Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #766
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Can't imagine the Disney family of ships without the Magic. Would they build another to replace her? - The Magic Returns.

All these new theories have made my head spin
There will always have to be a DCL Magic...after all, what is Disney without Magic!

And yes.....too many theories. I don't want to think about those.....just the WBTA next year please...ON THE MAGIC!

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #767
DISNEYFAN_SD
Mouseketeer

Reading all of these of possibly not WBTA is making me depressed... Need to think positive thoughts The one thing also to think about is that the Magic was listed in being at port of calls in Europe.

DVC members
D23 Members DisneyWorld too many times to count DCL Cruises: 4 night Carribean Cruise 2009, Transalantic East 2010, Transalantic West 2011, Westbound Carribean 2012, Eastbound Carribean 2013, WBTA 2014
DISNEYFAN_SD is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #768
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

I do feel confident that the TA cruises will take place next year.
After reading a number of the news network stories, they state it would be a poor time for cruise companies (Disney) to announce any new cruises, because the concern is that "virgin cruisers" as they are being called, as well as return cruisers might feel less compelled to book a cruise at this time.
Really makes perfect sense!!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:02 AM   #769
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
I do feel confident that the TA cruises will take place next year.
After reading a number of the news network stories, they state it would be a poor time for cruise companies (Disney) to announce any new cruises, because the concern is that "virgin cruisers" as they are being called, as well as return cruisers might feel less compelled to book a cruise at this time.
Really makes perfect sense!!

STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE....

I don't think they will delay much longer...all the cruise firms now need $$$£££ deposits in their coffers because this terrible disaster will definitely hit bookings.

Big business's are NOT sentimental when it comes to making profits and I think they will announce soon but just maybe not so loud as was planned.

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:32 AM   #770
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post
STAY POSITIVE EVERYONE....
Note to self - "Stay Positive" The WBTA will happen!!!! I know it will............I know it will................I know it will...............I know it will............it's got to............it's got to........it's got to.............it's got to!!! I'm staying positive...........and sending nothing but good thoughts DCL's way!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 08:48 AM   #771
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I am positive that it will happen! DCL wants my money. Really they do. I saw their name printed all over my $'s. They will not let it get away....

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #772
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

I have a funny feeling that Europe is still in the plans ..... we are not going to be disappointed
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #773
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I am positive that it will happen! DCL wants my money. Really they do. I saw their name printed all over my $'s. They will not let it get away....
You know what Holly I got to thinking as to what you just said. So, I pulled out my wallet and sure enough there was DCL written all over every bill in my wallet!!! How do they do that????

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #774
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
You know what Holly I got to thinking as to what you just said. So, I pulled out my wallet and sure enough there was DCL written all over every bill in my wallet!!! How do they do that????
It has something to do with a maniacal mouse....

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 01-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #775
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Oh, the MOUSE is sane enough - it's we manically devoted followers!
Old 01-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #776
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Maybe we will get a hint tonight.

20/20 is doing their whole hour on the cruise industry tonight.

Last night on ABC World news they mentioned the show and said-
We have to give full disclosure that the parent company for ABC is Disney and they have a cruise line as well.

SO maybe we will learn something tonight.
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #777
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Wow - post here as soon as anyone knows anything! I'm not sure I'll be home to watch it, but if I am - I will be glued to the set!

AND I am gearing up to book this next week. I have a feeling it will be soon. (that maniacal mouse wants my money!)

Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #778
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
It has something to do with a maniacal mouse....
Ya'll crack me up.

I may not have DCL on my money (cash? what cash?) but I do have Disney on my VISA I get more comments on my Tinkerbell visa.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #779
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

For those in the know,

I have a friend who MAY go on the WBTA - complicated circumstances determine if she goes or not.

Should I book for two people or one?
If I book for two and she can't go, will my cruise price drop to the solo price (this would be before final payment date of course)?

What is the prevailing wisdom?

Kristi
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #780
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2travel View Post
Ya'll crack me up.
Just doing our jobs, M'am.

On your other question, I'd tell you to book for two. Mainly because if you wait and the price goes UP - she'd have to pay the higher rate. What I am not sure about is what would happen if she dropped. I do know that yes, you'd go to the solo rate. It's just not sure if it would go to the rate when you booked, or at the time you drop her. I know there are TA's on this thread, perhaps they know? I have always heard though it's easier to drop than to add.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: