Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #226
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
WARNING!!! Stupid Question Alert!!!

So, do you say "wrench in the works" (or something similar) meaning plans being jammed up???
Yes, we might say "That puts a wrench in things" or something similar, but it's probably not commonly used anymore. We also say you "wrench" your back/neck if you pull a muscle.

Quote:
Thank you...

My DD Sophie is just 29 and showed no real signs before announcing her pregnancy on last Valentine's Day... If I can recall how to post a pic, I'll share his gorgeousness...
Please share...I love little people .
JessicasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #227
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongirl123 View Post
Hi Sandy and Tom Trevor really enjoyed this cruise last time, we may not even leave the ship next time!

I just love that there is a very active thread, a FB group with over 60 members for a cruise that has not been formally announced yet....people in my non 'DIS' world just don't get this

Janice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Just received an email from Disney saying we can order the new DCL brochure from 18th January - UK residents only. Other Europeans can order an online copy.

I wonder if the website will update on 18th or very close thereafter ?!
So in order to have the 2013 schedule in the brochure by 18th January, and assuming they have to have it all printed and all, surely the schedule must already be decided and in that case we need to know NOW !!
TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #228
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Hmmm, I need to find out about the Champagne Girls.....
yes, we must do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post
I must admit we found it great to walk around the ship with our blue lanyards on and be able to smile and talk to like minded fellow dis-ers. It certainly broke the ice...Hope someone will arrange that again!

We look forward to joining in some of the organised events this time as were too shy last time.

And would love to join a large table. We always sit at an 8 but on the WBTA we moved to a 4 on boarding to keep a couple company who had been seated alone only to find that after night 3 they moved to a much larger table after making friends with a group and we were sitting alone for the rest of the cruise....not our idea of fun! And our intended act of kindness turned around on us!

We are down as a maybe for WBTA 2013 but you and I know that that Dummy Cruise on the Fantasy will be moved!!
I think someone will organize linked dining. Dan had that done last time. And that worked fantastic. So join that group.

Quote:
Can't wait for new destinations. I got a Terracotta money pot from my secretary for Christmas with "Holiday Funds" on it..... she knows me too well, so I will be sticking all my £2 coins in there, appearently it holds £1500.... yippee !

JVD is an experience that will be in my memoirs of one never to forget

I hope for Lee's sake that the announcements are out before our mini-meet in February, he will be going mental with all our what ifs
Saving money in a pot is a good idea. I can save all my € 2,00 coins.

And I go definitly whit the JVD tour this time. I heard so many good stories. I won't miss it this time.

Quote:
Just received an email from Disney saying we can order the new DCL brochure from 18th January - UK residents only. Other Europeans can order an online copy.

I wonder if the website will update on 18th or very close thereafter ?!
Yes I saw that too,so I can order it online. But how is it for the American people? Can they order a brochure too. Let's hope that they annouce the 2013 itineraries for the magic/wonder then.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
liesbeth1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #229
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Please share...I love little people .
Bit blurry but... Me and Elf Teddy on Xmas Eve...

Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #230
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Okay, another translation please: What is the JVD tour?

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #231
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Ah cute! I have two grandchildren - Jackson (8) and Anna (5) My son Scott is 35, but I always tell him that he was born in a previous lifetime because I certainly can NOT be old enough to have him! I am pretty sure my DIL is 35 as well, but at least I don't have to claim giving birth to her even as nice as she is! (yes, I really do think the world of my DIL)

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 01-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #232
CustardTart

Quote:
I'm guessing here - Jost Van Dyke tour from Tortola...?
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #233
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
I don't want to bring a slight downer on this thread BUT If the dates are correct then it is possible that the end of the cruise might coincide with UK school holidays

That might make the air fare a bit more

Just saying.....
Lets hope not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger2on View Post
I'm Suzanne and am hoping to bring my 3 youngest over to visit relatives in the UK pre-cruise. I figured traveling with the 3 little ones will have me 1/2 insane by the time we reach the ship so I'll need a long relaxing break before we reach home again Have an inside room being waited to book by our DU agent as we NEVER spend much time in the room anyhow.
My children will be Finnian (DS 5), Graiden (DS 6.5) and Madigan (DD 8.5) at the time of the trip. DH will be staying home with our disabled child but hopefully will meet us post-cruise for a stay at WDW.... if that's where we disembark.
As of right now, their Grammie is also hoping to join us... Please God ... I'll need the help
I will add you to the roll call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post

I may volunteer again if I can use a new vendor!

After John and I got back from JVD, we went to Pussers for rum and a Blooming Onion!
That would be fab Noel but no pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogitxtx View Post
Please add us to the list!

Sandy (yogitxtx) and Tom
Sandy & Tom, I will add you to the roll call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bound2travel View Post
I would be willing to help with the lanyards but I don't want to be in charge.

Kristi
Thanks Kristi. I am sure once this cruise is official there will be lots of thing organised, on the 2011 WBTA we had so many DIS events that I am sure there will be lots for everyone to join in with/help organise. It certainly helps build the excitement whilst waiting for the cruise!

Quote:
Can't wait for new destinations. I got a Terracotta money pot from my secretary for Christmas with "Holiday Funds" on it..... she knows me too well, so I will be sticking all my £2 coins in there, appearently it holds £1500.... yippee !!

You'll need to send me the photos so that I can show Stevie what he missed and that we ate his portions too

I have to say that on the way to JVD I was panicking a bit, when DCL had cancelled their trip, due to the impending bad weather?! which didn't happen, it was scorching, and the other boat broke down about getting back and missing the ship.... but on the way back I couldn't care less for some reason

I hope for Lee's sake that the announcements are out before our mini-meet in February, he will be going mental with all our what ifs

On the other hand, if it is all public and we have booked for this upcoming WBTA, we can whip him into a frenzy too hopefully !!!!
I had a teramundi pot that I saved £1 coins in, I hadn't filled it fully but opened it as it was part of my spending money for the WBTA. I had around £600 in it. I've got another one on the go already....so hopefully it will be full by Oct 2013!

I hope so too, if it's not announced by the end of Feb I will be climbing the walls.

Will dig out the pics tomorrow & send them to you.

Quote:
Hi Sandy

Sorry if I am being cheeky, but are you the same Sandy that was the blonde lady and you were in one of the balcony cabins across from us on the last WBTA at deck 6 forward?

If so, us and Pinky166 were your across the hall neighbours?!
I was wondering that too when I just read Sandy's post, I recall seeing the door magnets with Sandy & Tom on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnika View Post
OK, I can't resist! Count me in for another WBTA! Hello to all of my 2011 WBTA travelers and a special shout out to Table 23 early diners! Traveling will be me, Taina (sinnika) and possibly my sister. DH will need to hold down the fort since DS will be in high school. We are also hoping to do a family med cruise in June if the dates work out!
Yay welcome Taina, I will add you to the list on page 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
So in order to have the 2013 schedule in the brochure by 18th January, and assuming they have to have it all printed and all, surely the schedule must already be decided and in that case we need to know NOW !!
I agree!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON DCL, don't they realise we have planning to do!

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA

Last edited by Pinky166; 01-04-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #234
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Googled it! I am assuming a Painkiller is a potent drink?

Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #235
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
A lovely secluded beach on Tortola....

http://www.jostvandyke.com/

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - EBTA, Sept 2014 - WBTA
Old 01-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #236
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

Quote:
Yes, a very strong rum concoction!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #237
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Both DH John and I are members:
Soggy Dollar Bar
Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #238
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Yes, a very strong rum concoction!
Oh my!!! Richard is going to LOVE that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Both DH John and I are members:
Soggy Dollar Bar
Hi Noel! Looking forward to seeing you again on the Hawaii cruise!!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #239
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:

He is the cutest of cute babies, as you know, very scrumptious!

Quote:

Oh yes! I remember Mark drinking than at ten in the morning!

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #240
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my!!! Richard is going to LOVE that!!!

Hi Noel! Looking forward to seeing you again on the Hawaii cruise!!
Good to chat with you as well!!

We will be seeing each other both on this cruise and on the MV!! I believe we are at the same table on the MV with Tim and Kerrie!

You will love both the Soggy Dollar Bar and Pussers if you guys like rum!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: