Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 AM   #106
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddawg View Post
Can you make a reservation without giving your emerald club number and then just show your card when you check the car out at the airport?

Also is there a standard car isle at the Orlando airport or just mid size and full size. I have an upgrade coupon and I want a full size car so do I reserve a mid size or a standard?
No, you will have to go to the counter. And you will select from the appropriate row, NOT the EA.
No standard row, with an upgrade coupon for one class, go to the next lowest, so, if you want a full size, reserve a mid size.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #107
KCMiller
Has decided she does not need anonymous approval, even if it does come from a fairy...

I'll be arriving VERY late (after 11:30pm) on Friday, the 16th, and I'm a bit concerned about what I'll find on the aisle. If I get there and everything on the regular aisle is taken, will they let me have something from the Exec aisle?

Thanks,

KC

My DD was a Maid at Haunted Mansion , and then she was a Merchantainer at AK ! Hooray for the College Program!

My DS was a lifeguard at Blizzard Beach, and then a lifeguard at Caribbean Beach! Hooray for the College Program!
KCMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #108
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I have never seen that aisle empty and I have landed a couple of times after midnight!

If it is they may direct you to the midsize aisle or tell you take from the Executive .

However, it would have to be EMPTY to let you go to the Executive not "I don't like any of the options"

At the airports where I have seen the Aisle empty the Executive is always empty too....
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #109
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMiller View Post
I'll be arriving VERY late (after 11:30pm) on Friday, the 16th, and I'm a bit concerned about what I'll find on the aisle. If I get there and everything on the regular aisle is taken, will they let me have something from the Exec aisle?

Thanks,

KC
No, and I doubt you will the EA empty. They are constantly "refilling" the aisle, 24/7/365.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #110
KCMiller
Has decided she does not need anonymous approval, even if it does come from a fairy...

Thanks - I'd hate to show up and not have a car waiting, you know?

KC

My DD was a Maid at Haunted Mansion , and then she was a Merchantainer at AK ! Hooray for the College Program!

My DS was a lifeguard at Blizzard Beach, and then a lifeguard at Caribbean Beach! Hooray for the College Program!
KCMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:36 AM   #111
pinkteacup
Earning My Ears

Has anyone checked out the aisle at MCO recently? We are leaving in a few weeks and this is the first time we are choosing from the emerald aisle. Hoping for a nice selection

TIA
Lisa
Old 03-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #112
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

Some updates from me...

@MCO, Dodge Challenger and Volvo S40

@MIA, Fiat 500, VW CC

@TPA, VW Golf, Volvo S60
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 PM   #113
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkteacup View Post
Has anyone checked out the aisle at MCO recently? We are leaving in a few weeks and this is the first time we are choosing from the emerald aisle. Hoping for a nice selection

TIA
Lisa
I see it 5 days a week. They have had some very nice vehicles, from midsize up to and including mini vans, SUVs, full size cars and some premiums. The selection varies everyday and according to the amount of vehicles rented.
It is impossible to say what will be there except that you are guaranteed a midsize car.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #114
Escapecar
Earning My Ears

I've made a Premium reservation for a 6pm pickup this Saturday.

Should I be mentally preparing myself for a Grand Marquis, or will there be something nicer available?
Escapecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #115
pr surfer
Beaches and Beers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapecar View Post

Should I be mentally preparing myself for a Grand Marquis, or will there be something nicer available?
I've gotten Volvos this year and last year an Audi and an Infiniti once each.
"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
pr surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #116
NJFireman22
Mouseketeer

We flew into MCO last Weds.29th 9:00pm we went to the Aisle, we found
Yukons, Suburbans, a couple of Expeditions, and several crossovers. We picked a Chev. Traverse which only had less than 2000 mi on it.
The B side was full that night,so full that cars were being parked behind eachother, I never saw that before !
DS (21) year 4 @ UCF Charge On !
DD (17) Soon to be a Knight !

We have moved into our new Vacation Home in Windermere, and it is wonderful ( 7 min. ) to Mickey
and Friends !! Over 100 times to the World !
79' offsite,90' offsite,1/94' OKW,1/99' BWV,1/01' WLV,1/03' BCV,1/05' BWV,1/06' OKW,1/07 BCV 10/07 (F&WF) Swan, 12/07 OKW,
09/08 Our New Vacation Home from now on
NJFireman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #117
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFireman22 View Post
We flew into MCO last Weds.29th 9:00pm we went to the Aisle, we found
Yukons, Suburbans, a couple of Expeditions, and several crossovers. We picked a Chev. Traverse which only had less than 2000 mi on it.
The B side was full that night,so full that cars were being parked behind eachother, I never saw that before !
The vehicles you say parked that way were in the "overflow" lot. We park them that way cause it saves space. By the end of the night, that lot was totally empty.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #118
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escapecar View Post

Hard to say, but, I can tell you if you want something else, ask and we will see if it is available.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 PM   #119
ksantilli
Mouseketeer

So I am enrolled in the Emerald Aisle program, but have never used it. We will be traveling to Ft. Meyers FL, in October, where we will rent a car and later drive to WDW.
Since I've never used this program before, can someone please tell me how it works? I have a family of 5, I'd assume we need an SUV or Mini van. Do I reserve one of those, and plan to pay that rate, and then if I get there and there is an SUV or mini van in the Emerald Aisle, can I request getting it for the Emerald Aisle(midsize) rate? Or how does it work exactly?

TIA to anyone who can help clear this up for me!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #120
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksantilli View Post
So I am enrolled in the Emerald Aisle program, but have never used it. We will be traveling to Ft. Meyers FL, in October, where we will rent a car and later drive to WDW.
Since I've never used this program before, can someone please tell me how it works? I have a family of 5, I'd assume we need an SUV or Mini van. Do I reserve one of those, and plan to pay that rate, and then if I get there and there is an SUV or mini van in the Emerald Aisle, can I request getting it for the Emerald Aisle(midsize) rate? Or how does it work exactly?

TIA to anyone who can help clear this up for me!
You reserve the size you need, which would be an Emerald Reserve Reservation assuming you log in the EC sign in area. You can try to change your rate, but, keep in mind it would be at a walk up rate, which is usually higher for the change. The Emerald Aisle rate is for midsize and you take the chance that what you need will be on the aisle.
The Emerald Club site pretty much explains the ins and outs of the reservation process and the club rules. If you have specific questions not covered there, give National a call and ask.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: