Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #151
stephielela
DIS Veteran

DTD, MCO and the end

We wandered back towards Animation Hall to do some browsing in the gift shop.

Lookís like resort specific merchandise is making a come back!

I really like this resort. If it was part of the current Free Dining promotion then we would be staying there this fall in the Little Mermaid section, but only the suites are included and they are pretty pricey, especially for just me and Jack. We obviously donít need that kind of space. Someday though!

Next we headed to Downtown Disney. We stopped in Basin first to check out all their fabulous bath products, but for some reason Jack wasnít into it so he and I headed in to World of Disney instead. We looked around for a while and my dad bought Jack an Agent P stuffed animal. I got a tote bag that was on sale. We headed outside to have a seat for a bit and then we walked over to the Lego area to check out the Lego statues.

My sister and I have always gotten our picture taken by this sea monster. One year she and I and Jack all had our picture taken here, I guess itís kind of a tradition!
By this time it was hot and we were basically done shoppingÖ so that must mean itís time for margaritas!
/

I got strawberry with sugar on the rim

My sister got a Pina Colada

My mom got the Patron Anejo Margarita

We also got some chips and salsa. The chips were literally Tostitos in a bag, but the salsa was fresh and awesome!

While we were finishing our snack I went over to Goofyís Candy Company to pick up a couple treats. They have some of the best looking stuff in there and I love making my own treats. Plus itís the perfect place to pick up little presents for friends.

Eventually it was time to leave. The only thing that made it bearable was knowing that I would be back in the fall!

We stopped by Publix so my mom could get a spice that you can evidently only get in Florida. Then we headed to the airport. My dad dropped us off and then went to return the car while we rearranged our bags etc. Once my dad got back my mom went off to her flight. Hers was earlier since she booked through work and didnít have to book the cheapest flight available. I went to check the car seat since we werenít checking any other bags and then we went to Macaroni Grill for a late lunch. After wards we shopped around the airport and then headed to our flight. It was about a thousand degrees on the plane and we had to sit on the runway for an extra 20 minutes. We had a stop in Atlanta, and Jack was hungry again so I got him some dinner at Checkers before our next flight. Our last flight was uneventful and we were all pretty tired so we were just ready to get home! Eventually we made it back to the house and fell into bed to start dreaming of our next adventure!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #152
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

FINALLY caught up! And hello! Haven't been on in so long!

Will be downloading that DIS app today. Thank you!

Wow. I really need to try and plan a Universal trip in the near future. It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I must say, i'm surprised Disney doesn't have a height measuring themed sign like Universal does. I know Hershey Park has one like that too. It makes it so much easier I think.

Okay I have a question. Is the child swap at Universal the same as Disney? The reason I ask, is because I was trying to figure out how my mom, DH and I were going to be able to ride the bigger rides like TT or Dinosaur. Can we technically do a child swap even though we're not taking a child on with us?? How does this work?

The AoA looks so neat! I would love to stay here one day!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #153
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
FINALLY caught up! And hello! Haven't been on in so long!

Will be downloading that DIS app today. Thank you!

Wow. I really need to try and plan a Universal trip in the near future. It looks like you guys had an amazing time. I must say, i'm surprised Disney doesn't have a height measuring themed sign like Universal does. I know Hershey Park has one like that too. It makes it so much easier I think.

Okay I have a question. Is the child swap at Universal the same as Disney? The reason I ask, is because I was trying to figure out how my mom, DH and I were going to be able to ride the bigger rides like TT or Dinosaur. Can we technically do a child swap even though we're not taking a child on with us?? How does this work?

The AoA looks so neat! I would love to stay here one day!
Hey!

I've been horrible about keeping up on TR's! I'm trying to get better, and the app is helping!

I liked Universal, but I won't feel the need to go back anytime soon. Once Jack is tall enough to ride everything then maybe.

At Disney the swap is different. Basically you guys would all go to the entrance of the line (they need to actually see the baby/child) and then they give you a fastpass type card. So then you and DH could ride, come back and you and your mom could ride, you go in through the FP line. On the card is says it's good for up to 4 people I think. I know it's more than 1 person anyways.

At Universal you basically all wait in line together and then there is usually a little room or area off of the loading area where you wait to swap. I'm pretty sure that's how Disney used to do it, because I remember being surprised the first time we used baby swap for Jack at WDW in 2009.
Of course by then it had been so long since we'd done it I can't be sure!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #154
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Hey!

I've been horrible about keeping up on TR's! I'm trying to get better, and the app is helping!

I liked Universal, but I won't feel the need to go back anytime soon. Once Jack is tall enough to ride everything then maybe.

At Disney the swap is different. Basically you guys would all go to the entrance of the line (they need to actually see the baby/child) and then they give you a fastpass type card. So then you and DH could ride, come back and you and your mom could ride, you go in through the FP line. On the card is says it's good for up to 4 people I think. I know it's more than 1 person anyways.

At Universal you basically all wait in line together and then there is usually a little room or area off of the loading area where you wait to swap. I'm pretty sure that's how Disney used to do it, because I remember being surprised the first time we used baby swap for Jack at WDW in 2009.
Of course by then it had been so long since we'd done it I can't be sure!
I've been bad about keeping up on TR's too so no worries!

Thank you so much for explaining the child swap to me. I was originally thinking about grabbing three FP's then having DH and my mom ride, while I watch the baby, then when they get off, i'd get on by myself. This will work out even better and makes me so much happier now that I or DH won't have to ride by ourselves if we don't want to.

I wish Disney had Universal's idea. It keeps the whole family together. But then I could see how it could get filled with lots of families waiting to load.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 08-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #155
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface

I've been bad about keeping up on TR's too so no worries!

Thank you so much for explaining the child swap to me. I was originally thinking about grabbing three FP's then having DH and my mom ride, while I watch the baby, then when they get off, i'd get on by myself. This will work out even better and makes me so much happier now that I or DH won't have to ride by ourselves if we don't want to.

I wish Disney had Universal's idea. It keeps the whole family together. But then I could see how it could get filled with lots of families waiting to load.
It would get crowded, plus for bigger kids it's sometimes easier to take them to another attraction or another area while the others ride so they don't feel like they are spending their time waiting while others have fun. There is no return time requirement so the second riders can wait and come back later! Of course I don't think Calvin will have much trouble waiting around lol
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #156
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
It would get crowded, plus for bigger kids it's sometimes easier to take them to another attraction or another area while the others ride so they don't feel like they are spending their time waiting while others have fun. There is no return time requirement so the second riders can wait and come back later! Of course I don't think Calvin will have much trouble waiting around lol
So true!

Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #157
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yes, yes I did ;)

This summer has flown by! Between work and fun summer outings with Jack I cannot believe it's almost September!! My mom's brithday is this week and my parents are going to Chicago this weekend to celebrate. I somehow ended up with 5 days off at work...

Can you see where this is going?

Probably not...

NO! We are not going to Chicago......
We are going on a cruise!!

Yes, yes I did. I booked a cruise last Sunday that leaves on Friday, a whopping 12 days in advance! I'd had my eye on them as a possibility but the price dropped and I just couldn't resist! So in 4 days we are headed to Miami to set sail on the Majesty (Royal Caribbean) for 3 nights to the Bahamas! It's just me and Jack and I haven't told him yet. This time I think I might ACTUALLY surprise him!

I had enough points with Southwest for free flights so we are taking the first flight out to Fort Lauderdale on Friday and then taking a shuttle we have used before to get to the port. We set saila round 5 I think. Saturday we are at Coco Cay, Royal Caribbean's private island and then Sunday we are in Nassau. We are keeping it simple, not booking any excursions in advance and we aren't taking fancy clothes for Formal Night either. I've never sailed RCCL before so this is a learning trip for me! I'm so looking forward to getting away for a few days! Work has been nuts and it looks like it's only going to get crazier over the next couple months... My sister is going to watch my dog so I don't even have to pay for the kennel! Things just worked out so well I couldn't pass up the opportunity. Then when I get back I can settle down and start hammering out the details for our fall trip!
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #159
Dream426
Love Disney!!

YAY!! Enjoy the cruise!!

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #160
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
YAY!! Enjoy the cruise!!

I'm so looking to the down time. I really plan on doing nothing besides lounging and sleeping lol. I'm sure Jack will have other plans
Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #161
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

WHAT A CRUISE!? You're crazy and I love it!

Definitely very jealous. I was just telling DH about the awesome deal that's going on through DCL right now out of Galveston in October, but I don't think newborns are allowed on cruises

Can't wait for the day where I can be spontaneous again, like you!

Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #162
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Well, we survived Isaac! I haven't started my mini TR on this cruise just because it's going to be short and sweet, and mostly words lol.

As some of you may have heard, Hurricane Isaac wreaked minor havoc on the cruise ships in the Bahamas area, so this was DEFINITELY a unique experience. We did not get off the ship once in 3 days and we got into port 10 hours after we were scheduled to, so that was an interesting obstacle. I WILL be doing a write up though, just because this was our first RCCL experience and I spent a lot of time comparing it to the DCL, NCL, and Carnival cruises I have been on. I hope to get it written up this week and it will probably be just one post. I do have a Fall trip update to post though

Last edited by stephielela; 09-08-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #164
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Fall Update!

It's been so long since I really posted anything about our Fall trip soI am just going to recap everything!

Dates: Sept 27-31 in Gainesville
November 1-6 in WDW

Resort: Pop Century- I REALLY wanted Art of Animation but they weren't offering it with Free Dining so back to our "home" resort it is!

Travelers: Jack and I (of course!) and for November 1-3 one of my best friends and her husband and probably her sister

We are heading to Gainesville first to have my friends baby shower. They live in Italy but will be home visiting her family so it's the opportune time. We can spend a few days relaxing and shopping ofr baby stuff before heading to WDW. We are going to drive up first thing on the 1st and probably head to Epcot to enjoy some F&WF time. She knows they also want to do Magic Kingsom but they haven't decided on a 3rd park yet. Then once they leave Jack and I will do whichever park we didn't do with them and then another day at MK and another Epcot day. We are doing MK before we leave on the 6th since we will have all morning. I am so thrilled to be able to do F&WF this year since that was the thing I was most sad about missing when we did our DCL trip last year instead of WDW. We are also doing the last MNSSHP on November 2!

So far we aren't making any ADR's, we are on the QSDP and while I would usually want to have a tleast one sit down meal in Epcot, with F&W I doubt we will have any room in our tummies for anything else. We may make one or two for after our friends leave (they are very last minute kind of people lol) but we'll see.

I absolutely cannot wait! I LOVE Fall at WDW and this year we are getting to spend way more time than we did 2 years ago so we will get to have much more fun! I'm getting ready to look through the F&W menus etc to start pinpointing snacks and drinks ) I want to try!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #165
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Sorry have not been on lately and am now catching up on all my threads.

I'm so happy you survived Isaac and can't wait to hear about your TR on the cruise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: