Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #571
davidls
DIS Veteran

Ok, nothing in my email from my travel agent. But when I did talk to her the other week, I told her our preferences already. Stateroom, dining time and so forth. So she already knows our preferences. :

Oh in the introductions I forgot to say both DW and I are in our 60's. (DW says I am 64 going on 12!!!) Don't know what she means by that!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are
GOLD Now - Our 6th Disney Cruise - 14 Day Cruise - Panama Canal Crossing - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014

davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:29 PM   #572
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I'm loving reading all the intro's, keep them coming.

Hi Margaret, no we don't have a fb/dis user name list yet. I'll get that started on the FB page & then create a document on there for ease of use.
Thanks Claire. lol just wish I could be so organised, am sure it's one of the things Lee loves about you .

And yes the intro's are great, hopefully it will make people feel more at home

maragert
I need all the aqdvice and support I can get !
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM   #573
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post

We took the Jeep Tour, which gave a really great overview of not only the "city" area, but the rural people of Madeira - some of whom don't come "down" for months - the highlight was snacking in a local pub with plenty of the area's residents - and a barkeeper who recognised our appreciation of their cuisine, and invited us to share in thier own meal. We are SO looking forward to visiting Madeira again.

Thanks! That sounds like a lot of fun. We took the Jeep tour in Malta on the Mediterranean, and we had the best time! We were able to see so much in such a short time! How did you book this? Through DCL? Privately? Thanks!

My intro: My name is Debra (dgentrysim) and I'm married to my very best friend (that's my DH! ), Rick. We've been married almost 32 years and have two wonderful sons, ages 27 and 22! We live just outside of Raleigh, NC in a small town. I work at the local police department and my husband is a medical investigator.

My first introduction to Disney was when we went to Disney World on our honeymoon (and there was just the Magic Kingdom way-y-y-y-y back then) and I instantly fell in love! We've been DVC members since 1996 and have been on 3 Disney cruise with 3 more coming up between now and Oct. 2013!
We definitely believe our WBTA 2011 was the best vacation we've had yet, mainly because of the people we met and got to know!

I love to scrapbook, swim, walk, READ, and love on our dog Marley! Life is definitely good, but especially if you sprinkle a little Disney in!!!!

[IMG]
Dgentrysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #574
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

My turn, my turn! (Great idea, Annie!)

I'm Andrea, ny husband is Greg. I try to keep up with cruise threads but don't post very often; Greg never reads or posts on DIS (guess he didn't drink the cool aid LOL).

We live in Reston, VA which is about 20 miles outside of Washington, DC. We love this area where there is always so much to do.

We're in our 50s. I have two part-time jobs; I teach abused children for our county's Social Services and I teach water aerobics at the local community center twice a week. Greg is kinda retired although he is a partner in a consulting firm and works 'when he feels like it.'

We have one son, Palmer, who is a senior in college. He's in London for the next few weeks doing research so all you UKers, wave to him.

We have been DVC since 1995 when OKW WAS the DVC. Sailed the Dream in November which was our 5th DCL (Yeah, Gold!). We were on the WBTA in 2010 which was our first experience with DISers--had a blast and and made friends for life!

We LOVE to travel (35 countries and counting). We are real movie buffs (met in a film history class in college, !#*?!# years ago). Greg's a golfer. I'm a amateur photographer (made a photo book of Gaudi architecture from our trips to Barcelona including before the WBTA).

Anyway, that may be more info than my local friends know!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:14 PM   #575
Paul312
Earning My Ears

My turn to introduce myself:

I'm Paul, born on December 3, 1986 (hence the 312 in my username).
Born and raised in Arnhem, the Netherlands. I lived in Amsterdam for three and a half years until December 2011. Now living with my mother in Arnhem again.
I work at an electronics store in Amsterdam. Which I like very much!
First ever cruise was last year's WBTA and it was awesome! So awesome that I liked it very much even before it all started! And once we got on it got even better every day! Needless to say, we were hooked immediately.
It was also my first visit to the Walt Disney World Resort and the USA in general.
I have been to Disneyland Paris over 10 times since 1994. Compared to WDW it's a little resort, but is still very nice to visit!

We will be going on the Hawaii cruise next October and will definitely sail this one! As soon as Disney announces it we'll book and (re)book once on board the Wonder on our way to Hawaii (or at least try to).

Well, that should be enough for now
2012 -- Oct 14 - Oct 28 -- Hawaii - Wonder -- Facebook Group
Upcoming:
2013 -- Sep 22 - Sep 26 -- Bahama's - Dream --
Facebook Group
2014 -- Sep 6 - Sep 20 -- Westbound Transatlantic - Magic -- Facebook Group

Paul312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #576
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

I heard from the DU travel agent that they are starting a list so when the announcement ( possible Sunday) comes they can start making the ressies..

but i will be onboard the wonder for the MR criuse..so i'll book there and transfer..

anyway..i know some names as we have sailed together..or will.. and some are friends of other friends..

anyway..I am Susan, married to Scott. We have 2 boys - Geoff ( graduating college this year) and Eric - a freshman in college.. Hence my user name geffric..

We are DVC since 1993..OKW owners..and have been to WDW every year since..except when we went to DL /DCA.

Been on 8 DCL cruises.. did eastern, western many times plus PC repo cruise - all on the Magic- except to Alaska in August on the Wonder.. this year is special, since we a empty nesters for the first time..so we did Alaska with the boys in August, the Dream is November for a good friends birthday ( remember CustardTart you were supposed to be on that cruise but we had fun anyway) ..
the Wonder MR cruise starting Sunday..for our anniversary.
( used to do WDW resturants for our anniversary.since it worked out nicely for the boys to take a long weekend. But no kids..so step it up a notch)
and we are booked for the Wonder to Hawaii in October..( hi Lisabeth)

what do we do besides Disney??

I am a laid off sales person - wanna take Data Mining?? who now works part time at a senior center and does medicare counseling and works in the Meals on wheels program and adult day care..
DH is retired Army and works full time at Motorola as a software engineer manager..

Is this TMI??

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #577
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

The thought of a possible itinerary release very soon has certainly cheered up my week!

It's so nice to read everyone's info posts and very interesting to see all the different things people do with their lives, work etc.

Keep em coming !!!
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #578
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

I'm another one that has all my info with my TA ready to go the instant she can book me.

All About Me
Hi, I'm Kristi - single and no kids
I'm 44 and live in Florida. I'm actually 3rd generation Floridian and lived here my whole life except for my 7 years of exile in TN.
I'm a librarian in a public library (9 years in schools and 11 in public libraries) and enjoy scrapbooking and traveling.
I've been on 4 DCL cruises (3, 4, 7 and TA) with one booked on the Fantasy for this year. I cruise solo so I can't cruise often - single supplements are killers.
I am a Florida State Seminole fan. I mention that as when I moved to TN, everyone assumed I was a Florida Gator fan as I'm from FL.

I see that we have a water aerobic instructor and massage therapist(s) in our group. I expect to see at least one water aerobic lesson while on the TA . For the massage therapists, I volunteer my shoulders to be worked on if you feel that your skills are getting rusty while on vacation.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #579
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Thanks Claire. lol just wish I could be so organised, am sure it's one of the things Lee loves about you .
You're welcome hun, I forget who everyone is on Facebook too so it will be helpful for everyone hopefully.

Well he kind of loves it & hates it. He loves it because I organise all the household stuff, paperwork etc....but then hates it at the weekends when he is off & I give him a long To Do list.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #580
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo1554 View Post
I'm trying to convince someone to come with me but am definately up for it. So many friends will be onboard it would be a shame not to.

Oh and I did the 2010 booklet for the cruise so happy to help if needed on this years though I'm sure the one from last year was fantastic!
Hello sweetie!!! Kaz here...

Would be lovely for you to join us...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #581
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Hello Happy Wanna-be cruisers!

I'm keeping a spreadsheet - I'd never get y'all straight without it! Especially noting the fellow scrapbookers!

I'm Linda (probably you figgered that out.) Retired researcher - started out in engineering, ended up in chemistry. I scrapbook and rubber stamp, sew, crochet, garden, work out and COOK.

My DH is Bruce, USAF Ret., also retired Mech. Engr. tech. He does housework yard work, repairs, maintains the cars and computers. Anything that requires patience. And SKIS. Yes, that is bold for a reason. The man eats, sleeps, breathes skiing.

We travel with our teddy bears, Dimples and OC. (THEY are not anything like Kirby)

I was on the 2011 WBTA with roommates MomE and LovingTheMouse - the cruise was wonderful but one of the things that made it so was DISERs - and especially our DIS table mates at Table 23. I also did the PC in 2011. Trip of a lifetime. We are on the inagural Hawaii, in April, too.

Happy Day, all!
Old 01-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #582
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Okay, my turn. (You might want to pour yourself a cup of coffee or mix an RAB - Refreshing Adult Beverage, or it's cousin the FAB - Frozen Adult Beverage. Memorize those terms. There will be a quiz later.)

Me: Pat - over 21 and that's all you need to know; I have a Ph.D. in Experimental Psychology, taught college for 10 years, taught middle-school math for 11 years, currently working as a dog bather for a groomer and a receptionist/gofer at a veterinary clinic. Still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I also do dog-training on the side.

(Still with me?) I was born and raised in Orlando, my brother and many friends worked at WDW (it was just the MK then) so I practically grew up there. Through a series of unfortunate choices (or maybe just bad behavior in past lives) I ended up in central Georgia. Oh, and I once worked at WDW - one Christmas, when DTD was still Buena Vista Village, and they still had the "Glory and Pageantry of Christmas." I was the second angel from the left. That's called "irony."

DH: Dennis - older than me (a lot, ); originally from Beaver Falls, PA, retired USAF Reserves, currently works in civil service in defense logistics on our Air Force Base. (No clue what he actually does. He could be a spy for all I know.)

We've been together 12 years, married a little over two. We have no two-legged kids, but four of the four-legged kind. They are all rescues, variety of breeds, and spoiled rotten. I figure rescues deserve to be spoiled more than any other dogs. Dennis likes anything to do with airplanes (he has a pilot's license), I like to read, sew, and crochet (though NOT those nasty toilet paper covers) We both love to cook (well, Dennis bakes, I cook) and drink (wine, RABs, FABs, you name it), and we both love the theatre and often participate on- and off-stage at our local community theatre.

We are Disney junkies and try to go to WDW at least once a year (the only good thing about our location - we can drive there in half a day). We've been on two 4-night cruises on the Wonder, then I decided a transatlantic cruise was on my bucket list and we signed up for the 2011. We dream of moving to Orlando - our excuse is to be closer to my parents (who are ancient), but the truth is we want to be close to WDW, and hey, for me it's home.

Talk about TMI!

Last edited by PFlamingo; 01-12-2012 at 07:09 PM.
PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:26 PM   #583
Bareacuda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2travel View Post
I'm another one that has all my info with my TA ready to go the instant she can book me.

I see that we have a water aerobic instructor and massage therapist(s) in our group. I expect to see at least one water aerobic lesson while on the TA . For the massage therapists, I volunteer my shoulders to be worked on if you feel that your skills are getting rusty while on vacation.
Ok... I think Andrea and I are going to be hunted down!
Perhaps we can arrange a couple of small classes on ... foot/ hand massage. Possible chair massage... for all our deserving companions They need love too

Ann
Old 01-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #584
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Yup! GEnie, NVN, Delphi. Was on the WWW before graphics.
Finally And you could type faster than the postings scrolled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentrysim View Post
Thanks! That sounds like a lot of fun. We took the Jeep tour in Malta on the Mediterranean, and we had the best time! We were able to see so much in such a short time! How did you book this? Through DCL? Privately? Thanks!

That one we booked through DCL - as I said a highlight!

My intro: My name is Debra (dgentrysim) and I'm married to my very best friend (that's my DH! ), Rick. We've been married almost 32 years and have two wonderful sons, ages 27 and 22! We live just outside of Raleigh, NC in a small town. I work at the local police department and my husband is a medical investigator.

Whoa - DW & BF is DebORAH. DS is 30, DD is 28 - also Disneyacs (and fanatic for Star Wars, Harry Potter, Tolkien, HS Thompson, Asimov, Dave Barry, can quote everything from Monty Python, Pink Floyd, Barenaked Ladies, dimsum, . . . . hey, they got their good taste from us). Our good friends who should (WILL) be joining us are also from a "small town just outside Raleigh, NC". We met them as our tablemates on the 2010 EBTA - it was their first cruise of any kind. Along with our other tablemates, who should (WILL) be joining us - met the same time time/way, but they will be representing the City of Brotherly Love.

My first introduction to Disney was when we went to Disney World on our honeymoon (and there was just the Magic Kingdom way-y-y-y-y back then) and I instantly fell in love! We've been DVC members since 1996 and have been on 3 Disney cruise with 3 more coming up between now and Oct. 2013!
We definitely believe our WBTA 2011 was the best vacation we've had yet, mainly because of the people we met and got to know!
Have to agree, our 2010 EBTA was made MAGICal by the people we met, and the friends it brought us. Looking forward to more of the same. And cruising Alaska on DCL, with those friends, was WONDERful

I love to scrapbook, swim, walk, READ, and love on our dog Marley! Life is definitely good, but especially if you sprinkle a little Disney in!!!!
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
disdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:38 PM   #585
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdel View Post
Well, guess it at least gives you a clue as to my age One of our great story-tellers. His Dad was no slouch, either
I was a little young when it first came out. I discovered Arlo in grad school. We saw him in Atlanta a couple of years ago. Fabulous show! Everyone sang along - with feeling! He did a "meet & greet" afterwards and I got his autograph on my copy of his Greatest Hits CD. Definitely a memorable night!

PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: