Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #1291
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
GOOD LUCK! My experience trying to find one that slept 3 has shown you're probably going to need it.

Noel, WHAT a fabulous list!
Thanks, Linda, as you know I am an OCD planner!
Old 05-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #1292
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Thanks for the Barcelona tips..I copy and pasted them into word for keeping for the trip.

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #1293
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Happy Saturday everyone! Just can't let this thread go into oblivion and hit more than the 7 pages behind mark.

I'm not sure if people on here read the Facebook thread or not, but someone posted that they sat next to the DCL VP on the Wonder. He commented that the WBTA should be announced in the next few weeks. Hope that is true!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:24 PM   #1294
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Just can't let this thread go into oblivion and hit more than the 7 pages behind mark.

I'm not sure if people on here read the Facebook thread or not, but someone posted that they sat next to the DCL VP on the Wonder. He commented that the WBTA should be announced in the next few weeks. Hope that is true!
I wonder how long "in the next few weeks" means? At least that means there will be one!! At this point I've waited so long I was hoping they'd wait until September so I can get my placeholder while on the Wonder in August.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 AM   #1295
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29 View Post
I wonder how long "in the next few weeks" means? At least that means there will be one!! At this point I've waited so long I was hoping they'd wait until September so I can get my placeholder while on the Wonder in August.
I feel the same as I cruise in Sept as well. But I will book when it comes out and then see what I can get onboard in Sept.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #1296
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruiser Wannabes!

Well, that's a crumb to keep us going another few weeks. The last ship was 'full' but not at capacity. Although there are a few enthusiasts anxiously waiting here, i'm betting you'll be able to reshop it in September for a better price, if you don't have a placeholder waiting.

If this one comes through, that'll shoot our travel budget for next year, lol.

At least, the house next door has sold, so we won't be doing yard work for two any more.

The rain has stopped, at least temporarily and the place is as green as Ireland!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1297
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Here is some advice I passed on to others after I started researching the options in Barcelona since John and I were spending more than a week in Barcelona each time.
Thanks for sharing so much information from personal experience. I've added many of the items to file I'm keeping for WBTA DH and I have booked for 09/13.

Although we aren't doing this particular cruise with Disney, we still keep an eye on this thread to see how things are progressing.

Happy sailing to all!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #1298
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I know, that was such a fantastic post by Noel Birkner! Sorry you aren't going with us, but I hope you do enjoy the one you have booked. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I too, am wondering how long "a few weeks is". But as long as it means there WILL be a WBTA in 2013, I am much heartened.

I don't think these cruises sell out, I know I read that one of them, maybe the 2010 one was nearly empty. So for those who can wait may score some really nice deals. For others, simply waiting awhile to get the discount and OBC shouldn't be an issue.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 06-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1299
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

So I am in for the WB I think.

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and I booked the EB telling them I am transferring to the WB. They thought the WB would be announced at the end of June or early July. I did not think he sounded very confident though.
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #1300
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs4me View Post
So I am in for the WB I think.
Welcome! I am the official "she never shuts up" poster on here!

Old 06-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #1301
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Welcome Aboard, Poohs4me! Hope we have something to really talk about, soon. It's really hard making conversation over a cruise that may or may not exist!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #1302
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

Thanks - I have been a lurker since you started the thread; so I have been following along. Before you scold me for being a lurker, I had a reason for lurking and not joining in. DH was seriously on the fence and until I booked something I did not want to jynx (is that how you spell that) the possibility.
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:20 PM   #1303
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sssteele View Post
Thanks for sharing so much information from personal experience. I've added many of the items to file I'm keeping for WBTA DH and I have booked for 09/13.

Although we aren't doing this particular cruise with Disney, we still keep an eye on this thread to see how things are progressing.

Happy sailing to all!
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I know, that was such a fantastic post by Noel Birkner! Sorry you aren't going with us, but I hope you do enjoy the one you have booked. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I too, am wondering how long "a few weeks is". But as long as it means there WILL be a WBTA in 2013, I am much heartened.

I don't think these cruises sell out, I know I read that one of them, maybe the 2010 one was nearly empty. So for those who can wait may score some really nice deals. For others, simply waiting awhile to get the discount and OBC shouldn't be an issue.
We haven't completely given up on the WBTA but had to move a placeholder!
Old 06-04-2012, 07:54 AM   #1304
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears

birkner, what a wonderful collection of things to do in Barcelona! We will definitely print that out for our weekendtrip that we are thinking about at the moment. Thank you so much for the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs4me View Post
They thought the WB would be announced at the end of June or early July. I did not think he sounded very confident though.
That would be great!
DH is getting proactive (now should I be happy or scared?) and really liked the WBTAs on Celebrety Eclipse, Liberty of the Seas and Independence of the Seas... and I have to admit the LotS has perfect dates, leaving on a Sunday, including a public holiday (11/1) and my birthday - I could get away with taking only 10 days off and the price is quite nice as well (about 2.000 Euros/$ 2.500 for a balcony cabin).

The sooner DCL announces the WBTA, the sooner we (or: he?) can make a decision. I just hope they don't announce it before the tax return goes through
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #1305
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Just wanted to pop in and say "Hiiiii"! We are still here and waiting for the announcement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this trip comes to fruition soon. I'm getting the DCL itch and it's starting to become hard to control! Darn "allergies"...may just have to convince DH that we should take advantage of FLRes rates! :-)

Maybe now that they release/increased ticket prices for WDW they are ready to roll with the fall itinerary!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: