Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #1441
valbob89
DIS Veteran

We just got off the Magic yesterday. While onboard I asked Capt Robert about the WBTA, he said DCL has everything scheduled but he can't talk about it until DCL makes their announcements. He wouldn't say when that would be. He did say the ship would NOT be dry docking in Germany nor Italy. Another officer said the WBTA would not be an shake down cruise with no passengers, but I couldn't get anything else out of him.
valbob89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #1442
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Very promising!!! I'll be on the Fantasy in 9 days so maybe we can get more news!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #1443
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89
We just got off the Magic yesterday. While onboard I asked Capt Robert about the WBTA, he said DCL has everything scheduled but he can't talk about it until DCL makes their announcements. He wouldn't say when that would be. He did say the ship would NOT be dry docking in Germany nor Italy. Another officer said the WBTA would not be an shake down cruise with no passengers, but I couldn't get anything else out of him.
Can I just ask what is a shake down cruise?
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #1444
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Can I just ask what is a shake down cruise?
A shake down cruise would be similar to a ship's initial sea trials. They go out and test everything, generally with no passengers since they are attempting to recreate a wide variety of situations, such as emergency turns and such. They are attempting to "shake out" all of the bugs and problems before passengers come on board.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #1445
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw

A shake down cruise would be similar to a ship's initial sea trials. They go out and test everything, generally with no passengers since they are attempting to recreate a wide variety of situations, such as emergency turns and such. They are attempting to "shake out" all of the bugs and problems before passengers come on board.
So...... In theory, if they're NoT doing a shake down cruise, then potentially it'll have passengers onboard
Old 09-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #1446
paulcrsb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
So...... In theory, if they're NoT doing a shake down cruise, then potentially it'll have passengers onboard
Let's hope!
paulcrsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:34 AM   #1447
sehandiph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
fingers crossed - will hold off booking my trip to WDW for a few more weeks - I'm bouncing up and down at the possibility - the Eastbound TA was sooo good - westbound with WDW at the end - even better
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #1448
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I can't believe there is still so much speculation and no announcement has been made when it is almost less than a year to go now . I am still hoping that the WBTA will happen and have everything crossed Please DCL let us know one way or the other as soon as possible as it would be lovely to have something to plan for through the winter.
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #1449
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Ahhh ---- we can continue to still hold out WBTA hope!!!
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM   #1450
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Just when I had given up all hope.... I am pumped that a possibility even exists. Couldn't have surfaced on a better week.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #1451
CruisingSwedes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse
Just when I had given up all hope.... I am pumped that a possibility even exists. Couldn't have surfaced on a better week.
I agree! This is exciting! Hope we get good news soon!
CruisingSwedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #1452
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

We are going on the Dream next week so I will try and pry some information out of anyone that looks important
Old 09-18-2012, 02:28 AM   #1453
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

It is my birthday today .... so a perfect day for DCL to announce something special ...... I have spent my last two birthdays on the WBTA so it all makes sense. ( ok ...so a girl can hope )
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #1454
sehandiph
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
It is my birthday today .... so a perfect day for DCL to announce something special ...... I have spent my last two birthdays on the WBTA so it all makes sense. ( ok ...so a girl can hope )
Hope you get a great birthday present from DCL - and that we can all share

birthdays on the WBTA must be awesome

Shezzy
sehandiph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #1455
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

So my friends (the Krafts) from the 2010 WBTA are currently on the Fantasy and she was trying to get information. They are being extremely tight-lipped and would only tell her the itineraries would probably be released in October (for 2014). No one comments specifically on the WBTA and she couldn't get information even on the dry dock dates.

Enough already DCL!!!!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: