Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #211
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogitxtx View Post
Please add us to the list!

Sandy (yogitxtx) and Tom
Hi Sandy

Sorry if I am being cheeky, but are you the same Sandy that was the blonde lady and you were in one of the balcony cabins across from us on the last WBTA at deck 6 forward?

If so, us and Pinky166 were your across the hall neighbours?!

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #212
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
I don't want to bring a slight downer on this thread BUT If the dates are correct then it is possible that the end of the cruise might coincide with UK school holidays

That might make the air fare a bit more

Just saying.....

That thought had occured to me also, might have to see what deals virgin offer again for it at least airfare was included in that.
Maybe dcl have worked it that way to fill more cabins this time
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #213
CruznLexi
DIS Veteran

Can't wait just announce it already! We are almost 99% sure we will go but want to see the other routes too. We will be gold after Jan 19!
CruznLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:31 PM   #214
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
can I just ask, what type of Stateroom are most of you trying for?? has anyone been in an inside cabin for this length of cruise and how was it? and finally for now, do you get to select what dinner seating your on early/late or is it automatic.
It was just my husband and me on the EBTA 2010; we had an inside cabin on Deck 6 and were perfectly happy. On the 2011 WBTA, we shared a cabin with our adult daughter, so we booked a GTY veranda for the extra space (and because we just love the ocean view) and received a slightly larger family room Deck 8 aft. But for just the two of us, we wouldn't mind if we were inside again.

My mother and niece accompanied us on the WB and had a single-porthole cabin, with which they were completely satisfied. Now, they have informed me (as has my daughter) that they would love to go on the next one, too, so I'll be booking for five again .

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydiver View Post
As for the 2,3,4 day gaps they could be visiting Villefranche twice in one cruise POSSIBLY
Now, that's an interesting thought....hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
Thank you, Ms Pinky!!! Really looking forward to doing this one.. Hopefully there'll be no spanners in the works this time around.. Not that I'm suggesting that my adorable grandson is ANY kind of spanner but... Well, you know what I mean...
One thing about the UK assault on the boards...one learns a foreign language! OK, in OUR "English", what is a spanner???
JessicasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #215
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
One thing about the UK assault on the boards...one learns a foreign language! OK, in OUR "English", what is a spanner???
I was wondering that myself?

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #216
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I was wondering that myself?

It's a metal tool used for removing nuts and things ... maybe you call it a wrench. I will look for a picture.

TotallyAngelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #217
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Quote:
I do believe 'spanner' = 'wrench'!!!

I was booked on the 2011 WBTA (having loved the 2010 one) but my daughter's due date was September 27th 2011 which felt too close for comfort...

Lovely L'il Teddy is gorgeous and much loved by his G'ma (me!!)...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #218
Seraphine
Hello from the Pirates in Scotland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida sun View Post
My first and only previous Disney Cruise was way back in 2005, and due to my daughters education and Uni commiments I havent taken one since so Im extremly unfamiliar with how it all works, so can I just ask, what type of Stateroom are most of you trying for?? has anyone been in an inside cabin for this length of cruise and how was it? and finally for now, do you get to select what dinner seating your on early/late or is it automatic.

Thank you so much for any help and info
Hi Sue!

We had four of us (2 adults, a 6 year old and a 2 year old) in an inside for 2 weeks, and it was fine. Yes, a bit of organisation helps, but it's completely do-able. You'll barely be in your room!

When you book, you get the choice of dining times but the earlier one is most popular (don't know why... I don't like eating that early!). If the early one is full, ask to be waitlisted. If not, join us in the late one!

I am almost stupidly excited about this - come on Disney! Announce it already so I can find some flights!!!

Disney Magic Eastern Transatlantic - May 18, 2013!
Disney Magic Western Transatlantic - September 10, 2011!
Seraphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #219
sinnika
DIS Veteran

OK, I can't resist! Count me in for another WBTA! Hello to all of my 2011 WBTA travelers and a special shout out to Table 23 early diners! Traveling will be me, Taina (sinnika) and possibly my sister. DH will need to hold down the fort since DS will be in high school. We are also hoping to do a family med cruise in June if the dates work out!
sinnika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #220
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Just received an email from Disney saying we can order the new DCL brochure from 18th January - UK residents only. Other Europeans can order an online copy.

I wonder if the website will update on 18th or very close thereafter ?!

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #221
CustardTart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Just received an email from Disney saying we can order the new DCL brochure from 18th January - UK residents only. Other Europeans can order an online copy.

I wonder if the website will update on 18th or very close thereafter ?!
Ooooh!!! Exciting!!!!
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
Old 01-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #222
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
It's a metal tool used for removing nuts and things ... maybe you call it a wrench. I will look for a picture.

Thanks....I could have guessed all day, and that would never have entered my mind! Yes, we call it a wrench.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #223
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustardTart View Post
I do believe 'spanner' = 'wrench'!!!

I was booked on the 2011 WBTA (having loved the 2010 one) but my daughter's due date was September 27th 2011 which felt too close for comfort...

Lovely L'il Teddy is gorgeous and much loved by his G'ma (me!!)...
Many congrats! My goal in life is to be a G'ma, but my DD Jess has no intention of helping me achieve that goal anytime soon (she's 27, so she still has time, but WE are not getting any younger )
Old 01-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #224
CustardTart

Quote:
Thanks....I could have guessed all day, and that would never have entered my mind! Yes, we call it a wrench.
WARNING!!! Stupid Question Alert!!!

So, do you say "wrench in the works" (or something similar) meaning plans being jammed up???
Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #225
CustardTart

Quote:
Many congrats! My goal in life is to be a G'ma, but my DD Jess has no intention of helping me achieve that goal anytime soon (she's 27, so she still has time, but WE are not getting any younger )
Thank you...

My DD Sophie is just 29 and showed no real signs before announcing her pregnancy on last Valentine's Day... If I can recall how to post a pic, I'll share his gorgeousness...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: