Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #256
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
We walked, it's 10-15 mins at most. I must admit though it was so hot on the day we were there that we had to stop half way in the Columbian Emeralds shop to get some air con. Which turned into my DH buying me a Diamond & Ruby ring for our 10th Wedding Anniversary, we were belatedly celebrating onboard.
Nicely done, Clever Claire!!! Oooh actually... Might be a good shopping opportunity (shopportunity!!!??) for my DH to buy me a belated 30th Wedding Anniversary trinket...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Definitely late!!!! If you do early then you are rushing back to your room early to get ready for dinner, whereas it was a nice time to be up on deck having a drink then getting ready & seeing the show before dinner.
I love late dining. It just feels more civilised somehow...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #257
Autumn Fairy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the warm welcome to the board.

We were on the Sept. 2011 WBTA and had a blast! We didn't know about the DIS board until after we were already there and met a couple of people who used them. Since coming back, we've learned so much stuff on the boards that we will know for 'next' time!

I am having a hard time keeping up with all the posts, but I'll do my best from now on
Autumn Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #258
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

[
Quote:
QUOTE=sinnika;43625346]OK, I can't resist! Count me in for another WBTA! Hello to all of my 2011 WBTA travelers and a special shout out to Table 23 early diners! Traveling will be me, Taina (sinnika) and possibly my sister. DH will need to hold down the fort since DS will be in high school. We are also hoping to do a family med cruise in June if the dates work out!
[/QUOTE]

Well Hello, I have been wondering about you. Can you believe this It would be so nice to see everyone again, I would love it if my DD could go, but we will see, it is a long time off. I am going to see Josh Feb. 7-10 I will be there. Can't wait to see him in action in Animal Kingdom . Don't forget to go to the group on fb too. Would love to see you .

Evelyn

11/28/14 Fantasy
, 6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
fly4free2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:23 PM   #259
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post

Our terramundi pots are for the drinks bill
You'll need more than one then .... pot that is
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:38 PM   #260
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

I thought Marilyn "Granmaz" was the founding member of the Champagne Girls from her signature on posts on last year's WBTA thread??

Nope, the lovely Maz was one of the original CGs in that she was at the inaugural CG party on the Panama Canal cruise....

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #261
magic123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post

lol sarah how can you say that about Mary

margaret
Old 01-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #262
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Our terramundi pots are for the drinks bill
Quote:

Hi Everybody

Luckily I wont need to save that much for my bar bill. For those of you with us on the 2011 WBTA will know my wife DOES NOT DRINK
Old 01-04-2012, 04:53 PM   #263
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Hi Everybody

Luckily I wont need to save that much for my bar bill. For those of you with us on the 2011 WBTA will know my wife DOES NOT DRINK
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #264
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
We always book our cruise and flights separately, do you think you might get it cheaper separately than through Virgin... they must add a bit of a premium
:
We probably will book seperately in future but as we booked quite last minute before we got really good deal, especially as when we checked after booking a one way flight was priced at £1200!!!

Who do you usually fly with Mary?

Annemarie x
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #265
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Hi Everybody

JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #266
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKANGEL View Post
Nope, the lovely Maz was one of the original CGs in that she was at the inaugural CG party on the Panama Canal cruise....

Thanks for confirming CG on the last WBTA was organised by Claire (pinky166) and she did a great job, keeping up your great tradition

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Fairy View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome to the board.

We were on the Sept. 2011 WBTA and had a blast! We didn't know about the DIS board until after we were already there and met a couple of people who used them. Since coming back, we've learned so much stuff on the boards that we will know for 'next' time!

I am having a hard time keeping up with all the posts, but I'll do my best from now on
You'll need to post a picture so we can see if we bumped into you

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4free2 View Post
[
Well Hello, I have been wondering about you. Can you believe this It would be so nice to see everyone again, I would love it if my DD could go, but we will see, it is a long time off. I am going to see Josh Feb. 7-10 I will be there. Can't wait to see him in action in Animal Kingdom . Don't forget to go to the group on fb too. Would love to see you .

Evelyn[/QUOTE]

Evelyn you'll need to tell Josh we are all asking for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
lol sarah how can you say that about Mary

margaret
I know I'm an

Quote:
Hi Everybody

Hi Norman

Quote of the cruise !!!!!!

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #267
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Thanks for confirming CG on the last WBTA was organised by Claire (pinky166) and she did a great job, keeping up your great tradition

:

That's good to hear!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #268
RubyBlue
"When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do. And one thing it takes to accomplish something is courage." ~Walt Disney
I just about jumped outta my Mickey Mouse PJ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnika View Post
OK, I can't resist! Count me in for another WBTA! Hello to all of my 2011 WBTA travelers and a special shout out to Table 23 early diners! Traveling will be me, Taina (sinnika) and possibly my sister. DH will need to hold down the fort since DS will be in high school. We are also hoping to do a family med cruise in June if the dates work out!

Howdy, Taina! Good to see you couldn't resist
Old 01-04-2012, 05:41 PM   #269
Autumn Fairy
Earning My Ears

Quote:

You'll need to post a picture so we can see if we bumped into you
I am still trying to figure that one out! I don't have a flickr account, so I can't attach to the post. But I will work on my avatar tomorrow
Autumn Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #270
melonz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
That thought had occured to me also, might have to see what deals virgin offer again for it at least airfare was included in that.
Maybe dcl have worked it that way to fill more cabins this time
Yeah we got a really good deal with them last year but they are such a pain in the ****
melonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: