Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #1171
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
We have a 3-night next month and it is still on page 2...most of the posts are mine. I finally quit talking to myself.
So did you answer yourself?

Oh come ON DCL...I miss this thread being so active. And the only way to get it truly active again is to just go ahead and announce this cruise.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #1172
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

lol I know exactly what you mean about talking to yourself, it's a bit like that on that thread. No chance of any FE being set up!!!!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #1173
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

I think I'm going to sit out of the FE next time. It's just one more layer of stuff to worry about.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #1174
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I wouldn't do the FE on this because I'll need every single bit of packing space for me! Packing for this long of a trip will be a challenge for me as it is....but of course I'm willing to take the challenge.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 04-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #1175
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Our fe gifts and candy exchange items weighed 5kgs last year!!! We would definitely take part again but maybe next time with flat and lighter gifts
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #1176
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Our fe gifts and candy exchange items weighed 5kgs last year!!! We would definitely take part again but maybe next time with flat and lighter gifts
We gave the candy we did not eat to our room steward and waiters.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #1177
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
LOL.. in January on our MR cruise, one family gave these really neat ceramic tiles with the cruise logo..all i could do was admire it and think how heavy it had to be to lug in the luggage.
Glad we did CDs. light, easy to carry..

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #1178
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Jumping ship

We booked another WBTA last week. Great ports, lots of sea days, and probably a much better price than we would have gotten with Disney.

Still booked for a Fantasy cruise in October, and really excited to be sailing with friends and exploring the new ship.

Happy sailing!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #1179
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Ah sorry to see you go, but I'm glad you got a sailing you are happy with! Have a great cruise!

Come on DCL, I really thought we'd have heard by now...

My luck is that they'll announce it when I'm on the Fantasy next week, and I won't know about it.

Anyway, I hope you two have a wonderful TA!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #1180
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Back here talking almost to myself....

My cruise on the Fantasy is now in just one week! Hooray!

I really thought we'd have known something by now though....sigh....

So how is everyone?

Should we do a pool for guesses when it's really announced? The winner gets a Mickey Bar while on the cruise? (yes, those are free...gotta stay within guidelines you know - this is just for fun....)

Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 PM   #1181
Jen24
Mouseketeer

If DCL doesn't do something soon we might be looking at other lines too for a WBTA. It would break our hearts but we need lead time to plan a couple of weeks in Europe and a cruise. How much longer can they wait??
Jen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #1182
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Yes, it is getting to the point where people will book other lines because they HAVE to plan. If DCL is just waiting without having a strong and valid reason they are truly hurting themselves.

I cannot believe they would not have drydock plans already in order by now as those things aren't done last minute. Neither are many port reservations.

If they were waiting for the first few Fantasy sailings then it's time. The Fantasy just is not getting the fanfare that the Dream got, and there are no huge negative reviews either. So that reasoning, if that is what they were doing, just doesn't make sense now to hold out announcing. If they haven't announced the sailings in the next week or so they really ARE hurting themselves.

Old 04-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1183
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

SOME of the cruise lines are actually coming out with some 2014 sailings! Got an email with dates for Celebrity that go to April '14. A couple of nice TA's, but I've really got to do a DCL sailing as I can't cancel because of my cruise having been a prior concierge reservation. So if no WBTA, I'll keep Alaska.

But if DCL doesn't get off the stick...they'll lose even more people. That is unless they really come up with a "you can't miss this" itinerary.

And yes, I'm still talking mostly to myself

Old 04-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #1184
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Hey Hollly,

I'm listening so that means you are not talking to yourself.
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #1185
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

I'm listening too Holly!! Just very discouraged with the entire process. Hoping that other household expenses don't work away at my cruise budget.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: