Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #2116
rockin2it
Mouseketeer

I love that you went on a fireworks cruise for new years! I also loved reading all the facts that your tour guide told you. I remember going to river country but I was quite little. I would love to see the remains myself instead of just seeing pictures on the Internet.

I love your dorm room! She did you get your calendar. Did you find that in Disney World? I hope you're going to do a trip report for your new trip!

I'm sorry you didn't get a part in the play but I'm excited for you that the musical is going to be Into The Woods! I love that musical!

Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #2117
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Wow! you're almost done! What will you do with yourself then? Oh wait, you have school....
Bahaha seriously. Double majoring will definitely keep me busy, let me tell ya! I actually have the rest of this trip report and the HHI trip report written already.. and it's hard enough to keep up as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Love all of the trivia! I knew a few of the things you listed and a lot of it was new to me, so thank you for sharing! Here is another that you *probably* know (but maybe not everyone reading knows) - John Lennon signed the paperwork that dissolved the Beatles in the Poly!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! You're welcome! And oh my goodness, did he really!?! Ahh that makes me kind of sad! I love the Beatles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin2it View Post
I love that you went on a fireworks cruise for new years! I also loved reading all the facts that your tour guide told you. I remember going to river country but I was quite little. I would love to see the remains myself instead of just seeing pictures on the Internet.

I love your dorm room! She did you get your calendar. Did you find that in Disney World? I hope you're going to do a trip report for your new trip!

I'm sorry you didn't get a part in the play but I'm excited for you that the musical is going to be Into The Woods! I love that musical!
It was wonderful! Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I know, I wish I could too. It's too bad they they don't have some sort of "extinct Disney" tour, you know? That would be awesome.

Thank you! Yeah I got it in WDW last year! And I am hoping to! It might take a long time because of how busy I am, but I will try my hardest. Schoolwork has definitely kicked it up a notch and it's only the first week.

That's okay! Yeah, me too. I just hope I can get in it!
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #2118
flyergrad09
Future Monorail Driver

Oh man, I'm totally jealous that you're going back in 24 (or now 23) days!

That stinks that you didn't get cast. My sister didn't get cast in any of the plays/musicals at her school either, but she's going to be the assistant stage manager for one of their smaller productions, so at least she's still involved in them, like you are too.

Those Disney facts are amazing! I always seem to find the same "little known" facts, but I hadn't heard of most of the ones in your list. I totally don't blame Walt's daughters' husbands for taking on the Disney name!

Those fireworks pictures are amazing, as always!

I can't believe your parents stayed out until 3 AM! Never in a million years could I convince mine to do that, not even for TSM!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #2119
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyergrad09 View Post
Oh man, I'm totally jealous that you're going back in 24 (or now 23) days!

That stinks that you didn't get cast. My sister didn't get cast in any of the plays/musicals at her school either, but she's going to be the assistant stage manager for one of their smaller productions, so at least she's still involved in them, like you are too.

Those Disney facts are amazing! I always seem to find the same "little known" facts, but I hadn't heard of most of the ones in your list. I totally don't blame Walt's daughters' husbands for taking on the Disney name!

Those fireworks pictures are amazing, as always!

I can't believe your parents stayed out until 3 AM! Never in a million years could I convince mine to do that, not even for TSM!
I'M SO EXCITED!

I know, it's sad. But that's okay... at least I still get to do wardrobe and makeup That's the beauty of having crew assignments - at least we are still involved!

I'm glad you liked reading them! I know, they were very interesting!

Thank you so much!

Hahaha they are pretty awesome! I'm surprised they went1 It was so much fun!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #2120
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer

That looks so amazing! I'm totally jealous!

What day are you arriving for Columbus Day weekend? We are leaving that Saturday (Oct. 6) to come home but if you are going to be there a couple days before, I am going to look for you!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #2121
dreamerchic33
Mouseketeer

such amazing updates!!!!!
hope school is going well!
xo
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #2122
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I love your dorm room! So glad you lucked out and didn't get a roommate! I love all your posters and Disney stuff everywhere. It is seriously too perfect. I can imagine anyone who visits you is instantly happy because your room is so perfect.

Your update...OMG. What complete and utter perfection. I'm so glad your family got that memory. The cruise sounds so perfect! I wish I could see Fantasy in the Sky! Maybe one day! You are too adorable with those balloons too!

Your update made me so happy and literally brought tears to my eyes! What a perfect NYE!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #2123
aras4007
Mouseketeer

WOW those fireworks are amazing! I can't believe how much they cost..it doesn't really surprise me when I think about it, but I just can't imagine spending that much on fireworks everyday!
Your dorm room is so cute! Thats awesome you didn't get a roommate. Glad you get to go to Disney in October! Thats exciting! I love the Halloween Party...we are going to the party next Friday!
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #2124
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

YOU are a trickster. How did I not know you were going to Disney so soon? But really.

You already know I love your room. And what my theory is about your future starring roles. You're just in denial about it but whatever.

I actually watched the podcast or whatever they call it of the NYE fireworks (I know it's unAmerican but I really really hate going out on NYE. I always feel like I'm going to be killed) and even I was in awe... I can't even imagine seeing it in person from the lagoon. Amaaaazing.

I just really want to go to Disney for NYE now! I want to ride TSM at 3 am!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 09-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #2125
sue_88
DIS veteran

Fantastic updates! Your family has such amazing memories together.
I really do love all the facts that you gathered from the cruise! Very interesting stuff. The tennis shoes in the trees and Walt never riding Dumbo in public! That is just so important to know for us Disney junkies!
You get some really great family photos. Does your family have Disney photos up all over your house?
I really need you to give me all of your TSM tips. And getting to ride at two in the morning after all the fun stuff you did that day. That is just perfection.

My first trip report. In progress!
Let's Start with Art!! A November 2013 Trip Report
[/URL]
Old 09-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #2126
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

OMG Love the fireworks update and the mickey head photo thing. I may have to borrow that idea for my bedroom!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:10 PM   #2127
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

What fantastic family memories you made on this trip! A perfect NYE for sure. We took our boys to River Country when they were young. We have cute video of them trying out rope swings, etc. We never made it over to Discovery Island but we could see quite a bit going by in the boat - I remember seeing the shoes. Love all your trip reports - thanks for sharing!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM   #2128
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
That looks so amazing! I'm totally jealous!

What day are you arriving for Columbus Day weekend? We are leaving that Saturday (Oct. 6) to come home but if you are going to be there a couple days before, I am going to look for you!
Thanks!

We are arriving on the night of the 4th and then staying until the 8th. Maybe we'll see you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerchic33 View Post
such amazing updates!!!!!
hope school is going well!
xo
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I love your dorm room! So glad you lucked out and didn't get a roommate! I love all your posters and Disney stuff everywhere. It is seriously too perfect. I can imagine anyone who visits you is instantly happy because your room is so perfect.

Your update...OMG. What complete and utter perfection. I'm so glad your family got that memory. The cruise sounds so perfect! I wish I could see Fantasy in the Sky! Maybe one day! You are too adorable with those balloons too!

Your update made me so happy and literally brought tears to my eyes! What a perfect NYE!
Thank you! I know, I'm so happy! It's great to have a quiet place to go back to so I can get some homework accomplished. Thank you so much! I love it too! And LOL somebody literally said yesterday "I just walk in here and I instantly become happy." So funny.

It seriously was. I had SUCH an amazing time, and we did make wonderful memories for sure! It really was perfect. I hope you get to one day! And aww thank you!

Aww that's adorable! Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
WOW those fireworks are amazing! I can't believe how much they cost..it doesn't really surprise me when I think about it, but I just can't imagine spending that much on fireworks everyday!
Your dorm room is so cute! Thats awesome you didn't get a roommate. Glad you get to go to Disney in October! Thats exciting! I love the Halloween Party...we are going to the party next Friday!
They were! I know, it's absolutely INSANE. But if Disney has the money to spend, by all means please spend it! They make everything perfect!

Thank you so much! And yes, it's a wonderful thing!

I am glad too! I can't even wait! And ahh have an AMAZING time! I just bought my halloween party tickets tonight! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
YOU are a trickster. How did I not know you were going to Disney so soon? But really.

You already know I love your room. And what my theory is about your future starring roles. You're just in denial about it but whatever.

I actually watched the podcast or whatever they call it of the NYE fireworks (I know it's unAmerican but I really really hate going out on NYE. I always feel like I'm going to be killed) and even I was in awe... I can't even imagine seeing it in person from the lagoon. Amaaaazing.

I just really want to go to Disney for NYE now! I want to ride TSM at 3 am!
Hahaha I didn't publicize it very much, that's probably why.

Thank you again! And you're too sweet lol. I hope I'll get cast someday!

I don't blame you... there have been many years where I have stayed in on New Year's Ever! I'm glad you watched the podcast though! It was absolutely INCREDIBLE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_88 View Post
Fantastic updates! Your family has such amazing memories together.
I really do love all the facts that you gathered from the cruise! Very interesting stuff. The tennis shoes in the trees and Walt never riding Dumbo in public! That is just so important to know for us Disney junkies!
You get some really great family photos. Does your family have Disney photos up all over your house?
I really need you to give me all of your TSM tips. And getting to ride at two in the morning after all the fun stuff you did that day. That is just perfection.
Thank you! We really do - I am so thankful!
I know, I was so intrigued by everything! It was awesome!
Thanks! We don't have a ton on display, but there are lots of them in my room!
Haha my biggest tip is just going on it over and over again! It's a matter of getting familiar with the game. And YES that was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
OMG Love the fireworks update and the mickey head photo thing. I may have to borrow that idea for my bedroom!
Thank you! Haha that would be really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdkeim View Post
What fantastic family memories you made on this trip! A perfect NYE for sure. We took our boys to River Country when they were young. We have cute video of them trying out rope swings, etc. We never made it over to Discovery Island but we could see quite a bit going by in the boat - I remember seeing the shoes. Love all your trip reports - thanks for sharing!
We really did! It was beyond perfect! Aww that's adorable! It's great that you have video from there! I wish we did. We have a little bit from Discovery Island but not enough for me to really get the layout. And aww thanks! Thank YOU for reading!
Old 09-12-2012, 12:10 AM   #2129
DonaldDoleWhip
DIS Veteran

No wonder you stopped by MK earlier in the night to take in the atmosphere - so you could go on the most awesome New Year's Eve fireworks cruise ever! That looks like a fantastic experience with your family. (and I love that you got to keep the dessert tray - I could really use one of those red velvet slices right about now )

As fun as it is being in the parks on those days, the crowds are just insane. We had a lot of fun spending New Year's Eve in Epcot (the show is so, so cool, and every World Showcase pavilion is like one big party), but we equally loved watching the MK New Year's fireworks from our balcony at Poly or CR. Now more than ever, I'm missing WDW at Christmastime/New Year (thanks to your report ).

And I love all the trivia. My mom told me I used to love visiting Discovery Island, but I don't remember stepping foot on it. I just remember all the old WDW planning videos that mentioned it.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #2130
Disneyalltheway
Earning My Ears

Hi Jess, love your New Year's postings, you have me so excited to spend New Year's there now! I booked my kids in for the pirates league that day and then the pirates and pals fireworks cruise. I also have a BOG ressie for Christmas day! I have to figure out how I can convince my husband to try to get new ressies for Kona and 1900 Park Fare though since I've had to drop both of those!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: