Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #271
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Our terramundi pots are for the drinks bill
Good thinking Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Nicely done, Clever Claire!!! Oooh actually... Might be a good shopping opportunity (shopportunity!!!??) for my DH to buy me a belated 30th Wedding Anniversary trinket...

I love late dining. It just feels more civilised somehow...
You know me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Fairy View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome to the board.

We were on the Sept. 2011 WBTA and had a blast! We didn't know about the DIS board until after we were already there and met a couple of people who used them. Since coming back, we've learned so much stuff on the boards that we will know for 'next' time!

I am having a hard time keeping up with all the posts, but I'll do my best from now on
The DISboards are such a wealth of information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Hi Everybody

Luckily I wont need to save that much for my bar bill. For those of you with us on the 2011 WBTA will know my wife DOES NOT DRINK

And I have lots of photographic evidence to back you up Norman, that indeed you wife does like a drink or ten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Thanks for confirming CG on the last WBTA was organised by Claire (pinky166) and she did a great job, keeping up your great tradition
Aww that's very sweet of you to say so hun, it was a pain in the you know what to organise especially when they scrapped all the plans & came up with something new for more $$$'s the night before we boarded!!!!

However with all that said & done it was SO much fun have our own "session" in Sessions.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #272
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
It's a metal tool used for removing nuts and things ... maybe you call it a wrench. I will look for a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Thanks....I could have guessed all day, and that would never have entered my mind! Yes, we call it a wrench.
Hey, I guessed right! Comes from my misspent youth watching British import TV and hanging w/ my parents' dodgy friends.

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome to the board.

We were on the Sept. 2011 WBTA and had a blast! We didn't know about the DIS board until after we were already there and met a couple of people who used them. Since coming back, we've learned so much stuff on the boards that we will know for 'next' time!

I am having a hard time keeping up with all the posts, but I'll do my best from now on
Hmmm... Did I meet you in the hallway when we were handing out cabin gifts and hook you up with Mandy and her kids? If so, glad you made it here! If not, glad you made it here anyway and ignore the part about meeting in the hallway.

Quote:
Hi Everybody

Luckily I wont need to save that much for my bar bill. For those of you with us on the 2011 WBTA will know my wife DOES NOT DRINK
NORMAN!!!! We miss you!!! Did Margaret give you that hug from Dennis and me? No, Margaret definitely does not drink! But she has got a knack for snagging a deck chair. Still one of my favorite pics of the cruise!

I wouldn't mind trying for JVD again, as we, shall we say, "missed the boat" last time, but I don't think I'll be able to talk Dennis in to it. Between the technical difficulties, sunburn, lack of shade, distance to shore, and the fact that he's not really a beach kind of guy, I'm pretty sure he'd prefer to stay on the ship and drink martinis.

Then again, I might be able to tempt him with the promise of an Exotic Rasul in exchange...

Last edited by PFlamingo; 01-04-2012 at 10:13 PM.
PFlamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #273
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everybody

Hi Norman glad you can save money not having to pay Margaret's bar tab ... Leaves more money for her dress & shoe collection

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #274
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I just keep a box in the spare bedroom and as I collect things I need for the cruise (eg: toiletries, fish extender gifts etc) I pop them in there until it's time to
Ah yes, I do that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post

Guess I'd better get started crocheting those toilet paper covers again.

Totally off topic (I say this because we never, ever, go off topic here ). I should know better than to audition for a play when I haven't read the script. I got cast, then came home and read it. By the time I got to the end I was thinking, "Wow, this is really stupid, even for a farce." I mean, farce is supposed to be funny and implausible, but not stupid. Oh well. The show I really want to do goes up after this one, and it's been a while since I've been onstage, so I guess I'll just think of this as getting my acting chops back in shape. Besides, people here are so culture-deprived they'll love it, regardless. Not to mention the fact that I'll get a bit of turn-about on Dennis. All those nights I was the "theatre widow" while he was off playing stage manager - now it's his turn. (Uh oh, I just realized - our poor dogs are going to starve.)
Sounds like fun, I wish I could see you perform, can it be video taped?

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

poohluv2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #275
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Please add us to the list of potential cruisers..... we'd love to do a repeat of the Sept 2011 WBTA- you all were the best!!

We've got a Caribbean planned for Nov/Dec 2013, but if a WBTA just HAPPENS along..... we just never know!!

*Flower* (Kris)
Mr_Smee (Larry)
Old 01-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #276
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Hi Taina - so good to see that you're possibly going to join us all. Caroline
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #277
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

We are on the Dream on Jan 15 but my booking is at AAA until it released. There is close to $1700. Can I take and use $1500 and keep $200 on the side. For a small cruise.. I am hoping to do a 4 night on the Dream next April or May.. We turn gold after our cruise in Jan.,
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 AM   #278
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

OK, I finally broke down and created a Facebook page...yes, I'm a late bloomer when it comes to all things tech. I submitted a friend request (Patricia N.)-for whomever is monitoring .
JessicasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #279
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Flower* View Post
Please add us to the list of potential cruisers..... we'd love to do a repeat of the Sept 2011 WBTA- you all were the best!!

We've got a Caribbean planned for Nov/Dec 2013, but if a WBTA just HAPPENS along..... we just never know!!

*Flower* (Kris)
Mr_Smee (Larry)
Hi Kris, I will add you & Larry to the roll call.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 01-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #280
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Morning everyone and to all old and new cruise friends. It's so nice to see so many familiar names returning to another - hopefully soon to be announced - fantastic WBTA

It is getting harder each day to concentrate on normal day to day doings such as work with all this excitement buzzing around!!!!

I am hoping that one it is confirmed and we have a booking that I can level my excitement to a more suitable level to keep me fairly "normal" for the next 21 months!!!

Annemarie x
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #281
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am still trying to figure that one out! I don't have a flickr account, so I can't attach to the post. But I will work on my avatar tomorrow
You need to download photobucket and use the codes from each photo to cut and paste into your posts here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Aww that's very sweet of you to say so hun, it was a pain in the you know what to organise especially when they scrapped all the plans & came up with something new for more $$$'s the night before we boarded!!!!

However with all that said & done it was SO much fun have our own "session" in Sessions.
It was fantastic fun and everyone loved it, especially with all the hassle that came with it just before and during the course, you were a star !!!

I love Sessions, so that made it all the better for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohluv2u View Post
Hi Norman glad you can save money not having to pay Margaret's bar tab ... Leaves more money for her dress & shoe collection
Don't forget her expensive jewellery too from St Maarten !!!

I can't say anything about Margaret's extensive dress collection, she saved my life on the first formal night when I had no clothes to wear

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:25 AM   #282
davidls
DIS Veteran

Morning All!!! I am going to try and keep up with ya'll today. Yesterday, after my last post I didn't check back until I go home from work. And...........5 more pages were added!!!!! Boy oh boy we are all excited about this being a possibility. I even talked to my TA to let her know that if this does become a reality, that DW and I wanted to be booked. I told her what we wanted - stateroom wise dining times and so forth. Of course she didn't have any info on this being a possibility, but she said she would get us booked as soon as Disney says this is a go.

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #283
steamboat will
Mouseketeer

NO WAY

i couldn't possibly do another WBTA

SORRY but not for me.

Well maybe

perhaps.

Well i might consider it.

I suppose i could.

I should really.

Ok i think i may.

Well i guess i could.

ALRIGHT! You've convinced me.

When can we book! Then i can start the countdown.

xxx

DLP 90+ Trips...
steamboat will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #284
chunkster20uk
Yes...the TF has visited me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
NO WAY

SORRY but not for me.

Well maybe

perhaps.

I suppose i could.

I should really.

Ok i think i may.

Well i guess i could.

xxx
I didn't think you would be able to resist!
chunkster20uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #285
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat will View Post
NO WAY

SORRY but not for me.

Well maybe

perhaps.

I suppose i could.

I should really.

Ok i think i may.

Well i guess i could.

xxx

WOO HOOO, it wouldn't be the same without the Best Entertainer on the ship joining us!!!

Welcome aboard Warren, shall I add you & Abby to the roll call? Surely Abby won't be able to resist?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: