Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #46
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

So this trip report needs to get done....I leave is 8 days...eeek!!!

September 4, 2011 - Day 6 - Part Two

We got off the the ship and headed down to customs. The guy in Customs called us cheap since we were not declaring anything on our form. I fixed him when I told him I was not cheap I was getting back on the ship!!!

HA!

So we headed up the escalator and re-checked in. It was super fast and we were handed a card with no boarding number! Weird. LOL

The led us to the concierge waiting area.

It was not too exciting. Just some sofas.

I went to the bathroom and looked around the empty port. Kinda cool!

At about 10:30am they came and got us and the one other couple who was waiting to reboard. They had not even started letting people in the building yet.

We walked in and they scanned our Key Cards and we walked down the hall and reached the screens where they take the welcome pictures. I wanted one with my camera and the DCL lady wouldn't take it. A nice Non-Disney Employee offered to take our picture for us.

Then we walked onto the ship. No announcing, no Cast Members clapping or cheering. Just us...well us and the couple who walked on right after us.

They took our picture and we took theirs and that was it. We had the whole ship to ourselves! What did we do?

We walked around the Lobby a little bit.

It was sooo amazing being on the ship alone. We went to our room to drop off our passports and stuff and then we started a self guided tour. I wrote a complete review of the whole ship. All that we did wen we were onboard ourselves. The first part was published in my Travel Agency's newsletter this month. There are 3 parts. Once they are all published my boss said I can share it....so I will add it to the end!

But let just say I LOVED it. I saw things I have never even thought about. Places I will never see as a passenger!

We went to lunch at the Enchanted Garden.

I liked lunch in Cabanas much better. It was more organized and the food was better for sure. Which is odd because on the Magic and Wonder I like Parrot Cay better then the buffet.

After lunch we headed to out room and put our swim suits on. We had a plan!

We headed to the life boat drill 5 minutes late and it was perfect. We waited no time at all and then we left the drill and went right to the adult pool!

It was empty!!!

Everyone else was at the sail away party. We had seen 2 sail away parties in the past year. This was way more relaxing.

It was great! We enjoyed it sooo much. We swam for a nice long time. We talked about our favorite parts of the ship, our favorite cast members. It was fun.

We got out of the pool with just enough time to shower and get ready for Palo!

Pete and I checked in and headed to the Meridian. It was really nice. I like that they have an upscale bar in this area.

This table was set up outside. When we left dinner a group of officers from the ship were dining here.

They called our name, it was time for......

*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #47
Goldeelox9

September 4, 2011 - Day 6 - Part Three

We were so excited. Our server came over and it was Annie Marie. Our MOST FAVORITE server ever!!!! This was our 4th time having her. We had requested her and I was sooo glad our request was granted. She is soo awesome. When we saw her last on the Magic she told me she would not me coming to the Dream. But her husband got a great promotion and she tagged along. Sadly (for the cruises) but wonderfully (for her) she was leaving the ship for vacation. Heading back on South Africa. She may do another contract, but she is not sure. I forget what ship they were heading to next.

She remembered us and we shared hugs and did a bit of catching up.

Our table was set so nicely.

Palo was amazing. I could not get over it. I liked Palo on the Magic and Wonder, but Palo on the dream...WOW

Pete started dinner with a beer. I forget which kind. He said it was good.

Antipasti anyone?

YUM. The Dried Beef was my favorite.

Now it was time for appetizers. I had the Mushroom. OMG....I wish I had this every night. I wish I had gotten this as my main dish. Ge the Mushroom appetizer!!! Seriously I wanted to lick the plate.

Pete got the Calamari.

We had Sorbet to cleanse our palate.

I had the steak for dinner and Pete got the Veal Shank maybe??

I also ordered the scallops for us to share. I love scallops. I love everything about Palo.

We also got Lobster ravioli to share.

Now since we were sooo full what did we do? We got desert.

Pete got the Chocolate soufflé.

I got Vanilla Ice Cream and the Chocolate Sauce. BEST hot fudge sundae ever.

Last but not least an after dinner lemon-y shot. MMM

Annie Marie took us on a tour of Palo.

This alcove is made of all glass tiles. They shimmer and glow!

This is the private room. It can be reserved for parties of 12 - 14. I had a bride getting ready to sail. She treated her whole family to dinner here in this room.

The carpet alone in this room cost $20,000!!!!

Annie Marie told us that the Magic was the most expensive ship at see. Not total, but dollars per square "meter" Disney spent more then any other ship at sea.

Annie Marie told us to look at this window and she would be back in a few minutes.

All of a sudden the frost disappeared and we saw....

The Palo Kitchen staff!!!

We said our good byes and told Annie Marie we would see her at brunch!

We took some pictures waiting for the elevator, and decided we were heading to out room to crash! It was a long day. Sure you didn't see it all, but I will post the tour later, I promise!

We turned on a movie once we got to the room and I laid down and instantly fell asleep!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 08-29-2012 at 12:31 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #48
Goldeelox9

See the picture above this...We take our own pillows everywhere we go. I know the people making our beds think we are nuts!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #49
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

It seems that even though you are reboarding the ship, Disney should still announce you!! plus offer to use your camera to take picture - what's with that?! At least some kind person did take your pic - and it turned out great (as always)!

I would SO love to take a Disney cruise - your pics have totally convinced me that I need to start saving for one. and how cute was that of your server to surprise you with a behind-the-scenes group pic (not sure what to call that lol) of all of the kitchen staff.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
Goldeelox9

You should seriously think about a Disney Cruise. I LOVE them. If you have any questions you can contact me. I would be happy to answer them.

We were so early there was not anyone to announce us. No one was there. LOL

Old 01-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #51
Goldeelox9

September 5, 2011 - Day 7

We woke up this morning early. We wanted to get breakfast at Cabanas before our Spa appointments. Yesterday we received a phone call saying we were entitled to free facials for being Gold Castaway Club members. I had never heard of this before. I was skeptical, but we booked these for today since we had no desire to get off the ship in the Bahamas.

We headed to the Senses Spa.

After we checked in we got a water and relaxed until we were called.

We were given these tiny robes to change into. We went to the locker room, but since we would be flashing people if we put the robes on we decided against it. LOL

We were led to our treatment rooms separately.

When it was done we paid our tip and we were done. It was an amazing facial. I can not wait to go to the spa again. Pete ended up buying the face wash and stuff they recommended for him. I was strong and resisted the sales pitch. ha!

I was done a little before Pete so I aired in the lobby. LOL Look at that fresh face...no makeup!

After we were done we headed to the Royal Palace for lunch. I love eating in the sit down restaurants for a quiet lunch. Plus this is the only place to get the cold Mango soup. Which Pete enjoys a lot.....over Ice Cream ....so off we went.

So as you all know I am a big fan of my red headed kids. This little girl had crazy Red hair. I loved it! But look at the guy in the back ground. He had the SAME color hair. They were not together. Insane!

After lunch we wanted to try the drawing class in evolutions.

It was soo much fun. Afterwards we sat through the DVC presentation again. I forgot we went to the one on the 1st day of the 2nd cruise. I was picked to answer some questions and we won some gifts. I got a really nice blanket and Travel folio. Lets flash back and revisit that day....

The guy in the back ground is Amil. He is the DVC rep we met with years ago and even though we bought our points on the last cruise with Roland he is still "our DVC guy"

Back to our regular scheduled programing....

After the DVC presentation we went back to get ready for a swim. We swam for a while and then I "read my book" which means napped on deck until we needed to get ready for dinner.

We found a very fill Fish Extender when we got back to the room!

Tonight we were in the Enchanted Garden. We had a cool round booth as out table. Disney goes all out on details.

After Dinner we went to the room and changed in to comfy clothes and went to the movies. Tonight we saw the Help. It was sooo good! I had just finished the book so I really enjoyed how closely the movie stayed to the real story.

After the movie it was midnight and I was Sleepy. I went to sleep while Pete listened to his iPod on the balcony. Another GREAT day!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-16-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #52
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

I so love your trip reports!! I cant wait for the next one. I could get intoonly 2 other guest on theship besides us!! I bet that was fun. I love Disney's attention to the little details.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #53
nikkistevej
DIS Veteran

Loving the trip report!!! Can't wait for more. We did the fish extenders the past few cruises and loved them. My DD was so excited about getting stuff in it every time we came back to the room. Nice that you won some stuff at the DVC presentation too, we haven't won anything at them yet.
Trips: 2005-1st trip to WDW(CBR),2007-WDW(POP)& DCL(Eastern)& bought DVC AKV,2008-WDW(AKV),2009-WDW(SSR)&DCL(Western),2010-WDW(BLT)&DCL(Bahamas), 2011-NCL-Alaska,2012-DCL & AKV for Thanksgiving,2013-1st trip to DLR!!, DCL & WDW(AKV)2014 Spring Break
nikkistevej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #54
Goldeelox9

September 6, 2011 - Day 8 - Part One

YAY...Castaway Cay day! We were so excited. One of the best things about this Back 2 Back cruise was the two days at Castaway Cay! We woke up and looked out the balcony to see this....

My camera lens fogged up right away.

We got dressed and went to grab breakfast in Cabanas again. Then got right off the ship.

We hopped the tram to Serenity Bay.

I was so nervous about the dead foliage all around. I had a client getting married in October! Lisa's wedding was in a little more then a month. I wanted it to be nice and green for her.

We had only visited Serenity bay for a few minutes last year. We usually cruise with our niece and nephew and hang out at the family beach! we were ready to give this adult thing a try!

We were the second group of people there. We got a great hammock (YES!) not too far down the beach!

My book and I get ready for a relaxing day of Hammock-ing!

Pete headed out to test the water. It is so shallow here on this side of the island.

He took this picture of me on the beach.

and then the waterproof camera died!!! It filled full of water never to work again! worst part was it was my Dad's!

I got up and left this awesome spot to cool off in the water!

It was sooo nice!

By now it was close to 1pm so we got out and went in search of lunch. We had a great meal and some nice cold drinks. I love that Disney has food service on the Adult area of the island. We headed back for another swim after lunch. That water is amazing!

I was starting to feel burned and tired so I suggested we head back to the ship!

These gates are special to me...

I was too tired to recreate this picture. Plus I just don't think my hair was looking as nice this day! HA! What you thought I was going to post Castaway Cay pictures and not squeeze atleast one wedding picture in. LOL

We reboarded the ship and went for another swim in the pool and a little onboard nap before getting read for dinner.

It was pirate night again. I loved getting to wear my pirate shirt again!

Dinner was really good tonight. I know the pirate menu is the least favorite amongst a lot of cruisers, but we are from Maryland, we like our seafood!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #55
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
I so love your trip reports!! I cant wait for the next one. I could get intoonly 2 other guest on theship besides us!! I bet that was fun. I love Disney's attention to the little details.
Thanks....The next one will be up tonight....Gotta finish....Gotta Finish! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkistevej View Post
Loving the trip report!!! Can't wait for more. We did the fish extenders the past few cruises and loved them. My DD was so excited about getting stuff in it every time we came back to the room. Nice that you won some stuff at the DVC presentation too, we haven't won anything at them yet.
Nikki, we went to 4 DVC presentations while on the back 2 Back. LOL I was hoping for the BIG onboard credit. LOL

The Fish Extenders are so much fun!!

Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #56
Goldeelox9

September 6, 2011 - Day 8 - Part Two

As soon as we swallowed our last bite we headed up to get good seats for the fireworks. Well I did, I think Pete went in search of another Coffee Drink. I saved us two seats and we sat with some greta people and started talking.

Again we sat near the bar above the adult pool. It was out of the way and had a nice view.

I did not have my tripod so no great fireworks pictures.

After the fireworks we talked about doing the Aquaduck again. But decided not too. We went and changed and went for another movie. Tonight it was Fright Night. LOL

It was predictable to say the least. HA!

It was over around 1am so I stumbled back to bed. Tomorrow we get to sleep in since we are having brunch at 10am and doing nothing before that!

Old 01-16-2012, 11:12 PM   #57
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Perfect spot on Castaway Cay! Looks so relaxing and private - just the way I like it. Your hair is so pretty - in your wedding photo and in your pic when you wear it down. I bet this trip brought back some wonderful memories of your wedding

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #58
Goldeelox9

Debbie, Castaway Cay is amazing. So relaxing. It is my favorite place in the whole world. We are cruising to Hawaii in October and deep down inside I am a little sad we won't be visiting Castaway Cay!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #59
Disney Family Lee's
Mouseketeer

Lisa we have been looking at TR Pic's for this cruise and you wedding cruise for over 2 days now!! WOW!!
We can only hope my DD finds someone that loves disney like we do!
We love your ring and all the stories you have to share.
I told her maybe one day she can have a Disney Dream Wedding!!
I guess we need to start saving!!
I found your thread when you posted on someone elses that we are reading.
We just got off our first cruise on the Disney Dream in Nov. and loved it and wish we get a chance to do it again. I have not thought of doing a B2B before is that cheaper than a 6 night cruise?
We do love Castaway Cay and think it would be great to spend 2 days on that beach. We thought we would do a 6 night cruise next time.

DD-13 ME DW
Disney Family Lee's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #60
Goldeelox9

Hi! Welcome to my Trip Report!!! There are a few more trip reports on here (links in signature..LOL) you can check out.

Our 7 night Back 2 Back cruise cost less then our 7 night western Caribbean cruise in January! I recomend it. We felt like we had time to see everything and enjoy everything more since the 2nd cruise repeted the shows and stuff. We seen them during the 1st cruise and could relax and take our time during the 2nd.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: