Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #1186
CastMember 02
Mouseketeer

Sigh

Im chomping at the bit to hear ANY news, i know some people have pegged the Magic in Gibraltar. yada yada but some of us remember the mess with the Wonder's new home port! Im hitting up my DCL insider i will keep you all updated

2007 4 Night Bahamas-Disney Wonder
2009 7 Night Western Caribbean-Disney Magic
2010 4 Night DVC Members Cruise-Disney Wonder
2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera-Disney Wonder
2012 7 Night Mexican Riveria-Disney Wonder
2014 14 Night Westbound Transatlantic-Disney Magic
CastMember 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #1187
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastMember 02 View Post
Im hitting up my DCL insider i will keep you all updated
If I recall correctly someone did have inside news about the Wonder and Hawaii way back when, so maybe someone CAN find out something.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #1188
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

????? waiting!!

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #1189
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

I'm here, anxiously waiting too.

You are not talking/posting to yourself

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
youalleverybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #1190
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I'm so glad I'm not all here by myself, but I wish more we were all here together celebrating "the" announcement. I hope we will do this soon!

(BTW, I used to work at Soarin')

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #1191
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

in DL or WDW??

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #1192
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geffric View Post
in DL or WDW??
In Epcot, at WDW. Been a few year since I worked there, I believe the last time was in 2010.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:19 PM   #1193
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

Very cool! Perhaps our paths have unknowingly crossed...we rode Soarin' in Epcot several times during our 2010 visit. Hope to meet you soon in Barcelona or onboard the Magic!!

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
youalleverybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #1194
missjudit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I'm so glad I'm not all here by myself, but I wish more we were all here together celebrating "the" announcement. I hope we will do this soon!

(BTW, I used to work at Soarin')
Me, too. Just waiting!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:25 AM   #1195
Piggeldy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
But if DCL doesn't get off the stick...they'll lose even more people. That is unless they really come up with a "you can't miss this" itinerary.
Any TA with more than one stop in the Caribbean will be a "you can't miss this" itinerary for us

We talked it through over the weekend. We will wait (patiently *lol*) for an announcement about the Magic's plans after dry dock. If the WBTA happens we'll see how much it will cost us and go for it if as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

If it ends in Miami/Port Canaveral - fine. We might add a couple of days in WDW.

If it doesn't end in Florida - fine. We can either fly back home from "wherever" (as long as that is in the US) or rent a car and add a little road trip from "wherever" to the cheapest air port. No WDW in that case but that wouldn't be a big deal.

If it ends anywhere outside the US - we are out. No way we are flying back home from Brazil

If there is no WBTA (though I don't think keeping the Magic in the Mediterranean longer sounds like a great idea) we'll consider one of the Mediterranean cruises. As we are flexible about dates (especially if cruising in Europe - inexpensive flights and no need to get a passport or worry about ESTA) we might wait if they come up with GTY/IGT/OGT/VGT and go for one of those if inexpensive enough.

If they send the Magic to the moon... well, we will consider that. Of course depends on cost for return flights and itinerary.

If we end up with nothing we will have to think about flying to the US and cruising from there or switching to another 2013 TA (though we haven't found an itinerary I like so far). When cruising from the US we'd surely go for itinerary (from east coast) which might mean that we'd turn away from DCL, depending on options.

I have a plan A, B, C, D and E!
Piggeldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:45 AM   #1196
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggeldy View Post
Any TA with more than one stop in the Caribbean will be a "you can't miss this" itinerary for us

We talked it through over the weekend. We will wait (patiently *lol*) for an announcement about the Magic's plans after dry dock. If the WBTA happens we'll see how much it will cost us and go for it if as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

If it ends in Miami/Port Canaveral - fine. We might add a couple of days in WDW.

If it doesn't end in Florida - fine. We can either fly back home from "wherever" (as long as that is in the US) or rent a car and add a little road trip from "wherever" to the cheapest air port. No WDW in that case but that wouldn't be a big deal.

If it ends anywhere outside the US - we are out. No way we are flying back home from Brazil

If there is no WBTA (though I don't think keeping the Magic in the Mediterranean longer sounds like a great idea) we'll consider one of the Mediterranean cruises. As we are flexible about dates (especially if cruising in Europe - inexpensive flights and no need to get a passport or worry about ESTA) we might wait if they come up with GTY/IGT/OGT/VGT and go for one of those if inexpensive enough.

If they send the Magic to the moon... well, we will consider that. Of course depends on cost for return flights and itinerary.

If we end up with nothing we will have to think about flying to the US and cruising from there or switching to another 2013 TA (though we haven't found an itinerary I like so far). When cruising from the US we'd surely go for itinerary (from east coast) which might mean that we'd turn away from DCL, depending on options.

I have a plan A, B, C, D and E!
Oooooooooh! BRazil! Never thought of that and I've ALWays wanted to go there! (Every since we had a Brazillian exchange student in high school who said "Linda es lindo" which apparently Linda means beautiful or some such thing )
Old 04-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #1197
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I just know DCL has read my posts when I said they'd announce it in April. So, it was a "we are out to get Holly" so they are waiting until next week so it'll be May?

Seriously DCL.....PLEASE?

Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #1198
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

I have now started dreaming about when this cruise gets released and all kinds of other goings on with the Magic. Last night I was randomly handed a dcl envelope when I came out of the cinema!!!!!!
Inside was a brochure and also a little pink slip of paper that said "Think you're going Down Under?..... Think again"!!!!!!

I never recall my dreams so maybe this is a sign, lol. Not the going to Australia bit, just news about the Magic!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #1199
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Something is going to happen soon, that is for sure. But whether that "soon" is within a week, two weeks or three, is not clear.

People are already chomping at the bit for the 2014 cruises!

Oh well I'll be on the Fantasy on Saturday. I'll question anyone if I can.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #1200
Mokat76
DisKat

Add me to the list of folks who wants the WBTA. ThePhantomGirl just told me about this thread, so I'm a bit slow joining. Keeping fingers crossed for this one!
Mokat76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: