Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 AM   #811
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

If you noticed there are no fall itineraries listed for either the Magic or the Wonder. Not exactly overly happy that I've been waiting all this time for an announcement and it's not complete????? Really DCL???
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #812
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I know...its frustrating. But I do think it will still happen. Just it makes it hard for those who do need to plan...

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #813
ravensilverlight
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
What? I see the 14 day Eastbound on the sailings for the Magic, but it doesn't say a Westbound? That wouldn't make sense, would it?
Well, if what goes up must come down, then what goes East must come West! They can't possibly leave the Magic over there forever!

It seems to me that the rumors might be true - that the Magic will be going into an extensive dry dock in 2013. Then she can come out lookin' good for a WBTA in celebration of my birthday in October! That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

In the meantime...watch and wait, watch and wait...

Disney Wonder, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013 * Disney Magic, 2011 * Disney Dream, 2013
ravensilverlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #814
D73
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post
Well, if what goes up must come down, then what goes East must come West! They can't possibly leave the Magic over there forever!
Why not? The carpets on the Dream have 4 ships on the map with 1 West Coast bar a star for Disneyland, 2 in the East near a star for WDW, and another on the Eastern Atlantic next to Europe and a star that perhaps is Disneyland Resort Paris. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzIVQAXJ0Q4

Cruising in the Med is becoming a year round activity. So perhaps dry dock or perhaps and extended stay with Winter cruises in the med
Old 01-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #815
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensilverlight View Post

In the meantime...watch and wait, watch and wait...
lol My sharp detective skills tell me there will be a lot of that going on

And once they announce the 2013 WBTA, I would like them to announce the EBTA 2014, so I will be able to use my return plane ticket to go from the US to UK and back again !!!

margaret
Old 01-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #816
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I think they should announce the schedule for the next five years!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #817
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Here is the response I just received in reference to the email I sent to Karl Holtz:

Holly,

We appreciate your enthusiasm for Disney Cruise Line and thank you for
your recent inquiry.

We are always evaluating new itineraries and will continue to do so into
the future. As such, we are still finalizing plans for our fall
sailings aboard the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder in 2013 and look
forward to sharing that information when the time is right.

Again, thank you for your inquiry.

Sincerely,

George
Guest Communications
Disney Cruise Line

Old 01-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #818
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Some Observations...

There are exactly five weeks between the end of the final 2013 published med cruise and the possible?? WBTA. If we assume the port schedules in Gibraltar and Madeira are correct, that five weeks would leave plenty of time for an extensive drydock (although I still don't see why the company would spend the extra money for a drydock in Europe when they could get it done cheaper here in the US). Early fall 2013 would also be just past 15 years service for the Magic which might make her due for extensive maintenance.

I also wonder if the WBTA might return to Galveston and be a direct opposite to the EBTA. The dates appear to work if we assume the Gibraltar date and Madeira date are correct. The Castaway Cay date would fall on Wednesday the 23rd and that works as the Dream is scheduled to be at sea that day.

A little off topic, but according to the newly revised 2012/2013 Itinerary Brochure, the 5/19 Dream cruise and the 5/18 EBTA appear to both have Castaway Cay days scheduled for Tuesday, May 21st. That certainly can't happen. Kind of surprised they didn't catch that and publish the Dream to be at sea that day and at Castaway Cay on Wednesday the 22nd.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #819
PirateLife4Me:)
Mouseketeer

Im planning on booking the eastbound tomorrow which I would only go on if there is no westbound in 2013. Does anyone else plan on doing this? I can always change bookings in a WBTA comes out right?
9/05/09 - 7 Night Western Caribbean (Magic)
4/10/10 - 14 Night Transatlantic Eastbound (Magic)
10/23/10 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
1/26/11 - 4 Night Bahamian (Dream)Maiden Voyage
2/11/12 - 7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Magic)
1/10/13 - 4 Night Bahamian (Wonder)
1/14/13 - 5 Night Western (Wonder)
9/05/13 - 3 Night Bahamian (Dream)
2/21/14 - 5 Night Western (Wonder)
2/26/14 - 4 Night Bahamian (Wonder)
PirateLife4Me:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM   #820
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwdefouw View Post
Some Observations...

There are exactly five weeks between the end of the final 2013 published med cruise and the possible?? WBTA. If we assume the port schedules in Gibraltar and Madeira are correct, that five weeks would leave plenty of time for an extensive drydock (although I still don't see why the company would spend the extra money for a drydock in Europe when they could get it done cheaper here in the US). Early fall 2013 would also be just past 15 years service for the Magic which might make her due for extensive maintenance.

I also wonder if the WBTA might return to Galveston and be a direct opposite to the EBTA. The dates appear to work if we assume the Gibraltar date and Madeira date are correct. The Castaway Cay date would fall on Wednesday the 23rd and that works as the Dream is scheduled to be at sea that day.

Well thought out, that was what I was thinking, I can't see DCL having all there ships in the same area. And we now know from FB that DCL have no intention of making an annoucement about the WBTA. for a couple of months, they still have a few things to work out. So we are still playing the waiting game

margaret
Old 01-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #821
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Well thought out, that was what I was thinking, I can't see DCL having all there ships in the same area. And we now know from FB that DCL have no intention of making an annoucement about the WBTA. for a couple of months, they still have a few things to work out. So we are still playing the waiting game

margaret
I'm as antsy as a kid in a candy store waiting for Disney to give us the date for this cruise. I got the same email message everyone else got. Oh well, guess there is nothing we can do - but wait!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #822
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateLife4Me:) View Post
Im planning on booking the eastbound tomorrow which I would only go on if there is no westbound in 2013. Does anyone else plan on doing this? I can always change bookings in a WBTA comes out right?
We are still hoping for the WBTA, but did have our TA book EBTA for us this morning. Got a call from her a while ago with our cabin #.

Guess I'll start looking for the thread.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #823
chunkster20uk
Yes...the TF has visited me too!

Although I would have loved them to have released the dates and prices for the WBTA, I am still looking forward to this cruise.

The ports are still booked (when I last checked), it won't stay in the Med around the Holiday Season etc so it will have to go back, and they won't send it back empty.

Any way keep positive and keep counting down the days!!

chunkster20uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #824
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

I had my TA look at the EB Panama Canal.

Cat 11B for 1 person is 3200!!!! I can go on the EBTA and WBTA for that price (or close to it). Hey.... I may just do that

Oh well.... no Panama Canal for me. Maybe one day when I'm Gold and have someone to share the cost.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #825
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster20uk View Post

Any way keep positive and keep counting down the days!!
Do I see an opportunity to sneak in my countdown again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: