Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #1306
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Just popping by to say Hello.

I'm still here, just bored of waiting......like the rest of you!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #1307
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I really hate the waiting. I manage waiting for a far-out booked cruise well enough other than the "I wish it were here" feeling. But this wait is beyond torture. Although someone said the VP told them that it would be announced within the next few weeks - meaning there WILL be a WBTA - there is still this part of me afraid they aren't going to do it (have the WBTA). The ol' "I can't believe it until I see it" thing.

I am sure DCL has their reasons. I hope there is a logical, well-thought out business reason and not just because its that they feel like not telling us.

In the scheme of things, it's not the end of the world - nor whether there is or is not a WBTA - a global crisis. But to ME, (and others) it is important and something we've so looked forward to. When announced, then we could get chatting on really fun stuff, like planning!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA

Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 06-04-2012 at 12:39 PM.
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 01:52 PM   #1308
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

PINKY! You're HERE!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #1309
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I had a dream the other night that they had announced it...

But then again.. I was on muscle relaxants and it's amazing what kind of dreams I have on that stuff...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #1310
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I am sure DCL has their reasons. I hope there is a logical, well-thought out business reason and not just because its that they feel like not telling us.

I am sure the wait has been due to the dry dock contracts, it must be sorted now though if they are due to announce soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
PINKY! You're HERE!
I've been here all along Linda, just a bit quiet as i'm bored of waiting.

Hopefully we will be in full on planning mode soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I had a dream the other night that they had announced it...

But then again.. I was on muscle relaxants and it's amazing what kind of dreams I have on that stuff...

Funny you should say that, I woke up this morning and had dreamt that had been announced and i'd booked it and got the cabin I want! I was quite upset when I realised it was all a dream....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:15 PM   #1311
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Noel - thanks for the Barcelona info.

We were going to wait until this cruise to explore Barcelona..but my nephew decided to get married in July ( yes nothing like the last minute) and we are going to go to the wedding and site see in Barcelona..

so the info will be helpful and I will give a report once I am back..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #1312
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
Noel - thanks for the Barcelona info.

We were going to wait until this cruise to explore Barcelona..but my nephew decided to get married in July ( yes nothing like the last minute) and we are going to go to the wedding and site see in Barcelona..

so the info will be helpful and I will give a report once I am back..
You are welcome! Congrats to your nephew! If there are any other hints, you need, please let me now.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #1313
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Hi all!

Just joined the EBTA thread, and thought I'd pop in here. Though you guys (although I think I recognize many of the same faces from there?) are much more talkative- 86 pages! w00t!

Our hope is to do the EBTA, fly home, then use the other half of the airfare to fly back for the WBTA. Sadly, those two cruises will take all our paid vacay time for the year, so I don't think this will be the year that we add much time in Europe. I'm on the fence, but I think in 2014, we'll do a 1 week Med and then 2 weeks in Europe.

Anyway, we have a 2013 Fantasy for 9/21 (my bday ) that we will most likely move to the WBTA once it comes out. We booked the Fantasy on board the Dream, so we will get the stateroom credit and what not. Hopefully, we'll still get all our re-booking benefits when we move the booking- never know when or if that will go away.

Can't wait to get to know you all!

Nikki

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #1314
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Welcome Nikki!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 06-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #1315
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

Having some workout time while we're waiting!
hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 08:28 AM   #1316
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelandannie View Post

Having some workout time while we're waiting!
HazelandAnnie! I recognize you guys!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:52 AM   #1317
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
HazelandAnnie! I recognize you guys!!!
We're still hanging around , waiting for something to happen

hazelandannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #1318
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Although those who have been on a WBTA before may already know where to find them, I just found a link which has the Navigators from the 2010 WBTA. Kind of interesting to see the types of things offered: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm Of course you have to scroll down to find that cruise link, but it has each day's navigators.

I'm sure when DCL announces this WBTA we'll come up with some of our own fun events!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #1319
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Although those who have been on a WBTA before may already know where to find them, I just found a link which has the Navigators from the 2010 WBTA. Kind of interesting to see the types of things offered: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm Of course you have to scroll down to find that cruise link, but it has each day's navigators.

I'm sure when DCL announces this WBTA we'll come up with some of our own fun events!
Thank you for sharing that link PhantomsGirl! Hadn't seen it before and am now really looking forward to studying them all tonight with a nice cup of coffee, wishing for the WBTA to finally be announced!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #1320
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member

Good Morning, Happy Cruiser Wannabes!

Man, I will be SO glad to drop the "Wannabe" part of that greeting!

Annichan! Author of the fabulous FOODIE trip reports.

Finally not raining, but it's already clouding up. I need an ark.

Happy Day, all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: