Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #871
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I have a couple of questions for all of you veteran WBTA cruisers out there. This will be DW's and my first Transatlantic Cruise. This is something DW and I have wanted to do for sometime now, but it just never worked out for us in the past. Did Disney, on the past Transatlantic cruises, wait on announcing the West Bound Transatlantic Cruise? Or is this one the first? If Disney did this before how long did they wait to announce the West Bound TA? Just wondering. Thanks all.
No they haven't waited in the past, they have been announced along with the EBTA & Med cruises.

Personally I think the delay this time is due to the "rumoured" dry dock that is due to happen in Venice. I guess they are still in negotiations with them & are delaying the WBTA announcement until the contracts are signed.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #872
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Did Disney, on the past Transatlantic cruises, wait on announcing the West Bound Transatlantic Cruise? Or is this one the first? If Disney did this before how long did they wait to announce the West Bound TA? Just wondering. Thanks all.
David - I am not sure about past ones as I didn't go. But I do know that several other lines have NOT announced their 2013 TA's yet either. NCL's Epic is one that I do know has (or that you can find out about as I didn't see it on their site)

I just got off the Dream yesterday. You can be sure I mentioned it to everyone I could that we want the WBTA! I booked a dummy cruise all ready to go in case.

Now it's just waiting for them to announce it. I suspect it will be in April that we will hear about the rest of 2013.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #873
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Since the itineraries that were announced did nothing for me, it looks more like a possibility that I WILL do the WBTA (can't go a year without a DCL cruise, can I???). Now, if this could leave out of Venice, that would be ideal
Monica

I hope you can join us on this "they'd better do it" cruise! Oh, I'd love it if it left out of Venice.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 02-06-2012, 02:45 PM   #874
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Hello everyone

I just got off the Dream yesterday. Some good things, and some not-so-good things happened, but that's a long story. I'll relate it some other time.

I did ask everyone about the WBTA, but no one had any real information.

I went ahead and booked a dummy cruise (or placeholder cruise as some call it). I called tripinsurancestore.com for some information as the WBTA is definitely a cruise I would want insured. I wanted to know what happens because I booked a dummy date, and of course at this point I don't know dates or costs.

Deeana said that all but one company (which I think was TravelGuard) consider this a future credit cruise. Therefore, I CAN insure it with both "cancel for any reason" or "pre-existing conditions" when I move the dummy cruise to the WBTA. (well, as long as I do that within the guidelines of the company I pick, which is usually like 14 days or so.)

She told me I COULD insure it now, but would have to make sure I used a company that allows you to change the date, and didn't have a requirement that the insurance would have to be used within a year of making the original booking. Since this trip is almost two years out, that would be a problem.

I figure this is important info for those who will want to insure this trip but will also be utilizing dummy bookings. Hope this helps.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #875
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Hello everyone

I just got off the Dream yesterday. Some good things, and some not-so-good things happened, but that's a long story. I'll relate it some other time.

I did ask everyone about the WBTA, but no one had any real information.

I went ahead and booked a dummy cruise (or placeholder cruise as some call it). I called tripinsurancestore.com for some information as the WBTA is definitely a cruise I would want insured. I wanted to know what happens because I booked a dummy date, and of course at this point I don't know dates or costs.

Deeana said that all but one company (which I think was TravelGuard) consider this a future credit cruise. Therefore, I CAN insure it with both "cancel for any reason" or "pre-existing conditions" when I move the dummy cruise to the WBTA. (well, as long as I do that within the guidelines of the company I pick, which is usually like 14 days or so.)

She told me I COULD insure it now, but would have to make sure I used a company that allows you to change the date, and didn't have a requirement that the insurance would have to be used within a year of making the original booking. Since this trip is almost two years out, that would be a problem.

I figure this is important info for those who will want to insure this trip but will also be utilizing dummy bookings. Hope this helps.
That is good to know! I will make sure to take care of that when we move our booking.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #876
wdwishes1990
DIS Veteran

WDWISHES1990 Jennifer Stuff & Christeena Dinehart (DFRIEND)
5/02 1/03 11/03 1/04 5/04 6/04 5/05 9/05 2/06 POR 11/04 9/05 2/07*PPP CSR 1/00 3/05 12/06*MVMCP YC 4/05 3/06 WL 1/06 BW 8/06 10/06 9/07Poly*MNSSHP 06,07 4/07 Dolphin
12/95 4/01 3/06 4/07 06/08 DISNEYLAND
8/10 DISNEY MAGIC MEDITERRANEAN 11/10 MAGIC WESTERN CARIBBEAN 9/11 WBT 10/12 Magic Galveston Western Caribbean, WONDER 5/12 Pacific
wdwishes1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #877
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Sure just ask away. We live about 25 miles west of Tampa on the coast. I had the pleasure of mowing my yard today and trimming the hedges. Get to do this year round. Wouldn't have mowed today but next door neighbor man mowed his last week and mine was begining to look ragged. He is one of those guys that goes out with a ruler and if his grass is 1/4" taller then mine he runs and jumps on his riding mower and fires her up to mow his grass down to the smae height as mine. (I wait untill mine measures at least 1/2" taller!!!)
Haha, I guess it's an awesome problem to have! Although this winter has been unusually warm (it's 50 here today!!!) I'm getting more and more excited for the move and hopefully lots of sun!
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #878
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
No they haven't waited in the past, they have been announced along with the EBTA & Med cruises.

Personally I think the delay this time is due to the "rumoured" dry dock that is due to happen in Venice. I guess they are still in negotiations with them & are delaying the WBTA announcement until the contracts are signed.
Thanks for the answers Pinky 166. I had forgotten about the rumoured dry dock for the Magic. I guess that does make sense. Just wish DCL would hurry up and let us know something!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
David - I am not sure about past ones as I didn't go. But I do know that several other lines have NOT announced their 2013 TA's yet either. NCL's Epic is one that I do know has (or that you can find out about as I didn't see it on their site)

I just got off the Dream yesterday. You can be sure I mentioned it to everyone I could that we want the WBTA! I booked a dummy cruise all ready to go in case.

Now it's just waiting for them to announce it. I suspect it will be in April that we will hear about the rest of 2013.
Thanks Holly. And by the way welcome back. But I am sure you would rather be cruising!!! I read in a your later post you had some not-so-good-times on your cruise. Hope it was nothing serious. Please let us know whathappened!!! And that is good information to have about the insurance. I'll keep that in mind for this cruise as well. Thank you.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #879
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonduck View Post
Haha, I guess it's an awesome problem to have! Although this winter has been unusually warm (it's 50 here today!!!) I'm getting more and more excited for the move and hopefully lots of sun!
Awww, neighbor man is not all that bad. He has his moments though. We love it down here, and I am sure you and your family will too.
The weather has been mild all over the states this year. After last year when ya'll up north there were getting snow storm after snow storm. Today it is to be around 80 degrees with a chance of showers this adfternoon. We can use the rain. The winter months are our dry season.

I think I remember you said you would be moving to Orlando - wasn't it? Another good point, you will only be about an hour away from Port Canaveral and the Disney Cruise Line from there. We always drive over a couple of days before a cruise and stay at one of Disney's resorts - we like to extend the vacation as long as we can. Then we drive to the port the day of the cruise.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 02-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #880
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Another possible WBTA cruiser

Hi everyone,

well what can I say, DH and I currently still have a 7-night Eastern on the Fantasy booked for 2013 - but the WBTA sounds like just the thing we would want to cancel it for

So, if the WBTA really does happen (which it must eventually, mustn't it?) ...

And if the timing is right so we both get time off work ...

And if it is roughly in the same price range as the EBTA ...

And if DH doesn't suddenly change his mind after finally admitting he wouldn't mind spending 14 days on a ship ...

And of course, if it leaves out of Venice since that somehow makes for incredibly affordable open jaw flights (at least, if the US port we fly out of doesn't make it all expensive again) ...

... we will most definitely be joining you!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)
2015: Eastbound Transatlantic (Magic, 15 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #881
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annichan View Post
Hi everyone,

well what can I say, DH and I currently still have a 7-night Eastern on the Fantasy booked for 2013 - but the WBTA sounds like just the thing we would want to cancel it for

So, if the WBTA really does happen (which it must eventually, mustn't it?) ...

And if the timing is right so we both get time off work ...

And if it is roughly in the same price range as the EBTA ...

And if DH doesn't suddenly change his mind after finally admitting he wouldn't mind spending 14 days on a ship ...

And of course, if it leaves out of Venice since that somehow makes for incredibly affordable open jaw flights (at least, if the US port we fly out of doesn't make it all expensive again) ...

... we will most definitely be joining you!
Glad to you Annichan and DH to the cruise. We all are going with not an "if" but a "When" DCL announces the WBTA cruise. And, hopefully it will announced sooner then later.

I don't know if you remember me or not Annichan. Back a couple or a few years ago we both were booked to go on a Disney Cruise. For the life of me I can't remember which one. But anyway, DW and I had to cancel that cruise. I remember commenting on your avatar picture of your three kitties. At the time we had 3 kitties as well. Sadly we are minus one, she passed away a few months ago. She was 17 years old. She was a stray kitty who came to our door looking for a home. We took her in and she adopted us right away.

I was surprised to see your post. I guess it is true.................EVERYONE sing it with me............."It's a small world after all"............"It's a small world after all"............"It'a a small world after all"................."It'a a small, small world!!!!"
Any way glad you are joining us on the cruise!!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #882
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

David,

I think I'll just leave most of my recent cruise to the posts I've already written about what went wrong. I just now know that a 3 day doesn't work for me overall.

So I'd rather mostly talk about the good things here. I DID have a good time otherwise. After all, I was in Concierge, so how bad can it be? Because of the crowds and the issues we did stay as much as possible in the concierge areas and our suite. Other than the doorbell ringing, that area was wonderful. We didn't go in the concierge lounge before 9:30 AM as that's when all the kids were there. (for some reason there were a higher than normal amount of kids in concierge) So 95% of the time we loved the concierge lounge! Loved Rodrigo! Loved our suite and the extended veranda. MDR food was really good. After much trouble, we DID get our requested server Szilard who was truly wonderful. The Head Server (who some people rarely see) in our case went above and beyond.

We didn't leave the ship. The weather on CC wasn't great so we were happy to stay onboard. Won't be the case for me in April as at the moment I have a cabana rented!

The only thing that went bad that affects this thread is that I tried really hard to get a Friends & Family certificate for someone on here. Took 5 requests, and they still didn't get it right as they used my January cruise...and I've already changed that date, since coming back ,because my friend found out she couldn't do the original date we had booked. So I don't think the person I tried to get the F&F certificate can use it. It may have not worked anyway, as I'm not sure if the rules allow changes in dates, and since the WBTA isn't announced, all I could do was to do a dummy booking. I could try again in April.

I am looking forward to the Fantasy April cruise!

Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 02-07-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Clarity - need more coffee - LOL
Old 02-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #883
annichan

Quote:
Glad to you Annichan and DH to the cruise. We all are going with not an "if" but a "When" DCL announces the WBTA cruise. And, hopefully it will announced sooner then later.

I don't know if you remember me or not Annichan. Back a couple or a few years ago we both were booked to go on a Disney Cruise. For the life of me I can't remember which one. But anyway, DW and I had to cancel that cruise. I remember commenting on your avatar picture of your three kitties. At the time we had 3 kitties as well. Sadly we are minus one, she passed away a few months ago. She was 17 years old. She was a stray kitty who came to our door looking for a home. We took her in and she adopted us right away.

I was surprised to see your post. I guess it is true.................EVERYONE sing it with me............."It's a small world after all"............"It's a small world after all"............"It'a a small world after all"................."It'a a small, small world!!!!"
Any way glad you are joining us on the cruise!!!!
Hi David,

thank you for the welcome, of course I remember you! In fact, when I looked at the preliminary roll call for this WBTA, I saw your name and thought "Cool, there's someone that I sort of know already!"

So sorry to hear about your kitty, I know how horrible it is to lose a beloved pet. I can only hope that our three will stay with us and healthy for many years to come!

(Except I wish they would stop sitting in front of the screen and blocking my view of what I'm writing already, like the red one's doing right now! )

Anyway, if we indeed get to go on this cruise, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person. By the way, the cruise you cancelled would have been the October 2010 Western Caribbean we went on!
And you're certainly right about it being a "small word after all" ... on our last cruise, we made friends with a very nice Canadian family only because she recognized me from the pictures in my dining reports, and started talking to me. Love the DIS!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

Old 02-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #884
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Annichan, I will look forward to meeting you too! We lived 9 years in Bitburg, in the Eifel - and brought a kitty home with us. Lowe lived to be 18! May your kitties also have long lives.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:57 AM   #885
annichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Annichan, I will look forward to meeting you too! We lived 9 years in Bitburg, in the Eifel - and brought a kitty home with us. Lowe lived to be 18! May your kitties also have long lives.
Looking forward to meeting you too! I admit I've never been to or near Bitburg, but I know the Eifel region is said to be beautiful. How cute that you picked up a German cat!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: