Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 AM   #196
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

AmandaRG!

Amanda and I know each other as we were on the same cruise meet thread. That is until I had the audacity to move my cruise date....

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #197
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Good morning everyone!

It's freezing here in Florida - brrrrrr. I'm dealing with the cold my brother and his partner brought as a gift. Yuck. Oh well, bed rest and this meet thread are my plans for the day.

To answer a question I got asked many pages ago (wow are we prolific!):

No, I haven't heard any rumors of pricing. I'm not a CM any longer, and even then we knew about as much as the bus drivers who always seem to have "inside information"

I did ask a few people what they paid on the past WBTAs so I could get a ballpark figure of what I could expect. A little more pricey than I had thought, but oh well. I either hope to book a dummy onboard during my Dream cruise next month, or re-shop if DCL has opened bookings before then.

Several people PM'ed me about 800FlyEurope. I think that is going to be the way to go! I had been thinking it'd cost me $1K or more for airfare, so the prices I'm seeing for 2012 as a guideline are a welcome sight.

Hi Davidls - I recognize you from one of the meet threads I was on!
Hi to you too ThePhantomsGirl. Yes we both were on the Dec 15, 2012 cruise. You and Shari changed yours to Jan or Feb 2013 I believe? So glad we will - hopefully - get to sail together on this one. Is Shari going on this one as well?

You know it seems like I just posted on this thread yesterday that we intend to sail on this cruise. And, now it is 6 pages longer!!! Hey,................looking back.................it was just yesterday I posted!!! WOW, this sure has gotten up a good head of steam!!! Disney HAS to do this now.............don't they!!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #198
AmandaRG
Addict-in-training for all things Disney!

Quote:
AmandaRG!

Amanda and I know each other as we were on the same cruise meet thread. That is until I had the audacity to move my cruise date....
Thanks, Holly! I am hoping this one is a reality. What an amazing experience for the girls it would be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidls View Post
Hi to you too ThePhantomsGirl. Yes we both were on the Dec 15, 2012 cruise. You and Shari changed yours to Jan or Feb 2013 I believe? So glad we will - hopefully - get to sail together on this one. Is Shari going on this one as well?

You know it seems like I just posted on this thread yesterday that we intend to sail on this cruise. And, now it is 6 pages longer!!! Hey,................looking back.................it was just yesterday I posted!!! WOW, this sure has gotten up a good head of steam!!! Disney HAS to do this now.............don't they!!!!
I don't think that Shari will be on it. She has mentioned before that it *might* be something she would do under the right conditions!

I am going to have to look into the 1800FLYEUROPE! Four airfares, ugh!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #199
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

David--as you can probably tell we are all obsessed! (but in a good way)

No, Shari won't be coming with me. You all are stuck with just me.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #200
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Yes, the 800FlyEurope sounds like a lifesaver.

While the airfare is a killer for those of you with families, the solo supplement will get me. Although I do like having my own space.

At least the Wonder and The Magic have the ability to split beds. I know there are many that are upset with the fact that the Dream and the Fantasy don't make it easy for friends to sail with friends. You either have to share a bed (which I hate - I want my own space), or someone has to sleep on the couch.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #201
davidls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaRG View Post
I don't think that Shari will be on it. She has mentioned before that it *might* be something she would do under the right conditions!

I am going to have to look into the 1800FLYEUROPE! Four airfares, ugh!
Hi Amanda!! I had to go back thru and read up on the 6 pages I fell behind on since yesterday. Saw that you are planning to go as well. Nice to see some names and people DW and I know.

Quote:
David--as you can probably tell we are all obsessed! (but in a good way)

No, Shari won't be coming with me. You all are stuck with just me.
Holly, yes I agree, all of us are obsessed with the possibility this is going to happen. It's got to now!!! We are not stuck with you, we all are glad you decided to join us on this cruise!!!

Our 3rd & 4th Disney Cruise - 4 Day & 3 Day Bahamas "Back 2 Back Cruise" - Disney Dream - Sept. 2011
Our 5th Disney Christmas Cruise - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - December 2012
We Are GOLD - Our 6th Disney Cruise - East Bound Panama Canal Cruise - Disney Wonder - Sept 2014
Our 7th Disney Cruise - "With Great Friends Cruise" - 7 Day Eastern Caribbean - Disney Fantasy - Nov 2015
davidls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #202
melonz
Mouseketeer

I don't want to bring a slight downer on this thread BUT If the dates are correct then it is possible that the end of the cruise might coincide with UK school holidays

That might make the air fare a bit more

Just saying.....
melonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #203
UKANGEL
Champagne Girls Rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
I don't want to bring a slight downer on this thread BUT If the dates are correct then it is possible that the end of the cruise might coincide with UK school holidays

Just saying.....

Yes, we were discussing that last night too....

WDW, DLP, and DCL cruising since 1996

UKANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #204
tigger2on
I can't believe I read this WHOLE thing!
Mom to the Incredible Smiley Ryleigh

Add us too please!

I'm Suzanne and am hoping to bring my 3 youngest over to visit relatives in the UK pre-cruise. I figured traveling with the 3 little ones will have me 1/2 insane by the time we reach the ship so I'll need a long relaxing break before we reach home again Have an inside room being waited to book by our DU agent as we NEVER spend much time in the room anyhow.
My children will be Finnian (DS 5), Graiden (DS 6.5) and Madigan (DD 8.5) at the time of the trip. DH will be staying home with our disabled child but hopefully will meet us post-cruise for a stay at WDW.... if that's where we disembark.
As of right now, their Grammie is also hoping to join us... Please God ... I'll need the help
WDW trips with my kids: May 2001, December 2002, November 2003, May 2004, September 2004, October 2005, September 2006, May 2007, May 2008, February 2009, Sept/Oct 2009, February 2010, May 2011, October 2011, May 2012

DCL trips: Wonder 2001, 2004, 2010 Dream - 3x 2011Wonder 5-night 2013
tigger2on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #205
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

We will definitely have lanyards again they are so handy to keep your room key in & of course to identify fellow DISers, hopefully if Noel is coming she will volunteer again. Mind you she did have such a nightmare with them last time so may not be willing to go through the hassle again.

I may volunteer again if I can use a new vendor!

That's where I went & had my Pussers, the Pussers Rum Bar. It was a fab little bar but I definitely want to go to JVD this time!
After John and I got back from JVD, we went to Pussers for rum and a Blooming Onion!
Old 01-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #206
yogitxtx
Earning My Ears

Please add us to the list!

Sandy (yogitxtx) and Tom
yogitxtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #207
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Blooming Onions are one of my favorites! (that and Jalepeno Poppers)

Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #208
bound2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We will definitely have lanyards again they are so handy to keep your room key in & of course to identify fellow DISers, hopefully if Noel is coming she will volunteer again. Mind you she did have such a nightmare with them last time so may not be willing to go through the hassle again.

I would be willing to help with the lanyards but I don't want to be in charge.

Kristi
bound2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #209
yukongirl123
DIS Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogitxtx View Post
Please add us to the list!

Sandy (yogitxtx) and Tom
Hi Sandy and Tom Trevor really enjoyed this cruise last time, we may not even leave the ship next time!

I just love that there is a very active thread, a FB group with over 60 members for a cruise that has not been formally announced yet....people in my non 'DIS' world just don't get this

Janice
Disney Wonder March 13-20, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Sept 20-Oct 2, 2011 Vancouver to LA Repo & Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder B2B Mar 4-11 & Mar 11-18, 2012 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Oct 14-28, 2012 Hawaii Disney Wonder May 6-20, 2013 Panama Canal Disney Wonder Sept 2-9, 2013 Alaska Disney Wonder May 5-17, 2014 Panama Canal
yukongirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #210
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntlynne View Post
And expect great new destinations in the future with Disney - far away places - maybe not in 2013, but they are coming. Keep filling up those piggy banks!
Can't wait for new destinations. I got a Terracotta money pot from my secretary for Christmas with "Holiday Funds" on it..... she knows me too well, so I will be sticking all my £2 coins in there, appearently it holds £1500.... yippee !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berries97 View Post
Count us in too!

It would be me (Kim) DH ( Bill) and DS ( Royce)

Whoo Hoo!!
Hi Kim !!

We kept bumping into you and your family after the cruise at the Boardwalk and the airport Glad you're coming back too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Mary, I still have sunburn scars in places I'd rather not from that afternoon on the front of the catamaran!!
But it was definately one of the highlights of the whole cruise!!

Annemarie x
JVD is an experience that will be in my memoirs of one never to forget

We had so many fabulous experiences with our muckers on the WBTA 2011, there is no way I would pass up another trip with you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
LOL Mary you seem to forget I've got some incriminating photo's of you partying with us and of cause the photo's of our special boys. Perphaps a lack of painkillers may have warned us we were totally nuts !!!

Mary I have to agree, all that money we splashed on three cruises last year, we didn't use the balcony much. And the dark may have meant that I didn't end up on deck 10 at 4.30 am and hence norman wouldn't have taken that photo of me crashed out by the cove cafe
I know I was just as wrecked as the rest of you, I had no recollection of those photos when you posted them on facebook my only saving grace was no sunburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post

Just saying.....
Mel, do the same as Stevie and I ..... leave the kids at home

Quote:
I know, he is such a loon!!!! It's not like we had starved for the two weeks, what was he thinking! I've got photographic evidence of it all somewhere...

I want the recipe for that curry, it was delicious! As you know it's the first & only curry I have ever liked!

That's where I went & had my Pussers, the Pussers Rum Bar. It was a fab little bar but I definitely want to go to JVD this time!

To be fair to Lee there is no way possible for him or anyone to stop me getting excited about this cruise....well unless DCL don't announce it BUT that does not bare thinking about!!!!!
You'll need to send me the photos so that I can show Stevie what he missed and that we ate his portions too

I have to say that on the way to JVD I was panicking a bit, when DCL had cancelled their trip, due to the impending bad weather?! which didn't happen, it was scorching, and the other boat broke down about getting back and missing the ship.... but on the way back I couldn't care less for some reason

I hope for Lee's sake that the announcements are out before our mini-meet in February, he will be going mental with all our what ifs

On the other hand, if it is all public and we have booked for this upcoming WBTA, we can whip him into a frenzy too hopefully !!!!

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: