Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 01:33 PM   #301
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
I am using my friend Monica who is Mishoe01 here on the DIS boards to help me with the Hawaii cruise. I have also asked her to look for staterooms on the proposed WBTA!! She is just fabulous!!
I second that!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #302
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
That was the cutest post!

Ah, btw folks, I am not always sooo chatty as I have been in the last couple of days. I'm super-excited of course, but I'm also at home with a really bad cold. This is part of my entertainment when I'm not napping.
Sorry you are not feeling well. Glad you have the dis to entertain you when you are awake.
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #303
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
I second that!!!
Thanks! I PM'ed her. Birkner has been incredibly helpful to me so I figured the recommendation was a good one. I don't want to go after a ton of TA's as I don't think that's right. I'll see what she has to say. For me, much has to do WHEN DCL opens the bookings.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #304
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
NO WAY

i couldn't possibly do another WBTA

SORRY but not for me.

Well maybe

perhaps.

Well i might consider it.

I suppose i could.

I should really.

Ok i think i may.

Well i guess i could.

ALRIGHT! You've convinced me.

When can we book! Then i can start the countdown.

xxx

we can plan this at work for months now Warren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
I am using my friend Monica who is Mishoe01 here on the DIS boards to help me with the Hawaii cruise. I have also asked her to look for staterooms on the proposed WBTA!! She is just fabulous!!

She really is a great TA.....

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #305
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Wow! Lots of reading to catch up on! I had a front tooth extracted this morning from a root canal that happened 18 years ago (bicycle wreck in elementary school). Reading these posts is just the recovery medicine I needed! Getting a dental implant, so I will have a tooth by summer if all goes well.

Yes - JVD was a wonderful day. For some reason I only had two painkillers, one of which was spilled all over me after about two sips So I need to make up for last time! Loved coordinating it, hated the third boat breaking down the morning of, and loathed the way the taxi drivers were dispersing misinformation to our group as they were making it over there. Regardless, so worth the trip over there even though it is further away than Virgin Gorda.
MandyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #306
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

See people - if those around you say you are spending waaaay too much time on this thread (a non-existent cruise as of now), just tell them you are doing public service work!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #307
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Wow! Lots of reading to catch up on! I had a front tooth extracted this morning from a root canal that happened 18 years ago
Ouch! Feel better! At least I only have a bad cold and am not in pain like you. Not fun I am sure.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #308
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
NORMAN!!!! We miss you!!! Did Margaret give you that hug from Dennis and me? No, Margaret definitely does not drink! But she has got a knack for snagging a deck chair. Still one of my favorite pics of the cruise!

Then again, I might be able to tempt him with the promise of an Exotic Rasul in exchange...
lol Pat I'm sure that promise will have the desired effect on Dennis !!

Thanks Pat, honest I don't drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post

Hi Norman

Quote of the cruise !!!!!!
NO I really don't drink, just can't understand why nobody believes me !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

And I have lots of photographic evidence to back you up Norman, that indeed you wife does like a drink or ten.
well what can I say, you know people could get the wrong idea about me afterall I may have been lead astray. But in my defence I'm being a very good girl at the moment, I've decided to save up all my units of alcohol for the WBTA 2013 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohluv2u View Post
Hi Norman glad you can save money not having to pay Margaret's bar tab ... Leaves more money for her dress & shoe collection

Quote:
Don't forget her expensive jewellery too from St Maarten !!!

I can't say anything about Margaret's extensive dress collection, she saved my life on the first formal night when I had no clothes to wear
Well Karen and Mary I'm all for more shoes and dresses, but somehow I don't think Norman will let anywhere near Diamond International

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
NO WAY

i couldn't possibly do another WBTA

SORRY but not for me.

Well maybe

perhaps.

Well i might consider it.

I suppose i could.

I should really.

Ok i think i may.

Well i guess i could.

ALRIGHT! You've convinced me.

When can we book! Then i can start the countdown.

xxx
Hi Will don't know what took you so long you tease

looking forward to our meet up next month, say a bigg hello to Abby for me

Also welcome to all the joiners since yesterday

A wonderful thought just popped into my head, if this cruise happens ( it will I feel it in my bones ) we will be at WDW for Halloween and having never been in the US for this celebration it's so exciting. Started off just thinking about the WBTA 2013, but now also excited about the others things that go with it

margaret
Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #309
krispykreme97
Mouseketeer

I'm saving a ressie for the new 2013 itinerary. Would anyone care to explain to me the differences/pros/cons for WBTA, EBTA, mediterrean, panama, and any other possible configurations. It will also be helpful to me if you could list possible ports, how many days, leaving from and return to. Thanks in advance. Are these cruises generally cheaper/day. I remember last year that the 14 day May 21 cruise was cheaper than the 7 day cruise but it ended in Barcelona.
krispykreme97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:18 PM   #310
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Wow! Lots of reading to catch up on! I had a front tooth extracted this morning from a root canal that happened 18 years ago (bicycle wreck in elementary school). Reading these posts is just the recovery medicine I needed! Getting a dental implant, so I will have a tooth by summer if all goes well.

Yes - JVD was a wonderful day. For some reason I only had two painkillers, one of which was spilled all over me after about two sips So I need to make up for last time! Loved coordinating it, hated the third boat breaking down the morning of, and loathed the way the taxi drivers were dispersing misinformation to our group as they were making it over there. Regardless, so worth the trip over there even though it is further away than Virgin Gorda.

Mandy I hope you recover well, there's certainly enough posts to keep you busy for a while, anything to do with your teeth is just so there all the time and is often difficult to forget.
And I must say again thanks for JVD, it was such a great day, you could have helped me out, I had far too many pain killers and I didn't manage to spill any of mine so better luck next time. The events were just unfortunate that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
See people - if those around you say you are spending waaaay too much time on this thread (a non-existent cruise as of now), just tell them you are doing public service work!
Yes Holly, but here in the UK it's a very cold wet windy grey January day, so who cares

margaret
Old 01-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #311
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

i go to work and 7 more pages are added from where i left off..LOL

but, got a princess booklet in the mail and TA's on their line run 899 to 1400.. depending on cabin, etc, so i am thinking that DCL will be in line..

Also spoke with DH ( finally got all the kids staying at my house off to Ethopia ) so it was easier to find him and speak with him.. guess what?? He is a go with this cruise.. so we are more than a maybe now..

I am ready...

geffric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #312
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Now what?

OK, the gremlins are at work, toying with our hearts and minds !

Now, the Madeira port site lists the May and Oct 2013 dates as "TBA"...no Magic to be found! Earlier today, those dates were completely removed, then returned to the listing with the same times but no ship noted
Clearly, Larry has too much time on his hands that he keeps checking these things...but....

He also noticed that the departure time for Gibraltar is 6:30pm on 5/30 and the arrival time is 7am in Villefranche the next day....not likely, to be sure. Sooo, what the heck is going on, and why is DCL making our lives complicated? That's my question of the day .
JessicasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #313
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post

Now, the Madeira port site lists the May and Oct 2013 dates as "TBA"...no Magic to be found! Earlier today, those dates were completely removed, then returned to the listing with the same times but no ship noted
Clearly, Larry has too much time on his hands that he keeps checking these things...but....

He also noticed that the departure time for Gibraltar is 6:30pm on 5/30 and the arrival time is 7am in Villefranche the next day....not likely, to be sure. Sooo, what the heck is going on, and why is DCL making our lives complicated? That's my question of the day .
Dont worry it is still there. If you click on the TBA it shows the Ships IMO Nº: 9126807 which is the Disney Magic, just harder to spot
Grumpy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #314
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post

Noooooooooo!!! That not news we want to be hearing

Maybe they have read this thread and are now playing with our emotions!!!!!
Or maybe that means that with the new brochure coming out they are finally going to secure the dates Once and for all!!

Fingers crossed

Annemarie x
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #315
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

I'm guessing maybe they have got them to remove it due to all the rumours etc until it is officially announced? Or at least that's what i'm hoping!

Please please please don't break our hearts DCL!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: