Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #2176
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Haha, I love that the Yacht Club is the "Frump Homeland". I recall you guys singing in bathrobes. Ca-lass-ic.

You missing the poinsettias is like me missing the Food and Wine booths when the festival is not going on. It just makes World Showcase all the more beautiful when it is packed with even more international foods. You'll see very soon!!!

I love how they have this pretty gingerbread house set up and then they have Stitch looking insane smack in the middle of it. Oh how I love that little blue alien!

Yeah, I totally feel you on being depressed the last day. You just can't have as much fun. As they say, the thrill is gone. But hey, it's still Disney.

Omg, that sunset. I'm sad. Don't end, epic Christmas trip!!! Thank God you go to Disney like twice a week so that I have more TRs to read, or else I would be depressed. You need to update the Frump trip report. Unless you already did, I need to go check. Oh well, even if you did... you still need to update AGAIN. hahaha
Old 09-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #2177
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love your sunset pics
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 AM   #2178
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post
Also, I think Cinderella's Royal Table wins for BEST MENUS EVER!

How come no one waltzes the way Cinderella and the Prince do anymore?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #2179
katt789
DIS Veteran

Another TSM ride adventure! Wow, you really did live it up this trip! I have to say, that little blue gate is heaven! We got through it every time on our last trip, saves so much time!!

UGH! Le Cellier! Ate there for the first time this past week, it seriously is the greatest meal I've ever had, the soup & pretzel bread just make everything so tasty! Yum!!

So sad that your trip is coming to a close, it's always the worst part of any trip, having to pack, knowing it's your last night/day there, booo

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

Old 09-23-2012, 10:02 PM   #2180
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The Epcot resorts are so pretty and the Christmas decoration make them 100000000x more beautiful.

Ohmygoodness, I LOVE the little Disney Christmas village.

The food pins are just awesome. Like, seriously.

I lost a pick a pearl ring at Epcot and never found it. I guess not many people have luck finding anything they lose at Disney!

Those sunset pictures are killing me right now. SO BEAUTIFUL <3
I agree!
Me too!
I know! I want them all.
Aww that's so sad! I know, if you lose something it's pretty much gone into the abyss.
Thank you! I'm glad you like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysunshine85 View Post
Jess I love your reports! What kind of camera do you have? You have some great shots . I cannot wait to go to Disney at christmastime this year! Will you be going to the world soon? I'm thinking of doing trip report myself!
Thank you so much! I have a Nikon D3100 and I use iPhoto to enhance them ever further. Ahh you're going to have a magical trip! I am going to WDW in 11 days! You should do a trip report! They're time consuming but very fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
The Yacht Club's decorations are so pretty! Classy Christmas.

A MICKEY RICE KRISPY TREAT PIN!!?!!?!!! I'm not a pin collector, but I kind of need one of those. It says so much about who I am.

I feel like Stitch is such a random choice for the Boardwalk, but it's really cute.

I hate that "We're leaving tomorrow so I want to have the best day ever except I can't because I'm depressed because we're leaving tomorrow" feeling. That's the real Disney paradox, Jungle Cruise Skippers.
Haha that's the perfect way to describe them!

YEAH YOU DO. Those things are your life. God, they just taste SO GOOD.

I agree I have no idea why he was there. But I mean, whatever! Disney does what they want.

I know. It's so sad. At least I have a few more updates to go before we finish this thing off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
I can't believe one of your best trip reports is almost done. Let me tell you, I learned a lot about WDW at Christmas time from reading your thing, and I'll keep your tips in mind when I go to Disney in December.

Again, a TRULY AMAZING trip report, and here's to many, many more!

Frumps forever,
Disneydude97
Aww thank you! I'm glad it was helpful! Enjoy your trip!
Thank you very much! Stay tuned for a few more updates - it's not over yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael's mom View Post
Awww Jess! I feel like crying for you. I know the exact feeling you're describing...wanting to enjoy your last moments, but being miserable because they are your last moments. I distinctly remember crying in the pool at CBR just hours before my plane took off, I was just so sad that I didn't know when I'd be back. Can't wait to hear about your last evening!
It was so sad! I still can't believe this trip was over - it was literally the best one ever! Aww that's so sad! At least you know Disney will always be there waiting for you when you get the chance to return! I have a few more great posts coming up so stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Awww Jess, I'm hanging in there for your last few updates. So sad to leave your happy place but you have some pretty awesome trips coming up!! Love, love, love the sunset view from BLT and overlooking the Seven Seas lagoon.

We returned a few weeks ago from staying at BW villas for 4 nites and now looking at the Christmas photos makes me really want to book a holiday trip. So lovely. But BLT is still my favorite resort so spending 8 nights there after BWV was perfect.
I'm glad you're still here! Yes, I am quite excited! Thank you very much

Aww that's WONDERFUL! You should definitely go on a Christmas trip sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
It's always so sad leaving WDW behind, but at least you have all those gorgeous pictures to remember the decorations and the incredible final sunset. This trip report has been full of detailed storytelling, rare tips for the holiday season, and amazing pics, and I can't wait to see how it ends.
It really is! Yes, I look at these pictures all the time - they are some of the best I've ever taken and I love them. Aww thank you for the compliments! I'm so glad you have enjoyed the report! Thank you for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Haha, I love that the Yacht Club is the "Frump Homeland". I recall you guys singing in bathrobes. Ca-lass-ic.

You missing the poinsettias is like me missing the Food and Wine booths when the festival is not going on. It just makes World Showcase all the more beautiful when it is packed with even more international foods. You'll see very soon!!!

I love how they have this pretty gingerbread house set up and then they have Stitch looking insane smack in the middle of it. Oh how I love that little blue alien!

Yeah, I totally feel you on being depressed the last day. You just can't have as much fun. As they say, the thrill is gone. But hey, it's still Disney.

Omg, that sunset. I'm sad. Don't end, epic Christmas trip!!! Thank God you go to Disney like twice a week so that I have more TRs to read, or else I would be depressed. You need to update the Frump trip report. Unless you already did, I need to go check. Oh well, even if you did... you still need to update AGAIN. hahaha
Ahh great times, great memories. I literally love that resort so much.

I AM SO EXCITED FOR FOOD AND WINE!!!!

Hahaha Stitch is such a frump!

I agree! You gotta enjoy every second... but being sad is inevitable!

I know! Haha I can't believe it's almost over! I am going to feel so empty once I complete it because it has been going on forever! Bahaha I know, good thing!

I'll update the frump trip report soon! Maybe next weekend. I unfortunately left my trip journal at my house so I don't have any notes.. but I'm going home next weekend! So as long as I finish all of my homework I will try to write one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love your sunset pics
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
How come no one waltzes the way Cinderella and the Prince do anymore?
I don't know. It's a dying art form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Another TSM ride adventure! Wow, you really did live it up this trip! I have to say, that little blue gate is heaven! We got through it every time on our last trip, saves so much time!!

UGH! Le Cellier! Ate there for the first time this past week, it seriously is the greatest meal I've ever had, the soup & pretzel bread just make everything so tasty! Yum!!

So sad that your trip is coming to a close, it's always the worst part of any trip, having to pack, knowing it's your last night/day there, booo
Yes I did! It seriously is - what a lifesaver!

Ahhh I'm glad you loved it! I seriously am in love with that meal.

I know, it's so sad! At least I always know I'm going to go back! This trip will never be beat, though!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #2181
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

HELLO EVERYONE! So I have some HUGE news.

You all know how it has been my DREAM to apply for the Disney College Program. I have constantly been torn about when to apply because I didn't know when a good time to leave school would be.

However, last Thursday, I impulsively decided to submit an application! I got through the web based interview and I have my phone interview on October 1st!

I don't know if I'm going to go for sure next semester, but I wanted to apply just to see what would happen. My top two roles of choice are Concierge and Fairy Godmother in Training at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, so if I get either of those, I am SO outta here and my dream will FINALLY be coming true!

If I don't get either of those, I am going to have to play it by ear and see if it's worth going this semester or not. If I don't go in the spring, I am planning on going in the fall.

So good thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated for my phone interview/getting either one of those roles! I am SO excited and I have been jumping out of my skin since I have applied! I can't even WAIT to see the results! It's going to seem like forever until I finally find out!

As for now, my phone interview is in 8 days and I am going to Disney in 11 days. I AM SO EXCITED FOR LIFE I CAN'T EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF!

But for now, onto the regularly scheduled trip report! Be ready for some more VERY cool facts coming your way!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 98: My Magic Kingdom Tour From a Jungle Cruise Skipper (Part 1)
January 1st, 2012

Clearly, I was very sad about leaving because I took about a million pictures. However, I really wanted to capture the view. Especially when this incredible sunset was happening. Enjoy:

This is my top favorite one:

Absolutely stunning.

So now what?! It was my last night and we were just kind of winging it. I wanted to go over to the Magic Kingdom, but Dad and Jon were watching TV. They wanted to wait until some sports game was over. Ugh.

So I thought I should text Ryan, my Jungle Cruise skipper friend, one more time since I was leaving tomorrow. I hadn’t talked to him since the other day at Jungle Cruise. So at quarter to seven I was like texted him and told him we would be at the Magic Kingdom that night, and if he was around maybe we could say hi since I was leaving tomorrow.

So he texted me back saying he was at the studios, but he asked how long I would be there until.

I told him I didn’t really know how long I was going to stay but as late as I possibly could I was hoping!

He said he would meet me over at the Magic Kingdom in a little bit! He left Hollywood Studios and headed over.

I told my family I was just gonna go because I was going to meet up with him because they were taking way too long. My Mom came with me and then my Dad and brother stayed behind, planning to go over later. (which never happened. Surprise!)

Mom and I went outside, but then we went back up to the room to change into jeans because it was a little chilly.

So we finally made it to Magic Kingdom. It’s disgusting how much less crowded it was. It’s absolutely unbelievable. Compared to the previous night, the place was like a ghost town. Everyone who was arriving there that day was like “wow it’s so crowded!” and everyone who had been there for Christmas week was like “…are you kidding me? You should have seen the place a day ago!”

So Mom and I went into the Emporium and we picked out a Navy Mickey Mouse zip up sweatshirt for Nana. Ryan came walking in right before we bought it and he was able to use his CM discount for us! That was SO nice. Disney CM’s get absolutely amazing benefits between the free park passes and the merchandise discounts. It’s so worth it right there.

We chatted a bit with Ryan and then Mom decided to go meet up with Jon and Dad. Ryan and I headed off into the Magic Kingdom and the fun began!

Ryan did his college program during his freshman year of college and at this point he was a Junior. He kept his Jungle Cruise Skipper job seasonally and he is a HUGE Disney fan! Little did I know, I had a TONS of Disney knowledge coming my way on this night! I wrote it all down so I could share it with you guys!

We walked into Adventureland, and he told me that the Cast Memberss abbreviate it to be “Ad-Lib” because CM’s who work in Adventureland can also be trained to work in Liberty Square. Those are the only two lands in the Magic Kingdom where that can happen.

We started off at Pirates of the Caribbean and walked right on the ride! The place was a ghost town, I’m tellin’ ya.

We got on the ride and we basically were talking about it the entire time. Here are our conclusions/facts I learned from Pirates of the Caribbean:

We both agreed that Davy Jones was WAY better than Blackbeard in the fog at the beginning.

There’s a hidden mickey in the shadow of the cat where the pirate is like “you’re a nice little [kitty] cat!” I never noticed that one before!

The hairy leg pirate in that ride has actual human hair on it.

We LOVE Jack Sparrow being on the ride, he’s absolutely amazing. We also both love the smell of pirates – it’s the best.

There’s new glimmering lights at the treasure room at the end of the ride!

The ride was great, and we entered the gift shop when it was over. On the left side, if you look up, there is the actually the REAL key from the second movie from Davy Jones’ heart RIGHT THERE. That’s awesome.

So we got off of pirates and headed to our next stop, which was Splash Mountain! While we were walking there we heard the Main Street Electrical Parade going on! Ryan told me that Spectro Magic is coming back soon! He doesn’t know when exactly, but the MSE is going away and my beloved Spectro is returning. Thank the Lord. I can't wait.

Ryan told me that on Star Tours, if you go to the Cast Member “I am feeling rebellious” you might just have a great chance at being the rebel spy. He has done it many times!

We made it over to Splash Mountain which was also a complete walk on. We were in the second row of the log. We both used to be super scared of this ride when we were little.

He pointed out a lot of different parts of the ride to me. You basically see Br’er Bear’s butt more than you see his face in that ride.... IT'S SO TRUE hahaha.

There are a lot of speakers in that ride that are completely uncovered. You can see that wire when br’er rabbit is hopping through with his picnic knapsack.

When the gophers pop out at the end, the one who sounds like he’s sneezing is saying “FSU” for Florida State University. One of the Imagineers who worked on the ride actually went there and they incorporated that into Splash Mountain. We didn’t get too wet – Ryan got it worse than I did!

The blue bird at the end wasn’t working that night.

Our next stop was going into the Haunted Mansion.

Did you know that Liberty Square is the only land that doesn’t have any bathrooms? That’s because there were no actual bathrooms in colonial times.

If you look at the sidewalk in Liberty Square, there is like a pebble pathway in the middle and red cement on the outer side. It’s kind of gross, but in colonial towns they didn’t have any bathrooms, so they dumped their waste into the streets. The red cement is supposed to represent the dumping grounds and the sidewalk is the clean part.

Also, there is this little metal bridge in between liberty square and frontierland, and liberty square is supposed to represent the colonial states, while frontierland represents the western states. That little bridge is COMPLETELY camouflaged in, but it’s supposed to represent the Mississippi River! And if you look over the edge, you can see a little trickling “river.” Very small detail, yet very significant. Everything done at Disney is a certain way FOR A REASON.

There is this seating area in Liberty Square, and if you look in the windows you will see this doll in there. That is Lillian Disney’s actual doll!

Ryan also told me about Grad Nights on our walk over there. He once had to work one night on that wooden walkway by Frontierland. His job was to literally stop the kids from hanging off of the sides of the bridges. They were awful.

Also, they stopped opening Jungle Cruise up during Grad Nights because there were rumors of some terrible things happening back there that aren't quite DIS-appropriate. Then when Jungle Cruise was closed, these kids snuck in there and went skinny dipping in the water! Little did they know if you go in that water you need to get a tetnis shot. HAHA! Some awful kids also had BBQ sauce and squirted all inside the Haunted Mansion. Needless to say, for those and for many other reasons, Grad Nights have been discontinued. People really are absolutely disgusting.

Alright... it's Haunted Mansion time. So apparently they’re thinking of trying to remake a Haunted Mansion movie that is way better. It’s supposed to be a “dark movie,” so we will see if that happens/how it goes.

We began our HM journey in the queue and we looked at those five head statues.

I had no idea but if you read the descriptions on the plaques underneath each statue, you can figure out who killed who. The little blurbs say how they died, and then the symbols above the words (gun, axe, etc.) represent how they killed someone else.

It’s AMAZING. I never even knew that was there. See if you can figure them out! (I took these pictures in May so I could accurately show you guys what I'm talking about)

Cousin Maude on the far right, if you go around the back, you can actually see the matches in her hair. She died because she was set on fire.

Then we continued on… only half of the instruments work. You don’t actually even have to touch it to make it work. The sound is triggered by a sensor that is right above the surface.

The one where you plug the water holes is cool – plug up where water is coming out and it will come out of another crack.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 09-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #2182
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 99: My Magic Kingdom Tour From a Jungle Cruise Skipper (Part 2)
January 1st, 2011

All of the books that push out of the book case have a code to them. Ryan didnít know what it was, but there is some trick to it!

Thereís also this one station where you hear a clue and you need to figure out what the ending is. I forgot what my clue was, but I know the answer was ďBanana.Ē You say it into the speaker and if you get it right she writes it down. If you get it wrong, she tells you youíre incorrect.

We admired all of the tombstones and they are all there for a reason. Some of them are named after imagineers, and thereís a bunch of different stories behind each one. Unfortunately I donít remember them specifically but some of the names on the tombstones are also names on some of the windows on Main Street! They represent the same people!

We finally got into the ride, and there are flaws with the stretching room. You can see the cracks in the paint which ruin the illusion. Also, the gargoyles go up with the ceiling while it rises.

The guy who is being hanged during the ďof course thereís always my wayĒ scene is actually featured many times throughout the ride. He is in a framed picture, in the ballroom, etc.

There is also this one head statue of this woman with a big nose and she is in the ride multiple times too.

As youíre leaving the stretching room, there is an audio that plays. Nobody EVER hears this because everyone rushes out. The audio is of some ghosts and they say in a SUPER creepy and quiet voice ďstay together, stay together, stay together, GET OUT.Ē We had to stay WAY behind, and thankfully the CM didnít mind us listening to it. But itís so WEIRD! You would never even know itís there! Try staying behind one time so you can hear it!

As far as the actual ride goes, the first room with that chair that reminds me of VMK (the red one that looks like a hidden face on it) is actually a hidden Donald. Once you see it and know that, you finally recognize itís a Donald.

(Image borrowed from Google)

You know that one scene with the blinking eyes? If you wonder how they do that, take your iPhone and shine a bright light on it. You will see that it basically looks like a bunch of tree branches with light up eyes on the ends.

The cobwebs arenít as good inside of the mansion because thereís no one walking on the carpets. In the main room the carpets are wool so they collect more dust and therefore result in greater cobwebs.

We got into the room with Madame Leota in the Crystal Ball, and you know that Raven with the red eyes? He was originally going to be the haunted mansion narrator. He is in many places throughout the ride.

Back when the crystal ball was stationary, this guy apparently climbed out of his ride vehicle and tried to steal it. Around that table is a 16 foot drop (that is now covered) and apparently he fell down it and died.

In the Attic Bride room, look at the gifts she is getting. At the beginning they are are bad quality. They get more extravagant as the scene goes on.

Also, look at each of the bride's portraits. In every single one where she has a new husband, she has ANOTHER pearl necklace on. That represents her gaining more and more wealth as each man is killed. At the beginning she has one necklace. By the end, when she's standing there with the axe, she has a whole bunch of pearls!

The ballroom scene is ridiculously amazing. The technique is called ďPepperís MagicĒ and everything is done using mirrors. There is nothing in the ballroom besides those chairs and furniture and stuff.

All of the audio animatronics are projected in there and they are actually in the room but not in any visible sight. They are above and below the doom buggies! However, if you lean out and look up you can see the legs of one of the ghosts from the chandelier!

Itís a really complicated process and Iím still not quite sure how it works, but itís absolutely amazing. Ryan actually got to go down into the ballroom and sit in the chairs down there. LUCKY.

Also, if you ever noticed, the female ballroom dancers lead. Thatís one of the mirror tricks. Everything is reversed when it is reflected, so the men are leading in the actual animatronic, but the mirror image is the opposite!

Thereís also a hidden mickey in the plates on the left hand side of the table.

As you turn backwards, that is actually supposed to represent your ďdeathĒ and entrance into the Haunted Mansion. The house that is on the right side there is supposed to have killed you somehow, but it doesnít look anything like the Haunted Mansion itself.

You know the guy who is there with the hungry looking dog? Look at him, and then look at the first guy getting chased up by the tree by that Rhino in the Jungle Cruise. Itís the same guy!

There are two guys who helped design the Haunted Mansion. I donít exactly remember their names, but the first one did everything before the graveyard scene because he wanted it to be scary and spooky, and the other did the fun "grim grinning ghosts" part after. Walt divided it up between the two because they couldnít decide between scary and fun.

As far as the singing statues, you know the one that is broken and crooked on the bottom? He is also the voice of Tony the Tiger.

There is a hidden mickey in a tomb right before you leave the scene, but you really have to turn around and just keep staring at it until you leave the room. You will see it eventually!

We got to the end of the ride and the hitchhiking ghost switched our heads - that's best one!

Also, Madame Leota at the end there is the same character as the one in the crystal ball. But there is some inconsistency about her. I think either her face or her voice is different, I canít remember which one.

Once the ride is over and you exit the building, there is a pet cemetery on your left. If you look in there, you can find Mr. Toad's tombstone! They added him to this cemetery when they took his ride out of the Magic Kingdom.

(Picture from my May 2012 trip)

Woo... alright everyone, you still with me? I sure hope so! It's like another tour all over again!

Okay so after Haunted Mansion we headed into Fantasyland. Wishes was starting up, and we were both SO happy it was regular Wishes instead of Holiday Wishes. Holiday Wishes was great, but nothing can beat the original. If they ever get rid of that show, there is going to be a serious outrage. We basically went through Fantasyland singing the song. Even though it was a bad view, we could still see it. It was awesome.

We got over to Winnie the pooh next, which was also a walk on. Ryan was telling me how anytime they ever replace an attraction they leave a momento somewhere in it to represent the attraction that is gone.

For instance, in Poohís Playful Spot, before it was demolished for FLE, they had a 20,000 leagues port hole in it to represent the old attraction.

We got on the ride and in the room where owl is, to your immediate left is Mr. Toad handing over the deed of the house to owl. You might have to look behind you because it is RIGHT away, but itís there. Iím so glad I finally got to see it Ė I had been looking forever!

Ryan also told me about Mr. Toadís Wild Ride and how it has a bad message. Itís about Mr. Toad getting drunk, getting in a car crash, and going to hell. Basically thatís why itís out of the Magic Kingdom and replaced by fluffy ol' Winnie the Pooh. At least it's still in Disneyland!

After that ride we headed back over to Main Street USA. We got some free cups of water at the popcorn stand on the right when looking down Main Street.

We walked up and the MSEP was going to start soon, so we looked at some windows in the mean time. Walt Disneyís window is the only one that faces the castle Ė itís right above the Ice Cream Parlor, which is very nice placement in my opinion.

There is a story behind every window, and unfortunately I donít really remember them all. But Roy Disneyís is all the way down on the right side. Roy E. Disney is Waltís brother. His son has a window too.

We walked into the alleyway where there usually is like a pretend singing studio, but it wasnít up and working because of the construction.

(Picture from my May 2012 trip)

We went into the Chapeau and listened to the old-fashioned telephone! There is a recording playing when you pick it up! Thatís a really cool little detail.

We went down Main Street and the MSEP was starting, so we decided to go into the Emporium. They replaced all of the window displays with Mickeyís Christmas Carol scenes for the holidays.

We went into the gift shop and looked around. Ryan was looking for the pook-a-looz dolls they used to sell. They were like voodoo looking dolls that were kinda creepy but him and his friend Courtney loved them. However, they were gone and none of the CM's knew what he was talking about!

A few days later he sent me this picture of them so I would know what they looked like:

We looked at all of the merchandise, and he told me about the monorail crash that happened. Monorail pink and purple, I believe, collided right near the TTC because the tracks were never switched. The driver went without getting clearance so it resulted in that tragic collision. After that happened, they took away the two destroyed ends and put the good ones together to make monorail teal.

Monorail Red is the one with the most mechanical issues.

Also, Monorail Coral was the tronorail.

(Picture from my April 2011 trip)

We ran outside to watch the part of the MSEP where Peter Panís float went by Ė Peter Pan is Ryanís favorite!

(Picture from my August 2011 trip)

As the parade was finishing, we saw that the wait for Mickey was only 5 minutes! We jumped right in line and took our picture with him and Minnie! It was awesome. They were so adorable and loved that Mickey was on Ryanís shirt!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 10-01-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #2183
DanieD0909
Mouseketeer

You seriously have the best trip reports!!! I live for your updates!!! Lol!!!

I've been lurking for a while now on your threads and decided it was time to comment

First...I wish you the best of luck on your interview!!! If anyone deserves to be in the college program it is you!!! If Disney doesn't take you; I can't even imagine who could have possibly beat you out!!

Also...is your family from Buffalo? I'm sure you probably said somewhere in one of your reports but I must have missed it!! I see your dads sports shirts in the pics...I'm originally from there!!! Elma actually...if you know where that is and lately I have been having a serious mighty taco craving!!

Last but not least...those dolls are called pook-a-looz...I love them!!! They actually make these larger ones too that are twice as big the ones in the pictures. If your friend is still in Orlando, tell
him to hit up the outlet...I saw them there but that was in July.

Sorry to write so much!! Lol one last good luck wish for your interview!!!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #2184
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieD0909 View Post
You seriously have the best trip reports!!! I live for your updates!!! Lol!!!

I've been lurking for a while now on your threads and decided it was time to comment

First...I wish you the best of luck on your interview!!! If anyone deserves to be in the college program it is you!!! If Disney doesn't take you; I can't even imagine who could have possibly beat you out!!

Also...is your family from Buffalo? I'm sure you probably said somewhere in one of your reports but I must have missed it!! I see your dads sports shirts in the pics...I'm originally from there!!! Elma actually...if you know where that is and lately I have been having a serious mighty taco craving!!

Last but not least...those dolls are called pook-a-looz...I love them!!! They actually make these larger ones too that are twice as big the ones in the pictures. If your friend is still in Orlando, tell
him to hit up the outlet...I saw them there but that was in July.

Sorry to write so much!! Lol one last good luck wish for your interview!!!!
Aww thank you so much! It's great to see you come out of lurkdom!

Thank you SO MUCH for those kind words! They really mean a lot to me! I hope the interview goes well and that I get a good job! I am SO EXCITED to see how this whole thing turns out!

Haha yes we are! Oh my God... Kristen (my best friend... I'm assuming you've read my other trip reports?) lives there!!! That is CRAZY! It's such a little town... haha what a small world! I live about 45 minutes from there. And GAHH I love Mighty Taco!!!

Lol is there really? That's hilarious! I'll have to tell him next time I talk to him!

Don't apologize! I loved your comment! Thanks for being here - I'm glad you have been enjoying the report!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #2185
miss.potatohead
Mouseketeer

Good luck for your DCP interview! Congrats! I want to apply for the ICP but it's an even bigger commitment coming from overseas and all that but I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that you get in with one of your preferred positions!

I really enjoyed all those facts from your friend, how great!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:38 AM   #2186
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Alright... it's Haunted Mansion time. So apparently they’re thinking of trying to remake a Haunted Mansion movie that is way better. It’s supposed to be a “dark movie,” so we will see if that happens/how it goes.

Guillermo del Toro is in the process of developing the movie. I don't believe it has got the green light yet. He announced this in like 2010 so it has been a slow process. He has made some cool movies like Pan's Labyrinth and the Hellboy movies. I'm pretty excited for this movie and I hope it gets made. It's supposedly based around The Hatbox Ghost
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 09-24-2012, 05:24 AM   #2187
merbobear
DIS Veteran

ahhhhh! I love all of the little trivia tidbits in your latest updates (well the first part, I have only read halfway through so far)! I can't wait to ride HM again so I can see who killed who (whom?). A cm told my bf some info about Liberty Square..something about the doors and windows I think, and now I can't remember what it was! I'll have to ask him later when he's awake to see if he remembers, but I do recall saying "wow that is so cool....every detail is there for a reason" when he told me originally.

Also, I know that you love Stacy so you might already know this, but did you know that she was a 5 time world champion artistic roller skater? I was googling her yesterday, so my dd could watch the 7 must do's video, and found out that info (so immediately I thought of your TR to share said info with you). Also she was the in house announcer for a WNBA team at one point! I got so sidetracked reading interviews and articles about her that I actually forgot to watch the video! lol

Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #2188
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

Quote:
Ryan also told me about Mr. Toadís Wild Ride and how it has a bad message. Itís about Mr. Toad getting drunk, getting in a car crash, and going to hell. Basically thatís why itís out of the Magic Kingdom and replaced by fluffy ol' Winnie the Pooh. At least it's still in Disneyland!
That's something I don't get: the ride had a bad message about drunk driving and hell, and yet the ride had FANS! Cause you know, they were protestin' the closure of Toad. Uh, HELLO, idiots, do you NOT see that this ride has a bad message?!
Old 09-24-2012, 07:59 AM   #2189
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

OK, so I had to come out of lurkdom to comment on your last two posts. All the trivia is SO much fun! I love that no matter how many times you visit WDW, there are always new things to discover!

I remember my grad night (yes, I'm old ), and I'm sad that they're gone. My friends and I had the MOST fun. So sad that the bad apples have to spoil it for the whole bunch!

I remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, too, and it was a favorite. Yes, I know the message wasn't exactly Disney-appropriate; but the ride was FUN. I was sad to see it go. Then again, I was sad to see 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea go, too, and I wasn't in love with that one. Go figure!

ETA: Your sunset pictures are wonderful! Watching the sun set over WDW is one of my favorite things!

Last edited by SoNotAPrincess; 09-24-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:12 AM   #2190
rockin2it
Mouseketeer

I love the Disney trivia and I was surprised that I already knew some of it. Some of it was new too so thank you for sharing! The phone in the Chapeau is a favorite for me..I go and listen at least once or twice every time we go. It's supposed to be a "party line" which is how phones worked when they first were put in the home. Everyone was pretty much connected so you could easily eavesdrop on your neighbors. Lol

Oh when you go backwards out of the attic and see that house on the right..it represents that you died by falling out of the window of that house.

Can't wait to read more from your trip even though it's almost over. Since you're going to Disney in October, are you going to do a trip report for that one too? I hope so!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: