Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West > Las Vegas
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
GSUJillybean
Mouseketeer

Anyone here get married in Vegas?

I think I'm planning an October wedding. I've never been there.

Help?
GSUJillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #2
sonnyjane
DIS Veteran

I haven't, but three of my friends have! What type of wedding are you looking for? One of them eloped just the two of them, and the other two of my friends booked pre-arranged packages with their resorts (one was at Bellagio, one at Mandalay Bay). The two that got married at the hotels had smaller parties (roughly 30 people), but still had a traditional wedding in a "chapel"-type room followed by receptions at trendy restaurants.
sonnyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
GrandBob
Grand events should not go unnoticed
That's the Disney master plan!
For a carnivore, it was very good indeed

Yep, our friends got married at Bellagio too. Just the wedding couple, plus DW and I to act as witnesses. I'm guessing they purchased a rather high end package - they could afford it, and were treated like royalty. We got to tag along with them and the photographer for the wedding shots. Got to go through lots of off-limits areas - it was lots of fun, and beautiful.

-Bob
GrandBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Yes! Eloped. Loved it. Half the fun was in the spontaneity. I couldn't imagine going there and planning a wedding
Old 03-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #5
Colo Nana
Gramma of 2, loves all things Disney!!

Yup got married at the little chapel of flowers, good price, great staff & awesome pics. Used their limo service to & from the chapel as well. Gl & congrats, oh it was also brodcast on internet for ppl that couldnt be there...
Old 03-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #6
StageTek
It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

Yep.

Twice.
StageTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #7
malibuconlee
OOH - I think I've finally figured out the multi-quote feature!
Don't forget to get your drink of water from the "Fountain of Youth!!"

Very late to weigh in, but yep, we were married there. It will be 15 years ago this October.

Just a note, it's not like in the movies/on TV. You do actually have to go downtown to get your marriage license LOL You don't just shop up and get married LOL

We planned it. No elopement, but we also went alone.

malibuconlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

We were married in Las Vegas a few years ago. We used the Viva Las Vegas wedding chapel and got married in the Do Wop Diner by Elvis. It was tacky but we loved it.
Leafsgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer

Yes, we did. We actually had our bachelor and bachelorette party there the week before our planned wedding ceremony/reception back in San Diego. Our wedding ceremony/reception was on Thanksgiving weekend so for us, it worked our great because we had friends and family fly into Las Vegas on Saturday morning. We went downtown first to get the marriage license and then once all of our friends and family flew in, we had dinner together. From there, we went to the "clubs" and met back at the Little White Wedding Chapel at 2am to get married by Elvis. We had about 30 of our friends and family actually make the trip to Las Vegas and we figured, why not get married in Las Vegas instead of getting married in San Diego where you basically stand in line at the court house and pay $50. This way, we'll def remember our wedding night and it was so fun.

When we finally woke up on Sunday morning, to top off the weekend, my wife was trying to show her friend how to play one of the nickel slots and in leaning over, she accidentally hit the Max Bet button and luckily hit the jackpot. It wasn't anything that would put us on the news but it was enought o cover our expenses for the weekend so it was a nice way to cap it off until the reception with our parents and other friends and family that couldn't make it. It was a good sized wedding of about 175 people but getting married in Vegas was so fun.

We actually looked into those wedding packages at the Bellagio and such. They're actually really nice and not as expesnive as we thought it might be. They're still pricey but not as pricey as we thought. At the end of the day we didn't do that just because of the logistics of getting our parents and ohter guests there so we just figured that we'd saved the
"main" reception for the Saturday after thanksgiving and stick with our wedding at the Little White Wedding Chapel.

If you're thinking about doing it, make it big and fun. All of our friends that went and we told our plans to, loved it and were so excited to be part of our Vegas wedding.
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
DisneytheKid
A bad attempt at Billy the Kid

It really depends on what kind of wedding you are looking for. I have had friends getting married in the chapels on the strip and others who do the fancy weddings at the hotels...
Countless times during the 80's and 90's
DisneytheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #11
mr.bungle
DIS Veteran

My wife and I got married at the MGM Grand almost 4 years ago. We did a package through their chapel which was cool because we had been planning a traditional wedding locally and were getting fed up of rising costs and vendors, etc. MGM has some nice packages. We planned the reception separate of the ceremony and just had everyone do a lunch at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the MGM and then we took a break and everyone went out on the strip that night. We really enjoyed it and wouldn't have changed it for the world. At the time we lived in So Cal so it was easy for people to get there and it was a nice test to see who actually cares about you (made the drive out there) as opposed to a free booze party (local wedding). We had around 35 people total, mostly family.

A few things that were a slight bummer but not too bad.
- We booked everything like 6 months or more in advance, and had significance to our date. After we booked, the hotel decided to have a De la Hoya/ Pacquiao fight the same night as our wedding. So, the hotel was booked solid and packed.
- The marathon was the morning after our wedding and we got to wake up to a helicopter outside our window at 6am.
- The rodeo was in town as well.
- OJ Simpson was being sentenced at the courthouse the day/time we were scheduled to go there to get our mariage license.

It is pretty cool going around the strip in your wedding duds and sometimes people walking by can be generous (give gifts) towards the newly weds. I think overall we spent around $10k.
mr.bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #12
RockAndRollBallerina
Mouseketeer

My husband and I did at the Graceland Chapel, it was a breeze start to finish, and there was no stress attached to it that one would associate with a well planned wedding. We had all of 20 guests and had a fun time time. Travel and hotel costs aside, our whole wedding including attire, under $1,000 so we are also not in debt from it either. For us it was a winner and everything we wanted it to be, a fun, no stress, low cost day.
RockAndRollBallerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #13
Gwennie
Earning My Ears

I'm new to the boards but couldn't resist trying to help out the original poster in this thread. Married almost 6 years ago at the Little Church of the West at the south end of the strip in fabulous Las Vegas! It's an historic landmark so it can not be torn down (a major draw for us). Likely with real estate prices they could always move it somewhere else, I guess, but it won't 'go away.' It's a beautiful little church and they really take care of everything. We got a deluxe package, pics and whatnot, and had a wonderful time. Good luck with your plans and big day!
Gwennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #14
low-key
DIS Veteran

here is a cool site, Vegas weddings streaming
http://vegasweddingstreaming.com/
Old 07-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
suzimar57
when i do put some makeup on, he's stunned!
loose screw i find in his work pants
It's cheesy, in a fun sort of way!

DH and i got married at the NY-NY in august 1998 - had a retired rabbi officiate (DH is jewish) - small reception dinner at Emeril's - it was extremely hot that week! - we go every august now (but stay at the Paris)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: