Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #421
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

bumping again,

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
mkymouse4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #422
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

I miss not adding to this thread. With the prices at National lately, I've had to use Alamo. My last trip in October, I rented from Alamo. My price was 1/2 of National. I've been crunching the number for my late January trip and right now I've again am booked with Alamo for ($175 total 10 days). The same rental with National is over double. I keep my fingers crossed that there might be some last minute drops (though there were none in October even up to the last day). I would even pay a little more for National. Maybe I'll get to contribute again if the prices get better.

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-27-2012, 06:58 PM   #423
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
I miss not adding to this thread. With the prices at National lately, I've had to use Alamo. My last trip in October, I rented from Alamo. My price was 1/2 of National. I've been crunching the number for my late January trip and right now I've again am booked with Alamo for ($175 total 10 days). The same rental with National is over double. I keep my fingers crossed that there might be some last minute drops (though there were none in October even up to the last day). I would even pay a little more for National. Maybe I'll get to contribute again if the prices get better.
I had a reservation with National for $245, and 10 days or so before we left I checked again. With our Emerald Club and AARP discount, it went down to $108. (We picked up in Ft Lauderdale and dropped off in Southwest Regional, 5 day rental).
Not Orlando, but in Ft Lauderdale: A bunch of Chevys (Impalas? Malibus?), 2 Altimas (we chose one of these), and a few Toyotas (Avalon). I did ask if there was any small SUVs and the guy told me I would've had to upgrade my rental. Not complaining; the Altima was awesome!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #424
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Hiya everyone,

N2mm, I hear that. I was getting crazy numbers too > but, used a code from work and it was about what we usually get. So went with that.
Maybe they are really pushing for a more "professional clientel??"

NJMom47, For some reason > MCO is always more than other locations.

Happy hunting.......

And Happy Holidays...............

mky

GF [x4], POLY [x22], CR [x27], YC [x3], BC [x6], BCV, AKV / KIDANI, AKL, BWV, SSR, WL, CSR, CBR, DXL, PO-RS [x7], Dolphin, Swan, DCL's Wonder [x2], PFB [x2], HRH, & Royal Plaza
Old 12-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #425
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkymouse4ever View Post
Hiya everyone,

N2mm, I hear that. I was getting crazy numbers too > but, used a code from work and it was about what we usually get. So went with that.
Maybe they are really pushing for a more "professional clientel??"

NJMom47, For some reason > MCO is always more than other locations.

Happy hunting.......

And Happy Holidays...............

mky
I was trying so hard to get a good rate...I was def concerned because it was not a full week rental, and pickup/dropoff were different places. I was so happy when my rate dropped that much though, I honestly had tried all types of discount codes to see what I could get, and was super surprised when I checked again and it had dropped that much!

Junior Brody Stella Luna Louie Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
njmom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #426
ymn
Mouseketeer

Emerald aisle executive

I'm picking up my car on Wednesday jan 2 in the morning. Do you think I'll have any luck finding an SUV?
ymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #427
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ymn View Post
I'm picking up my car on Wednesday jan 2 in the morning. Do you think I'll have any luck finding an SUV?
My bet is limited luck. It's a very busy time at MCO. Possibly if they have a lot of returns ready they might put something out there but..

If you need an SUV rent one in advance. Walk up rates are high and often lead to hysteria in the parking lot (Trust me I have seen hysteria occur both at MCO and at John Wayne in California when the family with two tons of luggage realizes they won't fit in a midsize and National gives them the "upgrade price" )
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:48 AM   #428
ymn
Mouseketeer

Mco rental at national

Thanks Orange County Commuter. I ended up making two reservations. One for emerald aisle/exec and one for emerald/reserve an hour later. The reserve price is a lot higher--hopefully I won't need it. Do you think having two reservations so close together will be okay?
ymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #429
mkymouse4ever
DIS Veteran

Just started the 2013 version!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040813

See you all there!

mky

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: