Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #586
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Good morning folks .... I am about to spread a little bit of good news ... this morning I had this email from my TA:

Hello!

I have seen many reports on when we might hear what Disney Cruise Line is planning for the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic for 2013 (and the end of 2012 for the Wonder). I have some preliminary information for you. I do have additional information but I am working hard to verify the information received before I send it to you.

Here is what we are predicting. We anticipate that we will get an announcement early to midweek next week with reservations opening by the end of the week to gold and platinum members. We expect silver member and new cruiser reservations to begin shortly after that.

We expect that there will be a Panama Canal cruise on December 9, 2012 going up the Western Caribbean rather than the Eastern side as they have done before. This cruise is likely going to end in Miami. After this sailing, we expect either alternating 7 night Caribbean sailings or shorter sailings of 4 and 5 nights going to the Western Caribbean and the Bahamas. We believe the Wonder will then go back through the Panama Canal to Los Angeles, then continue up to Vancouver for Alaskan cruises. We are not sure if the ship will home port in Vancouver or Seattle however. We also believe we will see a Hawaiian sailing either from Vancouver or Los Angeles after the Alaska sailings and another trip through the Panama Canal after that.

For the Disney Magic, we expect a repeat of the Galveston schedule for the first part of the year, followed by a Transatlantic sailing from Galveston on or about May 18, 2013. We expect to see a variety of itineraries in the Mediterranean with a home port of Barcelona or Civitavecchia (or both!). Expect to see similar sailings to what we have seen before plus a few longer 12 night sailings to include Eastern Mediterranean ports such as Venice, Turkey, Croatia, the Greek Isles. Based on the port schedules we have seen, we expect these longer sailings will take place in July. We also expect a Transatlantic back on or about October 12, 2013.

I am SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asm
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #587
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Good morning folks .... I am about to spread a little bit of good news ... this morning I had this email from my TA:

Hello!

We also expect a Transatlantic back on or about October 12, 2013.

I asm
Same great TA

Sure wishing I was gold already so we could get that early booking perk ... just one more cruise

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #588
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

I'm wondering if the TA part will be released for everyone at the same time as it's not a new itinerary? (wishful thinking on my part....)

Still - I'm excited that it's really going to happen! (or 99.9% for sure right now)

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 AM   #589
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohluv2u View Post
Same great TA

Sure wishing I was gold already so we could get that early booking perk ... just one more cruise
I have still 2 more to do before we hit gold ... thats the problem with taking only longer cruises Hopefully the ship won't get booked up before the silvers get a look in

Last edited by TotallyAngelic; 01-13-2012 at 03:26 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:50 AM   #590
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Grrrrr! We get what seems to be thisclose to the release of information, and it is looking like it won't be happening for our family. Ah well, such is life! At least it is before we booked it and tied up additional $$!

I'm still anxiously awaiting information as I am excited for everyone here!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:52 AM   #591
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
Grrrrr! We get what seems to be thisclose to the release of information, and it is looking like it won't be happening for our family. Ah well, such is life! At least it is before we booked it and tied up additional $$!

Amanda, say it ain't so!!! Hope things change around for you and your family so you can go!!

I want to wish everyone a very HAPPY FRIDAY the 13th!!! Be careful out there all - you never know what may be just around that corner!!! It could be Publisher's Clearing House - and you've won a Million dollars a year for life!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM   #592
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:

Sorry you might not be able to make it .... maybe things will change though ... it's a long way off !!

Last edited by TotallyAngelic; 01-13-2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:04 AM   #593
sssteele
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hello!

I have seen many reports on when we might hear what Disney Cruise Line is planning for the Disney Wonder and Disney Magic for 2013 (and the end of 2012 for the Wonder). I have some preliminary information for you. I do have additional information but I am working hard to verify the information received before I send it to you.

Here is what we are predicting. We anticipate that we will get an announcement early to midweek next week with reservations opening by the end of the week to gold and platinum members. We expect silver member and new cruiser reservations to begin shortly after that.

We expect that there will be a Panama Canal cruise on December 9, 2012 going up the Western Caribbean rather than the Eastern side as they have done before. This cruise is likely going to end in Miami. After this sailing, we expect either alternating 7 night Caribbean sailings or shorter sailings of 4 and 5 nights going to the Western Caribbean and the Bahamas. We believe the Wonder will then go back through the Panama Canal to Los Angeles, then continue up to Vancouver for Alaskan cruises. We are not sure if the ship will home port in Vancouver or Seattle however. We also believe we will see a Hawaiian sailing either from Vancouver or Los Angeles after the Alaska sailings and another trip through the Panama Canal after that.

For the Disney Magic, we expect a repeat of the Galveston schedule for the first part of the year, followed by a Transatlantic sailing from Galveston on or about May 18, 2013. We expect to see a variety of itineraries in the Mediterranean with a home port of Barcelona or Civitavecchia (or both!). Expect to see similar sailings to what we have seen before plus a few longer 12 night sailings to include Eastern Mediterranean ports such as Venice, Turkey, Croatia, the Greek Isles. Based on the port schedules we have seen, we expect these longer sailings will take place in July. We also expect a Transatlantic back on or about October 12, 2013.

I asm
Thank you! Thank you for posting this information!

I will be calling our TA a bit later today as we are changing the date of another cruise we have booked, and I want to be sure she has all our information regarding dining, etc. for the WBTA. We will be headed to The World and want to be confident that she can reach us by phone if necessary.

We'll be looking to link the cruise with something else. Perhaps ABD or a Med cruise.

I love it that there is so much activity here from you all while I'm sleeping here at home.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #594
epcot1stfave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We also expect a Transatlantic back on or about October 12, 2013.
Hi Sarah hoping they release this early in the week so we can all start to plan.

Back to the intros we are Michael and Tricia, we will be enjoying our 39th year of marriage in 2013 so we will use this cruise as our celebation.
Tricia is a SAHGM and looks after our 3 DGDs 3 days a week before they go to school so that keeps her young, I am a chargehand rigger in an offshore construction yard. We have been DVC members since 07 so we are big Disney fans. Took our first trip in 1990 and were bitten by the mouse.

We have a West Highland Terrier called Freddie that keeps us amused and at the vets as he has all sorts of allergies (we are taking him later today) but we love him anyway and wouldnt swop him..
We did the 2010 WB so we do remember a lot of names from that trip but we didnt get to talk to many so we will try harder this time.
As we said earlier we are more readers than posters but we enjoy reading about all your plans and stories.
]Oct 1990 First trip to WDW offsite. : Dec 1992 offsite. Aug 1994 offsite. Dec 1996 offsite. Dec 1998 AS Music. Dec 1999 CBR Dec 2000 Dixie Landings.Oct 2001 East coast USA/ Canada Dec 2002 POR. Dec 2003 POR. Nov/Dec 2004 Cross Canada Toronto to Vancouver on the Canadian.: Dec 2005 POR. Sep 2006 Dolphin.Dec 2007 POR family trip: Sep 2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge DCL Disney wonder Port Orleans. Sep 2009 SSR Sep 2010 Disney Magic Transatlantic SSR Apr 2011 DLPR Sep 2011 SSR Sep 2012SSR Sep 2013 SSR Sep 2014SSR

MICHAEL
epcot1stfave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:44 AM   #595
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post

Richard how did we not cross paths on the cruise last year - or did we?? !!! My DH just retired after 22 years in the RAF!! You can catch up and chat about it all on the WBTA 2013

Mary and Stevie....look forward to meeting you on the next cruise and having a chat about service life.

I came out of the RAF quite a few years ago now after serving in the Safety Equipment Section and retrained as an electrican for 'civvy life'.

Our last posting was RAF Chivenor in North Devon and we settled there for many years and 16 months ago took early retirement and moved up North.

Travelling is in our blood and we love sightseeing and meeting people. Hve been a regular WDW visitor since 1989 and joined DVC in the 2004.

From Sarah's posting on Facebook this morning it looks like the WBTA is 'a go' and it won't be long before we are organising things.

We had a dummy cruise on the Fantasy we were going to move but friends have persuaded us to join them on the Fantasy in January so we will have to book the WBTA whilst on the Wonder in September 2012 during our Pacific Cruise.

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #596
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Have put a photo of the both of us so people have more of a chance to recognise us. It's always nice to be able to put a face to the name...

Babydiver is Richard with DW Sue Powell who is on Facebook.

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
babydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #597
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post
Have put a photo of the both of us so people have more of a chance to recognise us. It's always nice to be able to put a face to the name...

Babydiver is Richard with DW Sue Powell who is on Facebook.
That's a good idea, Richard! I'll have a hunt see if I can find a recent pic of my DH & I together...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #598
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:

x x x x x x x x x

I asm
THANK YOU for the posting - I am already plotting and planning!

So a WB Panama Canal, probably late Spring 2013 on the WONDER. Then onto MAGIC for the EBTA, then June in Scotland, chartering a boat on the Caledonian Canal, then flying home. Use the other half of the RT ticket to fly back to Europe, and join the MAGIC for the WBTA.

off to make plans for raiding the IRA . . . . . . . .
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #599
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
THANK YOU for the posting - I am already plotting and planning!

So a WB Panama Canal, probably late Spring 2013 on the WONDER. Then onto MAGIC for the EBTA, then June in Scotland, chartering a boat on the Caledonian Canal, then flying home. Use the other half of the RT ticket to fly back to Europe, and join the MAGIC for the WBTA.

off to make plans for raiding the IRA . . . . . . . .

oh I like how you think...

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #600
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:

I hope you manage to swing it, it's still a long way off.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: