Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #1
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

A week on the Disney Dream! B2B

This trip report is a report on my Back to Back on the Disney Dream in September 2011. I must finish this in 19 days...We are heading back to Walt Disney World for my niece's 4th birthday.

My Past Trip Reports

My DCL Wedding Trip Report & AKL Honeymoon TR

Vanessa's Wedding Weekend Trip Report 12/12~12/14!

February 2007 - Pop Century, Pete's first Visit.

November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder - 1st Anniversary.

January 2011 - Port Orleans French Quarter, BLT, DIsney Magic - Part One & Part Two

Cast of Characters

Me - Lisa
DH - Pete
DSis - Laura
DBIL - Brandon
DNiece - Alyssa - 3.5
DNephew - Austin - almost 1 year, this is his Birthday Cruise
DD - Dad
DA - JoJo, my Aunt
DC - Matthew, my cousin

Me and Pete:

Laura and Brandon

Alyssa

Austin

Dad & Aunt JoJo

Matthew

I planned this trip for all of us. I was so happy my Dad, my aunt and cousin were joining us this time. I love vacationing with my family.

I have over 2000 pictures from this trip. So lets get started.
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Goldeelox9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
Goldeelox9

August 30, 2011 - Travel day

Pete worked today. As soon as he got home we were packed and ready for my BIL to take us to the airport. Brandon and the kids got to my house around 3pm and we loaded the truck. Alyssa helped with last minute packing.

Went we got to the airport she was not very happy to be saying good bye. i told her I would see her tomorrow.

Out flight was uneventful. We landed at MCO around 9:30pm. We made our way to the Magical Express.

We had a small wait. Once we got on the bus we stopped at Old Key West first and then the All Stars, Music I think. Finally we were at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We checked in and we had been assigned the perfect room facing the pool just like we requested.

At this point it was about 11pm. We were starving and of course the Mara was closed. We ordered a chicken sandwich and a burger. The bill was like $45 but at that point it didn't matter. In room dining was great. They come in a set up a table for you. It was really nice.

After dinner Pete went for a walk around the resort and I went to sleep!

Two Days until we board the ship....

We stayed here at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our Honeymoon and we were not too impressed. After this trip we changed our tune for sure. We thouroghly enjoyed our stay this year.
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West; February 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; February - 2014 - Grand Californian; May 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney Magic B2B, Bay Lake Towers; May 2014 - Wilderness Lodge for Star Wars Weekend; August 2014 - Old Key West, Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 AM   #3
SoCaOC-Mom
DIS Veteran

I enjoyed revisiting your wedding TR and am looking forward to reading more. Is that beautiful little baby girl in your wedding the same beautiful toddler in this TR?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
SoCaOC-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
Goldeelox9

August 31, 2011 - Day 2

Today was the day the rest of our family was joining us at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We had booked everyone's rooms with our "bonus" DVC points that we got for adding points on. We had rented points from a friend and the original plan was to stay at Old Key West, but we switched to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and used our points for the upgrade in rooms. We got my Aunt & Cousin and my Sister and her family Savannah View rooms. My Dad was crashing with Pete and I.

We woke up this morning and enjoyed our fabulous view.

I was sooo excited that my family was going to be here today. They all got to the airport on time. They had an uneventful flight.

The tram at the airport. Alyssa loves her cousin Matthew. He is her favorite cousin.

Pete and I went to downtown Disney. I forgot the Camera. We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express and bought some Christmas ornaments and some treats in Goofy's for the kids.

We got back to the hotel and waited for everyone.

My sister had call me and Pete and I were waiting out front. We wanted to see what everyone thought of the resort right away. I also wanted to help them check in in case there were any issues.

Everyone's rooms were ready right away. It was like 1pm

We went and checked out everyone's rooms. My Aunt and sister's rooms were right a crossed the hall from us.

They had not eaten lunch so we went to the Mara and grabbed lunch.

After lunch we played in the kiddie pool for a bit.

After we ate Alyssa and Pete went to nap while the rest of us went to check out the Animals.

I headed up to our room and found Alyssa still asleep. Pete was already awake.

After everyone woke up we headed to the pool! Alyssa LOVED the slide!!

After a few hours at the pool Pete, Alyssa and I were going to head to the Poly to see the fireworks and get dinner. I then realized we had spent too much time in the pool. We didn't have time to get there in time for the fireworks . Instead we all took showers and headed to the Mara for dinner.

After dinner my sister had to do laundry and we all laid around hanging out. Alyssa was in our room with my sister. Brandon had put Austin to sleep so Alyssa and Laura were hanging out with us. Laura had fallen Asleep and Alyssa and my Dad stayed up so late playing. LOL Finally everyone settled down and we all went to sleep!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
lablady
Mouseketeer

Great TR so far! You take beautiful pictures!

<Shawna>
lablady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
Goldeelox9

Yes the beautiful bald baby is growing up! We will be celebrating her 4th birthday in 18 days at WDW! Time flies.

Also thank you on the compliments on y pictures....I love taking pictures.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report and awesome pictures! We often do the same thing...lose track of time and miss fireworks. Oy!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
Goldeelox9

September 1, 2011 - Day 3

We woke up this morning and I was so excited. It was cruise day! I love Disney Cruises soooo much, so much I got married on one. HAHA!

I went to my sister's room and roused them. I got Alyssa dressed and Pete, Alyssa and I headed to the Mara for breakfast.

The rest of the family slowly trickled in. Everyone had a good breakfast before heading back to our rooms for one last look at the "Aminals" LOL

My Dad is the best grandfather, or "Popeye" ever. You can tell by how much the kids truly love him. He is their favorite person in the whole world.

We all dressed in our Disney Tie Dye shirts made by yours truly. We were quite a sight. I can not wait to wear them again in 18 days at Walt Disney World!

I had booked a private van through Orlando Chauffeured Services. I can not recommend them enough! They were professional and punctual. The driver was dressed in a suit and my favorite thing is that they had a trailer for the luggage. The van was spotless and the driver was very nice. I would use them again in a heart beat. If you contact them let them know Lisa from Pixie and Pirate Destinations sent you. They take extra good care of my clients.

We had arranged for a stop at a liquor store to pick up some beer and wine to carry onto the ship with us. We stopped a few miles from the port at a nice shopping center with a liquor store and a supermarket.

Before long we were pulling up to the Disney Dream.

WOW I have been on the Magic and Wonder a few times before but the beauty of the Dream was breath taking.

We went through security and up the escalator. We checked in and got a number 3. Yup a 3...YAY!!!

My friend Patty and her family were sailing on this cruise too. Patty actually had me book the cruise for her over a year before sailing. Once I saw how affordable the sailing was I talked my family into booking also. Then when we were on our cruise last Janaury we rebooked for a lower price.

They were calling our number before we even got the Mickey Picture in the terminal.

We walked down the hallway towards the photo location.

We have a group picture somewhere. I will need to scan it in. Here are some bootleg shots taken with my camera.

One quick picture before we head up the gangway.

Once the announced "Prince Alyssa's Family" we were on the ship.

Oh wow what a beautiful ship. I will do a ship tour in a future post. I wrote up a tour with tons of pictures taken on the empty ship when we boarded the 2nd half of the B2B. It is going to be published in my Travel Agency's newsletter. Once it is I will post the tour here.

Goofy was onboard and posing for pictures. We headed to see him before making way to Cabana's for lunch.

Austin is not too sure...HAHAHA!

Instead of going to the Enchanted Garden like the CM's were guiding us too I knew to head to Cabana's. We got two tables and headed to the buffet.

Austin enjoyed the cookies the most!

I ran in to Patty's family and stopped to say "HI" and to give them their Mickey Tie Dyes. A after a great lunch it was 1pm and we headed to our cabins to check them out.

Nigel showed us the way to the elevator.

We were in Cabin 8648. A Category 5B It was a great cabin in a great location.

My sister was in Cabin 8642, Category 4B, it was larger then ours since it was a "family" cabin. They had three adults and two kids in their room and it was plenty big enough!

Look how much larger the desk is in a family cabin.

Pete and I used a Perfect Gift again to send a Birthday Gift basket to Austin for his birthday. It was full of snacks for a one year old and juice boxes as well at sand toys for the beach!

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #9
Goldeelox9

September 1, 2011 - Day 3, Part 2

We left Brandon and Austin for a nap. Pete and I headed to Evolution for the DVC welcome and My sister and Dad took Alyssa to the Kids club to get registered.

We got to evolution and spotted Patty and family. She was a crossed the club from us. We got our free drinks and watched the presentation. Here is Patty being asked a question to win a prize.

Half way through Patty got up and left. I couldn't figure out where she went. Major fail on my part....LOL....She went to the DISBOARD meet. Opps...I totally missed that one!

My sister got Alyssa all signed up for the kids club.

We were worried Alyssa would not want to stay at the kids club based on her reaction to it 9 months ago. Well what a difference 9 months makes. While during the last cruise she didn't want to be left at the kids club this cruise she couldn't wait for us to leave her there. LOL

We met up with out family at our life boat section.

We were super early. Do not be early...all you do is stand there for a LONG time. Next life boat drill we were 5 minutes late and were out of there in no time.

The boys try to pass the time while we wait.

Alyssa snagged herself a Disney Cruiseline cap we had received at the DVC presentation.

This was our view during the Life Boat drill.

We went right up to deck 11 for the Sail Away Party! We wanted good "Seats" next to the railing. Well on the Dream they put the chairs away so we had to stand. We were still right at the rail.

Austin enjoyed this show way more then the show 9 months ago!

I love that DCL logo! It makes me smile every time I see it.

After the sail away party we went to our cabin and decorated the door. We also got dressed for the show and Dinner.

My girl is all ready!

Now see these hallways. They seemed much longer the on the Magic and Wonder. There were only doors on one side instead of both sides. The inside rooms all have mini hallways. There was no art on the walls and felt generic. When I had to walk the length of the ship I would go up on deck instead of walking along the drab hallways.

We met Snow White. She was Alyssa's favorite at the time. She is been edged out, only slightly, by Rapunzel in recent months.

This Snow White was not only the prettiest Snow White I have ever met, but the sweetest. We visited her MANY times in these three days and she always remembered Alyssa's name. She knew me as "Alyssa's Auntie". When I ran into her during the 2nd half of the B2B, the half my sister's family was not on, she asked me about Alyssa.

While waiting for Snow White Pete got a frozen coffee drink. This was the first of MANY through out the cruise. He loved them so much. One sip and Brandon was hooked too.

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #10
Goldeelox9

September 1, 2011 - Day 3, Part 3

I really wish we could post more then 25 pictures a post. I have sooo many! HAHAHA!

After meeting the favorite princess we went to the D Lounge. There were always great characters there and the lines were always much shorter then in the atrium.

On the way there I snapped this picture.

When we got to the D Lounge we met Donald and them Mickey

Captain Hook and Peter pan were chasing each other all around the atrium. It was so funny to see.

We ran into Goofy on our way to the show.

The show tonight was the Golden Mickey's. Alyssa fell asleep about 15 minutes into the show.

When the show was over we went to the kids club for a little while. I was so crowded we did not stay too long.

Even the adults have to wash their hands.

I like that the ceilings are low in the kids club not to overwhelm the kids.

Dinner tonight was in Animator's Palate. The restaurant was decorated so cute.

After dinner it was time for a little AquaDuck

Then it was time for bed! I love DCL turn down service.

Last edited by Goldeelox9; 01-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #11
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Lovin this trip report as I do your others. What are the things you liked best about the Dream and what did you miss about the Wonder and magic?
I am cruising on the Fantasy Dec 15-22. Trying to anticipate what I need to prepare for.
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:45 AM   #12
Goldeelox9

I did not miss anything from the Magic and Wonder. I thought I was going to hate the adult pool area, but I did not. It is smaller, but was never really crowded. I never had an issure getting a big round cushy lounger. I had many of good naps on that seat. HAHAHA! I loved the new Movies. The seats were so comfortable. I loved Palo...Please tell me you are eating there. It blew the Magic and Wonder's Palo away. Even though the dream is bigger and has more areas I do not like it "More" then the Magie & Wonder, just differant. We are sailing on the Wonder in 285 days and I can not wait. The Dream did feel a little less personal, but I was on it a week. I can see 3 or 4 night cruisers thinking they need more. I was not comfortable getting around until atleast the 3 or 4th day. You hear complaints about Cabana's, but I liked yhr elevator opening there. We were near between the mid ship elevator and the rear elevator (closer to the back one) and used that elevator a lot. It made getting a drink easy and it was near the adult pool. Also I hardly ever saw any children in the adult pool area. I know it's a complaint, but there was a CM who was there to chase the kids out and he did his job very well! All in all you will love it!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #13
NancyLuvsMickey
Mouseketeer

I love the tye-dye tshirts... You did a great job on them!!!

And is that a hidden Mickey I spot on the back of your Dad's head??? Way cool!!!
NancyLuvsMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #14
Trinity524
DIS Veteran

Love your trip reports! Have you taken an Eastern Cruise? You should sell those shirts!

Trinity524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:05 AM   #15
Goldeelox9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyLuvsMickey View Post
I love the tye-dye tshirts... You did a great job on them!!!

And is that a hidden Mickey I spot on the back of your Dad's head??? Way cool!!!
Thank you! The shirts were a hit, we got a lot of compliments on them. That is a Hidden (or not so Hidden) Mickey in my dad's hair. It's not the first time either.

I about killed him when he walked in my house the day we were leaving for the wedding trip and I saw his head. Then I realized he is my dad and is Goofy, nothing new. Plus I am the only girl who's Dad was that dedicated to her wedding theme. HAHAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity524 View Post
Love your trip reports! Have you taken an Eastern Cruise? You should sell those shirts!
Thank you. I have not done the Eastern. We would like to do one in 2015 (he we are planners, what can I say). We were originally thinking 2013 would be our Eastern Year, BUT we booked Hawaii in 2012 and have no trip (besides a quick weekend trip) planned for 2013 now.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: