritize!
Thank you so much! I hope it all goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I know I already said it on twitter, but CONGRATS on the CP interviews! I'm sending lots of hopes & pixie dust your way! Do you think you'll do another audition while you're down there for it? You never know haha!! You'll have to keep us posted, maybe I'll see ya down there on my next trip!

What a great night at MK (so far) I absolutely love learning stuff about Disney like that! One of the cm's from AoA this past trip started telling us a bunch of tidbits like that, did you know there are 5 hidden Jack Skellington & 1 hidden Sally on HM as well as all the Mickeys? I managed to see the Mickey head in the plates this last trip! Remembered to look at the last minute!
Ahh thank you so much! I seriously can't even wait! I am going to audition before for the program but I'm not really expecting to get it. As much as I would love to be in the entertainment section of Disney, I really have lately been wanting to shift my focus to the communications side in the future... hoping for a guest relations role on my future professional intership. So if I never get to do entertainment, I will accept that. But there's no harm in trying!

And ABSOLUTELY if you're going to be there while I'm in the world, please let me know!!

So do I! Ahh are there really? That's so cool - I need to be on the lookout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyshakeygirl View Post
You're going to do absolutely brilliantly on the phone interview! I honestly think you and Disney are meant to be. You're a huge Disney fan, you basically know everything about Disney like the back of your hand and I think it'd be the perfect place for you to work.
Aww thank you so much! This post meant a lot to me I hope it goes well! Thank you all for believing in me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
Yeah. No one appreciates the arts anymore.
Well some of us do

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
Awesome update! That was lots of fun and interesting info, thanks for sharing. Good luck on your phone interview! Will you be able to share details with us afterwards?
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much! And yes, I will keep you all updated on what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Hi!

I just "stumbled" into your thread from a link in a post in a thread on the TPAS board.

WOW!You are an AMAZING WDW fan!

People who don't "get" WDW are so BORING!LOL

I am an "early December WDW Guest" every year(LOVE being there for Walt's Birthday and the ESPN College Football Awards Show!).

Best of luck on the CP!!!!

I LOVE CPs and ICPs-they are always wonderful CMs and interesting to talk to and bring so much "energy" to the Parks-WDW would not be the same without them!

Just wanted to compliment you on your amazing thread!
Ahh I'm glad I posted my TR link there! I was hoping someone would find it helpful!
Aww thank you so much for that compliment!
Haha I agree!
Early December is an AWESOME time of year to go! You're lucky that you're able to!
Thank you! I hope I get in and it all works out!
They really are! I always make an effort to talk to as many as I can.
Thank you, thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stvisit0909 View Post
Loooove this! We are going at Christmas this year an I can not wait! You report made me soooooo happy!
Thank you! I'm SO glad that you found it helpful and that it made you happy! I'm glad you found me here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Great update Jess. Your pictures of the Grand Floridian are beautiful! I really enjoyed reading all the trivia. But, I think the one about the guy dying in HM is an urban legend. I've read about all the deaths in DL and WDW (morbid, I know) and that is not included. Good luck on your interview. You are going to do so well!! -Amanda
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed them! Yeah, I believe Ryan told me it was an urban legend haha. I forgot to add that in there. Thank you so much! I really hope it goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnrsgrl View Post
I hope you get one of the positions you want. It would be incredible to get to be a Fairy-Godmother-in-Training!
I think I would literally cry if I got that position. It would be INCREDIBLE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Wow! Wishing you the best with your interview!!! I want to do the DCP so badly for my child development major, but every time I try to research it, it seems so overwhelming! Also, how do I know if my school will accept it as an internship? But anyway, good luck with yours! I would love to hear about your experience!

I love your tour! That is so awesome! I love learning about the little details! It's what makes WDW so fascinating! I can never stop learning about it, and that is just so cool!
Thank you so much! Oh my gosh, don't feel overwhelmed! It's really not as hard as it seems Applying for the program which really isn't that bad. Then just talk about it with your advisors! If you have a campus presentation, that's the best way to get information! And of course, I am always here to help if you need any advice!

It really was awesome! I love learning that stuff too! I agree! And when you do the DCP, you learn even more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditsypixie View Post
Congrats on your DCP interview! I bet you would be AMAZING as a cast member and I can't wait to hear all about it! Good luck!!!!!!
Thank you so much! I am SO excited... I hope my dream comes true! We will see! Thank you!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #2211
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I'm SO HAPPY for you with this whole College Program thing. So many good things have happened in my life when I just decided to let go and GO for something, as opposed to waiting and overthinking it, so I definitely think this was the right decision for you and I just know it's going to work out!

WOW! Your pictures never cease to amaze me. What it must have been like to have that view! I just posted a couple of them on my Tumblr, hope you don't mind!

OMG I've always loved the detail of the hair on the pirate's leg. Of course it's real, this is Disney, why didn't that occur to me before?! haha. I'm so jealous of your personal Cast Member lead tour of the Magic Kingdom! I have to remember about that Hidden Mickey in the cat's shadow. I love shadow Hidden Mickeys!!!

I really want to say "I am feeling rebellious" the next time I go on Star Tours, that is too awesome.

I knew a lot of this stuff but I totally did not know about the bridge that is supposed to be the Mississippi River. WHY IS DISNEY SO PERFECT.

I can't believe how disrespectful some young people can be. I was never like that, I really don't get the need to cause trouble. Especially at a place as pristine as Walt Disney World! Ugh. Morons.

OMG OMG OMG @ the hanged guy from the Haunted Mansion being in a bunch of other places. I have to look for that. And the voices at the end of the stretching room!You are blowing my mind right now. I am so happy. hahahahahkjdshflakjsdhf. I thought I knew so much about the Haunted Mansion, obviously not enough. God Bless You for writing all of this down.

Aaaand you just texted me. Of course. hahahaha.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #2212
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I'm SO HAPPY for you with this whole College Program thing. So many good things have happened in my life when I just decided to let go and GO for something, as opposed to waiting and overthinking it, so I definitely think this was the right decision for you and I just know it's going to work out!

WOW! Your pictures never cease to amaze me. What it must have been like to have that view! I just posted a couple of them on my Tumblr, hope you don't mind!

OMG I've always loved the detail of the hair on the pirate's leg. Of course it's real, this is Disney, why didn't that occur to me before?! haha. I'm so jealous of your personal Cast Member lead tour of the Magic Kingdom! I have to remember about that Hidden Mickey in the cat's shadow. I love shadow Hidden Mickeys!!!

I really want to say "I am feeling rebellious" the next time I go on Star Tours, that is too awesome.

I knew a lot of this stuff but I totally did not know about the bridge that is supposed to be the Mississippi River. WHY IS DISNEY SO PERFECT.

I can't believe how disrespectful some young people can be. I was never like that, I really don't get the need to cause trouble. Especially at a place as pristine as Walt Disney World! Ugh. Morons.

OMG OMG OMG @ the hanged guy from the Haunted Mansion being in a bunch of other places. I have to look for that. And the voices at the end of the stretching room!You are blowing my mind right now. I am so happy. hahahahahkjdshflakjsdhf. I thought I knew so much about the Haunted Mansion, obviously not enough. God Bless You for writing all of this down.

Aaaand you just texted me. Of course. hahahaha.
Like I said... thank you SO much for those words. They mean a lot to me and honestly make me feel better about my decision. No matter what happens, I'm not going to regret applying for this!

Aww thank you! Haha I never mind if you post my pictures on your tumblr! What an honor!! I have been posting more of my own pictures on my tumblr now because I feel like I should I love Disney photos so much!

Well when you come visit me when I'm on my DCP, I will be giving you one of these tours

Hahaha you should! REBEL SPY!

I NEVER was like that either. It's repulsive how kids can not feel guilty for acting like that.

Haha I literally back to BLT that night and just wrote down everything I could possibly remember! I want an in depth tour of the haunted mansion more than ANYTHING. And I think they offer them to DCP students so I'm REALLY excited

Aaaaaand yeah. We have frump telepathy.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #2213
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I wish you the best of luck with your CP interview. Sorry I've fallen so far behind. It's so hard to get caught up.

I do hope it works out for you. It's my biggest regret in life that I didn't do it, and this from someone who doesn't have regrets.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #2214
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

I wanted to wish you the best of luck on your CP phone interview!

Also, maybe this is just my imagination, but I'm thinking at one point in this TR you shared your Twitter name with us. I tried looking through some of the posts from the 2nd Dec trip when you started tweeting, but couldnt find anything. I would love to follow you on future WDW/DL trips through your tweets if you wouldnt mind sharing that again.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #2215
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Yay!! I wish you sooo much luck in your interview!
Though I have to say and I'm sure many people on the Dis would agree, they would be crazy not to accept you!! You have a wonderful appreciation for Disney, a lot of people sadly just see it as theme parks and well we know that's not even close!!
I love, love all the facts! Soooo cool I need a friend that works at Disney!
And the sunset photos......stunning! I cannot wait for our trip, it seems so far away, thank goodness for TRs!
And yaya for your upcoming trip! I told my DF that after our wedding trip, we are doing Disney in the fall so we can go to F&W and MNSSHP!! Ahhhh you're gonna have a blast

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #2216
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I wish you the best of luck with your CP interview. Sorry I've fallen so far behind. It's so hard to get caught up.

I do hope it works out for you. It's my biggest regret in life that I didn't do it, and this from someone who doesn't have regrets.
Thank you so much! That's totally okay! I'm sorry I had to speed ahead so fast. I just wanted to get this TR done so I could focus on other upcoming ones! Hopefully you'll get caught up at some point!

I hope it does too! Aww I'm sorry about that! I know, I'm glad I just applied. I was overthinking it so much that I was just like "SCREW IT! I'M APPLYING!" and I think it was a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
I wanted to wish you the best of luck on your CP phone interview!

Also, maybe this is just my imagination, but I'm thinking at one point in this TR you shared your Twitter name with us. I tried looking through some of the posts from the 2nd Dec trip when you started tweeting, but couldnt find anything. I would love to follow you on future WDW/DL trips through your tweets if you wouldnt mind sharing that again.
Thank you so much!
I posted it once on my Hilton Head trip report but not on this one. It is PrincessJess508 on both twitter and instagram! Feel free to tweet me so I know to follow you back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Yay!! I wish you sooo much luck in your interview!
Though I have to say and I'm sure many people on the Dis would agree, they would be crazy not to accept you!! You have a wonderful appreciation for Disney, a lot of people sadly just see it as theme parks and well we know that's not even close!!
I love, love all the facts! Soooo cool I need a friend that works at Disney!
And the sunset photos......stunning! I cannot wait for our trip, it seems so far away, thank goodness for TRs!
And yaya for your upcoming trip! I told my DF that after our wedding trip, we are doing Disney in the fall so we can go to F&W and MNSSHP!! Ahhhh you're gonna have a blast
Thank you so much! Aww what a nice compliment - I really appreciate that! I hope my phone interview will accurately display my love for Disney for my interviewer! Fingers crossed!
I'm glad you liked them! Haha well when I do my DCP... you will have one!
Thank you! When is your next trip? Maybe I'll be working in WDW at that time and we can say hi
Ahhh a wedding trip is my dream! Enjoy it! And yes, going in the fall is AWESOME! I can't wait!!! 9 DAYS
Old 09-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #2217
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Thank you so much!
I posted it once on my Hilton Head trip report but not on this one. It is PrincessJess508 on both twitter and instagram! Feel free to tweet me so I know to follow you back!

Oh, thats probably where I saw it then. I guess I was thinking it was this one
Old 09-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #2218
Blissikins
Earning My Ears

I love your trip reports, Jess! Those sunset photographs are just stunning, being WDW sunsets just make them even more beautiful.

I love the WDW facts, I drove my DH mad with all my little bits of information when we were in Magic Kingdom (he would say "Uh-oh, it's Dis-Board-Cyclopedia time again..." ).

I can't wait to hear how the rest of your trip turns out.

Lots of positive thoughts and prayers coming your way too, you will make THE perfect CM!! You have the Disney Love, CMs like that were always the ones who made our day one way or another.

Me: DH:
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #2219
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak508 View Post

ahh i'm glad i posted my tr link there! I was hoping someone would find it helpful!
Actually,the link I saw wasn't from you-it must have been from one of your fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak508 View Post

early december is an awesome time of year to go! You're lucky that you're able to!
Yes,I love early December-even the "legendary" early December of 2010!

Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #2220
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I missed so many updates! But alas, I am here now and ready to comment lol
Boo to the last day in Disney ): I hate that feeling. Le Cellier looks so good! I could really go for some cheddar cheese soup now hahah
Yay for a trip in October! I've always wanted to go to MNSSHP! Are you dressing up as a Disney character?
YAYYYYY for the DCP! That's so exciting!! It's happening so fast! I think you'd make a great CM If I were in the program (which I hope to do one day) I would so want to work in the Bippiti Boppiti Boutique!
The resort's decorations are so nice! Those things made out of gingerbread are amazing! There's so much detail that goes into everything!
Good luck with everything coming up!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: