Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #601
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
THANK YOU for the posting - I am already plotting and planning!

So a WB Panama Canal, probably late Spring 2013 on the WONDER. Then onto MAGIC for the EBTA, then June in Scotland, chartering a boat on the Caledonian Canal, then flying home. Use the other half of the RT ticket to fly back to Europe, and join the MAGIC for the WBTA.

off to make plans for raiding the IRA . . . . . . . .
Excellent plan!!! Now... If only...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #602
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

someone just posted this on FB:

Just got a google alert that DCL will have an annoucement on Wednesday in Miami
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
mishoe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #603
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/south-...orida-in-2013/

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #604
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2travel View Post

I'm a librarian in a public library (9 years in schools and 11 in public libraries)

Hi Kristi

I was also a library manager in both public and school libraries for many years...we should swap stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Good morning folks .... I am about to spread a little bit of good news ... this morning I had this email from my TA:

Hello!

I have seen many reports on when we might hear what Disney Cruise Line is planning for the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic for 2013 (and the end of 2012 for the Wonder). I have some preliminary information for you. I do have additional information but I am working hard to verify the information received before I send it to you.

Here is what we are predicting. We anticipate that we will get an announcement early to midweek next week with reservations opening by the end of the week to gold and platinum members. We expect silver member and new cruiser reservations to begin shortly after that.

We expect that there will be a Panama Canal cruise on December 9, 2012 going up the Western Caribbean rather than the Eastern side as they have done before. This cruise is likely going to end in Miami. After this sailing, we expect either alternating 7 night Caribbean sailings or shorter sailings of 4 and 5 nights going to the Western Caribbean and the Bahamas. We believe the Wonder will then go back through the Panama Canal to Los Angeles, then continue up to Vancouver for Alaskan cruises. We are not sure if the ship will home port in Vancouver or Seattle however. We also believe we will see a Hawaiian sailing either from Vancouver or Los Angeles after the Alaska sailings and another trip through the Panama Canal after that.

For the Disney Magic, we expect a repeat of the Galveston schedule for the first part of the year, followed by a Transatlantic sailing from Galveston on or about May 18, 2013. We expect to see a variety of itineraries in the Mediterranean with a home port of Barcelona or Civitavecchia (or both!). Expect to see similar sailings to what we have seen before plus a few longer 12 night sailings to include Eastern Mediterranean ports such as Venice, Turkey, Croatia, the Greek Isles. Based on the port schedules we have seen, we expect these longer sailings will take place in July. We also expect a Transatlantic back on or about October 12, 2013.

I am SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asm

thank you for brightening up our day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
someone just posted this on FB:

Just got a google alert that DCL will have an annoucement on Wednesday in Miami

....and more sunshine! Thanks Monica!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 PM   #605
NWmom
DIS Veteran

With wishes being wishes and dollars being dollars and an announcement pending a thought just came to me . . .

On other cruises if you change your mind for any reason you can just change to another cruise as long as you are before the no going back point.

But this one leaves from a foreign port and is one way. Once that deposit goes down, if you can not go for some reason what is the penalty time period and what is the one way foreign port penalty?

It is one thing to make the deposit and make payments and if something happens not be able to follow through and just switch cruises.

It is another thing to lose the money.

So 2 questions as we seriously consider this quickly in the next week:

1) What's the ballpark $$ for getting on the ship (2A 1 Child 11 at sailing)?

2) What would the penalty be if we needed to change plans? (older parents- sudden expenses G-d forbid)

Experienced cruisers please answer as I know we need to think and act fast once they release. It will be our first non points cruise so we also need to get a TA- to get any shipboard credits offered.
Skye
NWmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #606
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Think it's about time I introduced myself and my fabulous hubby, Mark (chunkster20uk).......

We are Mandy and Mark, both over 21 but never growing up....... I have a daughter, Becky, who is 23.

We live in Reading, Berkshire, just outside London, though I'm from Essex originally...... We met here on the DIS ten years ago and married a year later honeymooning on our first DCL cruise.....

This will be our 6th Disney cruise, our last being the TA in 2010 where we met some amazing people, and I'm sure we will do the same again this time too....

Can't wait to meet old and new friends......

Old 01-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #607
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKANGEL View Post
Hi Kristi

I was also a library manager in both public and school libraries for many years...we should swap stories!

Swapping stories would be fun though some of mine can be a bit toward the type. People just don't know what occurs in libraries. Did you know there is a library website for venting? I can't put the name here due to board guidelines - foul language in the website's name (very foul)
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #608
chunkster20uk
Yes...the TF has visited me too!

Quote:
Think it's about time I introduced myself and my fabulous hubby, Mark (chunkster20uk).......

We are Mandy and Mark, both over 21 but never growing up....... I have a daughter, Becky, who is 23.

We live in Reading, Berkshire, just outside London, though I'm from Essex originally...... We met here on the DIS ten years ago and married a year later honeymooning on our first DCL cruise.....

This will be our 6th Disney cruise, our last being the TA in 2010 where we met some amazing people, and I'm sure we will do the same again this time too....

Yes I am Mark, I am a Rock Music, Food and Drink Loving IT Geek. I also have the best wife in the world.
chunkster20uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #609
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2travel View Post
Swapping stories would be fun though some of mine can be a bit toward the type. People just don't know what occurs in libraries. Did you know there is a library website for venting? I can't put the name here due to board guidelines - foul language in the website's name (very foul)

Oh don't worry, I have plenty of those kinds of stories myself!
You're right though about people not realising what goes on in libraries....

Must get that website from you when we meet....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster20uk View Post
Yes I am Mark, I am a Rock Music, Food and Drink Loving IT Geek. I also have the best wife in the world.

Aw, love you too

Old 01-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #610
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Oh don't worry, I have plenty of those kinds of stories myself!
You're right though about people not realising what goes on in libraries....
OK ... so what does go on in libraries
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #611
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
It will be lovely to see you after all this time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster20uk View Post
Best sorta Geek there is... And yes, you do.

Quote:
Aw, love you too
Guys!!!! I'm blushing...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #612
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
OK ... so what does go on in libraries

Well Sarah, we could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you...... it's a long tale best left to a night of serious drinking I think.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
It will be lovely to see you after all this time...

Best sorta Geek there is... And yes, you do.

Guys!!!! I'm blushing...

:

yes, it must be, oh, days since we last got together.......

You? Blushing? Really?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #613
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

We've done eastern and western med cruises (not DCL) but MIGHT consider the last cruise before the WBTA...has anyone heard for sure if the Magic will be in dry dock immediately before the WBTA?

We love you too, Mandy & Mark
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #614
auntlynne
Aunt Lynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
With wishes being wishes and dollars being dollars and an announcement pending a thought just came to me . . .

On other cruises if you change your mind for any reason you can just change to another cruise as long as you are before the no going back point.

But this one leaves from a foreign port and is one way. Once that deposit goes down, if you can not go for some reason what is the penalty time period and what is the one way foreign port penalty?

It is one thing to make the deposit and make payments and if something happens not be able to follow through and just switch cruises.

It is another thing to lose the money.

So 2 questions as we seriously consider this quickly in the next week:

1) What's the ballpark $$ for getting on the ship (2A 1 Child 11 at sailing)?

2) What would the penalty be if we needed to change plans? (older parents- sudden expenses G-d forbid)

Experienced cruisers please answer as I know we need to think and act fast once they release. It will be our first non points cruise so we also need to get a TA- to get any shipboard credits offered.
Skye
This is still a Disney cruise, so you can still get your money back (all of it) if you cancel before the paid-in-full date.

Here's the details from DCL:

Cruise Cancellation Fees:
CATEGORIES WITH RESTRICTIONS: Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions are NON_REFUNDABLE and NON_TRANSFERABLE. A 100% cruise cancellation fee applies from time of payment.

Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark or Debark is U.S. Port
Days prior to Vacation Commencement Date Fee Amount
45 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms and all staterooms on Disney Fantasy March 31, 2012 sailing
74-45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms, except all staterooms on Disney Fantasy March 31, 2012 sailing
44-30 days 50% of vacation price per Guest
29 to 15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less 100% of vacation price per Guest

Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port

45 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms
89-45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms
29-15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

For reservations made prior to January 19, 2011, the cancellation fees assessed will be based on the cancellation fees listed on the original confirmation unless the sailing date or vacation package is modified.

Air Cancellation Fees:
Any changes or cancellations to your Disney Cruise Line air arrangements (including, but not limited to, sail date/air travel date changes and name changes/corrections), will result in cancellation fees assessed as follows:

Domestic Air Cancellation Fees

74 to 45 days 10% of the air supplement per Guest
44 to 31 days 50% of the air supplement per Guest
30 to 0 days 100% of the air supplement per Guest
International Air Cancellation Fees

89 to 45 days 50% of the air supplement per Guest
44 to 0 days 100% of the air supplement per Guest
Domestic air cancellation fees apply for sailings where both the embark and debark port are in North America. International air cancellation fees apply for all other sailing itineraries.

So, if you are in a non-suite room (and not one of the very restrictive rule IGT/OGT/VGT rates - which should not be available until much later - you can cancel until 90 days pre-cruise.

If you have older parents, you might seriously consider getting some form of trip insurance, be it from DCL or an independent company. If not from DCL, you will need to purchase it fairly soon after booking so pre-existing conditions are covered.

Without insurance, see above for cancellation cost.

My 2010 EBTA was roughly $800 pp; I think the 2011 WBTA was more expensive, closer to $1100 pp - (although I booked with the OGT rate, so it was different).

Use this for comparison: October 2012 Hawaii, inside cabin, Cat 11A (sideways), 2 adults, around $3500, purchased pre-public pricing (best available). The same day, a verandah was roughly $6000. Hawaii should cost more than the TA.

I think you can safely estimate $100 / adult for a lower- category cabin (kid perhaps $449).
auntlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #615
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntlynne View Post
This is still a Disney cruise, so you can still get your money back (all of it) if you cancel before the paid-in-full date.

Here's the details from DCL:

Cruise Cancellation Fees:
Cruises of 10 days or More and Cruises Less Than 10 days where Embark and Debark is non-U.S. Port

45 days or more Deposit per Guest for Suites/Concierge staterooms
89-45 days Deposit per Guest for Non-Suites/Concierge rooms
29-15 days 75% of vacation price per Guest

For reservations made prior to January 19, 2011, the cancellation fees assessed will be based on the cancellation fees listed on the original confirmation unless the sailing date or vacation package is modified.

Air Cancellation Fees:
Any changes or cancellations to your Disney Cruise Line air arrangements (including, but not limited to, sail date/air travel date changes and name changes/corrections), will result in cancellation fees assessed as follows:

Domestic Air Cancellation Fees

74 to 45 days 10% of the air supplement per Guest
44 to 31 days 50% of the air supplement per Guest
30 to 0 days 100% of the air supplement per Guest
International Air Cancellation Fees

89 to 45 days 50% of the air supplement per Guest
44 to 0 days 100% of the air supplement per Guest
Domestic air cancellation fees apply for sailings where both the embark and debark port are in North America. International air cancellation fees apply for all other sailing itineraries.[/I]

So, if you are in a non-suite room (and not one of the very restrictive rule IGT/OGT/VGT rates - which should not be available until much later - you can cancel until 90 days pre-cruise.

If you have older parents, you might seriously consider getting some form of trip insurance, be it from DCL or an independent company. If not from DCL, you will need to purchase it fairly soon after booking so pre-existing conditions are covered.

Without insurance, see above for cancellation cost.

My 2010 EBTA was roughly $800 pp; I think the 2011 WBTA was more expensive, closer to $1100 pp - (although I booked with the OGT rate, so it was different).

Use this for comparison: October 2012 Hawaii, inside cabin, Cat 11A (sideways), 2 adults, around $3500, purchased pre-public pricing (best available). The same day, a verandah was roughly $6000. Hawaii should cost more than the TA.

I think you can safely estimate $100 / adult for a lower- category cabin (kid perhaps $449).
Thanks auntlynne for all the information. That lets me do some math and see what might be possible and just in case, gives us an out should finances not work out after all.

The parents are not going on the cruise. Just that if something did happen we might be out of vacation time for dh.
Skye

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: