Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #106
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Old 06-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #107
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
Thank you Steph!!!! Tyler loved his gift!!! And of course, so did I!!!

You were soooo sweet to think of us on your trip!!! I re-read your PTR last night & now I keep thinking about Basin White!!!

I can't wait to visit it on our December trip! I've only been to the Basin at DTD (and went last September for the first time ever!) I'll have to post a photo of the soap you got me! It smelled soooo good & was super cute (it was a stork with a blue hat on!)

Thanks again!!!

I'd also like to share your gift wrapping idea with all of your readers because I just thought it was genius!!!!

Stephanie put all of my gift items into a photo box & then wrapped it & shipped it!!! It was a super cute way to wrap it because it looked really nice AND I can use the photo box for Tyler's baby pictures!!! Great idea!!! I'm totally stealing your idea for future baby gifts!

And here's a picture of Tyler wearing the onesie you got him!

Lol, I bought that photo box right after you told me you were pregnant! Since you didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, I figured that one would fit either! I'm so glad you like the onsie, I loved it as soon as I saw it! I abo****ely adore Basin. The first time I went there was after I interviewed for a job at casting during my senior year of college. I walked over to catch the bus and stopped in and ended up buying myself the body butter as a congrats on my first interview gift

P.S. I also have that seat Tyler is in. Actually I think I sold it at our last yard sale, but Jack had one!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #108
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Wow already one week away!

I'm so excited for you to be going to the WWoHP! I'm a huge HP nerd too, and this is on my list...someday..
I know!! Time flies!!

That's how I was about WWoHP, I KNEW I wanted to go but not if it meant no Disney, so that's why this is perfect since we really wouldn't have had time to do much Disney anyways
Old 06-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #109
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
What an adorable, happy boy!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:15 AM   #110
stephielela
DIS Veteran

So evidently I'm not the only person in my family who can't stick with trip plans... it must be genetic.

Last night after discussing several details of the trip I started suggesting a rough touring plan. Long story short, my mom asked how much more hoppers would be... so we got them! Our concern was WWoHP. I have read it's better to go later in the day if you don't have early entry. We are doing IoA the second day so my mom was worried that if we waited we might get shut out. So we rearranged a bit...

Now after our Margaritaville dinnerwe are heading to IoA for WWoHP. If it's too packed we will do other stuff and then head straight there in the morning of our second day. If it's not crazy we will get as much done as we can and then do both parks again the second day. This makes things a little tricky because we are doing the meal deal for the second day, but only one park, so we will probably do Universal first thing snd then head over to IoA for the bulk of the day and then back to Universal for the Cinematic Spectacular at night. I do like having the flexibilty of hoppers so I'm happy!

Tonight we are watching Shrek and going over final details! I will probably start packing this weekend since all our laundry is clean and I shouldn't need any of the things I plan on bringing! I'm just so excited it's so close!

We also talked about park bags... for those that have been, how big does a bag have to be for them to assist on using the lockers? We are taking mini hipsters and I think that's it. I am hoping we can just keep those on us, but if we have to lock them up we will... I bought a mini aerosol sunscreen that fits and we have a couple mini fans I got from Target and both will fit in the mini hipster. We are planning on getting a couple of the refillable mugs, they are $7.99 each I think so we will just fill those up with water if need be. Everything seems to be coming together! I am going to start on a packing list today!!

I'm so glad this trip is starting get finalized, it stresses me out when things are still in the air, so now that tickets are bought etc, I feel so much better!

Firm dates are also starting to shape up for our Fall trip, so as soon as I get back from Universal I can start planning!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #111
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It's pretty much ANY bag. Only certain rides, but they won't allow anything but basically a point and shoot or phone in your pocket.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #112
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Okay, WHERE did you get that onesie from?!? Seriously, as soon as you tell me i'm going to order it! It's ADORABLE!

As I was reading your last update, a WWoHP commercial came on So jealous!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #113
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It's pretty much ANY bag. Only certain rides, but they won't allow anything but basically a point and shoot or phone in your pocket.
Booooooo! I figured that would be the case. On the plus side on most of those rides we will be doing baby swap anyways so it wont be a huge deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Okay, WHERE did you get that onesie from?!? Seriously, as soon as you tell me i'm going to order it! It's ADORABLE!

As I was reading your last update, a WWoHP commercial came on So jealous!
I got it at World of Disney in Orlando! I am going next week if you want me to see if they still have it! If you want me to pick one up for you PM me!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #114
stephielela
DIS Veteran

OHMYGOSH!!! IT'S ALMOST TIME!!! Ok, now I feel better, I am finally excited!!! I got most of our stuff packed last night, just waiting on a pair of jeans and my laptop! The only kink right now is my brand spanking new iPhone I ordered... it's not here yet!!! I ordered it firs tthing Friday morning and its supposed to get delivered today but it's a signature required item and there will be chunks of the day where no one is home... I'm going to be so frustrated if I can't get it today!! But, there's nothing I can do really so I just have to relax!

I got us all checked in for our flight in the morning! We got A boarding so we are in good shape! Plus I only have to work until 2 today and then I'm going to our hotel spa to get my nails done After that I am picking up Jack from school (who by the way is so excited he has been absolutly nuts the last 2 days) and then we will go home, make dinner and chill out a bit. Then I have to go to a bowling event for work, which is ALWAYS tuns of fun actually. It means I'm going to be pretty tired tomorrow, but it will be vacation so who cares! Counting down the minutes ... 273 to be exact!
Also I may attempt to blog our trip as we go... It depends on how difficult it is on my phone... and which phone I have! But the link is in my signature!
The Many Adventures of Mommy and Jack
Old 06-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #115
stephielela
DIS Veteran

8 minutes

... and counting!!! A little concerned about the Hurricane... but there isn't anything we can do about it now so I will hope for the best! AND my phone got delivered and signed for!! Off to get my nails done!
Old 07-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #117
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Aaaand we're back! I definitely feel like I barely even was gone! Updates will start Wednesday, since I am off the next two days
Old 07-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #119
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Just testing my new Disboards app!!! This is pretty awesome! This will make live updates so much easier, except for pictures... But still! Now maybe I won't fall so far behind on my subs!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #120
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Geez! I didn't even get to tell you goodbye and now i'm saying welcome back! Sorry was MIA for a bit; been sooo busy, no time for the DIS

And what's this DIS app you speak of?!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: