Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #1201
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Hi MoKat!

The thread is a bit slow right now, but it wasn't as you can see by our having 80 pages on a "non-existant cruise" meet thread.

When DCL announces this for sure, then this thread will end up being HUGE!

As you can see there is tremendous interest in this itinerary. DCL just needs to let us know....

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #1202
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I just know DCL has read my posts when I said they'd announce it in April. So, it was a "we are out to get Holly" so they are waiting until next week so it'll be May?

Seriously DCL.....PLEASE?
Yup, it's your fault we have to wait

Have a great trip
NW
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 03:29 AM   #1203
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Inside was a brochure and also a little pink slip of paper that said "Think you're going Down Under?..... Think again"!!!!!!

I never recall my dreams so maybe this is a sign, lol. Not the going to Australia bit, just news about the Magic!
I just hope that's really not a sign that Disney will send the Magic Down Under A oneway flight from Miami (for this October) is currently about 300 Euros, a flight from Sidney for the same time is about four times that much! We'd have to swim back home.

Welcome MoKat
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #1204
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

So it's been a month since I last emailed DCL to inquire about when they planned on releasing the balance of 2013 for the Magic and Wonder so I emailed them once again. I received the following expected reply:
We are happy to offer itineraries for Disney Fantasy and Disney Dream
through 2013.

As far as sailings for Disney Magic past August, 2013, Disney Wonder
past September, 2013, or all sailings for 2014 and beyond, we are still
waiting for these to be announced.

We do not have a projected time when these will be available to reserve.
I did reply back again noting:
I find it disappointing and rather frustrating that DCL has not yet announced the itineraries for the Magic and Wonder for the Fall of 2013. It is already less than a year and a half to September of 2013 and many people need to be able to budget for these cruises. I have heard rumors that the itinerary will not be released until possibly this fall which would in effect leave one year for budgeting/planning. This makes budgeting money away for these cruises much more difficult. Additionally, DCL is already a bit pricier than other lines. I have no problem budgeting/saving for this as I prefer DCL but leaving just one year makes it extremely difficult.
I also let them know that I felt that the DCL Management apparetnly is not concerened about the average-earning individual.

I know that nothing will come of this but it does make me feel a bit better.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #1205
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
I know that nothing will come of this but it does make me feel a bit better.
Thank you! Every time I talk to DCL, I let them know my opinions on this. If they hear it enough, maybe they'll pay attention.

So keep on writing folks! I've emailed several times. I get the same stock answers, but again, it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease. I of course, am always a polite squeak, but I squeak!!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #1206
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

I'm hoping we get word soon. I'm trying to plan a visit to see my sister in Germany for next year and I was really hoping to pair it with the WBTA to come home! It would be perfect for two little ones and the icky time change!

So Disney... please hear, read, etc us at least let us know that it is coming back and you just don't know the exact dates. Even just the month will help!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #1207
davidls
DIS Veteran

Hi Ho Everyone!!! It's been like forever, since the last time I posted on here. Got depressed waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting........and guess what WE'RE STILL WAITING!!! Hopefull Disney will come thru for us with an answer!!! I found us clear back on page 5 or something like that. Well here's to keeping our fingers crossed that Disney will announce something for us soon!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #1208
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

waiting..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #1209
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

She's baaaaaaack!

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday. I was just too tired to post much of anything.

She is a beautiful ship, but having now sailed both the Dream and the Fantasy, I still prefer the classic ships. Enjoyed the Fantasy more, both because it was a longer cruise, and because it was a far less full cruise.

I did concierge on both the Dream and the Fantasy. Not sure I'll ever be able to do that again, but it was nice to have that area to get away. On this cruise there seemed to be less kids, or shall I say better behaved kids than on the Dream. No doorbell ringers, no runners up and down halls. Even on the ship overall, the kids were better behaved from what I saw. Excited kids for sure, but that is okay by me. Was very pleasant!

We mostly had good weather. The second at sea day was VERY windy, but still good weather. VERY hot in Costa Maya and Cozumel. I didn't get off the ship at Grand Cayman. Great weather on CC. It was a bit hot in the Family areas, but we went to the Serenity Bay area and sat at a table under an umbrella and it was actually quite pleasant. I did walk into the water and it was very warm.

I had originally booked a cabana on the Family Beach, but since my friend isn't a beach person, it would have been just me, so I decided that $500 was a bit much to spend just for me, and I let it go. I think if I ever go to CC again, I might consider one on SB instead. Depends.

I, of course, asked all I could about the WBTA. No one knew anything. Finally, one day I was talking to Julia in Concierge about it, and she actually called the Manager of Future Cruise sales. That person, (who I believe is a "she") said she did not anticipate the announcement of the rest of 2013, or a WBTA during my cruise. Julia did tell her that I really wanted to book it, and relayed the info that there was a whole cruise thread on a message board with over 100+ people who wanted one. Also told her that it is hard for people to plan if it's not announced far enough out. The Manager didn't have any info, but at least they got another "push" from interested parties that we want and need to know!

Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #1210
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

waiting

An awful lot of poor business sense going on at DCL, re:2013, as well as other issues.
And then there's the website

I'll repeat Holly's litany when aboard the Magic out of NY next month.
squeek, squeek
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:23 AM   #1211
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears

Don't show them how desperate we are they are probably already thinking of making us pay twice of what they are now charging for the EBTA.
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #1212
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Well at this point they have already lost many of the sure bets for cruisers that they would have had because people have to be able to plan with work schedules, etc.

This does have to rank up there with one of the worst DCL business sense decisions ever. I can understand having to get things lined up with drydock, etc., but at this point they really have to have things lined up or risk having ships with no where to put them.

I think part of the problem is that they are not filling all four ships like they thought they would. They are offering FLA, Military and other discounts during what would have been peak times.

They aren't making the best decisions in my opinion. The Miami port was a wrong decision because they did the same ports as PC. Had they done a southern Caribbean it might have been different. I'm not sure how the Galveston sailings are doing.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #1213
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Well at this point they have already lost many of the sure bets for cruisers that they would have had because people have to be able to plan with work schedules, etc.

This does have to rank up there with one of the worst DCL business sense decisions ever. I can understand having to get things lined up with drydock, etc., but at this point they really have to have things lined up or risk having ships with no where to put them.

I think part of the problem is that they are not filling all four ships like they thought they would. They are offering FLA, Military and other discounts during what would have been peak times.

They aren't making the best decisions in my opinion. The Miami port was a wrong decision because they did the same ports as PC. Had they done a southern Caribbean it might have been different. I'm not sure how the Galveston sailings are doing.
The Wonder sailings are short, too! I was thinking of it for next year, especially if they are back in Miami, but c'mon DCL! My girls LOVE the cruise line, but once they don't have the stars in their eyes any longer...we may be moving towards NCL.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #1214
tojam
Tojam

Please count us as a very definate MAYBE!

Tojam (Plus one.....Jamie is pregnant and will deliver in Nov of 12)

NCL Dawn - Repositioning Apr 2014
NCL Getaway - Caribbean Mar 2014
RC Enchantment - Bahamas Feb 2014
Carnival Breeze - Southern Caribbean Jan 2014
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean 2013
RC Oasis of the Seas 2013
Carnival Glory - Caribbean December 2011
Dis Magic- Westbound Transatlantic-September 2011
NCL Jewel - Eastbound Transatlantic - May 2009
Dis Magic - Westbound Transatlantic - August 2007
RC Slendor - Bahamas - February 2007
tojam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:51 PM   #1215
tojam
Tojam

If you like Disney I am not sure NCL will be for you. Of all the lines we have cruised it is by far our worst experience. We did a EBTA from Miami to London on the Jewel and it was really bad! But, it could have just been the cruise. We did not like "Freestyle" at all. To us it was an excuse for the staff to be lazy.

NCL Dawn - Repositioning Apr 2014
NCL Getaway - Caribbean Mar 2014
RC Enchantment - Bahamas Feb 2014
Carnival Breeze - Southern Caribbean Jan 2014
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean 2013
RC Oasis of the Seas 2013
Carnival Glory - Caribbean December 2011
Dis Magic- Westbound Transatlantic-September 2011
NCL Jewel - Eastbound Transatlantic - May 2009
Dis Magic - Westbound Transatlantic - August 2007
RC Slendor - Bahamas - February 2007
tojam is offline   Reply With Quote