Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #2191
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Jess, I am so happy you applied for the DCP. I hope the phone interview goes well and you get the job you want!

I LOVED these updates. Disney details are my absolute favorite things EVER. I love how Disney does things/put things places for a reason.

The trick to figuring the message on the bookcase in the queue is to like look at the symbols as if they were letters. I know the front says something like “Welcome foolish mortals…” On the picture in your update I can tell where it says “foolish.”

The voice in the stretching room saying “GET OUT!” is like the creepiest thing ever. Seriously!

I actually got to go backstage at the Haunted Mansion…and I’m not lying! I did the Marceline to MK tour in August and that was part of the tour! (I wrote about that and my whole tour here if you would like to read about going backstage (: ). It was one of the coolest things that I have EVER done. The whole thing isn’t that complicated, actually. It’s basically a bunch of animatronics and then this HUGE piece of glass in front of them, and that’s pretty much it. It’s just the reflection you see that makes it looks like you are seeing “ghosts!”

In Winnie the Pooh (I learned this all on the tour!), if you are on the right side of your vehicle, look down at the floor in Owl’s house because there are pictures of characters from Mr. Toad!

I love your picture with the two greatest mice in the world! (:
Old 09-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #2192
jessily
DIS Veteran

Congrats on your phone interview! I hope it goes well!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #2193
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
That's something I don't get: the ride had a bad message about drunk driving and hell, and yet the ride had FANS! Cause you know, they were protestin' the closure of Toad. Uh, HELLO, idiots, do you NOT see that this ride has a bad message?!
not sure the haunted mansion has the best "message" either...

Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #2194
Reddog1134
DIS Veteran

Good luck with the interview.

Mr. Toad never had anything to do with drinking. Toad loved driving and traded the deed to his house for a car. Unfortunately, he was neither a good nor safe driver. The ride was meant to demonstrate his love of speed and lack of driving skills.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #2195
Disneymad1993
Mouseketeer

Congrats and good luck on the DCP phone interview! I've actually applied for the International College Program, it's like the DCP but it is only for the summer (June - August) and you don't have to take classes. I'm actually going to be finding out next Monday if I've made it to the first round of interviews!! So Im waiting for that
Loved the update and all the trivia
2013 June 10th - August 16th Walt Disney World Cast Member!! Quick Service Food and Beverage at Blizzard Beach!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #2196
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I know sports are important (to some people, not me!) and all, but I fail to understand the logic of sports game on tv > Walt Disney World, especially when it's your last night there! Boys...

Hooray for your sweatshirt for your Nana!

Ooooh! I've neve noticed the Davy Jones key in the gift shop! I'll have to look for it next time!

That's so sad about Grad Nights, but I completely understand why they would stop having them if the grads were being so destructive! I can't even imagine my high school class behaving that badly.

All of that info about the Haunted Mansion is amazing!

I finally saw that picture of Owl and Mr. Toad on my last trip! I tried to get a picture of it, but no luck. Thank goodness for Google!

I remember hearing about the monorail crash, but I didn't know that's how monorail teal came about!

Ahh, Tronorail. My second favorite monorail, next to Avengerail, of course.

Follow me on Twitter! @flyergrad09 • Follow me on Instagram! @flyergrad09

I've been a Disney girl my entire life!
May 1987 - Offsite • November 1990 - Offsite • June 1998 - OKW • December 2001/January 2002 - Offsite • December 2003/January 2004 - Offsite • December 2007/January 2008 - Offsite • December 2009 - Offsite • July 2010 - DISNEYLAND! • December 2010 - Offsite • December 2011 - ASMu • May 2012 - ASMu
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #2197
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran

WOW!! What an incredible update!

Your pictures of the sunset are amazing! I can't wait to see some for myself!

And what an awesome amount of fun facts!! I knew a few from a Secrets of Disney World book I bought a few years ago. But things are always changing and new secrets emerge, eh?

I'm so bummed your trip is coming to an end but super excited you get to head back in a few days! And I'm going to type up some notes from your TR for our trip in December. Granted I won't be able to do everything you guys did, but I'm going to try and squeeze in a few things!

And good luck on your phone interview! I know you'll do great!!

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
Old 09-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #2198
katt789
DIS Veteran

I know I already said it on twitter, but CONGRATS on the CP interviews! I'm sending lots of hopes & pixie dust your way! Do you think you'll do another audition while you're down there for it? You never know haha!! You'll have to keep us posted, maybe I'll see ya down there on my next trip!

What a great night at MK (so far) I absolutely love learning stuff about Disney like that! One of the cm's from AoA this past trip started telling us a bunch of tidbits like that, did you know there are 5 hidden Jack Skellington & 1 hidden Sally on HM as well as all the Mickeys? I managed to see the Mickey head in the plates this last trip! Remembered to look at the last minute!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 09-24-2012, 02:20 PM   #2199
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.potatohead View Post
Good luck for your DCP interview! Congrats! I want to apply for the ICP but it's an even bigger commitment coming from overseas and all that but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get in with one of your preferred positions!

I really enjoyed all those facts from your friend, how great!
Thank you so much! I hope it all goes well! You should just apply to see what happens And thank you - I really appreciate it!

I am so glad! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Guillermo del Toro is in the process of developing the movie. I don't believe it has got the green light yet. He announced this in like 2010 so it has been a slow process. He has made some cool movies like Pan's Labyrinth and the Hellboy movies. I'm pretty excited for this movie and I hope it gets made. It's supposedly based around The Hatbox Ghost
Ahh really? That's very interesting! Thank you for that tidbit of info. I hope it gets made too - it sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
ahhhhh! I love all of the little trivia tidbits in your latest updates (well the first part, I have only read halfway through so far)! I can't wait to ride HM again so I can see who killed who (whom?). A cm told my bf some info about Liberty Square..something about the doors and windows I think, and now I can't remember what it was! I'll have to ask him later when he's awake to see if he remembers, but I do recall saying "wow that is so cool....every detail is there for a reason" when he told me originally.

Also, I know that you love Stacy so you might already know this, but did you know that she was a 5 time world champion artistic roller skater? I was googling her yesterday, so my dd could watch the 7 must do's video, and found out that info (so immediately I thought of your TR to share said info with you). Also she was the in house announcer for a WNBA team at one point! I got so sidetracked reading interviews and articles about her that I actually forgot to watch the video! lol
Aww thank you! I hope these tips come in handy when you visit WDW next time! It really adds a whole new look to your experience! Ahh yes, I think he told me something about the doors and windows but I didn't write it down. I'll have to find out what it is!

Hahaha I feel like I may have heard that before! Stacey does some really cool stuff - I love her! She's such an interesting person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
That's something I don't get: the ride had a bad message about drunk driving and hell, and yet the ride had FANS! Cause you know, they were protestin' the closure of Toad. Uh, HELLO, idiots, do you NOT see that this ride has a bad message?!
I mean, it's a classic ride. Just because it has a bad message doesn't mean the ride was bad. However, in the Magic Kingdom, they may have felt that Winnie the Pooh was more appropriate for young children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
OK, so I had to come out of lurkdom to comment on your last two posts. All the trivia is SO much fun! I love that no matter how many times you visit WDW, there are always new things to discover!

I remember my grad night (yes, I'm old ), and I'm sad that they're gone. My friends and I had the MOST fun. So sad that the bad apples have to spoil it for the whole bunch!

I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, too, and it was a favorite. Yes, I know the message wasn't exactly Disney-appropriate; but the ride was FUN. I was sad to see it go. Then again, I was sad to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea go, too, and I wasn't in love with that one. Go figure!

ETA: Your sunset pictures are wonderful! Watching the sun set over WDW is one of my favorite things!
I agree! Even though I had been to Disney so many times, I was still blown away by the amount of information I didn't know!

Aww you're so lucky you got to do one! I'm glad that you guys actually enjoyed it for its intended purpose!

I'm glad that MTWR is still in Disneyland, at least. I really want to see what it is! Any attraction leaving WDW is sad!

Thank you so much! It really is a beautiful sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin2it View Post
I love the Disney trivia and I was surprised that I already knew some of it. Some of it was new too so thank you for sharing! The phone in the Chapeau is a favorite for me..I go and listen at least once or twice every time we go. It's supposed to be a "party line" which is how phones worked when they first were put in the home. Everyone was pretty much connected so you could easily eavesdrop on your neighbors. Lol

Oh when you go backwards out of the attic and see that house on the right..it represents that you died by falling out of the window of that house.

Can't wait to read more from your trip even though it's almost over. Since you're going to Disney in October, are you going to do a trip report for that one too? I hope so!
Thank you so much! You're welcome! I love that phone haha. That would be hilarious if everyone could hear each other's conversations... I can only imagine the drama that would arise.

Ohh is that what it is? That's really cool!

Thank you! I have a couple posts left! And I am hoping to! We just have to see if I will have time to write it! Most likely. Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Jess, I am so happy you applied for the DCP. I hope the phone interview goes well and you get the job you want!

I LOVED these updates. Disney details are my absolute favorite things EVER. I love how Disney does things/put things places for a reason.

The trick to figuring the message on the bookcase in the queue is to like look at the symbols as if they were letters. I know the front says something like “Welcome foolish mortals…” On the picture in your update I can tell where it says “foolish.”

The voice in the stretching room saying “GET OUT!” is like the creepiest thing ever. Seriously!

I actually got to go backstage at the Haunted Mansion…and I’m not lying! I did the Marceline to MK tour in August and that was part of the tour! (I wrote about that and my whole tour here if you would like to read about going backstage (: ). It was one of the coolest things that I have EVER done. The whole thing isn’t that complicated, actually. It’s basically a bunch of animatronics and then this HUGE piece of glass in front of them, and that’s pretty much it. It’s just the reflection you see that makes it looks like you are seeing “ghosts!”

In Winnie the Pooh (I learned this all on the tour!), if you are on the right side of your vehicle, look down at the floor in Owl’s house because there are pictures of characters from Mr. Toad!

I love your picture with the two greatest mice in the world! (:
Aww thank you so much! I hope it goes well too! Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed the facts as much as I did! I figured that you all would appreciate everything I learned.. so I wrote down as much as I could remember!

Foolish Mortals. I gotta remember that!!

Hahaha I know, I love it!!

I should definitely think about doing that tour! I want an in-depth tour of the haunted mansion more than any ride in WDW! There is so much that goes into it... I learn something new every time I go on it!

Omg I never knew about those Mr. Toad things! I need to sit on the right side next time I go on winnie the pooh!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessily View Post
Congrats on your phone interview! I hope it goes well!
Thank you so much! I hope it does too!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #2200
disneyshakeygirl
DIS Veteran

You're going to do absolutely brilliantly on the phone interview! I honestly think you and Disney are meant to be. You're a huge Disney fan, you basically know everything about Disney like the back of your hand and I think it'd be the perfect place for you to work.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #2201
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
I don't know. It's a dying art form.
Yeah. No one appreciates the arts anymore.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #2202
heathsf
DIS Veteran

Awesome update! That was lots of fun and interesting info, thanks for sharing. Good luck on your phone interview! Will you be able to share details with us afterwards?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #2203
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I just "stumbled" into your thread from a link in a post in a thread on the TPAS board.

WOW!You are an AMAZING WDW fan!

People who don't "get" WDW are so BORING!LOL

I am an "early December WDW Guest" every year(LOVE being there for Walt's Birthday and the ESPN College Football Awards Show!).

Best of luck on the CP!!!!

I LOVE CPs and ICPs-they are always wonderful CMs and interesting to talk to and bring so much "energy" to the Parks-WDW would not be the same without them!

Just wanted to compliment you on your amazing thread!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #2204
1stvisit0909
DIS Veteran

Loooove this! We are going at Christmas this year an I can not wait! You report made me soooooo happy!

Coronado Springs 2014 PTR
Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time TR POFQ 2012 OKW 09
Old 09-24-2012, 08:01 PM   #2205
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Great update Jess. Your pictures of the Grand Floridian are beautiful! I really enjoyed reading all the trivia. But, I think the one about the guy dying in HM is an urban legend. I've read about all the deaths in DL and WDW (morbid, I know) and that is not included. Good luck on your interview. You are going to do so well!! -Amanda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: