Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #91
dishguy1977
Mouseketeer

Do Tahoes ever show up on the aisles? Are there 8 seaters?
dishguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #92
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

So, after reading through this post I think I know the answer to this question but I'm nervous about making sure that we get a car that works for us. Would it be reasonable to expect that we'll find at least a full size car in the Emerald Aisle? We would be thrilled with something bigger but a full size would work. I think we could squeeze into a mid-size but it wouldn't be the most comfortable with two adults, two car seats, luggage, and a stroller.

Thank you for your help!

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #93
ktpc2005
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post
So, after reading through this post I think I know the answer to this question but I'm nervous about making sure that we get a car that works for us. Would it be reasonable to expect that we'll find at least a full size car in the Emerald Aisle? We would be thrilled with something bigger but a full size would work. I think we could squeeze into a mid-size but it wouldn't be the most comfortable with two adults, two car seats, luggage, and a stroller.

Thank you for your help!
What I would do is make two reservations, one for a midsize to gamble on the aisle and one for the size of car you actually need. When you get there you can see what options you have and go from there.
ktpc2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #94
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy1977 View Post
Do Tahoes ever show up on the aisles? Are there 8 seaters?
I've seen Expeditions and Suburbans, but only on the Executive Aisle. I've never seen anything bigger than a minivan on the Regular Emerald Aisle. What level are you....?

Hoping for something bigger is a gamble. We went 5 times one year (2010)and used the National EA every trip and never got anything bigger than a full size each trip (Tarus) and we are Executive Aisle members, so we can choose from either aisle. We had better luck in 2011. When we need a minivan, we use the Emerald Reserve and book that size vehicle....cost more, but didn't want to be left without a vehicle that fits my party size.
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #95
dishguy1977
Mouseketeer

I did just get bumped up to exec. Are any of those Expeditions or Suburbans 8 seaters? I can't seem to book any sort of 8 seater on the website and I do believe they have Sienna's that seat 8 - is a special code or something required? Expeditions and Suburbans both have 8 seat options - do any of the ones at MCO have that option? The plan is to book 2 separate cars to seat the 8 people but if we could manage to get one vehicle that everyone could fit in that would be great! If they just happen to have an 8 seater in one of the aisles then that would be even better!! We arrive on May 3rd which is a Thursday - is it true there is a better chance of finding a bigger vehicle on the aisle during a weekday as opposed to a weekend?
dishguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #96
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildAtHeart82 View Post

Thank you for your help!
You will find at least a midsize on the EA and most likely a full size.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #97
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktpc2005 View Post
What I would do is make two reservations, one for a midsize to gamble on the aisle and one for the size of car you actually need. When you get there you can see what options you have and go from there.
You might want to consider this before making multiple reservations with National. It can happen.

Is There a Cancellation Fee?

Guaranteed Reservations: Cancellations are accepted up to one calendar day before reservation date. If the reservation is not cancelled, a No Show Fee of $50.00 (plus applicable taxes, surcharges, and lessor fees) will be charged to the credit card on the Guaranteed Reservation.

"No show"customers: if the reservation is not canceled within 24 hours of the booked arrival time, National will charge a fee on the renter's credit card for vehicles that are reserved but not rented.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #98
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishguy1977 View Post
I did just get bumped up to exec. Are any of those Expeditions or Suburbans 8 seaters? I can't seem to book any sort of 8 seater on the website and I do believe they have Sienna's that seat 8 - is a special code or something required? Expeditions and Suburbans both have 8 seat options - do any of the ones at MCO have that option? The plan is to book 2 separate cars to seat the 8 people but if we could manage to get one vehicle that everyone could fit in that would be great! If they just happen to have an 8 seater in one of the aisles then that would be even better!! We arrive on May 3rd which is a Thursday - is it true there is a better chance of finding a bigger vehicle on the aisle during a weekday as opposed to a weekend?
The Expeditions and Burbs are 7 passenger. If you cannot find a Sienna listed under 8 passenger mini vans, it probably means they are sold out for your date. Call National and see what they can do for you. As to when you arrive, it totally depends on what has been booked for that date. No, it is not true, Thurs. has been a very heavy travel day as of late. If you need two vehicles, book them, do not rely on finding something other than what you need on the Aisles.
Correction to the above reply. Our Expeditions and Burbs do seat 8.

Last edited by gmeh1; 02-29-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #99
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Thank you for your response. That's what I expected to hear but I feel better about it now with a firm answer from a trusted source.

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #100
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I've seen Expeditions and Suburbans, but only on the Executive Aisle. I've never seen anything bigger than a minivan on the Regular Emerald Aisle. What level are you....?

Hoping for something bigger is a gamble. We went 5 times one year (2010)and used the National EA every trip and never got anything bigger than a full size each trip (Tarus) and we are Executive Aisle members, so we can choose from either aisle. We had better luck in 2011. When we need a minivan, we use the Emerald Reserve and book that size vehicle....cost more, but didn't want to be left without a vehicle that fits my party size.
Lately, there have been Burbs, Expeditions, convertables regular mini vans, Siennas etc. on the EA and on the exec. side. Like you said, book what you need via Emerald reserve.
I agree, it is a gamble. BTW, the Taurus is now condsidered a Premium car.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:13 PM   #101
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Quote:
Lately, there have been Burbs, Expeditions, convertables regular mini vans, Siennas etc. on the EA and on the exec. side. Like you said, book what you need via Emerald reserve.
I agree, it is a gamble. BTW, the Taurus is now condsidered a Premium car.
Wow, really? We like to grab a Ford Edge when we see it. We really like that one!
Oct. 18-Nov 1 @ BWV

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:05 AM   #102
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Wow, really? We like to grab a Ford Edge when we see it. We really like that one!
I like the Edge too, but, I have not really seen too many of those lately. Lately they have been putting mini vans EVERYWHERE. From compacts up to full size. And, are you ready, some complain about the upgrade. Happily, I am no longer at the exit booth, I have accepted another position with National starting today. I am very excited about this.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #103
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just a warning...

A lot of people are surprised at what rental car compaines think of as "midsize" or "full size" IMHO it's kind of Mid size equals what I think of as compact and Fullsize may equal fullisize or midsize in the real world.

So look at the "examples" and make sure they fit you

I would complain LOUDLY if all that was avaliable for me was a mini van. I don't want one! National sells itself to Business Travelers... not the "mini van" crowd IMHO! However, you won't hear the complaint at the exit booth because I am not driving the thing off the lot!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #104
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Just a warning...

A lot of people are surprised at what rental car compaines think of as "midsize" or "full size" IMHO it's kind of Mid size equals what I think of as compact and Fullsize may equal fullisize or midsize in the real world.

So look at the "examples" and make sure they fit you

I would complain LOUDLY if all that was avaliable for me was a mini van. I don't want one! National sells itself to Business Travelers... not the "mini van" crowd IMHO! However, you won't hear the complaint at the exit booth because I am not driving the thing off the lot!
National is indeed a Business Travelers brand, BUT, in Orlando vacation travelers use them also in a big way. And, no one said all that was available was a mini van, what was said was they were everywhere and it mainly applied to Alamo. There are many factors in play with how they classify vehicles, so, it makes sense that you and I (and many others) would scratch their heads wondering how they get classified.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 AM   #105
ddawg
Mouseketeer

Can you make a reservation without giving your emerald club number and then just show your card when you check the car out at the airport?

Also is there a standard car isle at the Orlando airport or just mid size and full size. I have an upgrade coupon and I want a full size car so do I reserve a mid size or a standard?
ddawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: