Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
figmentnnemo
DVC: Saratoga Springs & BLT

Talking We're back...

Sorry, I know it has been a while from our last post, but we are all paid up and ready to go

Beehn: if you have any questions, just ask or PM me.

Is any one planing shore tours?

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
figmentnnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #62
squeeblc
Earning My Ears

We're in!

Hi all!

I have just changed our booking from 21 November to this one. We will be on our 2nd cruise. Excited already. We will be interested in a Fish Extender exchange. Is there a Facebook page set up?
Thanks
Lorna & Julie
squeeblc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #63
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

We are now down to 198 more days
Old 05-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #64
figmentnnemo

Talking Got Fish...

I have not thought about Fish Extenders, but I know that we will start something....

I have not set up a facebook page, but let us know if you want to...

I am glad you changed to our sailing. I guess you are a DCL convert now

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeeblc View Post
Hi all!

I have just changed our booking from 21 November to this one. We will be on our 2nd cruise. Excited already. We will be interested in a Fish Extender exchange. Is there a Facebook page set up?
Thanks
Lorna & Julie

Past but not forgotten
RCI Nordic Empress - July 94 (Bahamas), RCI Nordic Empress- January 95 (Bahamas), Carnival Destiny - June 98 (W.C.), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 99 (E.C), Carnival Glory - September 03 (W.C), NCL Dawn - September 04 (Bahamas), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - May 05 (W.C), RCI Voyager of the Seas -September 05 (W.C.), Dawn Princess- July 06 (Alaska), RCI Grandeur of the Seas - September 07 (Bermuda), Disney Magic-January 08 (E.C) ,Disney Wonder- September 08 (DVC Member Cruise), Disney Magic- October 30, 2010(W.C), Disney Wonder- May 3, 2011 (Alaska), Disney Magic- December 30, 2011 (E.C),Disney Fantasy- December 15, 2012 (W.C)
Old 05-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #65
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

FISH EXTENDERS

I had mentioned it earlier, and just to reiterate - I have taken over the coordinating of the FE for this cruise. Info:

Please send me a PM or email to ravensilverlight@yahoo.com with the following information:

Your DIS name
Stateroom #
Names/gender (I never assume!) of adults
Names/gender/ages of kids
Special notes others should be aware of (allergies, special celebrations, etc.)
Your email address (PMs on the DIS can only be sent to 5 people at a time, so it is VERY difficult to send a list to all participants that way - email is much easier!)

Also, if you could make sure to specify that you're signing up for the NOVEMBER 24TH 3 NIGHTS that would be very helpful, as I'm also coordinating the FE for the 4 night on Nov. 27th!

Any questions/comments/concerns let me know! I can't wait! We just got back from the WBPC and can now start getting excited for the next trip all over again!!!

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
radmelissa
Earning My Ears

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!

My amazing husband decided for my 30th birthday to take me and our amazing daughter on a Disney cruise!!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it. This is going to be our first Disney cruise after being annual pass holders for pretty much my whole life (got to love being a Florida girl). I am really excited about the FE so I'll be sure to get our info to the right people. Also, we would love to meet up with others with young kids. Our daughter is going to be almost 3 on this cruise.
radmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #67
stmize

Quote:
Originally Posted by radmelissa View Post
My amazing husband decided for my 30th birthday to take me and our amazing daughter on a Disney cruise!!!! I'm so excited I can't stand it. This is going to be our first Disney cruise after being annual pass holders for pretty much my whole life (got to love being a Florida girl). I am really excited about the FE so I'll be sure to get our info to the right people. Also, we would love to meet up with others with young kids. Our daughter is going to be almost 3 on this cruise.
Cool welcome to the cruise.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #68
iJillyBean
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi all,

We'll be joining y'all SUPER-excited for our first Disney cruise!!!! Traveling with me is my DD12, but turns 13 two weeks before we cruise, and my best friend with her family (DH, DD13, DS 9).

Thanks for all the info on these boards. So helpful!

-Jill
iJillyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #69
figmentnnemo

Smile Getting closer...

I know its been a while but life gets in the way and you loose track of the posts, but I will try to do better. I am glad more people are coming aboard. For all that are new to DCL,, Welcome Don't be shy about asking questions.

If any one is doing the back to back, let me know...

I cant believe its 138 days away

Lets try to keep our post active so more people can find us

have a magical day

Past but not forgotten
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 PM   #70
stmize

So excited. Can't wait
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #71
radmelissa
Earning My Ears

Almost 3

How strict is DCL with ages for things... I know this sounds like a silly question I'm sure they are very set on ages but I ask because my DD will be a month shy of 3 on this cruise. I've been looking at the Small World Nursery and I'm thinking she's going to be bored...I was thinking about trying to see if she can go with the 3 year olds. Either way I can't wait!!!! What are your "Must Dos" when you're on a cruise???
Old 07-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #72
figmentnnemo

Talking good questions...

As far as the age... it is up to the counselors. From what I have heard, they will see how she does in the older group but will suggest Small World if it is too much for her.

Must do's... now that is a loaded question.... Being its your first cruise (just like another family we are traveling with). The one thing I can not emphasize to new DCL families is slow down.... you will not be able to see and do everything in 3 days. Heck, we spent 7 days on the Fantasy and did not see everything. But the top things.. Fireworks show, Sail away party,theater shows, & Castaway Cay. Usually the water slide is open late so the line is close to none.

Dont be shy about asking questions.... We had plenty going on our 1 DCL, now we are going on our 7 & 8th (we are doing the back to back for thanksgiving)

Quote:
How strict is DCL with ages for things... I know this sounds like a silly question I'm sure they are very set on ages but I ask because my DD will be a month shy of 3 on this cruise. I've been looking at the Small World Nursery and I'm thinking she's going to be bored...I was thinking about trying to see if she can go with the 3 year olds. Either way I can't wait!!!! What are your "Must Dos" when you're on a cruise???

Past but not forgotten
Old 07-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #73
radmelissa
Earning My Ears

Good to know, I'll have to make sure to talk to the counselors about that! that's promising....
I'm already looking at when we can go on our next one I've always been a cruise person and the more I read about DCL I think I'm done with some other cruise lines.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 AM   #74
figmentnnemo

Smile convert...

So are we... we have been on many cruise lines and we discovered this... there are no bad cruises just some cruise lines that we don't care for..

For the last 6 cruises, we have not defected from DCL It is more expensive then any other mass market lines but it is worth every penny. Now that being said, DCL has changed over the years, but the attentiveness from all the crew members has not

Quote:
Good to know, I'll have to make sure to talk to the counselors about that! that's promising....
I'm already looking at when we can go on our next one I've always been a cruise person and the more I read about DCL I think I'm done with some other cruise lines.

Past but not forgotten
Old 07-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #75
jrauch01
Earning My Ears

Smile

Hi everybody! This is my first post here and wanted to introduce my group. Its going to be myself(24) gf(21) Gf's mom and pops and gf's lil bro (9) This will be our first DCL cruise but my 4th as i have previously been on carnival with my family. We are all pretty excited with 126 days left til we leave to go down to FL. Ill be here on more and more as the date approachs but i am also on CC with the same user name. Look forward to taking to yall more and more as we get closer!!
jrauch01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: