Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in!! Looks like fun!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 PM   #32
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansMommy1 View Post
Subbing!! Excited to read along!
Great! Thanks so much, glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Oh my goodness! You're intros are fabulous! Can't wait for more!
Aw, thanks so much! I'm glad you liked them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
joining in!
Awesome, thank you so much for being here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I'm joining in!! Looks like fun!
Aw thanks! Glad you're here!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #33
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The One Where I Spontaneously Combust

The One Where I Spontaneously Combust

Day 0: Tuesday, December 13-Day 1: Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Disney Eve started just like any other day. Only, that isn’t true at all. The only thing on my mind when I woke up was: “I AM GOING TO MY FAVORITE PLACE EVER TOMORROW MORNING AND I MIGHT DIE OF HAPPINESS AND I HAVEN’T EVEN PACKED YET OR DONE MUCH AT ALL IN THE WAY OF PREPARATION.” Yeah… seriously. Once I was able to start thinking clearly, I freaked out some more. I mean, my official countdown had started at 118 days. So when I changed it to say 1 DAY, I just couldn’t believe it!

At that point, I had been to Disney twice. My first trip was with my family in late June 2010, and my second trip was five and a half months later in early December 2010. The day I had last been on Disney property was December 11, 2010, so it had been over a year at that point. It was too long of a wait. In other words, I never want to have to wait more than like six months to go back, ever again. The way I see it, I did my time. 21 years of hard time, to be exact.

Listen, I told you I go off on tangents… right?

So, Disney Eve was a busy day. Honestly, it would have been a busy day even if I hadn’t had to prepare for Disney. So finally around 10:00 pm I was able to take a shower and START packing. I took this BEAUTIFUL picture. (And yes, I do have a gigantic framed Titanic poster on my wall.)

Packing all my stuff actually didn’t take all that long. Thankfully, I had already sent some stuff ahead with Amanda, who was at that point already on her way with Ryan. (More on that later!)

After I was finished packing, I went to sleep. UM, YEAH RIGHT. I was wide awake. I mean... WIDE awake.

I went on the DIS, watched Aladdin, and did some Disney nails. I did basic Minnie Mouse, red with white dots. I didn’t take any pictures of them because I wasn’t in my right mind, but they’ll show up in random pictures later on. At this point it was about 3:00 am, and I was STILL awake. So I decided to do what any sane person would do at 3:00 in the morning: I rode my exercise bike 2 and ½ miles. Then I started to watch my favorite movie of all time, The Little Mermaid. Apparently having a movie memorized allows you to fall asleep on it. When all was said and done, I probably fell asleep at around 4 am.

I woke up at 7. (That’s 3 hours of sleep for those of you keeping track. ) But really, who needs sleep when it's DISNEY DAY?!?!?!?!?! The time I woke up was about the time that Sally was taking off on her first flight of the day!

I guess this would be a good time to explain to you our travelling situation. Originally, Sally was going to fly because her mom could get her flights for free, because she had Delta points to use up.

Amanda and I were going to drive the 500 miles over to Tennessee to our school to pick up Kristen, and just spend the night in her apartment, and drive the rest of the way to Florida early the next morning.

After I thought about it, I decided to try to get a flight down. See, I have a really weak stomach, (you’re gonna want to remember that little tidbit for later) and sometimes too much traveling by car and having to eat fast food every meal makes me sick. So I booked a flight down to Orlando on JetBlue, and I was going to be the first to arrive.

When Ryan officially decided to go, it was decided that they would drive his mom’s car because it’s bigger than Amanda’s car. Then they decided to skip the ‘spend the night in Tennessee’ thing and just keep on truckin’ down to Florida. Sally switched to earlier flights so we would be able just GO once we all got there. PHEW! Let’s continue.

After I woke up (and skipped around my room like a maniac), I got ready in record time, gathered up all my stuff, said goodbye to my mom, brother, and cat Sammy, and left! Before I could leave though, my mom took this picture of me. I look so tired already, oh boy haha. (That would be the last time I would need my jacket!)

My dad was taking me to the airport. We stopped at Starbucks along the way so I could have some breakfast. I got a morning bun (something you should all have if you have the chance) and some water and we continued on our way to RIC!

We made it there around 9, parked temporarily, and headed in. I had already printed my boarding pass and didn't need to check any bags, so we just headed to the little seating area outside the security gates and waited. My flight was at 10:30, so I didn't want to be sitting alone at my gate forever. My dad updated his facebook status to say: "Sitting at RIC with Marissa who is about to board her Christmas present to Disney World." He thought that was pretty funny, hahahah. I was getting a little antsy, so I decided to go through security at 9:30. That way, I would have a little bit of time to relax before boarding.

It was my first time experiencing the new security system and it was... interesting. Everything was okay for me, but not so much for the guys behind me. The security lady asked me, "Is this your suitcase?" I told her no, and she said, "You should be glad about that."

Right, because the girl with the blatant WALT DISNEY WORLD t-shirt and Mickey Mouse earrings is always the first suspect...

Apparently this father-son duo behind me thought they could bring about four snowglobes and two huge bottles of water through security. Um, hello? I guess everything turned out okay for them though, because they ended up on my flight!

After I stood at the gate for a while twiddling my thumbs, it was time to board the plane! We boarded a little after 10 and before I knew it, we were taking off! I just love JetBlue. I'm not even really sure why, it's just my favorite.

The flight was a little bumpy, but nothing too bad. I watched the Price is Right while I listened to a million Disney songs on my iPod. Is it just me or is that guy NOT Drew Carey? I mean I know it is but GOODNESS, he looks so different!

We ended up landing in Orlando a little bit early!

Continued in Next Update

Last edited by marDgreen88; 06-29-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #34
arbolita
DIS Veteran

Yay first update!!

I totally get where you're coming from with wanting to be in Disney all the freaking time. My parents took us once when I was 5, and that was it. I didn't get back there until 2008 As you can see from my signature, ever since my first trip back there, the time between visits keeps getting smaller and smaller. Clearly the solution is that I just need to move down there.

Anyway, TANGENT. Back to your TR =)

I really think you only need 3 hours of sleep to make it through your first day at Disney. You're going on so much adrenaline, you could probably do it on less!

I've never been on JetBlue - probably because they don't have any direct flights to Orlando from here, haha.

And yes on Drew Carey! Good for him for losing the weight/getting in shape, but he looks SO WEIRD to me now.

Great start! Can't wait to read more =D
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #35
ZFamily5
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Love that you rode your exercise bike when you couldn't fall asleep! Sounds like something I might do!

And I definitely agree you've put your time of waiting in! 21 years is a long time!

Can't wait for more!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2750029

2013 Disneyland Paris PTR:
Pixie Dust in Paris!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47067772

2013 Disneyland Paris TR:
"She Ate Human!"
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3135334
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #36
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

I'm here and excited to read about your trip. I have to ask- which choir were your friends in together?
Old 01-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #37
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I can never sleep properly the day before a big trip, it is all the excitement and travel nerves, at least you channeled that into exercise.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #38
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Wow, I am impressed that you were able to exercise while you were so antsy in the middle of the night. I probably would have just been camped out in front of the tv watching dvds or shows or whatnot.

love the Titanic poster - I may have had the same one in my dorm room. Right next to my Clueless poster. Because I was obsessed.

Um 4 snowglobes and 2 water bottles? Really? besides the fact that the suitcase must have been crazy heavy, did they miss all the security signs?

Best part of TRs coming up - arrival to Disney!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 AM   #39
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Great update! I know what you mean about being crazy before a trip! The excitement with a little added stress make for some interesting situations!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #40
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

I'm loving all of the attraction references in the intro post.

HAHAHA i love that you went on your exercise bike... because I do that all the time. I write my updates when I'm on it. It takes me mind off of the whole exercise aspect.

I love jet blue too. It's the best!

Can't wait for you to arrive at Disney!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #41
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Great start. Hooray for the Little Mermaid...without it, you wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all! Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #42
Eira
Earning My Ears

I like your leaving photo, even though you said you were tired you look so happy in it!
Drew Carey does look so different! I thought it would be Bob Barker forever... I was beginning to think that they had already replaced him with a Robot. Seriously. He'd been around since I could remember! Come to think of it ... maybe it's a Drew Carey Bot too!
Old 01-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #43
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Disney Eve is so exciting!!! I have the hardest time sleeping before Disney, so I know exactly how you feel! I can't wait for your arrival in Disney!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
Old 01-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #44
arbolita
DIS Veteran

I just noticed you're in Virginia! HEY NEIGHBOR! Which part are you in?
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
Old 01-05-2012, 01:41 PM   #45
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbolita View Post
Yay first update!!

I totally get where you're coming from with wanting to be in Disney all the freaking time. My parents took us once when I was 5, and that was it. I didn't get back there until 2008 As you can see from my signature, ever since my first trip back there, the time between visits keeps getting smaller and smaller. Clearly the solution is that I just need to move down there.

Anyway, TANGENT. Back to your TR =)

I really think you only need 3 hours of sleep to make it through your first day at Disney. You're going on so much adrenaline, you could probably do it on less!

I've never been on JetBlue - probably because they don't have any direct flights to Orlando from here, haha.

And yes on Drew Carey! Good for him for losing the weight/getting in shape, but he looks SO WEIRD to me now.

Great start! Can't wait to read more =D
CLEARLY! Sounds like a good solution to me!

Hahaha listen, I know all about tangents, don't even worry about it.

Well you're exactly right because that's basically what happened! ADRENALINE!!!

I know, I wish Jet Blue was in more parts of the country! It's very random.

Yeah he looks like a completely different person! It's very weird but very good for him.

THANKS! I am working on my ARRIVAL for tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFamily5 View Post
Great update!

Love that you rode your exercise bike when you couldn't fall asleep! Sounds like something I might do!

And I definitely agree you've put your time of waiting in! 21 years is a long time!

Can't wait for more!
Thank you!

Hahah I mean it definitely helped me get more tired, but I felt like a psychopath doing it at 3 am! It was pretty hilarious.

Aww haha yeah, it is! Luckily I'll never have to wait 21 years again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateKate View Post
I'm here and excited to read about your trip. I have to ask- which choir were your friends in together?
Hi! Thanks for coming! OH yeah! Obviously another Lee person would want to know haha. They were in Campus Choir, and actually Kristen is still in it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
I can never sleep properly the day before a big trip, it is all the excitement and travel nerves, at least you channeled that into exercise.
Yeah exactly! Hahaha, I know, I mean at least I made good use of my time but I kinda felt like a lunatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Wow, I am impressed that you were able to exercise while you were so antsy in the middle of the night. I probably would have just been camped out in front of the tv watching dvds or shows or whatnot.

love the Titanic poster - I may have had the same one in my dorm room. Right next to my Clueless poster. Because I was obsessed.

Um 4 snowglobes and 2 water bottles? Really? besides the fact that the suitcase must have been crazy heavy, did they miss all the security signs?

Best part of TRs coming up - arrival to Disney!
Haha well I did that too! But I figured I wouldn't be able to do it for a few days so... WHY NOT! Hahaha.

Thanks! Yeah I'm kinda obsessed with that movie. Surprisingly I've never seen Clueless though! I bet those were beautiful posters.

Yeah... I was so confused. The funniest part was they were just so casual about it. I mean they could have waited to buy some water at the gate... but I really have no clue what was going through their heads!

YEAH! I'm excited about that one! Should (HOPEFULLY) be up tonight!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: