Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #1546
therussells08
Roger, Simba One!

Location: ...just beyond the meadows of joy and the valley of contentment!

Aww wow all of those Christmas stories are so great! I had heard that Rudolph was created that way, but I didn't know it was to pay for his wife's treatments!

Good call on lying on the pink rug, James! Those pictures are amazing!

YAY for food incentives! I wish someone would offer me a Mickey rice krispie treat every time I get somewhere on time. I'd be a lot more motivated that way!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #1547
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Awesome Post! I love Mickey Krispies!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #1548
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

I love this Christmas tour more and more as you go along!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #1549
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I love the photography tip! I am going to lay myself on that pink rug, and yes, my family will look at me like I am nuts, and then will walk away like they don't know me! LOL!
BUT, I will have an awesome pic of the GF tree to put in my scrapbook!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 07-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #1550
Reberella
Mouseketeer

That tour looks really really cool! I would definitely want to try it out some day!
My mom LOVES the original Miracle on 34th Street! She used to tell me that that actor was the real Santa Claus! Hahaha yay for Mickey treats!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #1551
ReneeDisney
Off to Neverland.....

Just read both of your December trip reports. Great photos!!! And great storytelling. Looking forward to more!!!

Old 07-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #1552
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Now I really hope that the tree is up when we go because I am SOOOO laying on the floor to take that picture! I may not get back up because my knee is bad, but it'll be worth it!

What an amazing tour! I hope someday that when Kadence get older we can do some of the tours.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #1553
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

Wow I don't even know which story I love best of all the ones you've shared....I had no idea that Rudolph was written for that purpose, or that Miracle on 34th Street was filmed live during the Macy's parade...too cool!

I love your shots of the GF Christmas tree...his advice obviously worked!

Old 07-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #1554
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Dinner at Cali Grill looked amazing, as usual. We LOVED our meal there. And I am soooooo bummed we won't have the chance to eat there again before it's shut down for its big refurb.

The Christmas tour looks like so much fun! Lots of neat stories and a chance to really get to see all the amazing decorations. Thanks for taking us along! Way off on the horizon is a possible Disney trip around Christmastime (probably 2014). I can't seem to decide between going the second week in November (so we catch the end of Food and Wine and the start of the Christmas parties and Osbourne Lights), or going in early December (when all the resort decorations will definitely be up). I'm so torn! Food and Wine is literally my favorite time to be at Disney, but I'm worried we won't get the full Christmas effect. At least I have more than a year to decide before I have to make my DVC reservation!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 07-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #1555
pirateprincess1976
Mouseketeer

Location: 2 1/2 hour plane ride from the Happiest Place on Earth

That tour sounds like so much fun! I love Christmas and I love Disney, sounds like it's right up my alley Love all the interesting facts. I had always thought the Christmas parade was taped on Christmas day until my sister and I had the opportunity to go to Disney in the beginning of December in 2001 and walked into the Magic Kingdom on our first park day to a big sign saying they were taping the Christmas parade at 9 and 11. Regis and Kelly were there, my sis grabbed pics of them. Coolest Disney experience I've had
Pop Century 2005,2007,2011,2013,2014

Art of Animation 2013
Trip reports: Sept2013 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186145 May2014 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3279242
Old 07-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #1556
Disney Bubbles
Earning My Ears

Wow, that tour looks like so much fun!

I love that you actually did lay down on the floor to take the picture. (great picture by the way, haha) I'd probably be to embarrassed

I actually watched the Disney parade this past Christmas for the first time. On Christmas morning!!! It was super magical
Old 07-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #1557
beachphotog
Pass me a margarita

Great update, can't wait to hear about the conclusion of the tour!
Love the tip about laying on the pink carpet, I'll have to try that when I'm there in November!

Follow me on twitter: @beachphotog
And on Instagram: smk31
Old 07-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #1558
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08 View Post
Aww wow all of those Christmas stories are so great! I had heard that Rudolph was created that way, but I didn't know it was to pay for his wife's treatments!

Good call on lying on the pink rug, James! Those pictures are amazing!

YAY for food incentives! I wish someone would offer me a Mickey rice krispie treat every time I get somewhere on time. I'd be a lot more motivated that way!
I'm glad you like them! Aww I know, that was so sad!
Haha thank you! I know, he's brilliant.
Seriously, right!?! I would get so much more accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Awesome Post! I love Mickey Krispies!!
Thank you! Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I love this Christmas tour more and more as you go along!
I'm so glad! The last update of the tour is the coolest one - stay tuned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Qtz0205 View Post
I love the photography tip! I am going to lay myself on that pink rug, and yes, my family will look at me like I am nuts, and then will walk away like they don't know me! LOL!
BUT, I will have an awesome pic of the GF tree to put in my scrapbook!
I'm glad you like it! Haha go right ahead! You only live once, right!? It's so worth it for the picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
That tour looks really really cool! I would definitely want to try it out some day!
My mom LOVES the original Miracle on 34th Street! She used to tell me that that actor was the real Santa Claus! Hahaha yay for Mickey treats!

You should! It was wonderful!
Aww that's adorable! And seriously - he seems like the real santa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeDisney View Post
Just read both of your December trip reports. Great photos!!! And great storytelling. Looking forward to more!!!
Wow, thank you so much! I'm glad you have enjoyed them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Now I really hope that the tree is up when we go because I am SOOOO laying on the floor to take that picture! I may not get back up because my knee is bad, but it'll be worth it!

What an amazing tour! I hope someday that when Kadence get older we can do some of the tours.
Hahaha you definitely should! I'm sure someone would help you up! And if not... it's fine because you could just chill out in the Grand Floridian. Not a bad place to be stuck, am I right?

Aww I hope you get to, too! They are amazing experiences!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
Wow I don't even know which story I love best of all the ones you've shared....I had no idea that Rudolph was written for that purpose, or that Miracle on 34th Street was filmed live during the Macy's parade...too cool!

I love your shots of the GF Christmas tree...his advice obviously worked!
Aww I'm glad you liked them! I was LOVING all of the information! I'm so glad I wrote it all down!

Thank you! I'm glad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Dinner at Cali Grill looked amazing, as usual. We LOVED our meal there. And I am soooooo bummed we won't have the chance to eat there again before it's shut down for its big refurb.

The Christmas tour looks like so much fun! Lots of neat stories and a chance to really get to see all the amazing decorations. Thanks for taking us along! Way off on the horizon is a possible Disney trip around Christmastime (probably 2014). I can't seem to decide between going the second week in November (so we catch the end of Food and Wine and the start of the Christmas parties and Osbourne Lights), or going in early December (when all the resort decorations will definitely be up). I'm so torn! Food and Wine is literally my favorite time to be at Disney, but I'm worried we won't get the full Christmas effect. At least I have more than a year to decide before I have to make my DVC reservation!
Aww I know! I didn't even know it was getting a huge refurb! Ah well.. I'm sure it'll be great after it's all fixed up!

It was AMAZING! I'm glad you enjoyed hearing about it! Hmmm I wouldn't know what to do in that case because both times are so great and so not crowded! I guess it depends on your priorities - food and wine or christmas decor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
That tour sounds like so much fun! I love Christmas and I love Disney, sounds like it's right up my alley Love all the interesting facts. I had always thought the Christmas parade was taped on Christmas day until my sister and I had the opportunity to go to Disney in the beginning of December in 2001 and walked into the Magic Kingdom on our first park day to a big sign saying they were taping the Christmas parade at 9 and 11. Regis and Kelly were there, my sis grabbed pics of them. Coolest Disney experience I've had
It was! I'm sure you would really enjoy it! Aww oh my gosh that's SUCH a cool story! How lucky - I LOVE Regis and Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Bubbles View Post
Wow, that tour looks like so much fun!

I love that you actually did lay down on the floor to take the picture. (great picture by the way, haha) I'd probably be to embarrassed

I actually watched the Disney parade this past Christmas for the first time. On Christmas morning!!! It was super magical
It was amazing!

Hahaha I was a little hesitant but James kept telling me to do it... so I did. I'm glad my Mom took a picture of me so the moment was documented!

Did you? That's so cute! I have never actually watched it, isn't that terrible!? I really need to do that next year since I won't be in Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
Great update, can't wait to hear about the conclusion of the tour!
Love the tip about laying on the pink carpet, I'll have to try that when I'm there in November!
I can't wait to tell about it - it's really awesome!

Thank you! You definitely should!
Old 07-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #1559
katt789
DIS Veteran

This tour's sounding like a ton of fun! I like the idea of it! Baha! I won't lie, the move it shake it celebrate it is something that *I* know the choreo too I think it might have something to do with the amount of times it runs during the day. I've definitely seen a lot of CM's doing it.

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #1560
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
This tour's sounding like a ton of fun! I like the idea of it! Baha! I won't lie, the move it shake it celebrate it is something that *I* know the choreo too I think it might have something to do with the amount of times it runs during the day. I've definitely seen a lot of CM's doing it.
It was AWESOME! I definitely recommend it. Haha do you? Well, you're a dancer, right? So I am glad that you picked up on it All of the CM's know it... it's hilarious!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: