Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #676
davidls
DIS Veteran

Morning All. I too was away for about a day and a half and wow did I fall behind on all of the posts!!! Note to self: Check The DIS Board each and every day!!!

I too was thinking like most everyone that we would be returning to Port Canaveral. Galeston never entered my thoughts!!! Port Canaveral, Miami or Tampa would be fine for us. I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. This is the week we should know something for sure!!!

I noticed on here a few pages back someone mentioned a facebook page. Now I am not setup on facebook. Frankly, don't not anything about it. How hard is it to setup? Can you keep all of your info private? Can someone help a facebook challenged guy out here???

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:27 AM   #677
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
I noticed on here a few pages back someone mentioned a facebook page. Now I am not setup on facebook. Frankly, don't not anything about it. How hard is it to setup? Can you keep all of your info private? Can someone help a facebook challenged guy out here???
It's been so long since I set up my account, I don't remember much. I think you just go to Facebook homepage and register. You can then go to the Transatlantic FB page and make a request to join. You can also go to individual members' pages and make "friend" requests. That way you can see stuff on their pages, and pictures they post. Here's the link to that page: 2013 Transatlantic page

You can set your privacy settings to "private," but even still, things can happen. I went to a lecture by an internet security expert (used to work for the FBI or something) a couple of years ago, and he said it's possible for unscrupulous sorts to get into your account, use your pics, etc., no matter how "private" you think you've made everything. It even happened to him!

That said, it's not likely that anything will happen with your account. I just make sure I never post anything that I wouldn't want the entire world to see. So I post my birthday w/o the year and just post fairly vague info about work/school/etc. I know there are ways to set up groups so that some people can see some things but not others, but I haven't bothered with that. I usually set my pictures to either "Friends" or "Public" so that people on the Tranny cruise page who aren't on my friends list can see them.

Okay, I hope that helps. I'm sure there are more FB savvy sorts here who can give you more advice, but this should get you started.

PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #678
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
It's been so long since I set up my account, I don't remember much. I think you just go to Facebook homepage and register. You can then go to the Transatlantic FB page and make a request to join. You can also go to individual members' pages and make "friend" requests. That way you can see stuff on their pages, and pictures they post. Here's the link to that page: 2013 Transatlantic page

You can set your privacy settings to "private," but even still, things can happen. I went to a lecture by an internet security expert (used to work for the FBI or something) a couple of years ago, and he said it's possible for unscrupulous sorts to get into your account, use your pics, etc., no matter how "private" you think you've made everything. It even happened to him!

That said, it's not likely that anything will happen with your account. I just make sure I never post anything that I wouldn't want the entire world to see. So I post my birthday w/o the year and just post fairly vague info about work/school/etc. I know there are ways to set up groups so that some people can see some things but not others, but I haven't bothered with that. I usually set my pictures to either "Friends" or "Public" so that people on the Tranny cruise page who aren't on my friends list can see them.

Okay, I hope that helps. I'm sure there are more FB savvy sorts here who can give you more advice, but this should get you started.
Ok, thanks PFlamingo. That doesn't sound too bad. I'll go and check it out. And thanks for the link to the TA facebook page. I've just heard some things that sorta worried me about joining. I know allot of people do use facebook, just never had a reason myself to join, until I saw that there was a TA facebook page.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #679
davidls
DIS Veteran

Sorry double post!

Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 AM   #680
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I've used Facebook for quite awhile. I don't tend to post very personal stuff since it's changed. Mostly jokes and cute animal photos.

I do still like it as it's easy for my son and DIL to post photos of the kids that I can see.

The downside these days is that you can get many strange messages and friend requests. That's why so many groups are going private. For example, because I am learning sign language and am hard-of-hearing, I frequent some Deaf sites. I now get a ton of "you have won the Deaf lottery" messages, plus tons of messages from men who are just "enamored" by my profile photo. There is, unfortunately, many who prey on certain groups (like the Deaf) to scam them.

Its just a matter of being aware.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #681
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

The Disney Cruise Line posted on their FB page that there would be clues left on their Twitter page today as to what is going on with the Magic and The Wonder. So, it does appear that they will do the announcements on Wednesday!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #682
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyCruiseLine

In 2013 the Disney Fantasy will sail to the Caribbean, the Disney Dream to the Bahamas, the Disney Magic to _______ and the Disney Wonder to _______. See if you can fill in the blanks with the photo clues on our Twitter page today and tomorrow!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #683
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
https://www.facebook.com/DisneyCruiseLine

In 2013 the Disney Fantasy will sail to the Caribbean, the Disney Dream to the Bahamas, the Disney Magic to _______ and the Disney Wonder to _______. See if you can fill in the blanks with the photo clues on our Twitter page today and tomorrow!
The Magic to Europe and Western Repositioning from Venice back to Port Canaveral via Bermuda....

The Wonder to a base in Hawaii and cruise the Hawaiian Islands

PLEASE PLEASE DCL AND THANK YOU

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #684
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Okay, I could like a WBTA from Venice stopping in Bermuda! Although the port schedules don't seem to suggest Bermuda - Venice COULD be possible?

Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #685
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Okay, I could like a WBTA from Venice stopping in Bermuda! Although the port schedules don't seem to suggest Bermuda - Venice COULD be possible?
NO Bermuda was my wishful thinking.....but did you see what someone posted on FB...

have just seen this on theFB:-

I just took a survey from my recent cruise on the Wonder, and at the end they asked about interest in possible itineraries. I've copied the list here: it seems line up very well with all the rumors we've been hearing! It would suggest that the Wonder will be doing trips out of Miami in the winter, going though PC, some trips out of LA to MR, and Alaska (with repositioning via HI) in 2013. It suggests that the Magic will stay out of Barcelona but will have a few different (and longer) itineraries to include more Eastern Med sites. See below:

4-NIGHT BAHAMAS*(starting at $879)

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Miami, Florida

5-NIGHT BAHAMAS (starting at $1,099)

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Key West, Florida; Miami, Florida

5-NIGHT CARIBBEAN & BAHAMAS (starting at $1,099)

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; Port Canaveral, Florida, Florida

5-NIGHT CARIBBEAN & BAHAMAS*(starting at $1,099)

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

7-NIGHT CARIBBEAN & BAHAMAS (starting at $1,749)

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; St Maarten, Netherland Antilles; Tortola; British Virgin Islands; Miami, Florida

8-NIGHT FLORIDA & BAHAMAS (starting at $1,849)

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York

4-NIGHT MEXICO (starting at $879)

Cruise Ports: Los Angeles, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Catalina Island, California, San Diego, California; Los Angeles, California

5-NIGHT MEXICO*(starting at $1,099)

Cruise Ports: Los Angeles, California; Cabo San Lucas; Mexico; Los Angeles, California

7-NIGHT NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN (starting at $1,459)

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Naples, Italy; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

12-NIGHT NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN & VENICE (starting at $2,509)

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Salerno, Italy; Venice, Italy (overnight); Ravenna, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Barcelona, Spain

12-NIGHT EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN & GREEK ISLES (starting at $2,509)

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; Ephesus, Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Salerno, Italy; Barcelona, Spain

10-NIGHT HAWAII (starting at $1,359)

Cruise Ports: Honolulu, Hawaii; Hilo, Hawaii; Kona, Hawaii; Maui, Hawaii; Kauai, Hawaii; Vancouver, Canada

NOW WE NEED TO WIN THE LOTTERY BECAUSE WE WANT TO DO MOST OF THEM....

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #686
Bareacuda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post
NO Bermuda was my wishful thinking.....but did you see what someone posted on FB...

I just took a survey from my recent cruise on the Wonder, and at the end they asked about interest in possible itineraries. I've copied the list here: it seems line up very well with all the rumors we've been hearing! It would suggest that the Wonder will be doing trips out of Miami in the winter, going though PC, some trips out of LA to MR, and Alaska (with repositioning via HI) in 2013. It suggests that the Magic will stay out of Barcelona but will have a few different (and longer) itineraries to include more Eastern Med sites. See below:

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Miami, Florida

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Nassau, Bahamas; Key West, Florida; Miami, Florida

Cruise Ports: Port Canaveral, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos; Port Canaveral, Florida, Florida

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Miami, Florida

Cruise Ports: Miami, Florida; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; St Maarten, Netherland Antilles; Tortola; British Virgin Islands; Miami, Florida

Cruise Ports: New York, New York; Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; Castaway Cay, Bahamas; New York, New York

Cruise Ports: Los Angeles, California; Ensenada, Mexico; Catalina Island, California, San Diego, California; Los Angeles, California

Cruise Ports: Los Angeles, California; Cabo San Lucas; Mexico; Los Angeles, California

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Naples, Italy; Palma de Mallorca, Spain; Barcelona, Spain

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Salerno, Italy; Venice, Italy (overnight); Ravenna, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Barcelona, Spain

Cruise Ports: Barcelona, Spain; Nice, France; La Spezia, Italy; Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; Ephesus, Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Salerno, Italy; Barcelona, Spain

Cruise Ports: Honolulu, Hawaii; Hilo, Hawaii; Kona, Hawaii; Maui, Hawaii; Kauai, Hawaii; Vancouver, Canada

WoW !!!
Looks nice... and I agree... winning the lottery is the only way we could go. Or rob a bank !
ok... no bank robbing !
Old 01-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #687
NWmom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ThePhantomsGirl;43751734]
That's why so many groups are going private. For example, because I am learning sign language and am hard-of-hearing, I frequent some Deaf sites. I now get a ton of "you have won the Deaf lottery" messages, plus tons of messages from men who are just "enamored" by my profile photo. There is, unfortunately, many who prey on certain groups (like the Deaf) to scam them.
QUOTE]

Hey, don't sell yourself short. I can see your pic in your sig and you are attractive. They have good taste.

Still I don't like that they target a group to prey on them.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #688
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post

We must not only win the lottery, but a lot of extra vacation days. I don't think my work will allow all the cruises I want.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #689
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
We must not only win the lottery, but a lot of extra vacation days. I don't think my work will allow all the cruises I want.
If I win the lotto the first thing I'd do is quit my job(s). THEN I'd book all the cruises. I plan on winning big.

PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #690
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
If I win the lotto the first thing I'd do is quit my job(s). THEN I'd book all the cruises. I plan on winning big.
You're right.
I hope to win so much that I can quit my job.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: