Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #61
ohsoblessed
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for letting us enjoy your wonder trip. Your pictures are amazing.

Can you tell me how far the walk is on Castaway Cay to the family beach? Can you ride a tram to that area?
ohsoblessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #62
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I hope you had or are having fun!! I hope you are going to do a trip report on the western carribean cruise.
Lee
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #63
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

September 7, 2011 - Day 9

Today was our Sea day. I love Sea Days.

We slept in today. We had no where to be until 10:30am. We had a Palo reservations.

We got a great table by the window. It was so great looking out over the Ocean!

Of course Annie Marie was our server again. We chatted a good bit. She is truly the best CM I have ever had on a Disney Cruise.

In Palo instead of menus for brunch they have the dishes prepared for you to look at. I really like that. It's nicer then wondering what something is going to look like.

The brunch buffet is set up in the private dining room. I was so scared I was going to drop something on this $20,000.00 carpet!

Desert....The Desert Buffet is amazing. I love all of the little choices!

We shared a little pizza.

Palo is so nice on the Dream. It really does blow Palo of the Magic and Wonder out of the water. It is so elegant.

I got the Chicken Parm. I don't usually like Chicken and "red" sauce, but this is something everyone should get. It is so good!

I only ate one Strawberry and the little cup of mouse. After all of that great lunch I was full the rest of the day!

It was sad to say good bye to Annie Marie. I wish her and her family well!

When we were done lunch we peaked into Remy. We had canceled out Remy reservations. I think next time we will try it.

After lunch we went up to check out the miniature golf. I don't have any pictures though. Weird!

We headed down to our room and saw a sad sad site............

I was not ready to leave!!!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 08-29-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #64
Goldeelox9

September 7, 2011 - Day 9, Part 2

We started packing. I hate packing. We packed everything up and them took a walk all around the upper deck. We didn't want to leave.

We went to our last dinner. We were not very hungry, but we wanted to see our servers. We had Dinner in the Royal Palace.

I wish I would have had a purse big enough to stuff this baby in. LOL I kid I kid, but it would have been nice if it was for sale in the store.

We talked about how much we enjoyed our cruise. How different it was without the kids. How much we missed them. How relaxing it was not to have to see shows or meet characters. LOL It was a great way to have the best of both worlds.

ick...cold naked shrimp! I am from Maryland. We like our shrimp steamed with old bay seasoning.

I don't remember what all of these was. LOL Guess I shouldn't wait so long to write these trip reports.

Pete was playing with the camera....LOL

Again I am not sure what any of these deserts are. Sorry.

This mural is out side the restaurant. If you look at the mermaid in the middle her "Shells" look like hands!

Since we were all packed we decided to head down to the bars.

We went to the Skyline Bar for a while. They had the best menus! They lit up!

It was always pretty empty in here. I liked it. It was dark and romantic.

We stopped in Evolutions, but they did not have a specialized drink menu, so we didn't hang around.

On our way to Pink I had to use the bathroom. This was the coolest bathroom on the ship. It was round. Well the stall was round. The ceiling was a mirror which was odd.

We stopped by this little lounge area to listen to the people singing. They stopped soon as we sat down!

*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 02-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #65
Goldeelox9

September 7, 2011 - Day 9, Part 3

We headed to Pink! It is sooo cute! I love it. It is so Pink...So girly!

After being thrown into the Girl Bar, Pete needed a beer! LOL We went to 687. It is so nice in here. We enjoyed it. We snuggled up on of the the sofa's and talked about never wanting to leave. LOL

I spun the wheel but did not win free beer.

Disney brews a special beer called 687. Pete enjoyed it.

It was still pretty empty. I guess every one else was still packing. So glad we had packed earlier.

We sat together for a good long while. Then decided it was time to go. We had to get some sleep. I couldn't stop yawning.

On the way out they were setting up a buffet of snack type bar foods. We didn't have any, but I snapped a picture for the trip report!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #66
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Loved the pictures of the Palo Busnch!! Looks so yummy! Cant wait to hear about your Western Carribean cruise. Any plans for the Fantasy?
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
Old 02-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #67
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsoblessed View Post
Thanks so much for letting us enjoy your wonder trip. Your pictures are amazing.

Can you tell me how far the walk is on Castaway Cay to the family beach? Can you ride a tram to that area?
The walk to the tram is short, maybe 1/6th of a mile. The Tram takes you to two stops on the family beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Loved the pictures of the Palo Busnch!! Looks so yummy! Cant wait to hear about your Western Carribean cruise. Any plans for the Fantasy?
Here is my Western Caribbean Report from last January, 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2734759

No Fantasy Cruises planned anytime soon. BUT...We are going on the Wonder to Hawaii in October. I need to start the PTR soon as I finish the (not yet started) TR from January 2012 at the Boardwalk!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #68
Goldeelox9

September 8, 2011 - Day 10

We woke up and finished last minute packing. Pete and I headed to breakfast in the Royal Palace. We wanted to say goodbye to our serving team. Our great assistant server made Pete and I Bracelets out of beads. We did give him a NICE tip. He was great.

It took no time at all to get through customs. We were on the DCL bus heading to the Wilderness Lodge.

It was excited. We were so excited to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I could not wait.

It took about an hour to get to the hotel. We pulled up and WOW it is impressive!

We headed to the front desk and Checked in. Surprise our room was ready! That was a nice surprise.

We went right to the Villas to see our room.

We had a room on the 1st floor and the Hallway was freezing cold. So far I was impressed. Good AC, pretty Hotel....we were excited. THEN we opened the door and ........

NOT IMPRESSED!!!! We were not very impressed with our room. It was under decorated, it was dated and DUSTY. Ugh. Then we laid on the bed and it was totally the WORST bed I have ever laid on.

I called the front desk. I wanted a new room. They stated they were sending someone to check out the bed.

I went to the laundry room and put a load of dirty clothes in to wash.

It took a while for someone to come and she stated the bed was horrible. They were going to change out the mattress.

Pete and I went for a walk.

It's beautiful right? I loved the resort. I thought it was so lovely and I really felt like I was on vacation in a lodge. It was amazing! I wish I liked the room. I really wanted to!

We went to Roaring Forks to get our refillable mugs that were included with the dining plan.

Then we headed out to check out the main pool. Again...LOVED IT!

We sat down to wait for the Geyser to erupt.

It stopped before we got my picture. HAHA!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #69
Goldeelox9

September 8, 2011 - Day 10 - Part 2

I ran back and put the clothes in the Dryer. It was time for our lunch reservation at Whispering Canyon.

We loved the Lobby! I can't wait for Pete to see the Wilderness Lodge at Christmas. I was lucky and got to see it with two of my favorite people back in 2008.

flashback.....

Resume Trip Report....

We checked into lunch. It was empty in here.

We placed our order. Bottomless Milkshake!

We shared a skillet of WAY too much food for only 2 people!

Look how much the dining plan saved us....this was the Lunch bill!

After Lunch I headed to the front desk. I had a client checking into the Honeymoon Suite for her Honeymoon. A very snarly CM agreed to show me the room.

Now like I told her "don't waste the money on this room"! It is smaller and more expensive then a 1 bedroom Villa. The CM showing me around was short and not friendly.

Pete and I headed back to our room. I went to put a 2nd load of laundry in and Pete laid on the worlds most uncomfortable bed to tap a nap.

I went out on the Patio to call my Dad. Cell reception was crappy in our room. Well outside there was MOLD growing all over the patio. YUK!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #70
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Small, not very pretty room, uncomfortable bed...You were both being nice. Now the mold growing on the baclony...I would have demanded another room...mold triggers my asthma!! Can wait to hear what you did!
Old 02-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #71
Goldeelox9

September 8, 2011 - Day 10 - Part 2

Pete woke up and we heeded to the store to look around. The Wilderness Lodge had a GREAT store with lots of Hotel Specific items.

Look at this little guy hanging around outside.

I went to jump in the shower. We had dinner reservations at Narcoossee's.

Well this is the exact time that housekeeping came to replace the mattress. W

We told them that they were going to have to come back later. I was neeked. So the bathroom had a bit of mold and smelled musty. The wood panels in the doors were all nasty and dusty. Ick. Sooo not liking this place.

I really think the problem was staying at the Animal Kingdom and then being on the Disney Dream for a week. We were spoiled and the Wilderness Lodge was not standing up to our standards.

So we got dressed and headed to the front desk to complain some more.

We grabbed a cab to the Grand Floridian. We took too log getting ready and didn't have time to do the bus shuffle!

We headed to Narcoossee's. I love the Grand Floridian. It is so pretty. I am so looking forward to Disney's DVC opening here.

We checked in.

Then we went out on the porch to check out the view.

The called us to our seat and it was the same exact table that we sat at during out honeymoon.

Mine was better!!!

Again look what we saved using the dining plan.

After dinner we got seats on the benches at the boat dock. Perfect fireworks viewing location!

The Electric Water Parade came by first.

Wishes is my FAVORITE part of Disney World! I was so excited to be able to see it. Wishes was not showing the following night because it was the Night of Joy. I was hopping to PArk Hop over to the Magic Kingdom after Hollywood Studios, but this was almost as good!

We took a boat ride to the Magic Kingdom, then a boat to the Wilderness Lodge. We love the boats at Disney!

We changed into our swim suits and hit the pool as soon as we got back. The pool was s nice. I love the bubbles!

After swimming Pete and I were sleepy. We decided to head to bed since I wanted to make it to Hollywood Studios and Epcot the next day!!

Oh and in case you were wondering, the new Mattress still stunk! It was not comfy at all!!!

Old 02-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #72
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Mold, mildew, musty smells, dusty, dingy and bad mattress...

Are you sure you're at a Disney resort and not at a Super 8???

Totally unacceptable for Disney standards...
Old 02-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #73
Goldeelox9

Nancy I know and a DVC resort, that I pay dues to maintain, none the less!!! I was NOT happy

....AND I forgot to mention the AC hardly worked and we were soooo hot. We proped the door open to try to get some of the FROZEN air from the hallway into our room.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #74
engle
DIS Veteran

Loving your trip report. You do take beautiful pictures!! I had the same feeling about Wilderness Lodge...meh.
engle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #75
Disney Family Lee's
Mouseketeer

I am glad you are telling us about your trip!!
The pic's are great!!
I thought for our next trip to DW we would look into renting points to stay at a DVC Resort. This will be our firt time doing this but i just found out that you can do this and it looks like a way to save money and be a great way to stay at some of the Delux Resorts. We have only stayed at the Moderate Resorts, we thought we would like to stay at the Wilderness Lodge but maybe not?
We would also like to stay at Animal Kingdom or the Beach Club. Have you stayed at the Beach Club? The Pool sounds Great!!

DD-13 ME DW
Disney Family Lee's is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: