Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 01:37 PM   #2146
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
Ok, seriously?! WHERE DID ALL THE PEOPLE GO????

Drooling over your cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread right now.

I LOVE doing pick a pearl and the CMs there are just awesome.

It is so much better to get the Cinderella’s carriage on ebay because they are $45 at Epcot, which is just RIDICULOUS!
I have no idea!!
Yummm I know, I want it.
So do I! They're precious.
Wow, that's insane! Ebay is a perfect place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisMommy View Post
Your TR is the best- it is really helping me get excited for our Christmas 2012 trip and is helping with the planning so much. I never knew about Joyful, and now can't wait to see them at Epcot. I may consider doing the pick-a-pearl with my daughter who will be four when we go. It would be a fun thing us to do while the boys do something else.

Love the pics of your family- you look like you are having so much fun and that your parents are enjoying seeing you happy

That dinner looks fabulous BTW that photo of you on New Years Eve looking behind you carrying the balloons should be in a Disney Ad. Gorgeous.
Aww thank you so much! I hope you have as wonderful of a trip as I did! It was literally the best trip I have ever gone on! Joyful is BEAUTIFUL and Pick a Pearl was so fun! I hope you get to do both of those things!

Thank you! We really had the best time!

It was! Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ahhhh that crowd level is amazing!!!

So exciting to wear t-shirt and shorts, weather at that time of year is such a gamble!!

Possibly the greatest breakfast ever! Best start to a new year

The necklaces are so pretty! It's going on my NEED list for next week
I know!!
It really is exciting, it seriously made my day.
Oh absolutely! I'm glad those were the first things I ate in 2012!
Yay yay! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydude97 View Post
I've always wondered where that picture of you at the beginning of this trip report came from...now, well I know! That pearl is beautiful!
Haha there ya go! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Such a cute experience! I was watching people do it in December. It was the first time I really watched..I had heard about it, but never paid much attention to it. That was also the first time in that store and its now my favorite!!
Thank you! It really is a cool thing to do, and it can be easily overlooked! And that store is one of my favorites too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathsf View Post
MMMmmmmmm Le Cellier was my FAVORITE Disney Meal on my last trip. The filet was PERFECT and those mashed potatoes are the best in the ENTIRE world I swear! I had the maple creme brulee for dessert and that was my favorite dessert of the trip. Ugh my mouth is watering. Thank goodness your reports are so details so I can live vicariously through you!!!
Ahh I know, I love it every time I go! I completely agree! My Dad is a HUGE fan of that Creme Brulee! Yum. Aww thank you! I'm glad you like them!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #2147
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMG I had no idea you could get the necklaces on ebay,I'm definitely gonna do that for my January trip[!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #2148
sue_88
DIS veteran

I love Mitsukoshi. I started an obsession with Japanese candy the last time I was there.
They have a hard candy that tastes just like coke and it is actually carbonated too. I love that stuff!! I wish there was a teleportation device that I could get that would allow me to pop over to World Showcase every day. It is my favorite place. Why hasn't Disney invented teleporting yet?
Nice update. Your report has been so great!

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 09-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #2149
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I LOVE LE CELLIER SO MUCH!!!!!! Oh it's amazing!!

I picked a pearl too!! It was such a great experience!! The people are so nice!! I actually picked a silver one, but I just got it set on a chain- no carriage for me! Maybe next time!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 09-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #2150
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yummmm, Le Cellier! <3 <3 The Chedder Cheese Soup is to die for. Especially with that pretzel bread. <3 It's like heaven in my mouth!

You can get the necklaces on Ebay? Thanks for that tip! Pick a pearl is definitely something worth doing!

Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 PM   #2151
nannye
DIS Veteran

Loving all the updates! Just wondering, can you post a pic of your pinboard again, I tried searching for it but no luck. I am planning to make one for my 5 year old charge and just wondering how you did yours.
Thanks
Erin

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #2152
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

That's crazy how quickly the crowds disappeared. I always figured people hung around for a few days after New Year's, but I guess not. They just party and head on home.

Mmmmm Le Cellier. I could really go for some pretzel bread right now.

The CMs at Pick-a-pearl sound fantastic. I love people who get that excited about their job. Everyone should take a lesson from those guys.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #2153
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

I am so glad that you guys did Pick a Pearl! I saw it for the first time back in May (DBF lived in Japan, so we spent a LOT of time in Mitsukoshi) but I was too intimidated by the crowds to try it myself. Now I know better for next time!

As always, Le Cellier looks amazing. Maybe the air conditioning was turned up so high to remind people of the chilly Canadian air?
Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #2154
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

OMG I love that CM at Pick-a-Pearl. He is so adorable. I literally watched him for about an hour on my last trip. -Amanda
Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #2155
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMG I had no idea you could get the necklaces on ebay,I'm definitely gonna do that for my January trip[!!!!
Yup you can! Awesome! Glad I could spread the word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
I love Mitsukoshi. I started an obsession with Japanese candy the last time I was there.
They have a hard candy that tastes just like coke and it is actually carbonated too. I love that stuff!! I wish there was a teleportation device that I could get that would allow me to pop over to World Showcase every day. It is my favorite place. Why hasn't Disney invented teleporting yet?
Nice update. Your report has been so great!
I love it too! I haven't had any candy there but that sounds cool!
Oh God, you have no idea how bad I wish teleportation was a real thing!
Aww thank you! It's not over yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I LOVE LE CELLIER SO MUCH!!!!!! Oh it's amazing!!

I picked a pearl too!! It was such a great experience!! The people are so nice!! I actually picked a silver one, but I just got it set on a chain- no carriage for me! Maybe next time!
So do I!
Aww I'm glad you enjoyed it as well! That's really cool! Yes, you'll have to go back again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yummmm, Le Cellier! <3 <3 The Chedder Cheese Soup is to die for. Especially with that pretzel bread. <3 It's like heaven in my mouth!

You can get the necklaces on Ebay? Thanks for that tip! Pick a pearl is definitely something worth doing!
It seriously is! I can't get over how much I love it!
Yes you can! You're welcome! I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Loving all the updates! Just wondering, can you post a pic of your pinboard again, I tried searching for it but no luck. I am planning to make one for my 5 year old charge and just wondering how you did yours.
Thanks
Erin
Thank you! I actually made a pin binder, and here is the post with the pictures! http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=1750

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
That's crazy how quickly the crowds disappeared. I always figured people hung around for a few days after New Year's, but I guess not. They just party and head on home.

Mmmmm Le Cellier. I could really go for some pretzel bread right now.

The CMs at Pick-a-pearl sound fantastic. I love people who get that excited about their job. Everyone should take a lesson from those guys.
I know right?! But if you figure that people stay for a week... NYE may be at the end of their week. Go out with a bang!

I could too. Wahh. My college dinner sucked compared to that!

I know they were so cute! I completely agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
I am so glad that you guys did Pick a Pearl! I saw it for the first time back in May (DBF lived in Japan, so we spent a LOT of time in Mitsukoshi) but I was too intimidated by the crowds to try it myself. Now I know better for next time!

As always, Le Cellier looks amazing. Maybe the air conditioning was turned up so high to remind people of the chilly Canadian air?
Aww you definitely should do it next time! I really enjoyed my experience there!

Bahaha that's probably their reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
OMG I love that CM at Pick-a-Pearl. He is so adorable. I literally watched him for about an hour on my last trip. -Amanda
Isn't he!? I love him! He's so entertaining.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #2156
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

So glad to see you had a good lunch at Le Cellier! I think the filet with truffle butter is one of the best entrees available in a theme park, and that cheese soup seems to have a cult following!

Next year, Le Cellier is supposed to become a 'signature' restaurant for both lunch and dinner. While I don't expect them to remove classic dishes that are currently on the dinner menu (like the filet or cheese soup), I wonder what changes are in store for lunch. Could the chocolate moose disappear for not being of a 'signature' caliber?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:02 AM   #2157
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I just have to say thanks again for letting us in on the idea of getting the necklace on ebay I actually ordered one that day of a Mickey head,I'm going to give it to my daughter for her birthday in October.I'm not going to tell her that anything goes in it and when we go back to WDW in January I'll get her to wear it to epcot and let her pick her pearl YAYYYYY I'm definitely going to get myself the carriage one.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:20 AM   #2158
nannye
DIS Veteran

Thanks Jess For some reason i thought it was a board! I remember now seeing the pics. It also reminded me of the cookbooks. I don't know if you know, but Allears.net has a receipe section, with a lot listed.

A July TRIP REPORT! V's Ultimate Birthday Surprise! with 99 characters and costumes galore! AKA OMG YOU HAVE A DRIZELLA DOLL! UPDATED FINALLY: April 8/13
July 2012, V and I at POR in a RGR
August 2011, V & I @ POP

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #2159
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

"I'm turning my family into a crazy bunch." hahahaha

I have no comment on Le Cellier because what can I even say. The place is Heaven in the form of a Canadian cellar.

OMG I totally know what you mean about the energy of those Japan CMs... I mean, most CMs seem to be into their jobs but those Japanese CMs seem like they are just having the best time in the world. They are so fun to be around.

That was smart to get your charm off Ebay. It's such a cute one too. The necklace turned out perfect! My mom and I decided we're definitely doing it on our next trip together. I can't wait!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #2160
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldDoleWhip View Post
So glad to see you had a good lunch at Le Cellier! I think the filet with truffle butter is one of the best entrees available in a theme park, and that cheese soup seems to have a cult following!

Next year, Le Cellier is supposed to become a 'signature' restaurant for both lunch and dinner. While I don't expect them to remove classic dishes that are currently on the dinner menu (like the filet or cheese soup), I wonder what changes are in store for lunch. Could the chocolate moose disappear for not being of a 'signature' caliber?
Mmm just thinking about it makes me hungry!
Yeah I heard that. I don't think they're remove the chocolate moose because it's a classic. They could always just keep it as a kids option, too. I hope they don't remove it, it's my favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I just have to say thanks again for letting us in on the idea of getting the necklace on ebay I actually ordered one that day of a Mickey head,I'm going to give it to my daughter for her birthday in October.I'm not going to tell her that anything goes in it and when we go back to WDW in January I'll get her to wear it to epcot and let her pick her pearl YAYYYYY I'm definitely going to get myself the carriage one.
You're so welcome. Aww that sounds adorable! I want a mickey shaped one! That's going to be adorable What a great Mom you are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannye View Post
Thanks Jess For some reason i thought it was a board! I remember now seeing the pics. It also reminded me of the cookbooks. I don't know if you know, but Allears.net has a receipe section, with a lot listed.
Haha that's okay! Yup, it's a binder. And oh yeah, I did know they had that! Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
"I'm turning my family into a crazy bunch." hahahaha

I have no comment on Le Cellier because what can I even say. The place is Heaven in the form of a Canadian cellar.

OMG I totally know what you mean about the energy of those Japan CMs... I mean, most CMs seem to be into their jobs but those Japanese CMs seem like they are just having the best time in the world. They are so fun to be around.

That was smart to get your charm off Ebay. It's such a cute one too. The necklace turned out perfect! My mom and I decided we're definitely doing it on our next trip together. I can't wait!
Hahaha it's so bad that I never made the connection that Le Cellier means "the cellar" until may. I guess I have always been so distracted by the food that I've never analyzed the name.

They are AWESOME. I could hang out in Japan all day!

Thank you! You definitely should!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: