Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #196
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Yay!!! I'm so happy you love your school!

WOW that is MAJOR sketch!! I would not be very happy there!! I hope everything turns out ok, though!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 01-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #197
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I am so so happy to hear that things are going well so far! I know you were feeling good about your decision prior to starting the semester, but it's always a relief once you're there and able to know for sure that things are just as great as you pictured.

I was reading your description about the hotel, and I was giving it a little bit of a head tilt, because I guess we all are just used to the way Disney runs things, but my jaw dropped when you got to the part about asking your mom if her husband was there and then blowing her off when he wasn't. RUDITY.

Look, even Audrey Hepburn is judging her.

Anyway. Yeah, that whole situation sounds completely sketch. On the plus side, I have the same iPhone cover as you, and you look so adorable in that picture!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #198
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

YAY YAY YAY for LOVING your college!!!!!!!!!

So yea after reading what you wrote about the sketchy resort and its employees I was feelin not so great about it either...eeeekkk...creepy.
Donald sounded like a creeper...ick.
AND all the furniture is like OLD and way outdated...interested to see how you and your mother handle this resort...dun dun dunnnn.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #199
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

JESS! That's so awesome! I'm so so so excited for you.

Okay ew. Are yall kinda stuck with Interval (or whatever it was, I forgot already) now or can you cancel the membership or something?

I'M THE SAME WAY. If I'm in the Orlando area you'd best believe that I am not going anywhere but Disney. Yeah, I like big rollercoasters and thrill rides but my local amusement parks have plenty of those. And I'm not into Harry Potter so there's no reason to go. THANK GOODNESS.

That just... that is just so sketch. Ugh. It was something that you had payed for in advance, so there is absolutely no reason they'd need a credit card. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that yall didn't stay there!!! (Wishful thinking.)

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #200
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
In honor of your 'listen to Disney music daily' lifestyle, I honored you today with the Wishes soundtrack and main street electrical parade soundtrack at work today. You are right, it does make the day better
Oh yay! That's wonderful. I'm so glad it brightened your day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
During our September trip, we stayed at our other time share place and we felt exactly the same way. And ours had those mirrors every where too. And even though we already owned points, they called us constantly to try to get us to come to a "free breakfast". I quit answering the phone and they sent a maintenance man up to check and see if our phone was working. It was so annoying.

I was so happy get checked in at Saratoga Springs for the last few days of our trip. We vowed to never stay off property again if we could help it. So I completely understand how you felt.
I'm glad we had a similar experience! And AHHH the free breakfast! I can't tell you how many times I heard that haha. I can't believe they called so many times that they actually noticed there was no one answering the phone!

Ahh Saratoga Springs. What a relief. That's what we have decided too! I mean, the off sites near DTD aren't that bad, but at least in the area we were in, never again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyLuvrLauren View Post
Hi Jess! Ive started reading your TR and its sooo good! I'm really enjoying it so far, so keep up the good work!
Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Yayy it worked! I'm so glad! Ew that place is mega sketch LOL. Good thing I'm in on all this hehehe.
Thank goodness! I couldn't have posted the update without you!
And yeah it was hahaha. You have no idea how much more I appreciate Disney resorts now LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I remember when DVC used to exchange with Interval International. We never did it before, but that stinks that they were so icky.

That's the thing that I hate about all other timeshares that are not Disney. I went to Las Vegas with my cousin and we used her timeshare while we were there. Well, as soon as we checked in, it was all about "you want to buy this, take our tour, buy-in more, blah blah blah". It was so annoying! I looked right at her and said "they don't do this at Disney. FYI."
Yup! Back in the day. It's a shame they stopped because we haven't found many good places to stay since then.
I'm sorry you had that experience in Las Vegas! With DVC you never have to worry because it's like guaranteed that the place you're going will be nice. With other timeshares it can be hit or miss I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I am so happy for you that switching schools has been an awesome experience

Ugh about the accomodations....I would have been seriously creeped with an employee that stayed in the hotel room for that long, hopefully things improved for you guys

Can't wait to hear more
Aww thank you so much! I'm so glad it's working out!
Yeah, that was really not a fun experience lol. You will have to see what happens...!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
So glad to hear that your first week at your new school went so well!

And, while I can assure you that there are some perfectly nice places offsite, I'm getting the creeps from this place too and I wasn't even there.
Thank you so much!
Oh yeah, definitely! I know like the Wyndam (is that what it's called?) and the double tree and others in that DTD area are very nice. This one just wasn't too good! Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
So glad you're happy at your new school! Are you near to home?

We stayed at a Westgate timeshare in Orlando that my parents actually purchased for the purpose of a big Disney trip for me and my family, my brothers, their wives and the grandchildren. It was our first family Disney trip (I'd stayed at Coronado Springs for a conference the year before) since 1985 and I was so jealous of everyone that was staying on property! Thank goodness, my immediate family booked an extra four days (after a week at the timeshare) at POR. We were constantly lost trying to get from Disney to the timeshare--no problem getting to Disney, but we seriously got lost every time! We actually knew where we were, but couldn't get back. Ended up in Celebration. Ended up on a toll road with no change. Ended up on the way to the airport. It was a crazy nightmare.

Pretty much as soon as that trip was over I was plotting the next trip and my mom and dad said that if we ever went to Disney again that they'd like to stay with us. I said, "OK, but when we go again, we are staying on Disney property and we are all doing the dining plan." Thankfully they agreed!

Since you had two trips the same month, I can completely understand staying offsite for one---I hope it turned out ok and that Donald was not seen again!
Thank you! I'm about an hour from my house, but that's because I live in a weird location. However, people would consider this college to be "local" because it's only 25-30 minutes from the main city! So it's perfect! Now my friends are more likely to come visit me! Yay! haha

Ahh I'm sorry your resort situation was so complicated! I guess it worked out that you got to stay at POR in the end though! LOL we had such a hard time navigating our way around, too! Not that bad because we had my handy dandy GPS, but still, we had a lot of turn arounds and such.

Yay for them agreeing! You just can't compare to the service and quality of Disney resorts. Seriously!!

Yes, that's what we thought too LOL. Don't worry, we didn't see Donald again haha. But yes, you guys will have to wait and see how this all turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I was excited for you when you said Westgate Villas because a former student of mine and her parents own a property there and I went to visit theirs and it was BEAUTIFUL. I was really upset when I saw the pics of yours Theirs was all black leather furniture, stainless steel appliances with multiple bedrooms and was beautiful. I can't believe that villa was on the same property!!!!! So sorry for that yuck of a room!! The resort is very large though! Did you end up staying there the whole time??!!! There are so many other horrible places off property in that same area lol. I live about 5 mins from that resort
Oh wow, that does sound really nice!! I'm glad that we're not the only ones who thought our room was outdated! That's so crazy. It is a VERY large resort... I would never have found my way out of there if it wasn't for my Mom lol. And well... I don't want to give it away, but my Mother and I REALLY like Disney resorts... so you will have to wait and see! You will probably find out within the next update or so And yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of that whole strip. But hey, you are VERY close to Disney so that is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyatheart90 View Post
Hey I just started reading your TR and am loving it.

I"m sorry you got weird vibes from Westgate, I stay there all the time and love it, I've also stayed in Disney resorts and love that too but we don't always have the money for it. The question about if your dad was there may have seem sketchy but really she was trying to sell you a timeshare and since your mom is married your dad needs to sign as well if she had decide to buy the timeshare. I agree the whole Universal thing is advertise everywhere but they have a movie theater in the main lobby that plays Disney movies everyday. Another thing I think the reason the employee stayed for awhile is to make sure you were fine with the accommodations and that everything was working fine, reason why he ran through everything with you.

It looks like you guys got a older room, where much of the building are newer reason where they were trying to look a lot newer on the outside, reason why they're was some tacky looking furniture. I've read your other TR and know your love for Stacey and I'm sorry you had issues with her channel I've never had.

It really is a nice place to stay but I understand that you love your Disney resorts, it's usually busier in the summer than during the winter.

Ok sorry about the whole Westgate spiel just wanted to just wanted to inform you about it and clear up a few things that seemed to somewhat bother you (best way I could put it). Oh and the Thomas train is kinda random but cute since it goes around the villa it's a little train ride for the kids.
Thank you!

Ahh I meant to write a disclaimer about how I didn't want to offend anyone who likes this resort, but with the whole picture uploading fiasco I forgot to add it in.

All of the conclusions you stated are true, and I recognized those when we were there. But I think just the fact that it was only my mom and me staying in this slightly sketchy area that we had never been to before was overwhelming for both of us. I'm sorry if it came off in a bad way.

And about Donald, I'm sure he was doing his job, but I have experienced people checking us in like that before and his way of doing it was definitely on the creepy side. But I mean, there's nothing we can do about it now. It was just an observation.

Yeah, I heard about the newer rooms and that they're pretty nice! Hmm I guess we just got stuck in an old one. I missed Stacey! Maybe it was just our TV.

I just don't think anything can compare to Disney resorts, so this was a slight reality shock. I don't mean to bash the resort, it just wasn't what we expected. I mean, we didn't expect Disney resort accommodations, of course, but this was just wayy off the charts in our opinion.

Yes, thank you! I'm sorry if I offended you or any other Westgate Villa guest in any way! I guess that everyone just has different preferences haha. And the Thomas Train was kind of cute. My brother used to LOVE the Thomas show when he was little, so it was nice to see that he's still around haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
nice Santa Mickey t-shirt!
Thank you! I got it at Target on Black Friday for $5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketkat View Post
I'm so glad your new school is so wonderful!!!

Yikes to that place you're staying...how uh....

I love your festive shirt!!!
Thank you so much! I am too!
Yeah, that was somethin' alright! LOL
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Yay!!! I'm so happy you love your school!

WOW that is MAJOR sketch!! I would not be very happy there!! I hope everything turns out ok, though!
Me too! Thank you!
Yeah, we definitely weren't! You'll all have to wait and see what happens! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
I am so so happy to hear that things are going well so far! I know you were feeling good about your decision prior to starting the semester, but it's always a relief once you're there and able to know for sure that things are just as great as you pictured.

I was reading your description about the hotel, and I was giving it a little bit of a head tilt, because I guess we all are just used to the way Disney runs things, but my jaw dropped when you got to the part about asking your mom if her husband was there and then blowing her off when he wasn't. RUDITY.

Look, even Audrey Hepburn is judging her.

Anyway. Yeah, that whole situation sounds completely sketch. On the plus side, I have the same iPhone cover as you, and you look so adorable in that picture!
It definitely is! I was happy I was transferring, but you never know if it's all in your head. Thankfully, every day I am here, I just realize how much of a good decision this was. I wouldn't have it any other way. I really think that I was meant to go here!

Yeah, I know right!? I think they wanted to sell us a timeshare and my Dad's presence was required, but still. My Mom was just uncomfortable with the question.

HAHAHA great picture.

Yeah, it was quite a situation! But aww thank you! That iPhone cover is the best! However, I drop my phone a lot so I cracked the top of the case a few times LOL. Oh well. It's still holding up for now! Thankfully I have two backup cases for when it breaks haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
YAY YAY YAY for LOVING your college!!!!!!!!!

So yea after reading what you wrote about the sketchy resort and its employees I was feelin not so great about it either...eeeekkk...creepy.
Donald sounded like a creeper...ick.
AND all the furniture is like OLD and way outdated...interested to see how you and your mother handle this resort...dun dun dunnnn.
YAYYY I'm so happy I can't even tell you! Thank you!
Yeah... it was just sketchy. We were not feelin too good about it. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was outdated!
You guys will find out shortly...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
JESS! That's so awesome! I'm so so so excited for you.

Okay ew. Are yall kinda stuck with Interval (or whatever it was, I forgot already) now or can you cancel the membership or something?

I'M THE SAME WAY. If I'm in the Orlando area you'd best believe that I am not going anywhere but Disney. Yeah, I like big rollercoasters and thrill rides but my local amusement parks have plenty of those. And I'm not into Harry Potter so there's no reason to go. THANK GOODNESS.

That just... that is just so sketch. Ugh. It was something that you had payed for in advance, so there is absolutely no reason they'd need a credit card. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that yall didn't stay there!!! (Wishful thinking.)
Thank you so much! I am SO much happier!
Hmm well I guess that there's a way to sell it, but we have to figure out how it works. My Dad was thinking about selling that and then investing in more DVC points in the future... so I mean, that would be AWESOME! However, that probably wouldn't happen for like 1-4 years from now. Who really knows. At least the idea is in his head!
I'm so glad you understand haha. I mean, when I do my DCP maybe I will have someone who will go to Universal with me for a day and show me around, but considering I don't like Harry Potter, I have no desire to leave Disney. Except maybe I would go to SeaWorld. But I don't know lol
I know, right? Ugh that whole situation was somethin' alright. You will have to wait and see....!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #201
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I am so happy you are having such a wonderful time at school!!! It sounds perfect for you there. Yay!

Oh man... I remember you guys telling us about that terrible offsite place when we were at Epcot. That's all I'll say for now cause I don't want to give away what ended up happening...but I will say, Disney Property all the way!!!!

I hate the area outside of Disney property. I know there are some really nice areas surrounding Orlando, but the tacky tourist highways are NOT cute. I hate all the stores with fake Disney crap and huge glowy signs with painted Mickeys on them that don't even look like Mickey...uuuuuuuuuggggggggh. I didn't realize it, but before this last trip, I hadn't left Disney property on one of my trips since 2006. It's so much better to be in the bubble the whole time!
Old 01-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #202
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Regarding Universal, I do think it's worth checking out once, especially since you can easily fit in both parks in one day and they're right across the walkway from each other. The Spiderman ride is pretty cool and so is the technology they use for the main Harry Potter ride. Although since they got rid of Jaws, I think we're breaking up with Universal for awhile. We actually decided that next time we do a long Disney vacation, we'll use the day we typically see Universal and go to SeaWorld, just to check it out. I'll definitely let you know how it is!
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV

*NEW!!!* August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 01-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #203
pixidustmom
Dreaming of the World

All caught up. Finished the last trip and looking forward to the two combined ones.
Glad your enjoying your new school and major. I was so into my drama classes in high school. Even lettered it in. I would have died to have the chance you have. Instead I got excited to start a family instead.
I have some sad news. You know how I was planning my trip with the whole family including the grand kids. Well I had a very bad health scare, I have pulmonary embolism (several clots in my left lung). So any monies for a trip our out of the question since I have no insurance. The worst part is that is my biggest worry. I know I will be fine in time but I wanted this trip so bad!! I dream, sleep, eat Disney. I know you understand that feeling. So not having a time frame to ever get to go is breaking my heart more than I can say. My family thinks I am nuts as they said I shouldn't worry about that but I do. It's just something inside that I can't shake. It's the one place I feel so good at. I wanted to share this love with my grand kids. ugh!!
Anyway, thank you for sharing your stories, I do love to read them.

Come check out my pre trip report.http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3254412
POFQ 1996POR 2006 and 2009 Going to POP 2014 Disneyland too many to count
Old 01-21-2012, 02:41 PM   #204
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I'm so glad you're enjoying your new college. I bet you'll have the best year now!

Your hotel sounded creepy! I would have felt uncomfortable being asked those questions as well. And the bagage man....CREE-PEE!

I hope you kept your belongings close.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM   #205
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Yay that you are loving your new school! Your class schedule sounds like so much fun, especially the dance class .

Sad that you guys ended up staying off property . Hopefully the resort ends up improving a lot. I just had 2 laugh when you guys were comparing everything 2 Disney, that is EXACTLY what I do when i go anywhere in orlando that isn't disney. I also completely understand how annoyed you were about the advertising of other orlando theme parks. I really don't understand how you go 2 orlando and NOT at least WANT to spend any time in Disney .

That place does sound super sketchy. I probably would have been really creeped out if a hotel worker spent that much time in my room.

LOVE the mickey santa ears! I have a pair just like them, I use them as a decoration during the christmas season! I also happen to have the same shirt you are wearing in the pic as well, It really is super cute!
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #206
cocofifi
Mouseketeer

I love, love, love all of your trip reports! So entertaining. It's refreshing to see you having a good time with your mom. My little girl is 7 - I hope she still wants to go to Disney with me when she's your age!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #207
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

I know it must feel like a foreign land staying off property. That place didn't look that bad. But I know ow I would feel if I were to stay off property too so I understand.

The Thomas the Train was cute. My nephew loves him.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .
Old 01-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #208
Vwdiva93
DIS Veteran

Hey Jess! Joining in kinda late, but that's because this is probably my first times being on the DIS so far in 2012. haha I think I'm going to make it one of my resolutions to come on here more often! It's just hard though because I have no trips at all in my future until I do the DCP.

I'm so glad you finally found the right college! I went (and am still going through) pretty much what you did at your first school as well. I definitely thought I had chosen the perfect school too but I haven't clicked with anyone here really and have been thinking about transferring. It also hasn't helped that my school is about 3 1/2 hours away from my home Enough of my sob story though, haha. That's cool that you're taking ballet! I took it last semester and oh my gosh it was actually hard! I wasn't expecting it to be so intense, and I remember my calves were insanely sore for the first 2 weeks! It was a really interesting class though, I just wish I was better at it!

Anyways, I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trips and I'm so excited to hear about your audition! I hope to audition for fun one day so I'm anxiously awaiting your post about your experience!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 PM   #209
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I'm so happy for you that you are finally loving your college experience! College can be such a fun time and a good growing up experience.

Awwwww, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience (why am I saying that word so much today?) with the Time Share. In 2009 we spent one night with DH's parents in their Time Share, the Hilton grand Vacation Club. It was AMAZING! Beautiful granite counter top, huge tub in the master bathroom, beautiful fountain in the middle of the lake, nice big pool. Everything looked so luxurious! Like, Grand Floridian luxurious, but at a fraction of the price. Plus, we could literally walk to the Premium Outlets. Yay for shopping!

But, despite how amazing it looked and our great time there, we refused their offer of staying there for our honeymoon in favor of staying at POP Century. It may not be nearly as luxurious, but nothing beats being on Disney property.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #210
POLY1985
DIS Veteran

Jess, I'm so glad you are happy at your new college. Best of luck with all that.

I have to confess I am a Disney snob. Part of the fun of going to Disney is staying there. Even if someone were to give me a free place to stay offsite, I think it would ruin the trip for me. After spending all day in the parks, the thought of leaving the property would be too upsetting. I like heading back to my resort and seeing all my hidden Mickey's.

2014 Old Key West 2013 Animal Kingdom Villas
2012 Wilderness Lodge
BELLE & THE 3 BEASTS JUNE 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45239041
2007 Wilderness Lodge
August 2007 Dining Review http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1556109

2003 Wilderness Lodge
2000 All Star Movies 1998 Fort Wilderness Cabins
1993 Caribbean Beach 1985 Polynesian - Honeymoon1976/1979 Fort Wilderness campground

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: