Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

September 2, 2011 - Day 4 - Part One

Today was a big day...It was the day of the Princes Meet and Greet. Pete and I were up bright and early. We headed to Cabanas for breakfast.

I have no pictures of our buffet breakfasts. This was the day we ran into our assistant server from our January cruise. We were happy to find out he is now a head server.

The princess meet and greet started at 9am. Pete and I got in line about 8:05am. We called my sisters room over and over again. I was getting nervous. It was getting later and later and we were line 4th in line. FInally at 8:45 Pete got ahold of Laura and she said Brandon was on his way to the lobby with Alyssa. Thank goodness! I was a wreck.

Finally my girl was here!

She looks thrilled right. HAHAHA! She was full of all kinds of interesting faces today!

About 3 minutes before 9:00am my sister and Austin showed up. He doesn't look ready for princess love does he?

Alyssa had her autograph book and was very excited!

Up first was Aunt Lisie's favorite. Cinderella. Cinderella knelt down to be on Alyssa's level, but Alyssa plopped down too. Soo cute.

Austin was not impressed.

Next was Belle. I really love how they have you stand in one line and then work your way down the line. Alyssa tells Belle about her Cinderella dress.

Now they talk about how old Alyssa is. Look at those cute little hands.

Princess Aurora was next in line. I love the smile on Alyssa's face in this picture.

Is it just me or does Tianna have the most beautiful dress? I love it.

Ariel (Popeye's favorite) gets Alyssa to spin around.

Last but certainly not least is Snow White. She remembered Alyssa's name and they talked a while before posing.

Right next to the princesses were a few more Characters. We hit the Character jackpot this morning. Pinocchio was here with such a short line.

My dad showed up around this time. Of course Austin wanted my Dad. Popeye is his favorite person in the whole world!

On the other side of the Lobby was Aladdin. We got into his line. Look at Austin checking him out. Ha!

Alyssa was getting tired and headed over to the lobby chairs where Pete was hanging out. She climbed up for a little rest. Princesses and Autographs is hard work.

This are was perfect. As each princess was done with her line she walked this way past the Bon Voyage bar, down past the shops and down to the cast member entrance. We were staking out a watch for Ariel.

Then Snow White made her way down the hall! "Hi Snow White" yelled Alyssa. "Well Hello Princess Alyssa, come walk with me" replied Snow White. Alyssa took off with her. Of course Popeye was right there with her. One of her best memories of the cruise I am sure!

*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM   #17
Goldeelox9

September 2, 2011 - Day 4 - Part Two

Then it was time for Austin to shine.

The Diaper Dash! They have a contest where all of the crawling babies compete in a crawling contest. There was only one other little guy who was participating. Austin smoked him. But in the little guys defense he had just started crawling and Austin was an old pro. He started walking very shortly after this cruise.

We were all so proud of our little guy though. Fastest Baby on the Ship.

You can watch the video here!

Austin wasn't overwhelmed. LOL

Whatever! LOL

I took a few more pictures of my princess before we go on with the rest of our day.

The was the day we were in Nassau, Bahamas, but since my family has been before we had no interest in getting off of the ship.

We used the empty ship as a good time to play in the pools!

My Dad however loves to play the slots. He headed right for Atlantis. He took this picture....

Which ship is prettier???

I love the Mickey Hand. Alyssa loved the slide!

Our first stop however was Nemo's Reef. What fun! The best part is that it is in the shade!

The kids really had a good time. I think the family splash area on the Fantasy is going to be a lot of fun!!!

The kids slide is really really fast! Notice the black cushy mat.

Alyssa insisted she pose with each and ever Nemo Character.

While we were on deck we had some lunch before the crowds started rolling back in.

The kids were getting so sleepy

and I needed my Adult pool fix!

We headed to the Quiet Cove and it was getting more and more crowded as people returned from Nassau. We spent a few hours in the Adult Pool. Patty and Dale and Aubre joined us. It was great to recap our vacations so far and talk.

I found my favorite chair and read my book...code for took a nap. LOL

This was my view

To the right....

To the left ....

I had to get up though, I needed to shower and get ready for Pirate Night!

After we were ready we headed over to my sister's room and grabbed our favorite pirate.

Alyssa wanted her picture with the Girl Pirate who was welcoming us to the Walt Disney Theater.

Pete and I along with pirate Alyssa went to the show. We got seats, not saved them, just sat there with enough seats around us for our family.
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-07-2012 at 02:37 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #18
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Love your TR and pics!! I love how Alyssa had 2 adorable dresses to wear when she met Snow White - I loved both of them! All of the kids are so adorable - and I love your tie-die shirts - you are so creative!

I had to go peak again at your honeymoon TR - I remember reading it and had to get reacquainted with you both! You are so beautiful and your hubby so handsome in your wedding photos (well for that matter in ALL of your photos!) Can't wait to read more!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #19
4 mickey
4 MICKEY

Hi Lisa
Love your TR what a cutie little nice and nephew you have there cannot wait for the rest of this beautiful TR
4 mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #20
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaven2dc View Post
Love your TR and pics!! I love how Alyssa had 2 adorable dresses to wear when she met Snow White - I loved both of them! All of the kids are so adorable - and I love your tie-die shirts - you are so creative!

I had to go peak again at your honeymoon TR - I remember reading it and had to get reacquainted with you both! You are so beautiful and your hubby so handsome in your wedding photos (well for that matter in ALL of your photos!) Can't wait to read more!
Awe thank ou so much! We are leaving for Disney World in less then two weeks and ALyssa has 6 princess dresses packed. she wants to change into a different one each time we see that princess!

The Tie Dye shirts were not too hard, I followed the directions I found here on the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 mickey View Post
Hi Lisa
Love your TR what a cutie little nice and nephew you have there cannot wait for the rest of this beautiful TR
Thank you....they are the cutest!!! I will have more up today! The hardest part is trying to decide what pictures to leave out since I have thousands...LOL

Old 01-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #21
Goldeelox9

September 2, 2011 - Day 4 - Part Three

The show was Villains Tonight. While I love me some Villains (Malificent is my favorite Disney Character ever) This show never thrills me. I think while the concept is good the show s missing something.

Pete and I left the show early to secure a good spot for the 1st Pirate party. The rest of the family had to go meet Ariel again at Popeye's insistence. LOL

Meanwhile Pete, myself, JoJo and Matthew were securing a good spot.

I heard there were pirates on board.

The rest of the family showed up and we got ready for the show.

The show started and it was really good! SO much fun!

Now the following Video will prove that a one year old is 100% NOT to young to enjoy a Disney Cruise. People who object to taking babies due to "them not remembering" are insane. Sure in 3 years he won't remember this, but we always will.

Watch the Video HERE!!!

In the End Mickey saved the ship!

We headed down to Dinner at the Enchanted Garden. Everyone ran for bathroom breaks before dinner. Matthew held Austin.

This is what they were looking at.

Watch HERE!!!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-09-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #22
Goldeelox9

September 2, 2011 - Day 4 - Part Four

Dinner was in the Enchanted Garden and since we had the welcome lunch in Cabanas this was our first time seeing it.

Wow, so pretty!

Well my Dad showed up with a Black Beard. Talk about freaking out, Alyssa could not get over it. She giggles and laughed. It was so funny!

JoJo came to dinner tonight with gifts for the kids. It was Austin's birthday cruise and having a little something to open really helped keep Alyssa well behaved during dinner.

Austin too loved his gift!

Now we had the late dining instead of the early dinner. While most people choose early dinner with kids, I find the late is better. See if you have early dinner you have late show. We would feed the kids around 5pm before the show then head to the show. After the show we had dinner. Alyssa and Matthew were ready to eat again and Austin would last about half way before one of us would walk him out of the restaurant. He was always asleep and the "walker" was back before the main course. We just brought the stroller in and he slept the night away. I feel being awake and enjoying the show is better then having the early dinner and sleeping through the show.

Did someone ask for a spoon???

We called him Cousin B. He was great with the kids.

Desert....

Finally after dinner Alyssa wanted to know what was under Popeye's eye patch. He lifted to reveal his "sore eye".....

That fool had that fake eye under that eye patch all during dinner....He is sooo funny!!!!

After dinner we went up to the deck to see the fireworks. We skipped the Pirate part of the party and hung out near Signals. Great spot to see the fireworks.

After the show Pete and I walked around some. We went to check out the Outlook. It is a an intimate cocktail lounge located on Deck 14 Midship with ocean views. I wanted to see it since this is where the cake cutting is for some weddings & vow renewals. It was sooo nice. We were there all alone. It wasn't being used for anything.

I was super tired at this point so after snuggling in one of those alcoves and talking a while we decided to head down to our room for a good nights sleep!!!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-08-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
Goldeelox9

September 3, 2011 - Day 5 - Part One

Today was Castaway Cay Day. We started off with Breakfast in Cabanas. There was a small misunderstanding, a small family fight and we got to the Island a little late.

Before that Popeye and the kids play in the Bunk Beds. Alyssa is a big fan of the Bearinstein Bears so she had it planned that Popeye was going to be "Brother Bear" and she was going to be "Sister Bear" So instead of sleeping in the Murphy bed my Dad was stuck on the top bunk. LOL

So Pete and I headed to the beach and saved spots. Everyone else come about an hour later.

While Pete and I were swimming Alyssa got to meet Stitch. Now you have seen two of her outfits, but this was a third. It's her Lilo dress and crown. She was so excited. The CM's told her Lilo doesn't get off the ship cause she wanders too much and they are afraid she would get lost on the Island.

Look at her holding my Dad's hand....so sweet!

Everyone else got to our spot and we hit the water. It was warm today, like 90 or so. Perfect beach weather. Now when picking out beach spot we wanted to be near Cookie for easy drink refilling, we also did not go to the new family beach, we stuck to the old one. In my opinion the sand is softer and the sea lice spottings are less here.

We played in the water for hours. It was sooo much fun! Castaway Cay is the best place in the whole world!

Alyssa has no fear!!!

After a few hours got out of the water to dry off before we hit up Cookies for some lunch!

We discovered Austin Loves Ribs. LOL The food was good, hot and fresh! I miss the Cookie Dough Soft Serve though.

After lunch Mickey was having a dance party. We just snapped a picture before heading back to the beach!

Everyone else headed for the slides, but Pete and I had a beer and relaxed!

That is Alyssa coming down the slide backwards!

And my Dad...LOL

Old 01-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #24
Goldeelox9

September 3, 2011 - Day 5 - Part Two

So while the rest of the family is slipping and sliding we are enjoying cold frosty grown up drinks.

After another hour or so we headed back to the ship.

In the next picture you can see how brown the island was from the hurricane. I am so glad it greened back up for my friend Lisa's wedding.

Speaking of weddings.....

See how green it was 3 years earlier when we were married.

I really miss the Flying Dutchman. I hope they bring one back. It added whimsy to the Island.

After we got back on the ship we had to pretty up in a hurry. It was formal night and the showing of Disney's Believe.

We were early and met JoJo and Matthew in the lobby since the doors to the Walt Disney Theater was not yet open.

We got the best seats of the cruise tonight. Down close to the front.

See the hidden Mickey?

Austin looks soo stinking cute in this picture. I wish Alyssa was looking.

The show was pretty good, but I didn't love it like I do DIsney Dreams.

I did love the Princess Tianna part. I love her!

I love this purple dress, Sophia is wearing!!!

Alyssa yelled out...Look Petey, It's your favorite Mickey. She knows Pete loves
Sorcerer Mickey!

After the show we took some pictures around the Walt Disney Sign. Not the best choice now that I look at them. The color is horrible here.

We ran into Patty! Yay, finally a picture. We did actually cruise on he same ship. I swear! LOL

Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
Goldeelox9

September 3, 2011 - Day 5 - Part Three

So after visiting with Patty some I headed to the D-Lounge. I was supposed to meet my sister and the kids for some Character pictures. Pete was shopping with my Aunt in the shops. He is such a girl when it comes to gift shops.

Well I waited and waited and waited. Laura and the kids never showed up. SOOO I got some character pictures! I was at the end of the line, since I let everyone in front of me.

Now at this point Alyssa and Snow White were on a 1st name basis. She was sad she didn't see her so she filmed a video for her.

Watch it HERE!!!

It was awesome. Her voice is amazing!

Apparently my family was doing a photoshoot on their own while I was waiting for them.

Dinner tonight was in the Royal Palace. We also planned to celebrate Austin's birthday tonight.

I wish I could have bought one of these bread baskets!

So since Austin could not stay awake until the end of Dinner we did his cake first. LOL

Austin didn't last long. He was asleep before we knew it!

Finally we were sitting next to Patty and her family. All of the other nights we were in the same section but not close.

YUM!!!

After dinner we headed to the farewell show. It was so sad knowing my family was all leaving the next morning.

Of course we needed to say goodbye to Snow White first.

Look Alyssa was getting sad saying goodbye.

Pete and I headed to the District for some Adult drinks!!

We ran into Jenni. She was part of out DIS group and we had spent time talking to her and her husband Chad in the pool earlier.

After a few beers we went back to our room. It was so nice not having to worry about packing while everyone else on the ship was scurrying to pack their bags and get them in the hall.

I crawled into bed and was asleep in no time!!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-08-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #26
TheThomsLuvDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your TR and am subbing in!

Your title sparked my interest, as we too B2B on the Dream in February. We also stayed at AKL and attended this trip with our extended family (DMIL, DFIL, DStepMIL, DSIL, DBIL, DN, Husband's best friend since childhood-like a DBIL and his 2 kids).

Loving all the Disney clothes, especially the t-shirts the kids wore on the first day of the cruise. Did you make these yourselves?

Can't wait for more! Thinking I need to back up and read some of your other TR's, it sounds like your entire family loves Disney as much as we do!!

DCL Feb 2014 Fantasy Eastern~SSR
DCL Feb 2013 Fantasy Western~BLT
Aulani April 2012
DCL Feb 2011 Dream B2B~AKL
DCL Jan 2010 Magical Eastern~CBR
DCL Jan 2008 Magical Western~SSR
DCL Jan 2006 Magical Western~POP
DCL Jan 2005 Magical Eastern~WL
DCL Jan 1999 7 Day Land/Sea~POFQ
TheThomsLuvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #27
Goldeelox9

Hi!!! Welcome to my Trip Report!!

I did make the Tie Dye Shirts we all wore. The shirts the kids wore their 1st day at Animal Kingdom I ordered from Etsy!

We leave for Disney world in 12 days so I HOPE to have the trip report done by then!

Wasn't being B2B on the Dream amazing???

Old 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #28
Dreamer7787
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post

Now the following Video will prove that a one year old is 100% NOT to young to enjoy a Disney Cruise. People who abject to taking babies due to "them not remembering" are insane. Sure in 3 years he won't remember this, but we always will.

Watch the Video HERE!!!
This is too precious! I will be showing this video to FI to try to make him into a believer. When I ever say I want our future kids to experience Disney before they’re two he looks at me like I’m crazy. :roll eyes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeelox9 View Post

Wow! I was in some musicals with the girl holding the umbrella back in high school. I’d heard she was working on one of the Disney cruises, but its still strange to stumble across a familiar face on sage! lol

Last edited by Dreamer7787; 01-08-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Dreamer7787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #29
Goldeelox9

How cool, seeing someone you know on the DIS boards!!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

Is that a hidden mickey I spotted on Brandon's head??? Love it!!!

Does Pete have one too???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: