Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1216
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojam View Post
If you like Disney I am not sure NCL will be for you. Of all the lines we have cruised it is by far our worst experience. We did a EBTA from Miami to London on the Jewel and it was really bad! But, it could have just been the cruise. We did not like "Freestyle" at all. To us it was an excuse for the staff to be lazy.
Good to know. Another cruiseline to recommend?
Old 05-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #1217
womanredress
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow 'potential' cruisers!

My family was booked on the WBTA 2010 (Captain Jack's re-repoing repositioning cruise - haha, something like that) but sadly, we had to cancel. My little sister and I were just too busy with school at that time. Well, my sister graduated from UC Davis last quarter and now we're feeling ready for a TA cruise!

Hopefully this one actually happens! We'd love to do it now that we're finally free to. My grandma has always wanted to do a Trans Atlantic and it would be awesome for this to happen before it gets too hard for her to travel.

We're currently booked on the EBTA, but I will switch over as soon as this one is announced. The EBTA has terrible timing for me. I work at a ballet school and I'd be missing some important rehearsal time if we got stuck with the EBTA.

Does anyone else have the EB booked, hoping for the WB?

Aug 23rd 2011 Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder

June 1st 2008 Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Disney Magic
womanredress is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #1218
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

any news???

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #1219
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
any news???
It's sunny in the UK, that's big news!!!!!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:50 AM   #1220
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

No WBTA news....

It's hot in Florida? Is that news?

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #1221
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
No WBTA news....

It's hot in Florida? Is that news?
It's been super hot here the last few days. I'm not used to it yet by any means. I laughed this morning when they said we had a cold front coming in.... it's dropping the temps down to a chilly 84!!!! Made me literally LOL!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1222
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
It's been super hot here the last few days. I'm not used to it yet by any means. I laughed this morning when they said we had a cold front coming in.... it's dropping the temps down to a chilly 84!!!! Made me literally LOL!
We have just had almost 6 weeks of pretty much constant rain cold and general dullness!! Would love to have some of that hot sun sent this way! Lol
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #1223
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

I was so bent on this WBTA -now if it happens and I have the money, maybe we'll connect.
Actually heading for WDW in less than 2 weeks - how hot is hot????
Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #1224
Dizneyholic
WBTA Bound 2014

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Count Gus & Chas in! We did the WBTA 2010 with quite a few people already here!! Would love to do it again. I wish they would announce it so we could book on board the Fantasy next week!! Guess I'll just have to book another dummy date in the meantime.
June '88 - WDW Offsite * Feb '01 - Port Orleans FQ * Oct '03 - Allstar Sports * Sept '04 - Allstar Movies * Sept '05 - Pop Century * May '06 - OKW Grand Villa * Dec '06 - OKW Villa * Jan '08 - AK Villa * May '09 - Boardwalk Villa & Western Caribbean DCL * Nov '09 - BLT Villa & GC Villa * Sept '10 - WBTA DCL & SSR * April '11 - Mexican Riviera DCL * Oct '11 - Aulani Villa * May '12 - EC Fantasy, DCL * May '14 - SD to Vancouver, DCL * Sept '14 - WBTA DCL

U2 LOVER!!!

Dizneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #1225
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
I was so bent on this WBTA -now if it happens and I have the money, maybe we'll connect.
Actually heading for WDW in less than 2 weeks - how hot is hot????
It has been consistently in the 80s-90s since we moved here in March (from WI). We have had about 1 week of rain total in that (where it rained for about an hour each day!)

So far it has been perfect, if not borderline hot. We have been Disney pretty much every week since we got here and some days we have to take it slow for the kids because of the heat.

Can't really complain too much when our family/friends call us to say that they went from High 60's to snow in one day
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #1226
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Just popping in to say hi and to wish all the Mothers on here (and anyone who has been like a mother) a Happy Mother's Day!

Still trying to be patient. As I posted on the FB site for this, patience is not one of my virtues.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 05-13-2012, 06:41 PM   #1227
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

I've been hearing that some of the CMs on the Dream & Fantasy cruises are informing people who are asking that the Magic will be going into drydock next year.

In Europe.

I'm not sure how this is going to affect our plans for another WBTA, but I'll continue to watch for more information.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #1228
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

The dry dock is not new. Most of us expect it to go into dry dock for 5-6 weeks and hopefully do the WBTA after. We know all the port dates line up but you just never know.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #1229
we're aliens
Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads. ...

Us too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneyholic View Post
Count Gus & Chas in! We did the WBTA 2010 with quite a few people already here!! Would love to do it again. I wish they would announce it so we could book on board the Fantasy next week!! Guess I'll just have to book another dummy date in the meantime.
Hi Chas. Enjoy your Fantasy... How was Coldplay???
Yes we are still waiting to get going
We'll be in Pittsburgh next week checking out the Pirates while you are dressing up like pirates!?!?!..
We may be in Vegas in September, but will keep you posted, maybe a mini-meet???
Love to you both.

Jane & Dave
Old 05-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #1230
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I've heard CM's talk about the drydock as well and it's been pretty common knowledge for a long time. It's what happens AFTER the drydock that is the "big mystery".

Of course there is much speculation as to what the drydock will involve. Will they put in the virtual portholes? Will they try to do some of the features that the newer ships have in terms of technology? (the artwork, etc.) Will they try to do a small concierge area?

All conjecture of course. I'm pretty sure that whatever they are doing, it has all been arranged already. Why DCL is waiting to make any announcements as to the 2013 itineraries just isn't known. Doesn't make sense to me from a business standpoint, but who am I? Just a person who would really like to know.

Someone I know said to me that it's only the DIS'ers that want to know so far in advance, and that to the "real" population, announcing only a year out is normal and it's no big deal. Not sure about that, but I still would like to know more than a year out.

We'll have to wait no matter what, until DCL decides to inform the public.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: